+ Add a Comment

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

Since I just got UpgraDead today and there wasn't a womens shirt posted I thought I'd add mine for anyone who still is thinking about grabbing one. (Please excuse the clarity, I was a little far from the camera, but I figured it'd still be fine for size comparison.) I <3 this shirt!!

WXL (This one is a bit more snug than my others, excluding the lemon)

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
thejakeyl88 wrote:Thank you for posting those pictures. Beautiful. I was fortunate enough to visit Germany for 3 weeks about 7 years ago when I was 17 almost 18 years old, and it was one of the best traveling experiences, if not the best experience of my life.

What I would give to be there right now.

Anyways great shirts in a great place. As for the Fat Unicorn, that is AWESOME. That is hilarious about the game show, and that they loved the shirt. But when I think about it, who wouldn't, even if their mascot was a unicorn. Its just such a good design people have to laugh. Seems like your having a great time celebrating Oktoberfest. I just finished a Spaten Oktoberfest. I picked up a few cases here. Got to love the real German beers. I miss them tremendously.

Thanks for the kind words, Jake! And thanks, schwesig, for representing Fat Unicorn and all of Euro-woot! If you get a pic or clip of Fat Unicorn on a German game show with Brigitte Nielsen, PLEASE post it. I would print it out and frame it over my mantle. "Look!" I'd tell people when they visited me. "I'm world famous!"

bhobby50000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhobby50000
Toyfare wrote:

Separated at birth?

if only I was as funny as Ed Helms

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
thejakeyl88 wrote:I'm always forgetting how large the print is, I thought it would be much smaller. The thing is, I dont like the looks of having a huge golden round thing like that, that high up on the shirt. Odd placement in my opinion. Is it really that high up or just looks it?

EDIT: "The Season of Change" will be arriving tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hope I like it. I will be going right outback of my house with it tomorrow to take some nice shots of it and I'll try to get as accurate color representation as possible with the best lighting. I won't use a flash, just natural sunlight for people who want to see how it will look outside. Hopefully they yellow sunlight will bring out the brown better. HOPEFULLY.

Jakey, I'll be interested to see a pic with natural sunlight because, in my opinion, the printing doesn't do justice to the amazing design. My colors seem very off and fuzzy not sharp. Also, the tree is barely visible.

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
heartluce wrote:Jakey, I'll be interested to see a pic with natural sunlight because, in my opinion, the printing doesn't do justice to the amazing design. My colors seem very off and fuzzy not sharp. Also, the tree is barely visible.

Yeah I was going to today, but it was just so darn cloudly and dark. Typical dark, damp, fall day. Hoping for better weather tomorrow but if not, the gray lighting will have to suffice. Hopefully it doesn't change much, but maybe I can do a before and after. Heck right now I'll take one in my room, with regular lighting just to compare them all later on.

EDIT: I also noticed that the tree has different visibility based on the type of lighting. Its really strange, I've notice under different lighting conditions the color and deepness of the color changes dramatically under different lights. Hopefully I can capture this with my photos.

EDIT II: Here I took a bunch of shots with different settings, but no matter what, under my lights with flash or not, the background was standing out. But its different outside, which I'll post tomorrow. Sorry for the blurry pictures, I lowered the sharpness but forgot to turn off my noise filters and reductions built into the camera which made it impossible to get a nice shot last night. I'll go outside soon and clean up the pics and get some nice natural light. No sun though

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

I wore my Season of Change Tuesday. No matter where I went (inside, outside, Target, etc.), the brown part of the print didn't show up at all. It shows up more so in these pictures. I wonder what this shirt would do under a black light. Anybody have one?

ribbit1122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ribbit1122

I already posted this on the Season of Change thread, but thought that I would post it here too. It seems like quite a few people have a problem with the brown ink not showing up on the brown shirt, and while I expected that to happen, I definitely did not expect the unevenness of the ink on the shirt. This is the first shirt out of a dozen or so that I've seen where the ink looks horrible. I absolutely love this design, but the crappy ink job makes me sad.

There is only one FINITE way to spell "deFINITEly."
You will find A RAT when you sepARATe the rat trap.

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence

Ditto, mine didn't turn out so hot, either. It's a shame, it was like, my second most anticipated woot t-shirt after 20 odd shirts. Now I express my disdain with an image...AND OBNOXIOUS RED ARIAL FONT!

I don't really care so much about the brown ink, as it shows up in most lighting situations, but the color that should be orange isn't much orange at all, but yellow. I find this really disappointing, as you guys seem to have had better luck with that. If it had been a bit deeper, and the details had been preserved better I honestly wouldn't mind. I mean, how did they make the cheek thing a solid dot? There are details more subtle on this shirt that came out fine. :\

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

thejakeyl88

Hey! You are totally right, I didn't even notice that! Man thats like strike 3 against this shirt. Tsk tsk, totally disappointed. I mean I understand it probably was an extremely hard print to do, and the circular thing in the face may not print correctly even if they tried, so I understand... But ouch...

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

cleverconveyence

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverconveyence
thejakeyl88 wrote:Hey! You are totally right, I didn't even notice that! Man thats like strike 3 against this shirt. Tsk tsk, totally disappointed. I mean I understand it probably was an extremely hard print to do, and the circular thing in the face may not print correctly even if they tried, so I understand... But ouch...

Yeah. :\

Shame we probably won't get compensated at all for it.

Number of shirt.woots in 08: 23 (not counting randoms and shirts bought for friends)
number of shirt.woots in 09: 2 (same criteria)

thejakeyl88

cleverconveyence wrote:Yeah. :\

Shame we probably won't get compensated at all for it.

I'm not sure we'd need to. Although I guarantee you if you sent the shirt back woot would do something for you. I mean, in all honesty, I think woot just did they best they could without wasting too much time since they had huge orders around that time and they had a day off from the holiday so everything was backed up. Who knows really. But if you really don't want it, I bet they would hook you up.

Silverpsycho

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Silverpsycho
ribbit1122 wrote:I already posted this on the Season of Change thread, but thought that I would post it here too. It seems like quite a few people have a problem with the brown ink not showing up on the brown shirt, and while I expected that to happen, I definitely did not expect the unevenness of the ink on the shirt. This is the first shirt out of a dozen or so that I've seen where the ink looks horrible. I absolutely love this design, but the crappy ink job makes me sad.

You probably captured the best representation with the brown on brown.

Sadly I too never noticed the swirl on the face not coming out how the original design intended, but I'm not really annoyed by that as much as how poorly the brown color printed on the brown shirt.

I'm hoping to bleach mine but I wish I could see another Wooter's effort on that attempt before I try it myself. I'm pretty sure I'd just mess it up. :p

Trading: Guts & Reverse Tarzan (both are size WL)

thejakeyl88

I was just going to say ^^^ I'll wait to see how you bleach yours to decide, and wait for the results... Then I noticed you are doing the same as well.. Any volunteers??? ;)

thejakeyl88

Does anyone have the shirt "FALL" or know where I can see a picture of one? If not, can someone take a picture of their "FALL" shirt and post it? I'm trying to decide whether or not to get that one since the fall shirts were my favorite. I just want to be sure it printed well.

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Popa wheelie? Popa <-> Dada? Soda Popa? I can't think of a good pun so here's my spatial analysis of that silly shirt from yesterday. I figured that although there aren't many fence-sitting on this one, I should at least show it off because it's impossible to judge the shirt from its comp, and it sure as heck aint gonna survive its first reckoning.

The lighting's not so great but you can see where the design is.

Lesser GPSes, tremble in fear! The print is very sharp and clean, just what you'd expect from woot. The ink is pure black.

Let's take it outside to see what it looks like on a torso!

Bottom line I guess is that it looks like a bunch of squiggly lines, just like expected (and desired??). I would imagine its prime audience is people who give directions to Bloc Party concerts. It'll give me street cred with my fellow geography majors but the rest of you probably aren't missing out on much. :P

thejakeyl88

Just want to ask one more time, to see if anyone has pictures of "Fall" its teetering on getting reckoned and I'm still unsure about it. Maybe if I could see a picture of it, I could decide easier. Thanks!

Also thats the fastest picture time I've ever seen on a shirt. It looks good, I didn't know the print would stretch all the way around the back like that, I thought it would just end on the side. Oh well! Looks darn good, though!

gambit07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gambit07
thejakeyl88 wrote:Just want to ask one more time, to see if anyone has pictures of "Fall" its teetering on getting reckoned and I'm still unsure about it. Maybe if I could see a picture of it, I could decide easier. Thanks!

Also thats the fastest picture time I've ever seen on a shirt. It looks good, I didn't know the print would stretch all the way around the back like that, I thought it would just end on the side. Oh well! Looks darn good, though!

here's a picture of fall! I personally would not recommend it. The colors don't look like the woot picture.. The very top of the leaf does but the main portion of it is just a solid brown. It looks like woots been having some troubles with their browns!

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
gambit07 wrote:here's a picture of fall! I personally would not recommend it. The colors don't look like the woot picture.. The very top of the leaf does but the main portion of it is just a solid brown. It looks like woots been having some troubles with their browns!

It kind of looks like the leaf ends right over your belly. I don't know but on me, I can't image that is flattering.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

thejakeyl88

gambit07 wrote:here's a picture of fall! I personally would not recommend it. The colors don't look like the woot picture.. The very top of the leaf does but the main portion of it is just a solid brown. It looks like woots been having some troubles with their browns!

Thanks for posting! That doesn't look like the nice deep red in the design. You are correct in that point. That is too bad, I was really considering it. Maybe I will get Friends Forever instead.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
gambit07 wrote: It looks like woots been having some troubles with their browns!

it is more probable that designers have been having some trouble with their color palettes. Unless woot really wants designs they don't like to sell but briefly, they have no reason to not print the designs as submit. Given how often woot's work comes off as much better than expected, I have to presume that these color issues are more likely due to sloppy designer execution.

Though there might be merit to the "woot prints crappy shirts crappily" idea... while the Clockwork orange shirt shown here looks even less natural than the woot product illustration (glow borders FTL!!!) it also printed horribly if that's where the placement really is. It's way too high up.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
klswoot wrote:Wow! Season of Change printed beautifully. I didn't overnight mine...so it'll be awhile until I see it in person.

Liquid Hibiscus printed great too. The colors really pop on the asphalt tee. DId it print higher on the shirt too? Looks like it in the photo.

I think I'll take a look at the bleaching, but I have a front loader washer, so I can't really add the shirt after it's started. I thought there was something not quite right about the face, but I couldn't think what it was since i only briefly saw the shirt before running off on errands...bummer. I also got the tree with the music note leaves and black music staff last year, and you can't see that design very well either. I stayed away from brown shirts since then, and Season of Change made me revisit, but that doesn't seem to have been such a good idea. Oh well. If I figure out how to bleach it without ruining it, I'll post a pic.

GravityJMB

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GravityJMB

I'd really like to see the Clockwork Orange shirt... in a more natural setting. The glowy border isn't necessary... and, as mentioned above, is it REALLY printed that high?

Was gonna buy one, but I need to see a better picture first.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:it is more probable that designers have been having some trouble with their color palettes. Unless woot really wants designs they don't like to sell but briefly, they have no reason to not print the designs as submit. Given how often woot's work comes off as much better than expected, I have to presume that these color issues are more likely due to sloppy designer execution.

Though there might be merit to the "woot prints crappy shirts crappily" idea... while the Clockwork orange shirt shown here looks even less natural than the woot product illustration (glow borders FTL!!!) it also printed horribly if that's where the placement really is. It's way too high up.

I don't think designers (at least the more experienced ones) are having trouble with their palettes so much as they are trying to push woot's printing capabilities. I mean, look at tgentry's cat and mouse entry in the Panic derby. A dark blue ink on navy would be even less visible than the dark brown on brown, I think...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
ISO30 wrote:

If I look at this just right, it looks like the gears are actually moving. O.o

Mindtrip!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

AdderXYU

eHalcyon wrote:I don't think designers (at least the more experienced ones) are having trouble with their palettes so much as they are trying to push woot's printing capabilities. I mean, look at tgentry's cat and mouse entry in the Panic derby. A dark blue ink on navy would be even less visible than the dark brown on brown, I think...

If that's the case, it's a silly notion these designers are having. Design by humans, on one hand, LOVES having their capabilities pushed, so they can show the world that they damn well can deliver. Woot, on the other hand, very rarely selects designs for dailies that push their print capabilities. Since the derbies are selected by the average Joe, pushing that envelope does not guarantee a good print.

AGrant311

Okay, now y'all see why I usually just use the dogs to model my Woot shirts. Anyway, here is Wiley styling in Oh Deer and me in ManBat. I'm kind of glad I took one for team on ManBat.It actually looks pretty neat. I'm sure if I were a goth, it would be my favorite. As it is, a nice seasonal Halloween shirt. The image does show up on the shirt, even though this picture isn't the best. Blast that flash in the mirror.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-10-06

AGrant311

Okay, a better one of ManBat with Wiley. I also felt the urge to put his little hat on him. Seemed appropriate with this shirt.

Wonderbunny

AGrant311 wrote:Okay, now y'all see why I usually just use the dogs to model my Woot shirts. Anyway, here is Wiley styling in Oh Deer and me in ManBat. I'm kind of glad I took one for team on ManBat.It actually looks pretty neat. I'm sure if I were a goth, it would be my favorite. As it is, a nice seasonal Halloween shirt. The image does show up on the shirt, even though this picture isn't the best. Blast that flash in the mirror.

What did you think of "Oh Deer?" or whatever it's called.

I'm debating that one. It is the only one since the fall derby that I've even considered. I really like the cranberry color and I kept looking at it all day that it was up but didn't pull the trigger.

AGrant311

Wonderbunny wrote:What did you think of "Oh Deer?" or whatever it's called.

I'm debating that one. It is the only one since the fall derby that I've even considered. I really like the cranberry color and I kept looking at it all day that it was up but didn't pull the trigger.

I liked Oh Deer. It is a tad Christmasy looking, though. In the picture, the image looks white, but it's really more of a cream.

Wonderbunny

AGrant311 wrote:I liked Oh Deer. It is a tad Christmasy looking, though. In the picture, the image looks white, but it's really more of a cream.

I live in Utah so I didn't see it as being Christmas but more fall/winter to me (when the deer come down and start grazing closer to the city and once in a while, on the university campus where I attend school). Maybe I'll pick it up next week.

theLiz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theLiz

Got Donut Panic! in the mail today.
Excited to wear it tomorrow! :D

thejakeyl88

AGrant311 wrote:Okay, a better one of ManBat with Wiley. I also felt the urge to put his little hat on him. Seemed appropriate with this shirt.

Hahaha Wiley has that look of both "can you believe this hat?" and "can you believe I'm modeling off this awful looking creature?" Thats a great picture. The first one looks like he is standing up proudly with his new shirt. Priceless. Anyways, Man Bat looks like it printed in black ink, not the sweet dark blue. It was pantone seven thousand and four something I dunno, can't remember. Oh well it still printed large and very nice. Very cool shirt. Just don't know if I need another asphalt with dark colors.

thejakeyl88

theLiz wrote:Got Donut Panic! in the mail today.
Excited to wear it tomorrow! :D

This one is so cool! Love it, but it won't be for many, many days until I receive mine in the mail. It looks just right. Does the pink look a tad lighter than in the design? Seems like it a bit. Can't tell if its the design or lighting.

theLiz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theLiz
thejakeyl88 wrote:This one is so cool! Love it, but it won't be for many, many days until I receive mine in the mail. It looks just right. Does the pink look a tad lighter than in the design? Seems like it a bit. Can't tell if its the design or lighting.

Yeah... I'm not quite as skilled with the camera as some.
I'd say the pink isn't spot-on with the design, but it is darker than appears in the pic.

KittyPryde

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KittyPryde

Apparently I have terrible taste in shirts, because not only did I just receive this shirt today, but it also was reckoned today and no one has put up a picture yet.

And to add to the tradition of pets with shirts, here is my youngest, Oz.

AdderXYU

KittyPryde wrote:Apparently I have terrible taste in shirts, because not only did I just receive this shirt today, but it also was reckoned today and no one has put up a picture yet.

Apparently mine is no better, since a full 75% of the tees in the top 20 make me scratch my head and wonder how many wooters have been buying shirts for their blind friends. Not to mention that I've only bought one, with no others I'd even consider unless stuffed in a random bag.

Also, I'm updating the first post today up through page 8. Be excited!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
AdderXYU wrote:Not to mention that I've only bought one, with no others I'd even consider unless stuffed in a random bag.

Don't keep us in suspense, Adder. Which one in the top 20 did you buy? What made it stand out?

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

I've decided what this thread needs is more me. Photos of me wearing me.

I've got some shirts that have already been reckoned, too. I'm not sure if it's worth posting photos of them or not. All the ones I buy are always immediately reckoned. But not me (er... mine?). Go me!

Sidenote: I'm not sure I would have actually bought The Choice Was Not Hard if I wasn't the designer. I don't like it as much as I like some other designs. But the printing came out really well and it actually looks surprisingly good in t-shirt form.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:I've decided what this thread needs is more me. Photos of me wearing me.

I love it when designers post themselves in their own shirts. I hope that jimiyo and you have started a trend. Both of you look great in your shirts

I really dug the idea of your shirt. If "waterslide" had been replaced with something else silly/frivolous that I have a personal fondness for myself (I can't remember the last time I wanted to go to a waterslide) then I would've been all over it. As it is, you have to start getting picky when the woot shirts start piling up. Glad there are enough people who dig waterslides to keep you in the top 20