genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith
colinm09 wrote:

It looks better than I thought it might.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
genericsmith wrote:It looks better than I thought it might.

I was quite pleased with it. Turned out very well. Great job again, Robbie!

-Matt Colin

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Not a woot shirt, but by a woot artist...

People Go round, by BootsBoots

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

irulan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages irulan

so after looking in this thread I decided to buy I met System I before it was reckoned. It arrived today, and I am kind of disappointed with the print quality. It looks like there was an issue getting the blacks lined up during the screenprinting process. I posted a pic below, do you guys think that I should contact them?

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
irulan wrote:so after looking in this thread I decided to buy I met System I before it was reckoned. It arrived today, and I am kind of disappointed with the print quality. It looks like there was an issue getting the blacks lined up during the screenprinting process. I posted a pic below, do you guys think that I should contact them?

Yes, contact and send the pictures. My copy of this shirt printed cleanly, so if they did additional printings, looks like a bad print job.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
AGrant311 wrote:Yes, contact and send the pictures. My copy of this shirt printed cleanly, so if they did additional printings, looks like a bad print job.

Mine printed excellently as well.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Andy47240 wrote:Mine printed excellently as well.

Mine too.

bandit55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit55
Jestik wrote:Mine too.

My blacks seem to not quite be lined up either and I ordered the first day possible, but I chose smartpost shipping so I don't know if that meant I got a later batch. My blacks seem a little more lined up then in AGrant311's, but are still not completely lined up and don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's photos. If you look at AGrant311's photo the lower right smiley face's eye brows are black and then have yellow and then the shirt color asphalt. The same smiley face on my shirt has the black line slightly above the asphalt shirt so it's not lined up completely, but there is no yellow showing so that leads me to believe the lines are more lined up than in AGrant311's yet they don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's. Those of you that said your's printed fine, are the blacks on your smiley faces lined up EXACTLY or are the blacks lined up slightly high leaving bits of shirt blank asphalt beneath them? A friend is borrowing my camera, but I'll post pics when I can.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
bandit55 wrote:My blacks seem to not quite be lined up either and I ordered the first day possible, but I chose smartpost shipping so I don't know if that meant I got a later batch. My blacks seem a little more lined up then in AGrant311's, but are still not completely lined up and don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's photos. If you look at AGrant311's photo the lower right smiley face's eye brows are black and then have yellow and then the shirt color asphalt. The same smiley face on my shirt has the black line slightly above the asphalt shirt so it's not lined up completely, but there is no yellow showing so that leads me to believe the lines are more lined up than in AGrant311's yet they don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's. Those of you that said your's printed fine, are the blacks on your smiley faces lined up EXACTLY or are the blacks lined up slightly high leaving bits of shirt blank asphalt beneath them? A friend is borrowing my camera, but I'll post pics when I can.

It's irulan's whose shirt didn't print well. Mine printed fine, but I didn't post pictures.
Ii just responded and told him/her to contact service with pictures.
Has anyone gotten their Steam Heart shirt yet?

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
bandit55 wrote:My blacks seem to not quite be lined up either and I ordered the first day possible, but I chose smartpost shipping so I don't know if that meant I got a later batch. My blacks seem a little more lined up then in AGrant311's, but are still not completely lined up and don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's photos. If you look at AGrant311's photo the lower right smiley face's eye brows are black and then have yellow and then the shirt color asphalt. The same smiley face on my shirt has the black line slightly above the asphalt shirt so it's not lined up completely, but there is no yellow showing so that leads me to believe the lines are more lined up than in AGrant311's yet they don't look as lined up as cmdixon2's. Those of you that said your's printed fine, are the blacks on your smiley faces lined up EXACTLY or are the blacks lined up slightly high leaving bits of shirt blank asphalt beneath them? A friend is borrowing my camera, but I'll post pics when I can.

Mine is lined up perfectly, nothing odd about it. Sounds like you just got a bad print. Take a picture of the area you think looks bad and email it to Woot. They have excellent customer service and will most likely send you a new shirt.

irulan

quality posts: 10 Private Messages irulan
AGrant311 wrote:Yes, contact and send the pictures. My copy of this shirt printed cleanly, so if they did additional printings, looks like a bad print job.

thanks! I emailed them last night, we'll see what they say.

I do hope I can get a better print, I really love the design.

bandit55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bandit55
AGrant311 wrote:It's irulan's whose shirt didn't print well. Mine printed fine, but I didn't post pictures.
Ii just responded and told him/her to contact service with pictures.
Has anyone gotten their Steam Heart shirt yet?

Whoops, I cited the wrong person, my apologies.

And also, thanks for the feedback, cmdixon2, I'll do as you suggest and take pictures and contact woot.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Did anybody buy Night Rider?

I was curious how the sky above the surfer looks.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Sorry these aren't the best photos, and the shirt's a little rumply and creased straight out of the envelope, but wanted to quickly post Lantern Lights! It feels unbelievable to actually see it on a shirt!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
jasneko wrote:Sorry these aren't the best photos, and the shirt's a little rumply and creased straight out of the envelope, but wanted to quickly post Lantern Lights! It feels unbelievable to actually see it on a shirt!

I gotta say I think I like the shirt better then the flat art. The shirt seems too have a little more depth to it, maybe cause the colors of the inks were a little different then the derby comp. Good job!

jasneko

tjost wrote:I gotta say I think I like the shirt better then the flat art. The shirt seems too have a little more depth to it, maybe cause the colors of the inks were a little different then the derby comp. Good job!

Thanks Tjost! I noticed the colors seemed a little different also... though the same pantone colors were in the comps. Thinking about it... with nearly every shirt I've bought, the colors seem a bit more muted on the shirt than they did onscreen in the comps - maybe that's just the nature of back-lit monitors?

Overall I was pleased with the print - especially the depth of the lanterns. You probably can't really tell from the photo I took, but they have a very nice flow and movement to them, especially on the female form. The shirt seemed to come to life when it was worn, which was pretty neat!:D

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
jasneko wrote:Thanks Tjost! I noticed the colors seemed a little different also... though the same pantone colors were in the comps. Thinking about it... with nearly every shirt I've bought, the colors seem a bit more muted on the shirt than they did onscreen in the comps - maybe that's just the nature of back-lit monitors?

Overall I was pleased with the print - especially the depth of the lanterns. You probably can't really tell from the photo I took, but they have a very nice flow and movement to them, especially on the female form. The shirt seemed to come to life when it was worn, which was pretty neat!:D

Congrats J. It really does look good! About time you got a print

jasneko

sokowa wrote:Congrats J. It really does look good! About time you got a print

Thanks so much Sokowa

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
tjost wrote:I gotta say I think I like the shirt better then the flat art. The shirt seems too have a little more depth to it, maybe cause the colors of the inks were a little different then the derby comp. Good job!

Agreed. The light looks much better in print as well. Congrats, Jasneko!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

[quote postid="3791798" user="jasneko"]Sorry these aren't the best photos, and the shirt's a little rumply and creased straight out of the envelope, but wanted to quickly post Lantern Lights! It feels unbelievable to actually see it on a shirt!

Wow, that shirt really turned out awesome! I'm impressed! I thought it looked nice before, but it looks way better actually worn as a shirt. Glad you got your print, Jasneko.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Mavyn wrote:Not a woot shirt, but by a woot artist...

People Go round, by BootsBoots

Hey Mavyn, was your tee missing the very top of the little ele on the carosel? everything was great as I pulled mine out, and then you can see they didn't pull the ink quite to the top of the screen.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
JadenKale wrote:Hey Mavyn, was your tee missing the very top of the little ele on the carosel? everything was great as I pulled mine out, and then you can see they didn't pull the ink quite to the top of the screen.

The top is good, but there's one elephant that has a black smudge. I hadn't had time to check their policy on replacements...and really, it's not obnoxious, just looks like normal aging.

Edit to add: if I remember, I'll take a better picture of the tee. The above was taken primarily to satisfy whining from some quarters about not having seen my hair cut, so the focus obviously wasn't the tee. ;)

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Koops12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Koops12

Hey, if anyone has bought and received "Sullen", could you please say how it printed? Pictures would be nice as well, a lot of people say it won't print like the design, but I'm still interested to see how it looks and possibly grab one before it reckons.

jasneko

jmmbell1987 wrote:Agreed. The light looks much better in print as well. Congrats, Jasneko!

Glad you think so. Thank you jmmbell1987!

cmdixon2 wrote:
Wow, that shirt really turned out awesome! I'm impressed! I thought it looked nice before, but it looks way better actually worn as a shirt. Glad you got your print, Jasneko.

Thanks cmdixon! It was quite amazing to see how well the flow and depth worked when worn...and really great to see a design I worked on actually *on* a real shirt! Thanks, appreciate it!

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

just got placemat and it realy looks good

just an odd part with the boar, the rice tried to be colored, but it got mistaken:

sorry for the phone pics

jaideam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaideam
Koops12 wrote:Hey, if anyone has bought and received "Sullen", could you please say how it printed? Pictures would be nice as well, a lot of people say it won't print like the design, but I'm still interested to see how it looks and possibly grab one before it reckons.

Husband just got his - mens XL

Turned out alright, I think. ^.^ Darker than the comp but not bad

cat thing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cat thing
Drakxxx wrote:This printed fantastically Chris. I'm glad woot did it justice.

I just got my Live Not On Evil shirt and it is ridiculously awesome. My boyfriend hates my habit of buying Woot shirts, and he tried to hide the mail from me when he saw a Woot package in it, but once I opened it, even he agreed that it really is an awesome shirt. I think it is even better than the pictures people have posted already

Jestik

cat thing wrote:My boyfriend hates my habit of buying Woot shirts, and he tried to hide the mail from me when he saw a Woot package in it,

get a new boyfriend.

dragndrop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragndrop
jaideam wrote:

Husband just got his - mens XL

Turned out alright, I think. ^.^ Darker than the comp but not bad

I got one and the face is solid black except for the eye and a bit of the nostril. It looks like a tire track across the shirt.

cat thing

Jestik wrote:get a new boyfriend.

awww no... you make me sad =(
He doesn't hate woot. He just thinks I buy too many shirts... and I do buy too many shirts because I can barely stuff them all in my drawer. He has some woot shirts too...

Jestik

cat thing wrote:awww no... you make me sad =(
He doesn't hate woot. He just thinks I buy too many shirts... and I do buy too many shirts because I can barely stuff them all in my drawer. He has some woot shirts too...

ha, sorry - I was just joking

on a different note - our woot join date is only 4 days apart!

KaylaJ

anyone else get placemat? i wanna know if i'm the only one who got that weird color that's not on the rice directly. i knows its minor, but just curious

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

KaylaJ wrote:anyone else get placemat? i wanna know if i'm the only one who got that weird color that's not on the rice directly. i knows its minor, but just curious

It's part of the design.

Enhanced for your edification (picture taken from the shirt preview pic on the shirt's sales page):

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
cat thing wrote:awww no... you make me sad =(
He doesn't hate woot. He just thinks I buy too many shirts... and I do buy too many shirts because I can barely stuff them all in my drawer.

"are those t-shirts stuffed in your drawers or are you just happy to see me?"

cat thing

Jestik wrote:ha, sorry - I was just joking

haha yeah, I know you were joking. ... And eventually he'll get used to all the woot shirts and probably get some more of his own (he has Zombie Vampire Robots From Space already)

Jestik wrote:
on a different note - our woot join date is only 4 days apart!

So it is. I just joined regular old woot back then. I didn't start checking the tshirts until quite a bit later.

KaylaJ

goldenthorn wrote:It's part of the design.

Enhanced for your edification (picture taken from the shirt preview pic on the shirt's sales page)

ahh thank you, never noticed that. wonder what its supposed to be, grease marks? boar drool?

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat

Does anyone have a pic of 1985 they'e be willing to post?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
KaylaJ wrote:ahh thank you, never noticed that. wonder what its supposed to be, grease marks? boar drool?

I took it as grease marks. The boar probably had a whole pile of rice that he's already eaten, leaving behind the grease.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Jestik

Look who came to my house today.

!!!TACOCAT!!!

Omni, this is utter perfection. Really considering buying a second one, cuz I know I'm gonna wear this a LOT!

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
KaylaJ wrote:ahh thank you, never noticed that. wonder what its supposed to be, grease marks? boar drool?

I thought it was the sauce or whatever else was in the bowl along with the rice.