fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: Earth's Energy

I absolutely love this design! It's beautiful and conveys such a peaceful, positive, holistic message.

However, I'm not a big fan of brown (nor do I find it to be a very 'energetic' colour even if soil is partially the source of plant-energy_)..but then I'd like it even less on say, yellow. But I think the grass green colour would be gorgeous - maybe brown (a bit darker of one than the current used for the main design) on grass green?

Designwise I have one quibble - the rays seem really messy and detract from the symmetry and rather detailed complexity of the overall design, and I'd rather just see them gone altogether. Did you include them so that they seem to be projecting this earth/life energy?

Anyway, flawed or not, I will almost certainly buy this if I have the opportunity so I hope it wins!

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

nmtschaenn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages nmtschaenn

That is just a myth. It is more likely koalas have to sleep a lot because of the energy required to digest eucalyptis.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: Acoustic Energy = LIFE!!

great shirt...rock lives on.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TaylorP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TaylorP

<3

pernsni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pernsni
Re: Things are tough all over

If this gets printed anywhere, I must find it! Nerd shirts all the way.

montygog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montygog

cool design, got my vote!

Re: the NEW hybrid

montygog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages montygog
Re: The long way around (resub)

This is awesome, i can't believe it didn't score higher. Love the design, GMV!

rj001337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rj001337
Re: Miracle Lifeforce

I want three! At least!

mbalicki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbalicki
Re: Blue Flame

This is the definition of an emo shirt. And it has nothing to do with energy, so why is this so highly rated?

Synelia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Synelia
Re: Electric Mnemonic

I really wish this did better. I'm a science major (Biology) and this shirt is perfect for me. I really want it. It's not fair, such a cool design!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
sokowa wrote:This should have been in the fog ;(
At least it got a BL award
It's my favorite of the derby. I look at this and think, wow, what a nice design and then notice the extra element of "energy" which makes it even more interesting. Let's hope for a Honorable Mention.

Thanks Sokowa! In that you are one of my favorite artist here, I take that as a major compliment and I appreciate it very much.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: energy harvester

Hope this one can gather a few more votes before the end of the derby. Great design Dsladek!

jones21403

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jones21403
thatrobert wrote:

Congrats on the award. Sorry about the loser part. Look forward to your next weeks design.

Jack31081

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jack31081
klswoot wrote:Hope this one can gather a few more votes before the end of the derby. Great design Dsladek!

If this had been submitted over the weekend, it definitely would have finished a lot higher. I would have bought one in a heartbeat...great stuff.

y7lane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages y7lane
Re: Powered By Potassium

I want this shirt so hard! Why won't more people vote for it?

jjchampion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjchampion
Re: energy crisis!

Awesome.

Ostowe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ostowe
Re: E-Tank

Alas, not enough video gamers to vote for me...I'm glad some people got the reference anyway

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Chasing Windmills

Great work, toe! Those colors are popping and I love the chunky and loose linework.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: energy harvester

This is far better than almost everything here. I voted for it when I saw it, just a pity it came too late. Maybe in the upcoming do-over derby?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

pnkifyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkifyd
Re: Puppy Energy

puppa puppa

elementsunknown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elementsunknown
riffmaster18 wrote:E = I/c
Enjoy!

People need to keep voting for this shirt! Please get this into print, my favorite shirt in the derby.

krice2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krice2112

Current and topical. I like this one. Graphics are marginal for me personally.

Aelia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Aelia
Re: Energizing Bunnies

Oh man! I want this shirt!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
tgentry wrote:Great work, toe! Those colors are popping and I love the chunky and loose linework.

thanks t! my wife really wanted the hummingbird design so we were both disappointed to see it drop out of the fog.

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
curb1510 wrote:Would you consider making this design available on another site if it doesn't make it to print here? I would definetly be in for one. Gorgeous!

I'll think about it-- got to wait 60 days, though!

Thanks so much for all your comments, you guys. I really appreciate them. This design didn't go very far, but I had a lot of fun with it, and I'm glad that I could please some people!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
2thFairy wrote:

ikay, just a few more minutes and this derby will be over and can i just say,, Thank God! this has been one of the most nerve wracking weeks of my life. for those designers who haven't been in the fog yet let me tell ya, it's not all beer and roses.

i'd like to thank everyone who voted for this design, especially curb1510 who lobbied to get others to vote. i'd also like to thank everyone who commented (i know i've missed a few individually) it made it all worth it to know so many liked the design so much. for those who said they can't wear brown, i apologize.. brown just seemed to call out to me on this one. i tried it on navy with blues and it just didn't feel right.

i'd like to congratulate the other foggers, and those that made the BLAs, good work folks!. there were a lot of great designs this week and i wish woot would print more than just 3 per derby, but hey, them's the rules.

thanks again to everyone and see you in the next derby!

mikethecoder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikethecoder
Re: Sound Energy

come on people... vote more!!

Wolverine230

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wolverine230
Re: Energized to Win

I have not bought a shirt yet but I would buy this one!

erinsillart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erinsillart
thatrobert wrote:

COOL! Thanks!

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer

My friend would LOVE this! Although you missed getting printed by Woot, if you get this printed anywhere, please let me know, OK?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: The Carrot Crusader

Woo hoo! Triple digits!

Thanks to everyone who voted or commented.

hoppzor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoppzor
pennglendinning wrote:I was thinking this one looked identical to the heart blueprint design and was just a recycled idea submitted by the same person until seed spoke up. Seed's blueprint heart shirt executed a better idea in an artistically better way.

I think the heart fits a lot better with the concept of a circuit than a blueprint. I would totally buy this shirt, hands down.

TheNewOriginals

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheNewOriginals
kylemittskus wrote:While I may disagree with you, attacking someone based on his vernacular vocabulary is just puerile and makes you look like a, um... what is a non "fancy schmancy word, tool. Get a dictionary and educated yourself instead of vilifying one who is more intelligent than you.

Lest you forget people are not intelligent or ignorant just because of their vocabulary or lack there of, likewise they are not intelligent based on their use of a thesaurus or on their ability to make themselves SOUND smart as I am now so doing. No, intelligence is based on one's ability to acquire and find use for knowledge that has been gained through past experiences. In conclusion, one's vocabulary is an inaccurate way to gauge one's intelligence-especially through text-not only because of my latter statements but because vocabulary can be used as one feels like it. If one wanted to sound intelligent, one would talk how I am now so doing instead of how I did in my previous comment. Finally, you just got served by, for all you know, an adult; a child; or even a 13-year old.

fablefire

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Powered By Potassium

Thanks for the support guys! <3

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
TheNewOriginals wrote:Lest you forget people are not intelligent or ignorant just because of their vocabulary or lack there of, likewise they are not intelligent based on their use of a thesaurus or on their ability to make themselves SOUND smart as I am now so doing. No, intelligence is based on one's ability to acquire and find use for knowledge that has been gained through past experiences. In conclusion, one's vocabulary is an inaccurate way to gauge one's intelligence-especially through text-not only because of my latter statements but because vocabulary can be used as one feels like it. If one wanted to sound intelligent, one would talk how I am now so doing instead of how I did in my previous comment. Finally, you just got served by, for all you know, an adult; a child; or even a 13-year old.

I would think that using proper grammar and punctuation would be more important than being verbose or using sesquipedalians. Just because someone uses big words doesn't mean he had to grab a thesaurus. I expand my vocabulary by reading. Maybe some other people do too. I agree with you that Adder could stand to be more polite, but I really doubt he's using a thesaurus to sound smart.

I don't really care about minor grammatical errors and bad punctuation on the internet, but you really shouldn't tout your use of it in that last post as an example of "sounding intelligent." If you want to sound smart, be clear, be concise and don't abuse grammar and punctuation as you just did.

I wouldn't have said anything, but you were being rather rude yourself in your condemnation of Adder. I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

twoayres

quality posts: 0 Private Messages twoayres

I love my wife and her designs!

micmaq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages micmaq

Gorgeous shirt - I wish you had submitted it sooner so it would have had a better chance of winning.

xanderharris86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xanderharris86
Re: Things are tough all over

I'm going to have to say the same. I'd love this shirt... are you getting it printed by anyone?

lanpartyz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanpartyz
Re: Earth's Energy

kris, check your woot private messages. I have a request of you......