Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
kevlar51 wrote:

I really think this turned out well--wanted to share with you guys

that's way bigger than i thought it would be. looks good!

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

I thought since Reading Rocket Ship is in the danger zone for tomorrow, I'd post a couple of photos. The design is fantastic - hopefully at the very least, this will inspire someone to buy it before it gets reckoned!

Flat:

On me:

(I got this in a 2XL because the design covers so much of the shirt, and it's baggy on me - definitely a bit bigger than either of the other 2XL woot shirts I have. Not sure if it's just a fluke or has to do with the shirt color or what.)

Slightly closer shot of the planets at the top of the design:

Nice job on those swirly planet colors, Qetza!

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

missmelis

quality posts: 20 Private Messages missmelis

While I was taking pictures of Reading Rocket Ship (see above), I thought I'd get a couple of the other two shirts I also received recently.

Haunted Housework:

This looks just as cute in person as it did in the mockup! The details are so great. I still lament the lack of glow-in-the-dark ink, but I might get some fabric paint and remedy that myself. This is definitely my new Halloween shirt.

In the Library with the Wrench:

I know it's a bit silly to post this one, as it's no longer available. It came out really well though - another terrific kevmazan collaboration! I don't love the brown shirt color, but it's perfect for this design. (This is not only my first brown woot shirt, but also my first non-gray one!)

The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability. - Edgar Allan Poe

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Just received Cephalopedala today and it looks great .... my shirt collection of animals on bicycles continues to grow. The color was a little washed out in the pictures off my camera, so I tried to adjust the color balance to match the color of the shirt. I think the first picture is the most accurate.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

For those interested, "The Hunt" arrived today. See the pics here

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ISO30 wrote:For those interested, "The Hunt" arrived today. See the pics here

Ohhh nice looking.

Did you get a women's shirt? They shrink the design for those (although I tend to be lucky in getting girl shirts with the guy print on them) I'd be interested in seeing how it printed at the smaller size.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
DianaSprinkle wrote:Ohhh nice looking.

Did you get a women's shirt? They shrink the design for those (although I tend to be lucky in getting girl shirts with the guy print on them) I'd be interested in seeing how it printed at the smaller size.

I was expecting it to be smaller as well, but the print is the same size on the the K10 I ordered- maybe they just burned one set of screens?

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 162 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
ISO30 wrote:I was expecting it to be smaller as well, but the print is the same size on the the K10 I ordered- maybe they just burned one set of screens?

Well, if you bought them the first day they do sometimes send out woman's and kid's shirt with the large print. It's listed on your shirt sales page as being smaller for them than the guy print so you probably got the lucky large print kids shirt.

I had to order another woman's shirt for my flying monkey shirt for the same reason (large print on the girl shirt I ordered). I tried some new halftone stuff and I really wanted to see how it looked on the smaller print. =/

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

rglee129's Lucky Park (sorry the third one is a little bit blurry):

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

Skeert Crow.

I have a shirt catalog, y'all!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

See? I told 'em it would print nicely.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart

Just got my copies of Global Thermonuclear War today! They look amazing! The print came out so crisp!

Hurry! There's still time to order it before they remove the side sale!

Leahbh

brockart wrote:Just got my copies of Global Thermonuclear War today! They look amazing! The print came out so crisp!

Hurry! There's still time to order it before they remove the side sale!

i thought this turned out great. I'm glad it printed. My shirt seemed a little thinner than usual and the hem on the bottom is a little messed up, but it's not a big deal.

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

Got this from the 11/14 random shirt purchase.

First Anniversery!

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

[repost from shirt's thread:]

This shirt printed beautifully. I received it this morning and wore it immediately. For females interested in the sizing conversion: I usually wear a WL and I purchased the long-sleeved t-shirt in a MS. The shirt is a little big; I'd say it fits more like a WXL. I will definitely have to shrink it in the dryer upon washing.

A couple of pictures follow--one of the fit, one of the detail. The detail image is most accurate as to colour.

Buy this shirt: it's gorgeous!!

mscrankypants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mscrankypants
goldenthorn wrote:[repost from shirt's thread:]

This shirt printed beautifully. I received it this morning and wore it immediately. For females interested in the sizing conversion: I usually wear a WL and I purchased the long-sleeved t-shirt in a MS. The shirt is a little big; I'd say it fits more like a WXL. I will definitely have to shrink it in the dryer upon washing.

A couple of pictures follow--one of the fit, one of the detail. The detail image is most accurate as to colour.

Buy this shirt: it's gorgeous!!

Hey, the shirt looks great! I'm even more excited for mine to come. It's the only good thing happening for me right now. Did you get the hoodie as well?
Thanks for the pics!

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

mscrankypants wrote:Hey, the shirt looks great! I'm even more excited for mine to come. It's the only good thing happening for me right now. Did you get the hoodie as well?
Thanks for the pics!

Thank you! The hoodie is theoretically arriving some time today, so I'll get photos up as soon as it gets here and on to me.

{{Edit, update: I posted my hoodie photos in the holiday sale thread.}}

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

Copy pasta from the holidya thread. Goofball pose...and a big thumbs up to my new fav hoodie!

Anyone tried dyeing shirts before? Does the silkscreen design get dyed also or just the fabric?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

"Caffeine Power Up" arrived today! I love the way it turned out. Thanks so much, woot! :D

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

check it out Run Away! Run Away!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Hey thanks for posting the awesome pictures holly2978. I'm going to post some pictures soon too (some GITD shots).

holly2978

quality posts: 1 Private Messages holly2978

[quote heostid="4783977" user="lucky1988"]Hey thanks for posting the awesome pictures holly2978. I'm going to post some pictures soon too (some GITD shots).[/quote]

no problem! we were at the Atlanta zoo and he is a ham! its his favorite woot shirt ever!

j5

My Solstice arrived today. It looks a bit different than I expected.

compared to

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

If you're thinking about taking a leap on "Jump For It," the colors are lovely.

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

I just got my "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing" thing that I made.

I thought I'd take a mysterious picture of me wearing my women's small shirt to show how the print is larger than it looks in the preview. I'm very happy with it that way

I also have a men's medium and I think the placement and size is a little different than on the interwebs, but it's mainly the small sizes that are super-different than shown online. The print quality is perfect for both sizes that I've seen, and I hope this makes people buy... I mean...shows how nice the shirt looks in person
*sorry my camera isn't the best >.<*

spacegirlag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacegirlag

how do you add a picture to a post?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
spacegirlag wrote:how do you add a picture to a post?

1. upload your pic to an image sharing site.
2. paste url of pic into post
3. surround url with [img] and [/img] tags. (i.e., [img] url of picture [/img])

for example, [img]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/792/missouri4vu.gif[/img] becomes

sunaness

quality posts: 19 Private Messages sunaness

And the image sharing website could be as simple as imgur or tinypic

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
no1 wrote:1. upload your pic to an image sharing site.
2. paste url of pic into post
3. surround url with [img] and [/img] tags. (i.e., [img] url of picture [/img])

for example, [img]http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/792/missouri4vu.gif[/img] becomes

OH GOD MY EYES!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

chiobio

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chiobio

Not precisely a picture, but here is a video of me wearing "Escape", which was one of the firsts I bought (three different on my second day, lol). Some people might get it in their random package... I just have to say it is beautiful.
http://youtu.be/L61FprF_uvc

(Excuse my voice and my greed, lol).

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Sissy Sea Fight turned out fabulously. If you [right click, view image] on the photos, you can see the shirt detail in all its many-pixelled glory.

The colours are a quite a bit warmer than the photo shows them to be--more aqua/turquoise/soft teal, just like in the design mock-up on the sale page. The photo has weak colour just because I had to give up on trying to get a well-coloured picture with proper lighting.

Because gods forbid that I attempt to put clean clothing down on a non-haired-up surface to take nice photos without any of my cats demanding to be part of the endeavour. After this photo he just sprawled himself right across the shirt and insouciantly stared at me. I MEAN REALLY NOW C'MON. Harrumph.

Anyway.

BUY THE SHIRT WHILE YOU STILL CAN; It is an absurd, fun, beautifully-coloured design, despite the seeming lightness of my photos above.

rogue8402

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rogue8402

Just received my Verona Apothecary Tote!

Tried to get a good photo, but couldn't get the colors to look right. The ink is a really nice medium greenish with a slight shine to it, looks great against the natural canvas.

shaelyn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shaelyn

I got in two shirts today :D the images are huge so I'll hyperlink.

Nyan's Dream:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/Shaelynescence/100_2269.jpg
close-up:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/Shaelynescence/100_2266.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised! I thought the half-tones would bother me, but it's really not very visible (as opposed to on my monitor where it's screaming dot crawl).

Superbotanical Study:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/Shaelynescence/100_2270.jpg

This one I was more looking forward to, and was a little disappointed. The creme colored shirt and the yellow in the design fight each other more than I was expecting. it's not terrible, but there were probably some better options.

my camera is making the yellow much more bold than it actually is...on both the wings and the shirt itself:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i135/Shaelynescence/100_2272.jpg

overall though, both shirts worth it.

I tend to choose the cut of the shirt based on design...for both of these, I just did men's shirt sizes. I wish I had gotten the Nyan shirt in a women's; I think it would have suited better.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
goldenthorn wrote:Sissy Sea Fight turned out fabulously. If you [right click, view image] on the photos, you can see the shirt detail in all its many-pixelled glory.

I've got that one too. It was designed and printed beautifully.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
shaelyn wrote:I got in two shirts today :D the images are huge so I'll hyperlink.

Nyan's Dream:

You can resize the image. Put img=wxh in the first tag. Get the properties of the shirt, and then divide both in half/thirds.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Leahbh

no one posts here anymore

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I received Pirate (space)Ship today. It's beautiful, though surprisingly somewhat of a small print on the WXL. I know women's shirts get smaller prints, but I can't say that I've ever before noticed the difference between sale-page mockup and the printed shirt like I do here. It's not much of a criticism, though, since the design itself is still great. It's just not as large and like-three-wolf-moon-type-shirts-but-actually-cool as I expected it to be. Hells, I even ordered a size up because I like my large design print shirts to be a tad oversized so that the design drapes nicely over the chest. Sigh. Wait, I sound like I'm unhappy with the shirt--I'm not! It's a really cool shirt and I am happy that I purchased it! I think I may wear it on my next outing to the Planetarium, even. Well... maybe not. That'd be a little on the nose. So I'll just wear it normally. But proudly! Because it's a great, dreamy, romantic design. Oh, shut up, goldenthorn.

j5

goldenthorn wrote:(p)hissy rant

I guess the print shop hasn't adapted to the new women's tentware yet.

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

j5 wrote:I guess the print shop hasn't adapted to the new women's tentware yet.

Heh, naw. I don't think that's it. This one was still on AA, which is why I bought it. But see? The size of the design makes the shirt look a lot bigger than it is, right? It's the kind of art that demands a lot of space. Kinda odd. Heh, I do know the problem of design-size perception is on me and my expectations, though, and not on woot's print team. I think. Right? Tell me I'm... wait, I'm not sure which is right and which is wrong in this shirt opinion brainspace of mine. Arrrrrrghhh. Damn it, I've got a VI to kill and a universe to save from Reapers. I don't have time for this ish!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
goldenthorn wrote:I received Pirate (space)Ship today. It's beautiful, though surprisingly somewhat of a small print on the WXL. I know women's shirts get smaller prints, but I can't say that I've ever before noticed the difference between sale-page mockup and the printed shirt like I do here. It's not much of a criticism, though, since the design itself is still great. It's just not as large and like-three-wolf-moon-type-shirts-but-actually-cool as I expected it to be. Hells, I even ordered a size up because I like my large design print shirts to be a tad oversized so that the design drapes nicely over the chest. Sigh. Wait, I sound like I'm unhappy with the shirt--I'm not! It's a really cool shirt and I am happy that I purchased it! I think I may wear it on my next outing to the Planetarium, even. Well... maybe not. That'd be a little on the nose. So I'll just wear it normally. But proudly! Because it's a great, dreamy, romantic design. Oh, shut up, goldenthorn.

i advise decaf.