Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Sunflowers

good design, but the placement seems to be lacking. a bottom-right corner would suit this a lot better IMO

Richrules187

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Richrules187
Re: blue angel

This one got my vote because it is the best shirt on here. However, the wings are cut off too early and that totally killed the red rocket I had going for this design.

Cardster26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cardster26

Hrmm. I suppose those could work... it's a little late in the derby though for a resub =(. I'm surprised more people don't like blue... plus I'm pretty sure the shirt pictured is shown a tad lighter than the actual color.

paintchick1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paintchick1
Re: Wall Pixels

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Cheesesandwich - I appreciate that!
Seeduvpain - What a compliment! Thanks!
Discobiscuits - Yeah, I considered that. I tend to be a bit traditional with my placements. Maybe I'll cut loose one day. l o l.

breckenedge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breckenedge
Xzanthis wrote:I don´t wanna sound like a stupid guy but I just don´t see it... oh wait, no, is it a sail boat?

Wow it's a schooner!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Sakura (resub)

You shouldn't have resubmited for two pixels. Now you have the same exact entry twice in the top ten pushing other entries out of it. Not cool, not cool at all. LMV.

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

maxdamage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maxdamage

It is also not in line with the derby...

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

Oh No! Out of the fog at some point during the past hour according to ShirtDerbyStats. Going to have to turn off the computer today....much too addictive.

fikal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fikal

This contest reminds me of my basic/qbasic days. I used to love designing the ships for my space shooter Blastoid! Ha. Those were the days.

cheer4vols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheer4vols
Re: The Music Matrix

Yippee!!! Its in the fog! I have wanted a music themed derby for so long, but this works too

cyradis2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyradis2003
cobolisdead wrote:You shouldn't have resubmited for two pixels. Now you have the same exact entry twice in the top ten pushing other entries out of it. Not cool, not cool at all. LMV.

Give him a break, he resubbed based on people complaining about 2 pixels that came out the wrong color. He was trying to appease the previously mentioned pixel police.

For those of you saying this was sourced: I have seen a handful of similar triptychs depicting cherry trees. This is most likely because sakura blossoms are a hugely popular subject in Japanese and Chinese themed art. The triptych is a hugely popular format in this art - at least in the tourist fare that most Americans would have seen decorating the walls of our favorite moo goo gai pan palaces.

While this is not strictly a very original subject or design I think it is lovely and well executed. It has my vote and my $10 regardless of which version wins.

I have confidence that if somehow he does take 2 top spots woot will only print it once and the #4 shirt will be promoted to #3

cyradis2003

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyradis2003
pennglendinning wrote:what a dumb shirt

What a charming and intelligent reply!

I think this is adorable! I voted and I would buy it - I like the army green color shirts, they hold up well against dripped chalupa sauce ... sorry DIY Turtle.

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed!

I voted 'cuz my daughter sings slash yells this song. I don't remember it as one of the songs sung when I was little. Anyone have any idea when it came along? Durka-durka circa?

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

echo91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages echo91
Re: Meow

Thanks to everyone who has voted for my design!

stauffr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stauffr

Singer's bib. Thy mouth overfloweth with notes!

Thank you!

tjflashman77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjflashman77
Re: Pixel the Harmony Dragon (take 2)

This still has a similar problem to the original that was rejected. Regardless of how you want it to appear on the shirt, it is going to print about twice as large as shown in the shirt comp.

Greatest song ever written about JFK here. NSFW... or children... or anyone who's offended by the idea that JFK might have been a robot... fair warning.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich
paintchick1 wrote:LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!

falconite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falconite
tallmidget wrote: i didn't want the balloon to be exactly in the middle; perhaps i should have positioned it a little more off to emphasize that.

I really like this design! Great work. I do agree, though, that a smaller balloon might work a bit better in accentuating the fact that the balloon is not in the exact center of the shirt.

falconite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages falconite
Re: Hang in there, lil' bro!

I like turtles as well, but I have to say I can't see many guys wearing this shirt. A bit cutesy for me. I do like your work with the pixels though - and color choice was great.

TomAloisi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomAloisi

awesome!

TomAloisi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TomAloisi

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Cool concept. I like it!

Pensketch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pensketch

I really like it. Good job.

abelleauc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abelleauc
Re: One and the Same

Cute idea! And nice underlying (so to speak) message.

Perque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Perque
Re: Diamonds

Yes

kelinsky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelinsky

GMV!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
kdeuce wrote:oh i see.

Resubbing early when you think an entry will be rejected is usually the smart thing to do. Everyone voted this one up trying to get it back to the top so that when the original got rejected like they thought it would, there would still be a chance for the design to get printed. All of this has made for a weird situation in this case, though, because the original has NOT been rejected, even though it has been pointed out that it has too many colors.

Maybe you could try tattling on your own original design, and asking them to reject or remove it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

sarahmj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarahmj

I WANT THIS SHIRT!!! :D

Cat lovers vote for this one!

Re: Meow

radner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radner

Wait? Is the theme of this week Bill Cosby sweaters???? If so, good job!!!!

Pensketch

kacey3 wrote:I would buy this shirt in a heartbeat. I hope it wins! My bank account may differ in opinion, though. ;)

Thanks for the hope, although unless something crazy happens it's not going to be.

Pensketch

AttilaTheMom wrote:I have missed your zombies. welcome back

:D I hope the next derby is better suited to my style. Judging from the extreme lack of votes though, you are one of the few who have missed my zombies.

wenbinbin2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wenbinbin2010

would be sweet if it glowed in the dark...

abstractmonkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abstractmonkey

Nice design!

nadamucho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nadamucho

Looks great. Reminds me of the scene from 2010 when SAL9000 is analyzing Jupiter on the telescope.

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
fikal wrote:This contest reminds me of my basic/qbasic days. I used to love designing the ships for my space shooter Blastoid! Ha. Those were the days.

Heheh. I remember programming in the Commodore 64 version of basic. All those lines of code for even the simplest game... they even published magazines with programs that you could type into your computer. Imagine that... sitting up night after night typing a video game into your computer from a magazine. :-)

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Before there were pixels...

I don't know if it will last here with the rejector, but it is a very clever use of pixles. Great idea.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
radner wrote:Wait? Is the theme of this week Bill Cosby sweaters???? If so, good job!!!!

I like Bill Cosby.

daedalusknight

SailorButterfly wrote:Maybe you could try tattling on your own original design, and asking them to reject or remove it?

Yeah... I tried tattling on it and saying that... I asked Joel to either remove the original or say the original is okay and remove the copy.... maybe if Kdeuce did it?

Kdeuce, it's obvious that your duplicate shirt is headed up to the fog. Plus your original shirt has survived three rejections now. Please tattle on yourself and ask Joel to remove the copy if the original is fine or the original if it's not fine.

If he removes the original (which I don't think he'll do) that will shift all the focus to the resub, which will then climb even faster into the fog than it's already been doing.

If he removes the resub, all the focus will be on the original and you'll free up some extra space in the top ten and the hotness.

Do any of you veteran Wooters agree with this plan of action? Speak up if I've said something stupid here.

daedalusknight

edit: double post