quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: Luau: 10% Metal

This is great! GMV!!

(He's missing a toe though...)

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
Re: Welcome to Our Fire

my new favorite

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed
Re: If you like...

Oh no that song will NEVER leave my head now, *giggles*!

ksuhr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ksuhr
Re: Fire Dancer

Beautiful! Even if this isn't chosen for Woot I hope you'd consider making it available somewhere. I bet a lot of people who do poi would love one of these!

blammoed

Re: maiself-tai

I.. drink... your... COCONUT MILK!

Oiehieheoiho, what a cute design. Excellent job on those halftones, too. Looks very nice.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
hardt21 wrote:What? Why wouldn't they be able to print? Why would you even write something like that? I've seen much smaller halftones print! This is a great design, you got my vote!

I see no reason why it wouldn't print well. Those don't even look like halftones.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

blammoed

Re: Luau for 1.. maybe 2.. probably not 3

ahahahaha! hilarious, extra funny with the title. That poor little piggy.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Really nice design/composition. GMV.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Mmm, mai tais! Nice colors on this one, rg.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
Re: Luau Fire

Awesome job sokowa! but, minor questions... where did those islanders get the wood for that fire? i mean.. theres only two trees in the whole place!at least theres only two left.. not very environmentally sound..

maybe they should burn corn instead.

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Fine Young Cannibals

Fan-#$!#$@-tastic. I can see this one going the distance.

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry

*giggles*, Love it! GMV!!

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129

Awesome- great timing as I read the shirt. I saw the first three one at a time and then... bang! GMV

tgentry

quality posts: 109 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

rglee129 wrote:Awesome- great timing as I read the shirt. I saw the first three one at a time and then... bang! GMV

Agreed, it reads very well. I think this is a winner for sure.

wettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

always love your little suns too : ) hope this pulls through

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Oh! The Cocanity!

what fun faces! love the pucker too. very cool and cute, patch. another great entry, with wonderful details. def gmv

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

rglee129

quality posts: 26 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Sometimes I explode, and I don't know why.

i like the swimming guys at the bottom. Yikes! Funny shirt, gmv

Patchitect

Re: Liquid Hibiscus

OOOH! the drama... its not a derby unless someone says its unworthy, another says its too simple, another claims that their opinion is superior, and someone threatens to leave forever. Glad we got all that out of the way.

Good simple design, reads well... Repetition isnt a bad thing, and is a good and effective communication tool. Its not like they are all the same, rotation and rescale works wonders. Yes its probably common enough that it might garner a rejection, but luau is a fairly narrow theme with few possible iterations, so thye'll prolly let it pass. Besides.. its not like woot has never printed something simple and common, despite the comments of the elitists. Lets face it.. this is the stuff voters like, pandering or not, and so be it.

Look closely designers. This is woots demographic, regardless of who they target.

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom

love it geekfactor! you've got such wonderful expressions on them. and I love the red shoes on the freddie one.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
bvillarreal wrote:It's the same outline, yes. I wanted it to be a pattern. I'm usually comfortably low on the list and don't get to hear constructive feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Yeah, my first comment came off a little bit harsher than I meant it to due to the fact that I was rushed on time. My second comment is more of what I felt about it. It could be so much more than what it is. If the flowers flowed into each other more instead of being the same thing just copy/pasted, it'd be so much better. I'm thinking the liquid part of it could be emphasized. I'm not sure if you can picture what I'm picturing, but if the flowers were dripping into each other, it might look nicer. I'm sure you don't have a bunch of time to work with it, but that's my much more verbose opinion.

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal

This is GREAT!

wettoad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wettoad
Re: Ku

wow. i like this a lot. is this asphalt or navy?

drtardy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drtardy
Re: The Pig Fights Back
Very nice work! I would buy one.

Patchitect

klswoot wrote:I thought we might see one of these! I thought about this idea and then figured one of the derby artists who are masterful at the 'tragically cute' would conquer it. I don't know that I've seen you do this style before...but it's GREAT! I will now add you to my list of artists 'masterful at the tragically cute'.

Ohhh! Thanks for all the adjectives! Its nice to see your style infecting other designers. maybe we should tag team on something sometime, warped stained glass color explosions of demented humor might be a winnah!

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

this is pretty darn amazing.

Uraha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Uraha
Re: Pineapple Of My Eye

Love that purple, and pineapples are delish!

ruesifus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
JustJiggles wrote:Danny's Song by Anne Murray?

Annie´s Song by John Denver?

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
hasdgfas wrote:Yeah, my first comment came off a little bit harsher than I meant it to due to the fact that I was rushed on time. My second comment is more of what I felt about it. It could be so much more than what it is. If the flowers flowed into each other more instead of being the same thing just copy/pasted, it'd be so much better. I'm thinking the liquid part of it could be emphasized. I'm not sure if you can picture what I'm picturing, but if the flowers were dripping into each other, it might look nicer. I'm sure you don't have a bunch of time to work with it, but that's my much more verbose opinion.

Yes, I know exactly what you mean - I was just saying today - before I saw any of the drama, or knew I was garnering attention/votes, that I would have liked to spend more time on it. When I do any drawing or painting - I do the initial upchuck of creativity and then set it aside for awhile and return to it with a fresh perspective and either make it awesome or overwork it - I will probably work on this design some more just because I like the concept and would like to perfect it - soon, right after I finish procrastinating. I really do appreciate feedback of any kind.

ya2sabes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ya2sabes

Simple. Nicely placed. Pretty.

GG. GMV

bvillarreal

Patchitect wrote:OOOH! the drama... its not a derby unless someone says its unworthy, another says its too simple, another claims that their opinion is superior, and someone threatens to leave forever. Glad we got all that out of the way.

Good simple design, reads well... Repetition isnt a bad thing, and is a good and effective communication tool. Its not like they are all the same, rotation and rescale works wonders. Yes its probably common enough that it might garner a rejection, but luau is a fairly narrow theme with few possible iterations, so thye'll prolly let it pass. Besides.. its not like woot has never printed something simple and common, despite the comments of the elitists. Lets face it.. this is the stuff voters like, pandering or not, and so be it.

Look closely designers. This is woots demographic, regardless of who they target.

Thank you, Patchitect. I always like your designs and appreciate your eloquent diplomacy.

bvillarreal

ya2sabes wrote:Simple. Nicely placed. Pretty.

GG. GMV

Thank you, ya2sabes!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Luau Fire

Looks like somebody forgot to get their Smokey on.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18

Thanks for the comments and votes!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

rwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoody
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Great design! but im not a fan of the shirt color...

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
bro3of4 wrote:Really cute and a great illustration. . . but there is absotively posilutely no way I would wear this. I would feel so uncomfortable and all types of wrong wearing this. I think you cut your potential voters in half with the 'girl-y' factor.

Would make a cute poster or framed picture for a beach house, though.

So I love the expression on the mermaids face but even as I women I would never wear this. Makes me feel all kinds of dirty because it doesn't appear there is any kind of covering what I think is a child and the whole image is skin tone. I think adding some sort coloring to the tail would be nice. I don't know how to explain it but a naked child is not ok where a naked women would be better (I'm sorry, I don't really know how to explain). Really well drawn though and like I said, I love the expression.

rwoody

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rwoody

GMV! like the color choices....hopefully i can pull this off as a guy.

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee

Love your rays that you often do. And that guy could drink forever and ever.. or until it evaporates.

Patchitect

Wonderbunny wrote:So I love the expression on the mermaids face but even as I women I would never wear this. Makes me feel all kinds of dirty because it doesn't appear there is any kind of covering what I think is a child and the whole image is skin tone. I think adding some sort coloring to the tail would be nice. I don't know how to explain it but a naked child is not ok where a naked women would be better (I'm sorry, I don't really know how to explain). Really well drawn though and like I said, I love the expression.

I have to agree, its really cute in the detail, but the fleshy fins kinda spoil it for me.. i dont think i could even give this to my daughter to wear cause of that. If it had a color tone to the fish bits, it'd work better.. hate to lose a layere to the shading tho, which is done very well...

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa
Wonderbunny wrote:So I love the expression on the mermaids face but even as I women I would never wear this. Makes me feel all kinds of dirty because it doesn't appear there is any kind of covering what I think is a child and the whole image is skin tone. I think adding some sort coloring to the tail would be nice. I don't know how to explain it but a naked child is not ok where a naked women would be better (I'm sorry, I don't really know how to explain). Really well drawn though and like I said, I love the expression.

I had the exact same feeling but didn't have the courage to post it. The face looks like a little girl to me, and thus the nearly naked body makes me very uncomfortable. I agree, Wonderbunny, that a naked adult woman would be better.
I doubt the artist meant to make the girl look young, but that's how she looks to me.

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa

Whoa self-cannibalism. Sketchy... and yet cute! I love the rays and the color choices.