+ Add a Comment

trekmiss


quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Got my Liquid Hibiscus shirt today. These aren't the greatest pics, but I wanted to put them here, because I think the shirt is beautiful. So glad I got it.


Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

My first attempt at posting pics, please bear with me. I got Season of Change yesterday. Wow. Glad I bought two, and glad I paid for overnight.




Very fine shirt, dsladeck !!!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Wow! Season of Change printed beautifully. I didn't overnight mine...so it'll be awhile until I see it in person.

Liquid Hibiscus printed great too. The colors really pop on the asphalt tee. DId it print higher on the shirt too? Looks like it in the photo.



thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I FINALLY GOT URBAN PAINTER IN TODAY, ONLY TOOK 18 DAYS TO GET HERE. NEW RECORD IN SLOWEST SHIRT! I've gotten all the shirts I ordered days after Urban Painter. Even shirts I ordered a WEEK after I still have got already. Gar, my favorite shirt on woot EVER took 18 days to get here, just to spite me! PICS soon!

I know they've been posted already but this is my favorite shirt so I have to.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

schwesig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schwesig

Spreading the WootShirts all over the world.

I think I don't have to say anything about the quality... was and is always awesome.
BUT, I would like to show, how WootShirts look in different countries. In fact that I am in Germany, and in fact that my hometown is a little boring and in fact that I am in Munich right now and in fact that I am using to many in facts and not coming to an end...
here are my WootShirt experiences on the Oktoberfest in Munich. Just was there on Tuesday (guess what shirt I was wearing then, and yesterday (Wednesday) night.







BTW: I also was guest in a German TV Show Game Show and was wearing the Fat Unicorn Tee AND was sitting in the first row... So hopefully, you can see this on TV with me and Brigitte Nielsen.
Funny comment: The mascot of this TV Production Company is a unicorn, I was afraid they wouldn't let me in... but they did and rly LOVED that shirt.
(The show will be broadcasted on Dec 6., I hope I can get a picture from that.

2thFairy


quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
schwesig wrote:
lots of stuff



Way way cool!!!!

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
schwesig wrote:Spreading the WootShirts all over the world.

I think I don't have to say anything about the quality... was and is always awesome.
BUT, I would like to show, how WootShirts look in different countries. In fact that I am in Germany, and in fact that my hometown is a little boring and in fact that I am in Munich right now and in fact that I am using to many in facts and not coming to an end...
here are my WootShirt experiences on the Oktoberfest in Munich. Just was there on Tuesday (guess what shirt I was wearing then, and yesterday (Wednesday) night.

*pics snipped*

BTW: I also was guest in a German TV Show Game Show and was wearing the Fat Unicorn Tee AND was sitting in the first row... So hopefully, you can see this on TV with me and Brigitte Nielsen.
Funny comment: The mascot of this TV Production Company is a unicorn, I was afraid they wouldn't let me in... but they did and rly LOVED that shirt.
(The show will be broadcasted on Dec 6., I hope I can get a picture from that.



Hey, that's a handsome guy in some cool shirts! Thanks for spreading the Woot love overseas!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
schwesig wrote:Spreading the WootShirts all over the world.

I think I don't have to say anything about the quality... was and is always awesome.
BUT, I would like to show, how WootShirts look in different countries. In fact that I am in Germany, and in fact that my hometown is a little boring and in fact that I am in Munich right now and in fact that I am using to many in facts and not coming to an end...
here are my WootShirt experiences on the Oktoberfest in Munich. Just was there on Tuesday (guess what shirt I was wearing then, and yesterday (Wednesday) night.







BTW: I also was guest in a German TV Show Game Show and was wearing the Fat Unicorn Tee AND was sitting in the first row... So hopefully, you can see this on TV with me and Brigitte Nielsen.
Funny comment: The mascot of this TV Production Company is a unicorn, I was afraid they wouldn't let me in... but they did and rly LOVED that shirt.
(The show will be broadcasted on Dec 6., I hope I can get a picture from that.



Thank you for posting those pictures. Beautiful. I was fortunate enough to visit Germany for 3 weeks about 7 years ago when I was 17 almost 18 years old, and it was one of the best traveling experiences, if not the best experience of my life.

What I would give to be there right now.

Anyways great shirts in a great place. As for the Fat Unicorn, that is AWESOME. That is hilarious about the game show, and that they loved the shirt. But when I think about it, who wouldn't, even if their mascot was a unicorn. Its just such a good design people have to laugh. Seems like your having a great time celebrating Oktoberfest. I just finished a Spaten Oktoberfest. I picked up a few cases here. Got to love the real German beers. I miss them tremendously.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

butonbandit11


quality posts: 0 Private Messages butonbandit11

Got this guy today, very cute



Snake201


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Snake201



A night out with some friends with my new Urban Painter(M2XL)

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

ajshackelford


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajshackelford

i write articles for a little local magazine in arkansas. we do business by email and snail mail, so the one time that i ever went into the office (to pick up some back issues or something), they sat me down and snapped a picture of me, "in case they ever needed it."

so today i happen across the magazine's website, and there's one of my articles, along with a picture of me in my Plan B shirt!



click the (rather dorky) pic to go to the site and read the article, if you're interested.

my loved ones tell me i need to break my wooting habit. i tell them i can quit whenever i want.

and i can!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

A trade and a buy;

First the underappreciated Decibliterated:


And then the not racist at all Chief Many Feathers. It printed a lot bigger than I expected, but looks striking and amazing. Give it a little love this weekend by clicking the pic, as it will be its last:

GoldBerry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
AdderXYU wrote:A trade and a buy;

First the underappreciated Decibliterated:

And then the not racist at all Chief Many Feathers. It printed a lot bigger than I expected, but looks striking and amazing. Give it a little love this weekend by clicking the pic, as it will be its last:



I like Decibliterated though I don't think it's something I would wear, it is nice.

And, Chief Many Feathers looks great, regardless of the controversy that it brought up it really is a beautiful print. I couldn't pull it off, but over all it's quite gorgeous.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

I know this has already been posted, but I took a picture of it anyways because its one of my favorites and the colors are pretty beautiful. The whole design itself was wonderfully done.



And this one was already post as well, but it too is just too cool for me not to post a pic of. Since its already been posted to show how it looks being worn or in relation to the shirt, I just decided to take both pictures of the design only.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Well, eHalycon wanted to see Stop Motion with the dogs. Here are Hillary and Wiley and their stuffed friend with Stop Motion and Robo City. I think Robo City looks really cute, cheerful, bright, etc. I know a lot of people thought it looked childish or Christmasy. Oh well. I liked it.



By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-09-27

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

*giggles*, look at his cute little face ;)

Oh wait theres shirts in the pictures? Hehe...

I actually am starting to like the green/pink color combo but the design I still do not care for on the robo city. Well its a cool design but its just not me. Great pic!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

Here's a better one of Robo City without Wiley sitting on it. Just Hillary trying to look cute and innocent. The design here is really neat, but I still haven't put my little paper robots together that were on the site when this shirt was for sale.


By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-09-27

iSamurai


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iSamurai
butonbandit11 wrote:Got this guy today, very cute





Possibly my favorite shirt.woot. Turned out a bit weird IMO...the bright green on the evergreen looks a little awkward on this olive shirt..not a huge gripe though and still one of my favorite shirts.

koopadaisy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy
AGrant311 wrote:Here's a better one of Robo City without Wiley sitting on it. Just Hillary trying to look cute and innocent. The design here is really neat, but I still haven't put my little paper robots together that were on the site when this shirt was for sale.



I was one that didn't like Robo City at all when it was first up, but seeing it printed, I actually like it better now. Hmmm.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
iSamurai wrote:Possibly my favorite shirt.woot. Turned out a bit weird IMO...the bright green on the evergreen looks a little awkward on this olive shirt..not a huge gripe though and still one of my favorite shirts.



I have to say thats the reason why I am not buying the Rain Man shirt. Seeing how bright the pine tree came out, I just have a feeling the white part of the man on the Rain Man shirt will be just like that.

The pine tree being so bright definitely looks awful on the shirt and I really think it hurts the design big time, but that's just my opinion.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

klswoot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Wow! Jimi's zombie shirt printed great...and I HATE zombie shirts. But that one looks great. I didn't buy Blamm's 'Autumn embarrassment' shirt, but I absolutely love it. That'll be my next one for sure!

KaylaJ


quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
ajshackelford wrote:i write articles for a little local magazine in arkansas. we do business by email and snail mail, so the one time that i ever went into the office (to pick up some back issues or something), they sat me down and snapped a picture of me, "in case they ever needed it."

so today i happen across the magazine's website, and there's one of my articles, along with a picture of me in my Plan B shirt!





click the (rather dorky) pic to go to the site and read the article, if you're interested.



if i ever make it back to arkansas to see my relatives i'll be sure to wear my woot shirts!

yemicculus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages yemicculus

Got my Robo City shirt the other day. Snapped a quick photo today.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

This is making me mad, my credit union merged a week ago, and they really messed up my account, debit cards ect. I've been without access to my account for over a week now, and I'm so damn irritated. They said it would be fixed by Friday, and of course, NOTHING. My debit card/pin doesn't work, I cannot access my account online, and of course paypal doesn't link up to my account. I haven't been able to buy any shirts, and I REALLY WANT SAY NO TO SCURVY. Tried to buy it last night and of course it rejected my paypal payment and debit card. IF IT GETS RECKONED I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.

P.S. Is there anyone out there with an extra 15.00 and some trust? I really don't want to take the chance on losing out on this shirt, and will pay the person back + 5.00 extra dollars if someone is willing to order the shirt for me or can send me the money to buy it to my paypal account. I know its a big stretch to ask this but since I'm ALWAYS here everyday and have many references on my eBay account, hopefully someone can trust me.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for the help, because of the AWESOME woot community here, I am going to be able to order SCURVY tonight! This community rocks, and I think we have some of the most caring and nice members here. A big woot for everyone!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

bluchez


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
thejakeyl88 wrote:This is making me mad, my credit union merged a week ago, and they really messed up my account, debit cards ect. I've been without access to my account for over a week now, and I'm so damn irritated. They said it would be fixed by Friday, and of course, NOTHING. My debit card/pin doesn't work, I cannot access my account online, and of course paypal doesn't link up to my account. I haven't been able to buy any shirts, and I REALLY WANT SAY NO TO SCURVY. Tried to buy it last night and of course it rejected my paypal payment and debit card. IF IT GETS RECKONED I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.

P.S. Is there anyone out there with an extra 15.00 and some trust? I really don't want to take the chance on losing out on this shirt, and will pay the person back + 5.00 extra dollars if someone is willing to order the shirt for me or can send me the money to buy it to my paypal account. I know its a big stretch to ask this but since I'm ALWAYS here everyday and have many references on my eBay account, hopefully someone can trust me



pm me your address.

Silverpsycho


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
Jestik wrote:My first attempt at posting pics, please bear with me. I got Season of Change yesterday. Wow. Glad I bought two, and glad I paid for overnight.




Very fine shirt, dsladeck !!!


I just received my Season of Change today and even though I LOVE dsladeck's design, I am pretty disappointed with how it printed. The brown cannot be seen and many parts of the shirt appear faded. I thought mine was less brilliant in color but when I took pictures, they pretty much turned out the same way as these photos, so it's kind of misleading.

So while I am a big fan of the design, I'm not thrilled with how it turned out on the shirt.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
Silverpsycho wrote:I just received my Season of Change today and even though I LOVE dsladeck's design, I am pretty disappointed with how it printed. The brown cannot be seen and many parts of the shirt appear faded. I thought mine was less brilliant in color but when I took pictures, they pretty much turned out the same way as these photos, so it's kind of misleading.

So while I am a big fan of the design, I'm not thrilled with how it turned out on the shirt.




THANKS FOR BURSTING MY BUBBLE! ;)

I REALLY had high hopes for this one, as it has been the ONLY shirt I've seen on day 1 of the derby entries that I immediately fell in love with and absolutely NEEDED IT. I'm really, really disappointed to hear that it didn't print well. Mine will be in, in 2 days time, and now I have absolutely no excitement towards receiving this delivery. GREAT. Nothing too look forward to in my life for the rest of the week now.

Hopefully mine magically prints better than what everyone else got ;)

I bet the flash is what brought out the brown in the pictures as well, it tends to really change what the shirts look like. Thats why I use a bounce flash or no flash and higher ISO when taking pics of these shirts. Its easier to get an accurate shot of the colors that way, in terms of brightness, ect.


If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

bhobby50000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhobby50000

"You got burned" was a hit at this show. Even the phalic LiteBrite pales in creative comparison

ansharp


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
bhobby50000 wrote:"You got burned" was a hit at this show. Even the phalic LiteBrite pales in creative comparison



WOW, hahahahahahaha. LiteBrites rock!

AGrant311


quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Silverpsycho wrote:I just received my Season of Change today and even though I LOVE dsladeck's design, I am pretty disappointed with how it printed. The brown cannot be seen and many parts of the shirt appear faded. I thought mine was less brilliant in color but when I took pictures, they pretty much turned out the same way as these photos, so it's kind of misleading.

So while I am a big fan of the design, I'm not thrilled with how it turned out on the shirt.



I'll second that emotion on the disappointment. I really wish this had been brighter, and when I took mine out of the package, I had to do a doubletake to make sure the brown was even there. I didn't even take a picture of it to post when I got it because it didn't thrill me.

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom

Anyone tried bleaching dsladek's shirt yet? I'm always a little leery of the brown shirts (having been around for the whole cool breeze discussion) and I know there were some experiments in dyeing the brown shirts, however I don't recall the exact method or what color they came out. I know dyeing the asphault shirts turns them into a nice medium brown cocoa color.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
AttilaTheMom wrote:Anyone tried bleaching dsladek's shirt yet? I'm always a little leery of the brown shirts (having been around for the whole cool breeze discussion) and I know there were some experiments in dyeing the brown shirts, however I don't recall the exact method or what color they came out. I know dyeing the asphault shirts turns them into a nice medium brown cocoa color.



I'm curious, and I might buy a second shirt thats asphalt just to experiment with this. The color you are saying it comes out as sounds real nice. I wouldn't mind a few shirts like that.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Silverpsycho


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
AttilaTheMom wrote:Anyone tried bleaching dsladek's shirt yet? I'm always a little leery of the brown shirts (having been around for the whole cool breeze discussion) and I know there were some experiments in dyeing the brown shirts, however I don't recall the exact method or what color they came out. I know dyeing the asphault shirts turns them into a nice medium brown cocoa color.


I was totally thinking of trying this method but I have zero clue as to how to go about doing this process. However if someone out there has a sure fire way to lighten the shirt without damaging the design or having the shirt come out blotchy, I'd love to know.

Plus I'm sorry I dashed your hopes thejakeyl88. You have no idea how psyched I was about this shirt myself. I don't plan on getting rid of it, but just maybe enhancing it trying out the bleaching method.

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

AttilaTheMom


quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Silverpsycho wrote:I was totally thinking of trying this method but I have zero clue as to how to go about doing this process. However if someone out there has a sure fire way to lighten the shirt without damaging the design or having the shirt come out blotchy, I'd love to know.

Plus I'm sorry I dashed your hopes thejakeyl88. You have no idea how psyched I was about this shirt myself. I don't plan on getting rid of it, but just maybe enhancing it trying out the bleaching method.



https://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1556343&PageIndex=10&ReplyCount=527#post1586585 here's a link from the cool breeze thread. I would try wash on warm, small load, 1/4 to 1/2 cup of bleach. Add the bleach first and let the water fill and agitate a min before adding the shirt. Use small amt detergetn if you want. Run the whole cycle. Hang dry if you are worried about shrinkage, or tumble dry on low. (High heat really shrinks these shirts). Good luck guys. Read through the cool breeze thread if you want more ideas.

But if you are really unhappy with how it looks you can email service@woot. They should be used to this printing issue by now. Part of the problem is that the brown of the shirt is darker (I think) than the brown they use in the shirt comp and can be misleading to designers who haven't seen that color in person before. Generally, black on the brown or navy is never going to show up well without some sort of highlight. And brown on brown is going to be hard to see too.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

kdashy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdashy
thejakeyl88 wrote:THANKS FOR BURSTING MY BUBBLE! ;)

I REALLY had high hopes for this one, as it has been the ONLY shirt I've seen on day 1 of the derby entries that I immediately fell in love with and absolutely NEEDED IT. I'm really, really disappointed to hear that it didn't print well. Mine will be in, in 2 days time, and now I have absolutely no excitement towards receiving this delivery. GREAT. Nothing too look forward to in my life for the rest of the week now.

Hopefully mine magically prints better than what everyone else got ;)

I bet the flash is what brought out the brown in the pictures as well, it tends to really change what the shirts look like. Thats why I use a bounce flash or no flash and higher ISO when taking pics of these shirts. Its easier to get an accurate shot of the colors that way, in terms of brightness, ect.



I dunno I got mine and I really liked it, the brown in the backround is very subtle and can be seen better in natural light, like in sunlight. Im not exactly sure what parts look faded but mine is just as good as I expected.

A better exposed pic:

Jestik


quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
thejakeyl88 wrote:THANKS FOR BURSTING MY BUBBLE! ;)

I REALLY had high hopes for this one, as it has been the ONLY shirt I've seen on day 1 of the derby entries that I immediately fell in love with and absolutely NEEDED IT. I'm really, really disappointed to hear that it didn't print well. Mine will be in, in 2 days time, and now I have absolutely no excitement towards receiving this delivery. GREAT. Nothing too look forward to in my life for the rest of the week now.

Hopefully mine magically prints better than what everyone else got ;)

I bet the flash is what brought out the brown in the pictures as well, it tends to really change what the shirts look like. Thats why I use a bounce flash or no flash and higher ISO when taking pics of these shirts. Its easier to get an accurate shot of the colors that way, in terms of brightness, ect.



Hold out hope, Jakey!
As I posted earlier, I love my shirt(s), and glad I got two. I got several comments on the days I've worn it. As it's fall now, I've worn it a lot, and the colors are as I expected them to be.
I hope your shirts look as good as mine. I'm very satisfied with this shirt!

bhobby50000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhobby50000

World Grenade
it makes me feel tough(even though I'm not really very tough at all)

thejakeyl88


quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
bhobby50000 wrote:World Grenade
it makes me feel tough(even though I'm not really very tough at all)



I'm always forgetting how large the print is, I thought it would be much smaller. The thing is, I dont like the looks of having a huge golden round thing like that, that high up on the shirt. Odd placement in my opinion. Is it really that high up or just looks it?


EDIT: "The Season of Change" will be arriving tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope I like it. I will be going right outback of my house with it tomorrow to take some nice shots of it and I'll try to get as accurate color representation as possible with the best lighting. I won't use a flash, just natural sunlight for people who want to see how it will look outside. Hopefully they yellow sunlight will bring out the brown better. HOPEFULLY.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

Toyfare


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Toyfare



Separated at birth?

bhobby50000


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhobby50000

[quote postid="2619573" user="thejakeyl88"]I'm always forgetting how large the print is, I thought it would be much smaller. The thing is, I dont like the looks of having a huge golden round thing like that, that high up on the shirt. Odd placement in my opinion. Is it really that high up or just looks it?


Yea its that high. I like that the graphics are so large. I'm making a statment here. Plus I'm a big dude (the shirt is 3x) so everything is to scale.