genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
lucky1988 wrote:@imsochady
@omnitarian
@JadenKale

Hey, thanks for posting a picture of the T-shirt (I need to check this thread more often). I'm glad you folks liked the design. I, too was disappointed when I saw the shirt composition on the day of sale. I thought maybe I mistakenly omitted the "arrow" trail in the file or for some reason it was deleted when it went to print. I was happy and relieved though, when I received my shirt in the mail and found out the "trail" was included.

That's one of those shirts that NOW I'm like "Why didn't I buy one?!?" It does help that the line is there...

Oh well, maybe on teetrade.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Photos of Collision:

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

here's my Villainous Victorian Velociraptor.

Wonderful design, sokowa. Classy, humorous, and carnivorous.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Jestik wrote:here's my Villainous Victorian Velociraptor.

so everything came out OK? I've been fretting away until I see a real shot (mine shouldn't be in until tomorrow)
Thanks for the pic!
EDIT: Tad bit bigger than I expected, but at least the lines don't get blurred out.

Jestik

sokowa wrote:so everything came out OK? I've been fretting away until I see a real shot (mine shouldn't be in until tomorrow)
Thanks for the pic!
EDIT: Tad bit bigger than I expected, but at least the lines don't get blurred out.

yeah, it turned out fantastic! I really love the subtle orange on asphalt, it really goes well together, and stands out at the same time.

And I really like the size of the print, it's perfect

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Jestik wrote:here's my Villainous Victorian Velociraptor.

Looks great! I can't wait to get mine.

genericsmith

jmmbell1987 wrote:Looks great! I can't wait to get mine.

Looks great, I may have to get one.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

I received my latest Edgar creation today "How the Deer Got His Antlers". Woot did a splendid job with the printing. I recommend picking this one up before it gets reckoned.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
snarkygal wrote:I received my latest Edgar creation today "How the Deer Got His Antlers". Woot did a splendid job with the printing. I recommend picking this one up before it gets reckoned.

Unf.

The shipping tracker on mine says it still hasn't shipped yet. I'm wondering how long I should wait before emailing service. :/

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
xazothia wrote:Unf.

The shipping tracker on mine says it still hasn't shipped yet. I'm wondering how long I should wait before emailing service. :/

Email them now if it hasn't even shipped yet.

cmdixon2

xazothia wrote:Unf.

Same problem with mine. My shipping info says it was due to be shipped on the 7th, but nothing has changed since the shipping info was transmitted.

On a weirder note, I had ordered Rglees shirt the day before the Edgar shirt, and had that shipped overnight (with a coupon), so I got that shirt last week. Today I got a Fedex with another of the same Rglee shirt. I thought maybe I accidentally ordered 2 of them somehow so I immediately checked my account, but I only ordered the one. That has never happened to me. I'm just worried they screwed up my Edgar order and somehow sent me two Rglees.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
cmdixon2 wrote:Same problem with mine. My shipping info says it was due to be shipped on the 7th, but nothing has changed since the shipping info was transmitted.

On a weirder note, I had ordered Rglees shirt the day before the Edgar shirt, and had that shipped overnight (with a coupon), so I got that shirt last week. Today I got a Fedex with another of the same Rglee shirt. I thought maybe I accidentally ordered 2 of them somehow so I immediately checked my account, but I only ordered the one. That has never happened to me. I'm just worried they screwed up my Edgar order and somehow sent me two Rglees.

Ooh-ooh! I know what happened!

They had used the wrong ink color for the 181c shading on the robot (they used black instead- it looked pretty weird). It sounds like it was a goof on only one of the initial runs of shirts, so most of them are OK, but the folks who got the bad ones get an additional replacement one with the correct ink color.

Big, big thanks, Woot!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
rglee129 wrote:Ooh-ooh! I know what happened!

They had used the wrong ink color for the 181c shading on the robot (they used black instead- it looked pretty weird). It sounds like it was a goof on only one of the initial runs of shirts, so most of them are OK, but the folks who got the bad ones get an additional replacement one with the correct ink color.

Big, big thanks, Woot!

I hope it wasn't a big problem. Living in Canada, any problem on a shirt that doesn't dominate the reckoning means that I probably won't get that shirt. So far that's only happened with the Perched On Blossoms redux (shirt was lost in transit and I could only get a refund). Now I'm paranoid all the time.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

cmdixon2

rglee129 wrote:Ooh-ooh! I know what happened!

Big, big thanks, Woot!

Oh wow, i had no idea. I didn't notice anything was wrong. That's awesome that they fixed that so quickly. Thanks for the heads up Robbie! I thought I just lucked into an extra shirt.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
elviswind wrote:

BAaahhh!! BEAR!!

This thread is so cool, I didn't even know it was here! Horray for seeing the real shirts :D

Thanks so much for posting a pic of the bear .

sokowa

Posted this on the Raptor thread as well:

Here's the shirt on a Sokowa.

The shirt is WM and the details came out really well. My BF has an XL shirt and it looks fine on that too (looks like woot has several different print sizes so the design is proportioned nicely to the shirt size (THANKS WOOT!). Initially, when Jestik was kind enough to post his shirt I was thinking the greenish tint that is on the monocle, a little on the claws and on the bike came out odd. But seeing it on the actual shirt it works well. Just doesn't seem to be a photo friendly color. (or I'm just super picky )

LettersToJapan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LettersToJapan

Got this in a couple days ago and I'm super happy with it. It's "I've Got My Eye On You" by Lucky1988 in a Mens Medium. Despite the print on the front being large, it doesn't bother me like I thought it might. The shirt is really rich with color, and the details are perfect. Keith (Lucky1988) did an amazing job on this as well as his other shirts. Sorry if the picture isn't the greatest, I did my best with what I had to work with.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
LettersToJapan wrote:Got this in a couple days ago and I'm super happy with it. It's "I've Got My Eye On You" by Lucky1988 in a Mens Medium. Despite the print on the front being large, it doesn't bother me like I thought it might.

*snipped rest for brevity*

I am overwhelmed by the size of the print. Didn't know woot even printed that large. Looks awesome

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

[quote postid="3737159" user="LettersToJapan"]Got this in a couple days ago and I'm super happy with it. It's "I've Got My Eye On You" by Lucky1988 in a Mens Medium. Despite the print on the front being large, it doesn't bother me like I thought it might. The shirt is really rich with color, and the details are perfect. Keith (Lucky1988) did an amazing job on this as well as his other shirts. Sorry if the picture isn't the greatest, I did my best with what I had to work with.

Thanks for posting a pic of the shirt LettersToJapan, I'm glad you like it. I got my shirts too and was impressed by the huge print size, colors and sharp details. Shirtwoot did a phenomenal job with the printing!

sokowa

"The Guardian"

Sorry for the bad photo but the printing came out well.

EDIT: sorry, my webhost is fritzing out, sometimes the image will show, sometimes it won't.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
sokowa wrote:"The Guardian"

Sorry for the bad photo but the printing came out well.

EDIT: sorry, my webhost is fritzing out, sometimes the image will show, sometimes it won't.

I thought you would be amused to know I had a dream based on your shirt.

This little girl and her dad lived next to a mountain. The father owned an aerial tramway company that took people up and down the mountain.

A monster lived in the mountain. At night, the spirit of the monster would try to get the little girl, but her teddy bear's spirit protected her (seriously, it looked just like your shirt). One night, the monster got some minion spirits to possess the girl, but the teddy bear spirit did something, and the other spirits were dispelled from the girl.

The monster was also terrorizing the tramway cars, but the father was in denial. A car showed up in front of a control center beat up, with a bite taken out of it, and the people who were supposed to be in it missing. The father just said, "Oh, looks like there's been accident. I wonder where the people are?". >.<

And that's when I woke up. XD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
sokowa wrote:so everything came out OK? I've been fretting away until I see a real shot (mine shouldn't be in until tomorrow)
Thanks for the pic!

Let me just say that this is my favorite woot shirt so far of the ones I own It printed really well.

sokowa

SailorButterfly wrote:I thought you would be amused to know I had a dream based on your shirt.

This little girl and her dad lived next to a mountain. The father owned an aerial tramway company that took people up and down the mountain.

A monster lived in the mountain. At night, the spirit of the monster would try to get the little girl, but her teddy bear's spirit protected her (seriously, it looked just like your shirt). One night, the monster got some minion spirits to possess the girl, but the teddy bear spirit did something, and the other spirits were dispelled from the girl.

The monster was also terrorizing the tramway cars, but the father was in denial. A car showed up in front of a control center beat up, with a bite taken out of it, and the people who were supposed to be in it missing. The father just said, "Oh, looks like there's been accident. I wonder where the people are?". >.<

And that's when I woke up. XD

HAHA, awesome!! Not many designers can have that sort of claim to fame

@nyren - So glad to hear it. Designing something on the computer is one thing . .having it actually come out on a tshirt, well at least for me and my somewhat newbness (I'll never totally feel like I got this tshirt stuff down), is always very exciting.

cmdixon2

I got my "Live Not On Evil" shirts today. It printed well except for weird vertical lines on each side of the shirt. Looks like it came from the press or something. My camera's battery died before I noticed them. I'll post a picture once the battery is charged.

Meanwhile here are the other photos:

Jestik

here is my new Live Not On Evil. It looks wonderful in person, great choice on the colors Chris! I think woot is getting much better at their printing process.

Edit:
ha! Chris we posted at the same time! I see the lines on mine as well. It's just from the press, they'll wash out after the first time through the laundry.

cmdixon2

Jestik wrote:

ha! Chris we posted at the same time! I see the lines on mine as well. It's just from the press, they'll wash out after the first time through the laundry.

That's good news. I was going to test wash it before contacting Woot, but at least now I know it's not uncommon.

Thanks for letting me know!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
cmdixon2 wrote:I got my "Live Not On Evil" shirts today. It printed well except for weird vertical lines on each side of the shirt. Looks like it came from the press or something. My camera's battery died before I noticed them. I'll post a picture once the battery is charged.

Awesome! I can't wait to get mine! :D

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
cmdixon2 wrote:I got my "Live Not On Evil" shirts today. It printed well except for weird vertical lines on each side of the shirt. Looks like it came from the press or something. My camera's battery died before I noticed them. I'll post a picture once the battery is charged.

This printed fantastically Chris. I'm glad woot did it justice.

cmdixon2

Drakxxx wrote:[quote postid="3772389" user="cmdixon2"]I got my "Live Not On Evil" shirts today. It printed well except for weird vertical lines on each side of the shirt. Looks like it came from the press or something. My camera's battery died before I noticed them. I'll post a picture once the battery is charged.

This printed fantastically Chris. I'm glad woot did it justice.

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. Looking forward to getting your "I Met System I" shirt today (I hope). I think it's going to look awesome. Hoping to take a picture of it and post it for all to admire (and buy!). Until then......

mightywooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightywooter

Meanwhile here are the other photos:

If you don't mind me asking, what size is your shirt? Thanks!

Btw, it looks great on you and the length is pretty impressive.

cmdixon2

Btw, it looks great on you and the length is pretty impressive.[/quote]

The shirt I had on is a size WL, but I also ordered a WM which is my true size. I like the WL sizes to sleep in because they are roomy, but I wear the WM out. Confusing? This boggles Chris' mind. (obviously this is not him speaking )

Does that help at all???

Just in case you wondered, all the other shirts I modeled for him on this have been in the WM size in case you wondered what those look like.

cmdixon2

My wife received "I Met System I" today. Printed brilliantly. Here are the pics as promised!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
cmdixon2 wrote:My wife received "I Met System I" today. Printed brilliantly. Here are the pics as promised!

Brilliant! Now I really can't wait for my shirts to get here! X3

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
cmdixon2 wrote:My wife received "I Met System I" today. Printed brilliantly. Here are the pics as promised!

Thanks for the pics Chris! The print does look really nice!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Yes, I am a big geek. Here is "It's a Trap" and Wiley (I just haven't ordered many shirts lately...

edit: and I forget to fix Wiley's red eyes...

mightywooter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mightywooter
cmdixon2 wrote:The shirt I had on is a size WL, but I also ordered a WM which is my true size. I like the WL sizes to sleep in because they are roomy, but I wear the WM out. Confusing? This boggles Chris' mind. (obviously this is not him speaking )

Does that help at all???

Just in case you wondered, all the other shirts I modeled for him on this have been in the WM size in case you wondered what those look like.

Lol, no, I totally understand. When you're sleeping you want to be comfortable; when you're out, you want it to be form fitting. I guess I'll go with the WL, I don't want to get anything too small. Thanks so much, I haven't ordered any because of this but I'm going to take the dive and give it a chance. Thanks again!

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I got my Autobiography shirt today! I love it even more in person. I was worried that the light/cream color on the bird wasn't going to show up well on lemon, but it has just the right amount of contrast. I also thought the design would be smaller; I am happily proven wrong.

with and without flash:

halftoning:

me~ :

I'm so happy I was able to snag this the legit (non-trading) way; the bird's expression is just so subtle and gentle and sad. as I wrote on the original posting for it, j'adore. <3

genericsmith

Does anyone have pictures of "The Sleep of Reason Produces Flying Turtles"? I was considering it... curious how it printed.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
genericsmith wrote:Does anyone have pictures of "The Sleep of Reason Produces Flying Turtles"? I was considering it... curious how it printed.

-Matt Colin

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
colinm09 wrote:
[and a bunch of other pics]

Thanks for posting these! I was really pleased with the way this one printed. Woot's gotten really good with the half-tones.