gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07

Hey guys, a couple more shirts in today so here they are!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

gambit07 wrote:
Game Time Picture

Game Time looks fantastic in person. I wore it yesterday and loved it so much I ended up wearing it again today. It's Saturday, so who cares.

Great work, Jeff Sheldon! I hope it stays on sale for a quite a while.

ruby2uesday

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruby2uesday
mia3mom wrote:Hi, my daughter pictured in the Oh Burned!!! pic is 10, and also in 10-12 kids clothes (she's 4'10" if that helps). WM fits well on her, with some room to grow. She can wear WS, but I want her to be able to wear it for more than 1 summer WS is a dress on my petite 5yo, and my 8yo can wear a WS or a baggy WM. They aren't girlie shaped at all, but the sleeves are shorter than the men's sizes. Which makes it work a lot better for kids!

As a bonus, besides the great designs, the bright orange of Oh Burned!!! and Cake is a Liar makes the kids easier to see as they are climbing on the rocks in the background of the pic ;) I highly recommend getting both.

Thanks so much! i just got my first woot shirt (Hungry Bento) and i agree, the Wsizes aren't to girlie!! So i think i'll get him a Wm so that way it can get washed AND dried and then shrink up and fit just right! he LOVES orange so he'll dig that shirt! Thanks for replying!!!

suzyottomatic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suzyottomatic
cp005e wrote:I just got Branch Manager today - my 2nd ever shirt.woot (and this is my first post since I saw no one else had posted a pic yet). I was a bit worried because of the cream and the placement, but I think it looks really nice. There is a big blank spot on my chest, but I like to wear pendants. And I guess I'm tan right now, because I think the cream looks fine. woo-hoo!

Sorry for the really dirty mirror shot, I just thought some people might want to see where the image sits while being worn.

Wow, your placement looks perfect. That's what I was expecting when I ordered. Mine is almost perfect mid-belly. I know it's silly but I probably won't be wearing this one. The print itself is beautiful!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
suzyottomatic wrote:Wow, your placement looks perfect. That's what I was expecting when I ordered. Mine is almost perfect mid-belly. I know it's silly but I probably won't be wearing this one. The print itself is beautiful!

If your placement is actually off, you should take a photo and send it to woot. It may be a misprint, in which case they'd probably send you a replacement.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
suzyottomatic wrote:Wow, your placement looks perfect. That's what I was expecting when I ordered. Mine is almost perfect mid-belly. I know it's silly but I probably won't be wearing this one. The print itself is beautiful!

I would let woot know. I got a shirt that was chest placement but the print was off by about two inches from center and it drove me crazy the first time I wore it. So I let woot know and they sent me a new one.

cp005e

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cp005e

And Branch Manager has been reckoned down today... last chance!

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

So in my randoms, I was blessed with not only shirts I didn't really want (x2!), but also a duplicate of one I already had.

The interesting thing? It's printed differently.

It seems my original (on the left, the Mens Small) may have either been a misprint or Woot decided to darken up the greys to become black, as the Womens Large on the right is the one I just got several months later (today).

The original picture I took was unwashed, and the mens small shown here has been maybe washed once or twice (I realized that I was not fond of heather grey). So yeah, weird. And another picture of Zombie Season for those who are interested.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho

That's pretty interesting about the darker Zombie Season print so thanks for sharing KittyPryde. My print looks just like yours on the left. I like both versions though. If I received the darker version as my random, I'd probably keep it.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde
Silverpsycho wrote:That's pretty interesting about the darker Zombie Season print so thanks for sharing KittyPryde. My print looks just like yours on the left. I like both versions though. If I received the darker version as my random, I'd probably keep it.

Yeah, out of all my randoms I'll probably keep the second Zombie Season, because it is different (Ladies size) and darker than the first.

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ

following the gambit school of photography i decided to snap some shots. maybe this will help some people who feel a bit busty and want to see the shirts on a human

one eyed finkster WXL

pumkin & ghost MM

zombie garden, fresh out of bag

my birthday shirt, lightning bugs, does not glow in the dark, wxl

2-d, i think its a WL

angry day, ms

bats, WM

springatron, wxl

i can has a dreidel? ms. most of my other shirts did a bit of shrinking, but this one? majorly! its pretty tight now so i'm having to stretch it out

sputnik, wm, and with a hole

sleeping problems, cannot tell you how many times i wore this shirt. its a wxl and its now probably like wxxl since i used it to sleep in/toss & turn

hot wings! wl, like i need to bring in more attention to my chest

panthera, fresh out of the bag. i think i like it, but i'm so not sure.

needless to say,i'm not sure if i've gotten the right size down yet or not. i love how the wxl comes right out of the bag and some do keep their shape more than others, but like i said about ms i can has a dreidel, that one took me for a shock

finally, sorry for the 70s wallpaper, the image heavy post, the bad camera shots (obviously the flash would strike the mirror), my chest, and to adder who has to add up more links

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

And for those of you who just want to see an image of the shirt and don't care about seeing how it fits on a person, here is Wiley modeling Teen Sasquatch. This one is actually pretty cute. WhenI ordered it, I was afraid I would either love it or hate it. I love it.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-09-10

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Hey Suzy- If you don't wear it, you could always make a pillow out of it. The design would probably make a gorgeous pillow.

I wonder if the sizes printed different as far as placement. I remember when my DaVinci "Taking Flight" design printed awhile ago, someone mentioned that theirs printed center and much higher than what most people received.

Could have been a misprint. Did you try contacting anyone at woot?

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard

I know its kind of old but heres a picture of The Rustic.

mer

KaylaJ

jesusbeard wrote:I know its kind of old but heres a picture of The Rustic.

yeah, i'm gonna need a story on that pic or at least know which bar you frequent where the bouncers will nicley carry you out

jesusbeard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jesusbeard
KaylaJ wrote:yeah, i'm gonna need a story on that pic or at least know which bar you frequent where the bouncers will nicley carry you out

*giggles* it was a going away party for a friend. It's a bar in Tampa and thats not a bouncer just my friend Jeremy don't remember why he was picking me up.

mer

Toyfare

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare

Such an appropriate username. Jesusbeard. llo.

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
Toyfare wrote:Such an appropriate username. Jesusbeard. llo.

So that's you, Mr. Beard? Good to have a face with the name. :D I agree.... appropriate name.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

KaylaJ

with a name like jesus beard, no wonder his friend is carrying him!

Snake201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201

A lot of pretty girls here

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Snake201 wrote:A lot of pretty girls here

and Jesusbeard is the prettiest? ;)

AGrant311

2thFairy wrote:and Jesusbeard is the prettiest? ;)

Maybe he's talking about my doggie models, Hillary and Wiley. Hillary is a very pretty girl.

AGrant311

Here's The Other Thing With Feathers. This is one of the shirts that's just kind of haunting and beautiful, all rolled up in one. I think I'll wear it tomorrow. Wiley is so patient, having to deal with me positioning him with the shirts.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-09-12

AGrant311

"I [Wear] Shirts." Cute, a bit silly, and almost an inside joke for those of us with Woot shirt addictions. This was supposed to just be modeled by the Yorkster, Hillary. Wiley jumped up. Then they both got tired (or annoyed) for the second picture. Maybe they just don't like this shirt.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
AGrant311 wrote:Here's The Other Thing With Feathers. This is one of the shirts that's just kind of haunting and beautiful, all rolled up in one. I think I'll wear it tomorrow. Wiley is so patient, having to deal with me positioning him with the shirts.

That looks a lot lighter then I thought it would be. I figured it be dark and brownish.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Wonderbunny wrote:That looks a lot lighter then I thought it would be. I figured it be dark and brownish.

I agree. I think the image provided on Woot looked much better with the darker tone.
Still a cool image but didn't turn out how I expected.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

I'm not seeing a Perpetual Emotion on your list, so I thought I'd post mine. It's a bit blurry though. :/ I'm not super fond of how the left 'ball' wraps around my chest making it seem like an odd shirt, but I guess that's what happens with it being a mans shirt size and the design gets printed bigger.

MM:

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
AGrant311 wrote:Here's The Other Thing With Feathers. This is one of the shirts that's just kind of haunting and beautiful, all rolled up in one. I think I'll wear it tomorrow. Wiley is so patient, having to deal with me positioning him with the shirts.

Still not totally sold on this one, especially with the much lighter palette. anyone have an on-person shot to give a better idea of placement?

AGrant311

Here is it on me. I don't like doing the picture on myself. Using the dogs is easier. The placement, though, I think is okay. I wore it today and got a "cool shirt" compliment on it at the gas station.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-09-13

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I must say I was sold on the shirt when I noticed how dark it would be on black. Now that I see it light, I'm not too happy about it. Looks nothing like the design did, color wise.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

thejakeyl88

Here is Wild Turkeys Rule and The Cycle of Life.

The green is much brighter, I couldn't get the green right, with the lighting I had in my room, but I was lazy and its night time now.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Silverpsycho wrote:I agree. I think the image provided on Woot looked much better with the darker tone.
Still a cool image but didn't turn out how I expected.

Haven't got mine yet, but yes, I'm sorely disappointed. I was expecting much darker ink - more of a deep golden brown on the black, instead of cream. I still like the artwork quite a bit, but can't help but feel rather put out that the shirt does not look like what was advertised.

Some people have mentioned woot issuing refunds in the case of misprints - any chance of that being an option here?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Does anyone have any photos of a recently purchased Say No to Scurvy? I'm looking at the photos linked in the first post and they look far bluer (and closer to the pre-update template colour) than the kelly green shirt I recently received (which matches the new template colour). I'm wondering if the AA kelly green shirt colour changed, if the photos are misleading or what...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

KaylaJ

thejakeyl88 wrote:Here is Wild Turkeys Rule and The Cycle of Life.

[/IMG]

i LOVE how the cast came out. chalk another shirt up on my list that i kick myself for not getting it

also re: on the thing with feathers, when i first saw it i thought it looked like something edward gorey would do, but seeing it so light now, it just looks eh. that's why i wish woot could show us an already done shirt so we could really see the print before hand

thejakeyl88

KaylaJ wrote:i LOVE how the cast came out. chalk another shirt up on my list that i kick myself for not getting it

also re: on the thing with feathers, when i first saw it i thought it looked like something edward gorey would do, but seeing it so light now, it just looks eh. that's why i wish woot could show us an already done shirt so we could really see the print before hand

Exactly, that would be so much better for us. So far most shirts have turned out better than expected, but I'm disappointed in how light the shirt came out, I really like the dark brown on black, but the lightness of it just makes it look bad.

WILD Turkeys RULE on the other hand exceeded expectations, the placement is perfect and when you wear it the top of the bone goes right up my shoulder and its just awesome. I knew when I bought it I would either hate it or love it, and I certainly love it.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

I'd purchased a couple oversized shirts from a friend in hopes of either getting some cheap shirts, or else trading for something I'd want. I took photos to aid in their trade, and thought I'd post 'em here. They're all things we've already seen, but here they are again:

The Tycoon of ICE, in XL and still very much available for trade as of this posting

Camisa de los Muertos, currently reserved:

Delicious, which at the moment I believe I am keeping, as it is much cooler than I anticipated:

I also decided to throw my unposted randoms on a dressmaker's dummy. The results are below:

...Except in a Real Race, which I thankfully got rid of ASAP... still shocked this ever printed:

Out of Office Reply, which I am hoping entices more people in person than on a woot template (XL, very willing to trade)

butonbandit11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butonbandit11

I got my shirt today and I love it, it's my first woot and it fits great. I'm glad I got it before this next derby, I wasn't sure on the size, but now I can purchase with the utmost in confidence!

Look how nice!

love the street art feel

placement

Snake201

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201
butonbandit11 wrote:I got my shirt today and I love it, it's my first woot and it fits great. I'm glad I got it before this next derby, I wasn't sure on the size, but now I can purchase with the utmost in confidence!

Look how nice!

love the street art feel

placement

very nice im still waiting on mine

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

pitcutres seem to hate me tonight. gah. i might try again later.