hotchocolate729

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotchocolate729
Re: Candy Pop!

It kinda reminds me of the Mc Donalds arches tho....

silverice86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages silverice86

silverice86

Re: The PixaLisa

[/url][/quote]

silverice86

[/url]

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Re: Rawr !!!

brutal!

silverice86

silverice86

[/url][/quote] VOTE HERE!

test

silverice86

silverice86

Re: Sakura

the cherry blossom idea crossed my mind at first too, but u did it way better than i ever could have

VOTE HERE!

silverice86

Re: Wall Pixels

i am new to woot, and i was wondering where you get your tshirt model... how it looks like someone is actually in the shirt?

VOTE HERE!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
ChrisRisse wrote:oh, but me doing anything less than totally awesome as far as design goes would be a discredit to myself and my 5 adoring fans!

Disclaimer: I consider anyone not related to me who does enjoy my work a fan.

Are you counting me along the 5 adoring fans! Definitely count me in!

silverice86

Re: Blocked purty scarf

llo, the name of this shirt just makes me laugh

VOTE HERE!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
klswoot wrote:Are you counting me along the 5 adoring fans! Definitely count me in!

Me too.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

syntheticmessiah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages syntheticmessiah

but its the SAME design.

dancerqt0284

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dancerqt0284
Re: The Hearts are the SAME Color!

That's a neat effect! I don't think I would wear the shirt though...

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
ansharp wrote:I play the bassoon. So much sadness.

I play bassoon too, hurray! :D

Bassoons are awesome, and contrabassoons are even goofier!

ChrisRisse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChrisRisse

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
Mitamasan wrote:I play bassoon too, hurray! :D

Bassoons are awesome, and contrabassoons are even goofier!

We're supplying the Contras with bassoons now? :-)

Yes... I'm joking. :-)

fvisentini

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fvisentini
Re: pix nebula

Awesome idea and looks great using the pixel approach, it's a shame this is not getting as many votes as it deserves. Maybe if it had been posted sooner. Keep up the good work, Silverice86!! GMV for sure! I would love to wear it. (Bring back the idea in another derby maybe)

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
eHalcyon wrote:I see red, white, blue and yellow for the main colours, plus a pink and an orange for the anti-aliasing. Six, on the nose.

earthart, I think you have a great idea with these flags. However, instead of the blocky format you have now, I would suggest putting the flags in a line, either horizontal across the chest or vertical down a side. Also, I see that you've submitted multiple designs with the flags. I think it would be better for you if you chose one message and stuck with it. V-O-T-E is probably a weaker one - it's bordering on a woot reference. It could be a political message, but then it wouldn't make sense to obscure it, and you'd have to write in a candidate for it to make sense anyway.

Anyway, submitting so many similar designs may end up splitting your vote in a manner akin to submitting the same design on different shirt colours.

So, I'd suggest removing all but one of your flag designs, and maybe changing the composition around. Good luck!

eHalcyon, thank you for all of the great feedback and for your clarification regarding the number of colors (6 as you stated). I pondered a vertical format and did so with the YO version, but I ended up with the square format in my original design (where it spelled WOOT). I liked the color balance of that original design as the red-yellow flags were in opposite corners as was the W and T (both red, white, and blue). In retrospect perhaps the vertical would have worked better with LOVE and VOTE as you suggested, although I think COOL works best as a square. VOTE is meant in the generic VOTE OR DIE sense, although I understand your point concerning obscurity. Perhaps having people asking the person wearing the shirt about its meaning could instigate a conversation, say for a voter registration drive for instance. I think I'm going to do as you suggested as pare down to 2 designs. I already got rid of LOVE (decision made easier by my realization that I had used 7 colors) and will revisit the others. I think I'll leave the 2 I end up with as-is this time around and apply what I've learned this week to future designs. Thanks again for taking the time to provide me with the great feedback. Much appreciated.

silverice86

Re: Pixel Art Straight from the Brush

i love how every color overlaps and mixes perfectly. well done

VOTE HERE!

livewire1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livewire1337
Re: Pixel Tie Goodness :D

This design is different in many ways. First, this is printed on the shirt and not an actual tie. Second, there are a different number of pixels and different colors in the design. Also, this design is much wider and shorter than the tie at thinkgeek.

livewire1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livewire1337
Re: Pixel Tie Goodness :D

This design is different in many ways. First, this is printed on the shirt and not an actual tie. Second, there are a different number of pixels and different colors in the design. Also, this design is much wider and shorter than the tie at thinkgeek.

earthart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages earthart
AdderXYU wrote:It's also worth noting that when woot says no text, they mean it. They have, in the past, axed shirts with sign language and asian word-symbols (I'd just say Kanji, but I don't think that's the term for ALL countries, is it?), so semaphore is a likely candidate for the text axe as well.

AdderXYU, thank you for the heads-up. I'm hoping they let it go since they didn't mention the text issue when rejecting my original WOOT design (that was rejected because it was WOOT-related). I'm hoping because signal flags have multiple meanings, these will pass muster. We'll see what happens. Either way, I don't see my designs being much of a threat considering the top dog is currently at 3 votes (I was obviously hoping for a better showing than that). I'm new to the game though and have lots to learn. Throw a 2-year-old into the mix and my time is very limited. That being said, it does surprise me that many designs I consider less effective than mine routinely pass me in votes. Many factors I suppose, but I'm going to continue trying to crack that nut. At the worst, this is helping me to regain some of the design skills I've put on hold for the last 3 years. Thanks again.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: roasting 'mallows in hell

This shirt made me laugh and would be perfect for people I know..except, I can't do the asphalt color. Won't buy it for myself or anyone else. Did you try it on other colors like black or navy?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
firegal51 wrote:What's the thing in the sky? It can't be the moon, and it doesn't look like earth...

It's the earth. I wanted to keep the design grayscale, so that might be confusing the issue. The idea was to make this like what someone with a dot matrix printer might have on his wall in the '70s. North and South America are portrayed, with some shading.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

I really like this one - I think it would look great on an actual shirt. I hope to be buying this and wall pixels soon!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

Deliverance2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deliverance2005
tjflashman77 wrote:This still has a similar problem to the original that was rejected. Regardless of how you want it to appear on the shirt, it is going to print about twice as large as shown in the shirt comp.

yes...i know...I realized that in the first one, putting the picutre on the pocket would make the pixels too small...thats why i resized it and re-placed it...thats also why i put "[ ] = 1/4" x 1/4" in full print size"...becuase on the shirt comp it doesnt show as the full 1/4" obviously. On the shirt comp its about 1/8". But the Print-Ready File does show the full 1/4" . And thats what Woot! should be going by. Not by what it "looks" like on the shirt comp anyway.

riffmaster18

Re: Sunset 3.0

Thank you all for the votes and the fantastic comments! I really appreciate it!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
daedalusknight wrote:Actually, no. As long as it's on a shirt template of some sort (AND has a template approved color) then a shirt is fine. Many of us, for example, use James Cho's template instead of the Woot template. There's also a nice template out there by Jack31081.

Ok then, I thought it had to be on it.

~D

riffmaster18

Re: Fox Blocks

this is excellent work

emerica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emerica
Re: I am Taller Than Most Things

SOMEONE GET THIS BACK IN THE FOG!!

erll, i'm ogg yo trsf snf dlrrp

daedalusknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daedalusknight
riffmaster18 wrote:this is excellent work

Why thank you very much. I'm glad you like it. :-)

ArkAngelsWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArkAngelsWings
Re: The Lounge Lizard

This brings back memories of Leisure Suit Larry ;-)

klswoot

Re: (W)Right Angle Neutrality

riffmaster18 wrote:I really like this one - I think it would look great on an actual shirt. I hope to be buying this and wall pixels soon!

Thanks Riff. That means a lot. Glad you think it would look nice printed as well. I'm sure your tree design will be moving up overnight. Wouldn't be surprised to see it in the fog shortly. You've been at the top of the hotness nearly all day. Great work considering the rejections of some of your earlier entries. (Just saw your HM for the energy derby too....congratulations!)

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
Deliverance2005 wrote:yes...i know...I realized that in the first one, putting the picutre on the pocket would make the pixels too small...thats why i resized it and re-placed it...thats also why i put "[ ] = 1/4" x 1/4" in full print size"...becuase on the shirt comp it doesnt show as the full 1/4" obviously. On the shirt comp its about 1/8". But the Print-Ready File does show the full 1/4" . And thats what Woot! should be going by. Not by what it "looks" like on the shirt comp anyway.

Woot wants to ensure that the voters are voting on what it will print like. So, if the image won't print like it "looks" like on the shirt comp, Woot may choose to reject it.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Deliverance2005 wrote:yes...i know...I realized that in the first one, putting the picutre on the pocket would make the pixels too small...thats why i resized it and re-placed it...thats also why i put "[ ] = 1/4" x 1/4" in full print size"...becuase on the shirt comp it doesnt show as the full 1/4" obviously. On the shirt comp its about 1/8". But the Print-Ready File does show the full 1/4" . And thats what Woot! should be going by. Not by what it "looks" like on the shirt comp anyway.

If you are saying what I think you're saying, then you are misrepresenting how your design will look printed to the voters. The shirt comp is important as it demonstrates to people what it should look like when printed. Showing it half-size in the comp and saying the full design is different doesn't comply with rules. It's like putting gradients in the design in your shirt comp and then arguing that you didn't violate any rules because the print ready doesn't have gradients.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

wizard7926

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wizard7926
ChrisRisse wrote:I was pretty excited about this one until the music was added in the background. I am not usually so critical about designs, but the guitar alone was beautiful and didn't need too much in the background to support it.

I know, it does feel kind of busy with the notes, but I felt that it was too plain with just the guitar. I was stuck between designs with little time left to be able to garner significant votes.. oh well! I still love how it looks tiny:

[MOD: No advertising please]

klswoot

silverice86 wrote:i love how every color overlaps and mixes perfectly. well done

Thanks Silver! It was tough to do the overlapping colors and stick with only the 6 colors. I would have liked to do more...but needed more layering hues.

BTW Silver ... your 'vote here' link isn't working properly. Looks like you have an extra "/" at the very end of the link. You'll want to edit this. Also, you might want to add your voting information to your signature. Then you don't have to add the information to each post. You can do this easily by going to "Your Account" on the upper right of your shirt.woot page. Enter the voting information into your woot signature and then you can modify it each derby. It'll be a lot easier for you.

Hope that useful. Love the contrast of colors on the black shirt in your design. From the thumbnail, it looks like a piece of fruit dropping into water. Great motion.