katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
DianaSprinkle wrote:I noticed also that the lemon blank is rather thin... which is frustrating. I'd love to use the lighter colors more but I'm not so excited about making a shirt on a thin shirt blank that I can't wear. =/

I dunno if I would say the shirts are actually thinner (cream, white, yellow), because they feel the same as the other colors. But more light does get through, which is why I just wear a camisole underneath. If you wear a cami that matches your skin tone you actually can't see it, I'm wearing a white one in the photo so its easier to see.

Its the same as with other clothes, white pants are crazy see through, white shirts are see through. You can always see a guys undershirt when he wears a white shirt or other light color.

Just the nature of light colored fabrics!

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

OK, so this isn't a 'new' Woot short, but one I've had for some time. But I got tired of leaving my shirts on the shelf on non-jeans days. And now that the weather is cooler, I can wear them even less. So, I thought - Woot as fashion accessory? Why not. SAmurai and Sea Dragon with black separates (and awesome dark gray flats that you can't see).
Apologies for the paunch. I've been breaking training lately.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
katfin25 wrote:I dunno if I would say the shirts are actually thinner (cream, white, yellow), because they feel the same as the other colors. But more light does get through, which is why I just wear a camisole underneath. If you wear a cami that matches your skin tone you actually can't see it, I'm wearing a white one in the photo so its easier to see.

Its the same as with other clothes, white pants are crazy see through, white shirts are see through. You can always see a guys undershirt when he wears a white shirt or other light color.

Just the nature of light colored fabrics!

disagree. at least for men's.

thin fabrics: lemon, grass, baby blue, asphalt

thick fabrics: olive, heather, royal, black, kelly, cranberry

on the fence (meaning I have thick ones and thin ones): brown, white, orange, red, navy, creme

it has to do with AA quality standards, which are all over the damn board. don't get me wrong they make a very workable blank, but sizing and thickness are something they don't practice a standard.

Happy Beer.

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
jabberjaws13 wrote:
it has to do with AA quality standards, which are all over the damn board. don't get me wrong they make a very workable blank, but sizing and thickness are something they don't practice a standard.

I completely agree here, I've received numerous size smalls that are all different sizes...

And I can agree that thickness varies from shirt to shirt, but I haven't seen complaints on (example because you said it was thin) asphalt being see through. I always see complaints on the yellow, creme, and white shirts. The darker colors could be the same thickness as the lighter colors, but you don't need to wear an undershirt to keep the whole world from seeing your goods.

But maybe I just missed complaints about thin asphalt! With all the shirts I own (every color except brown) I only have see through issues on the light colors even if the thickness does vary between all of them - which is more what I meant originally. I see this with all clothes, not just t-shirts.

Let me know if your dark colors are see through though!

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

AWESOME!!!
I'm so glad I overnighted Jewelwing's ¡Sí, Turtles!! The hopes I had for this shirt were exceeded, which is not always the case here at woot. The water color effect is perfect, and the detail and halftoning is really superb.

JW, you were right- woot IS capable of killer halftones!

Click the pic for a super huge closeup.

This looks so great in person, it's really incredible. Congrats JW, and great print job woot!!!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Jestik wrote:AWESOME!!!
I'm so glad I overnighted Jewelwing's ¡Sí, Turtles!! The hopes I had for this shirt were exceeded, which is not always the case here at woot. The water color effect is perfect, and the detail and halftoning is really superb.

Click the pic for a super huge closeup.

This looks so great in person, it's really incredible. Congrats JW, and great print job woot!!!

Wait, you mean Woot IS capable of printing fine halftones! AMAZING, someone better go tell Mr Adder ;) (sarcasm)

This did turn out really nice, thanks for posting these pics, may have to get me one now

One thing I did notice is that there is some slight deviations between what Woot printed and the comp pic they have on the sales page. If you look at the two center turtles the actual shirt seems to be missing the darker blue contrails that the art shows them to have. Odd I wonder if they accidently left a layer off when doing the seps for film. Anyways, again great job Jewelwing you do awesome work!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

gettin' toasty turned out great.

I added some festive lights for atmosphere.

Can't wait to get my si turtles.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tjost wrote:Wait, you mean Woot IS capable of printing fine halftones! AMAZING, someone better go tell Mr Adder ;) (sarcasm)

This did turn out really nice, thanks for posting these pics, may have to get me one now

One thing I did notice is that there is some slight deviations between what Woot printed and the comp pic they have on the sales page. If you look at the two center turtles the actual shirt seems to be missing the darker blue contrails that the art shows them to have. Odd I wonder if they accidently left a layer off when doing the seps for film. Anyways, again great job Jewelwing you do awesome work!

Yay,thanks for posting these, Jestik! I was really curious as to how this guy would print since from the comp it appeared to have fine tones. This is lovely in person..or...in a photo of a person who has it in person.. :D I look forward to more shirts like this *_*.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

Got The Hills are Alive yesterday, it printed great.

manelgm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manelgm

Yay! Got my first woot shirt yesterday! Love it! :P

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

Now that you can't buy it, i present to you The Hungry Igloo from my phone:

it didn't come out that dark and the light blue + the white is really nicer than my pic

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen
KaylaJ wrote:Now that you can't buy it, i present to you The Hungry Igloo from my phone:

it didn't come out that dark and the light blue + the white is really nicer than my pic

Cool! Thanks for posting a pic Kayla. ^__^

Woot did a nice job printing this.

chennai8

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chennai8
Spiritgreen wrote:Cool! Thanks for posting a pic Kayla. ^__^

Woot did a nice job printing this.

I thought that design was printed on Royal blue. This pic looks like navy + asphalt

neyfam2000 wrote:Woot!--going from "Deal-a-day" to "Site-a-day"

ekio

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ekio

Just got my Ill-gotten Trinkets so I thought I'd show how it printed.

Which is awesome of course. ^_^
That image is a little darker than actual, but shows off the print better.
And heres my smiley mug.

which is to say this is as much of a smile as was caught with my trying to set the timer right and try to check the light before letting it snap my picture.

I didn't find the creme to be too thin. I was expecting the thinness I've gotten from some tee's I've picked up randomly....but I could wear this one sans shirt underneath and be fine.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

w00t! I had some time on my hands today, and I was able to dig out my camera and take a few quick shots of some shirts I recently received. Just want to say I shot all pics with the same shutter speed and f/stop, I did a small amount of quick post processing, added some sharpness to make up for the bad lighting, and corrected the brightness as well, since the yellowish lights here in my room make it hard to get the color right. Anyway, here they are, its been a while so bear with me.

Had to resize them to fit, back a year or so ago I could just upload, link up and it would automatically resize to fit, now if its too large for the forum it just cuts off the picture, so I just made them 50% smaller for now.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
thejakeyl88 wrote:w00t! I had some time on my hands today, and I was able to dig out my camera and take a few quick shots of some shirts I recently received. Just want to say I shot all pics with the same shutter speed and f/stop, I did a small amount of quick post processing, added some sharpness to make up for the bad lighting, and corrected the brightness as well, since the yellowish lights here in my room make it hard to get the color right. Anyway, here they are, its been a while so bear with me.

Great pics, ekio and thejakeyl88 - thanks! I was going to pic and post Ill-gotten Trinkets and War Pigs, but I see you two have beat me to it. I may still pic War Pigs, because the hatched detail on it is just da bomb, and it looks great on, too.
/edit - here it is; the creamy ink looks great on the warm brown:

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
Jestik wrote:AWESOME!!!

*snip*

I got this shirt too, and I have to agree, it came out beautifully. I got one for myself and another one for a friend of mine that I actually met when we were on a travel study trip in St. Croix, USVI. We were cleaning beaches for sea turtles while we were there, so she just loved the shirt and complimented the colors. It looks awesome in person

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester

Thought I'd share my company's Christmas video... since I'm sporting the ugly-Christmas-sweater-Tshirt. The shirt was a big hit at work that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwnr_2zg4Fk

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
skirochester wrote:Thought I'd share my company's Christmas video... since I'm sporting the ugly-Christmas-sweater-Tshirt. The shirt was a big hit at work that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwnr_2zg4Fk

Looks like a fun place to work.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Andy47240 wrote:Looks like a fun place to work.

yeah... at least it was fun that day. had a half day off to drink some beer and shoot the video

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

shirt.woot family! Sorry none of these are available anymore but we love them! My son wears Squeeze anytime it's clean in his drawer, (and sometimes dirty out of the hamper!)

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
scfrome wrote:shirt.woot family! Sorry none of these are available anymore but we love them! My son wears Squeeze anytime it's clean in his drawer, (and sometimes dirty out of the hamper!)

Awesome! That warms my heart.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
skirochester wrote:Thought I'd share my company's Christmas video... since I'm sporting the ugly-Christmas-sweater-Tshirt. The shirt was a big hit at work that day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwnr_2zg4Fk

Hehe, that's quite a video:D Was that all in one take? That takes some good coordination there!

mikewooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mikewooter

Cloak of Visibility (Medium)

Big version...

http://i.imgur.com/VzoCm.jpg

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

here's Hootenanny!

The depth of the design is excellent. I love that the closer you get to the shirt, the more detail there is. It's like you're actually going deeper into their forest...

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
chunkydesign wrote: You Are What You Eat by wotto

aw. cute! i wish i had had the money to get that one.

Andy47240

Bump... Need pics please.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Got my new T today. Came out great. My picture does not do it justice, but great work Bass and woot. In the danger zone now so I recommend you act quickly if you are interested in some awesome artsy stuff

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

The Henna shirt turned out unexpectedly great. I mean... better than I had even hoped. The halftones are awesome. You can't see them unless you have your face pressed against the design. And the colors are way more vibrant than in woot's images. Yay to fine printing!

Look! Look at those halftones you can barely see! (can you tell I'm pleased?)

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
BootsBoots wrote:The Henna shirt turned out unexpectedly great. I mean... better than I had even hoped. The halftones are awesome. You can't see them unless you have your face pressed against the design. And the colors are way more vibrant than in woot's images. Yay to fine printing!

Look! Look at those halftones you can barely see! (can you tell I'm pleased?)

That looks perfect! Terrific job Boots!

Also, how do people get orders so fast? My overnight orders take about a week and a half...

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
chumpmagic wrote:That looks perfect! Terrific job Boots!

Also, how do people get orders so fast? My overnight orders take about a week and a half...

Thanks! I feel better about using halftones in designs now. I don't know about the orders. My overnights usually don't come overnight, but they're always just a couple of days at the most. Maybe the Fed Ex guy has something against you.

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa

Got Gardening At Night yesterday. This shirt looks great, despite the bad lighting in my apartment:

Close Up #1:

Close Up #2:

bassanimation

chumpmagic wrote:Got my new T today. Came out great. My picture does not do it justice, but great work Bass and woot. In the danger zone now so I recommend you act quickly if you are interested in some awesome artsy stuff

Sweet, thanks for posting, Chump! I was really happy with how she printed. I messed up when creating the art, so I was really fearful of how it would turn out. They did well though, wooooh! Thanks for picking her up!

bassanimation

BootsBoots wrote:

Wow, that did turn out nice, Boots! Excellent! Glad to see the fine lines and colors printed nicely for you :D.

Andy47240

Great job with the artwork, but woot did a fantastic job printing too.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea
Andy47240 wrote:Great job with the artwork, but woot did a fantastic job printing too.

Wow, I'm shocked how well that turned out. Didn't really want the design but good to see that it's possible for a design that shiny to print well in the end.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Got Odd Bear Out today... my first kelly green - I really like the shirt color, too bad it's one of the less popular shirt color winners (as far as I remember anyway). For those interested...

bassanimation

jasneko wrote:Got Odd Bear Out today... my first kelly green - I really like the shirt color, too bad it's one of the less popular shirt color winners (as far as I remember anyway). For those interested...

Ahhhhh that turned out so cute, Jasneko! I love the kelly green tees!