eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
redghia69 wrote:Copy/paste from FF to PhotoShop results in the same color as a screenshot of FF (it's already been through the FF filter before you copy it). Save picture as/open in PhotoShop gives "correct" (template) brown. btw, I get different codes from screenshots of FF vs. IE, and neither matches yours.

Toe, once again, congratulations! Sorry for taking space in the thread!

I had to test it out... I saved the images from both FF and IE and then took screenshots from each one as well. The saved images were all #32c1c, matching the colour from the official template. IE screenshot was also good. The only one that was different was the FF screenshot, which came out as #32b1b for the submitted comps.

Wait... I just tried it again and now I'm only getting #32c1c. Can't get the slightly-off one at all now... well, I'm nice and confused now. Moving on again...

Another congratulations to toe for a great print. And I'll echo redghia - sorry for this extraneous discussion.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
ilikenwf wrote:This looks kinda like a Picasso painting. Too bad I'm kinda poor right now. Beautiful work, though. I've seen "Starry Night" and one other of Picasso's works, so I do see a good form in relation to Pablo's when I see it.

Except that "Starry Night" is a Van Gogh.... :D

ETA: Nice to see a balanced map; usually it's just the West Coasters up. Maybe because it's Saturday (make that Sunday).

Magentian

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Magentian

Gorgeous. o_o But I'm short on funds, and... erk... I dunno... do I really want a windmill on my chest... feh.

I'll sleep on it and have my wallet hope that it sells out quickly like the others did. XD

Sirguynate

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Sirguynate

This was the only one i voted for this derby, happy I could buy it!!!

kindergartencow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindergartencow

I REALLY like this shirt..It's gorgeous- deserved 1st in my opinion.. but I have too many black shirts as it is.. I'll have to think about it...

kindergartencow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kindergartencow

I REALLY like this shirt..It's gorgeous- deserved 1st in my opinion.. but I have too many black shirts as it is.. I'll have to think about it...

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510

Soooooo glad to see this go to print. CONGRATULATIONS TOE.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kindergartencow wrote:I REALLY like this shirt..It's gorgeous- deserved 1st in my opinion.. but I have too many black shirts as it is.. I'll have to think about it...

It's on brown.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

benisjam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benisjam

Looks like a storms a brewin', I'm a fan! Don't wear this if you live in the great plains in late summer :P

eddiepop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddiepop

this is great. really expresses the power of nature vs. the little manmade windmill. congrats!

Webfoot08

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Webfoot08

Beautifully done. A much deserved win. Congratulations to "The Toe"!

sirgenius3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirgenius3

Great Shirt, there's been a lot of shirts on woot lately that I'd wear if they were given to me as a gift, but this is one that I was quite willing to buy myself. Keep up the good work.

kristibosch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kristibosch

Not so into brown shirts but I love it. Very quixotic.

srglancey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srglancey

Congrats on the win, Toe! Beautiful shirt!

wndy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wndy

Love this, in for one.

And this is my first $10 woot! Hurrah!

deaddude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deaddude

I love it, but I don't know if I want another brown shirt after Friday's. Then again, I did vote for it. I like it more as a design than a t-shirt.

soularmor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soularmor

This design took my heart right away. Congrats!

jrs1980

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jrs1980

Does this fill the void that not having bought it might have been a giant has left in my life? Will have to determine in the morning.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

S'OK, but not good enough to get me to part with my $10. I'll wait for what tomorrow brings.

WalkingSnake

quality posts: 1 Private Messages WalkingSnake

Absolutely beautiful design, great colors...

You got $10 from me.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
deaddude wrote:I love it, but I don't know if I want another brown shirt after Friday's. Then again, I did vote for it. I like it more as a design than a t-shirt.

I recall when Cho's Alice Painting Caterpillar was printed, many people bought it in hopes of framing or making a pillow because they loved the art but hated wearing white. If you didn't know about wearing it, you could always display it in some other manner.

jingodemail

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jingodemail

not spanish in the literary sense. not dutch in the physical.

it's the summer of blockbuster woot shirts.

pass.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

WTG man great print.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
AdderXYU wrote:I recall when Cho's Alice Painting Caterpillar was printed, many people bought it in hopes of framing or making a pillow because they loved the art but hated wearing white. If you didn't know about wearing it, you could always display it in some other manner.

stretch it over your old poker table. brings new life into everything these shirts do.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

glngnay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glngnay

Quixotic aye...? Like QUIXOTE.! Ove been looking for those la mancha puns

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

van gogh ish

pfffft!

poopcrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poopcrap

i like it. got one!

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
ilikenwf wrote:This looks kinda like a Picasso painting. Too bad I'm kinda poor right now. Beautiful work, though. I've seen "Starry Night" and one other of Picasso's works, so I do see a good form in relation to Pablo's when I see it.

um yeah. you mean van gogh.

pfffft!

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

toe2254 wrote:thanks! do we get any free shirts out of this deal or do we have to buy them?

Yep, you'll get a coupon for three shirts. Don't forget to choose overnight shipping because it's included. ^_^

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

marekny7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marekny7

Cool design, in for one.

First sucker: phzzt
Speed to first woot: 0m 17.220s

Last wooter to woot: marekny7

CT

phzzt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phzzt

I seriously can't believe I was the first sucker. Now everyone knows I liked it the best. I cannot wait to wear this. Definitely the most sophisticated, art-focused shirt I will have from woot! Thanks toe and WTG!

markzero

quality posts: 12 Private Messages markzero

I like it, and after I check my card will probably get one. Texas is going to be one big windmill farm, soon, you know. Plus it will match the green tilting at windmills one from here in my collection.

LPAkira

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LPAkira

That's a really beautiful design, it's sort of tempting.

pappyred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pappyred

I really like the design and the colors too! Awesome stuff!

scgamecock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scgamecock

One of the best pieces of art I've seen on Woot. Great job! This would be great on the wall, and I hope you do make a wallpaper out of it, I'd love to have it as my background.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

sorry for the late arrive folks. right after i got up this morning our cable went out. as promised here's a wallpaper suitable version at 1024x768. feel free to download.

dmf8625

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmf8625

Saw this last night and loved it, but could not pull the trigger. Saw it was still here this morning and had to buy it.

cheesesandwich

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheesesandwich

Congrats, Toe! The art looks great and will make an awesome shirt. A well deserved win, indeed.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Congratulations Toe! We were on the road again and I didn't have time to check shirt.woot until now. So happy to see that your windmill won a spot! Love the colors and the style.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny

Congrats to the artist! I'm in for one. And I too helped light up Utah!