bigbadblackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigbadblackman
Re: Dancing in the dark

i love the dark shirt with bright colors excellent work

shirt.woot suppling my wardrobe since 2008

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: The Pina Colada shirt

da da da da daaaaa. da da da daaa daaa.. if you like ...hum hum hum hummm hummm. the perfect shirt, for trips to any south pacific cape.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

opifan64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opifan64
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

This one is great! very original and funny

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
Chessiesmom wrote:Love the design. The shirt is so dark though most of it seems lost. Have you considered a slightly softer color for the background?

I wonder, Chessie, do you mean the shirt color being lighter or the ink being lighter? And she's right, Black on Navy is never going to print well or be seen at all.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Hawaiizen

I always really like your designs, but nobody ever likes what I like. I think I've doomed you with my liking. It's like the kiss of death.

tangledup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangledup

Hahahahahahaha *snort* I love it.

spiffyshirt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spiffyshirt

Reminds me of "pin-up" pictures of the 40-50's era. I like it.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
blammoed wrote:He IS like Sid!! *giggles*! Wonderful, I love this even more after reading that comment. Great job on the illustration, and taking the theme in a fun and different direction.

Who is this Sid person, anyway? What the hell are you crazy kids talking about these days?

nickdiesel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nickdiesel
ruesifus wrote:Annie´s Song by John Denver?

johnny's song by cross canadian ragweed?

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

You two are crazy good together. This is incredible!!
I can't decide which I like better, this or Luau Girl; very different styles, yet equally amazing.

MockingbirdSymphony

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MockingbirdSymphony

Very interesting! I love the design; I'm not sure if I'd wear it or not. (But I voted for it, I guess I'll decide if it wins later. :D) It reminds me of a ripple or sound waves.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Black Flowers

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it and thanks for voting.

Any of you know how dark their navy shirts are? Is the color in the template a decent match? Any experienced derby-champs out there want to weigh in? I'm just concerned about the black on navy. I want the flowers to be subtle, but not invisible.

Thanks again!
CMD

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: Hot Tropic

I like this design, I just think it deserves a more festive shirt color.

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
klswoot wrote:Thanks BV and AnnaJo. Congratulations on breaking the fog AJ. Maybe our fire dancers can join you...3 dancing men with your lady.

Oooh maybe your men could teach her some of their sweet moves!

smikel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smikel
Re: Pacific Sunset

Totally sweeeeeetttT!!!!

arpayton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arpayton
AnnaJo wrote:For your information, for all that think i am crazy now. I typed O M G, O M G, does NOT mean Ovaltina my goat?? (what the hell)I've never been in the fog. Wow this comp makes me seem like a crazy person...But really, you guys are amazing regardless of woot's craziness!

hah. that's the notorious woot filters. they take common acronyms like that & make weird stuff out of them.

AnnaJo

Re: Black Flowers

Love this, one please! gmv

AnnaJo

Re: Good Vibrations

Ooooh I love how you have simulated transparency. Very clever, gmv!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Raining wrote:This is good, mom, Shawn and I voted for it.We like everything you design. Tell Miss LauraB hello.

thanks, Raining. Laura's sad today because her friend is moving away, to Texas, actually. They're having a big party, maybe that'll help.

HikePolska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HikePolska
AdderXYU wrote:Shh. We're not allowed to comment negatively on this one.

Adder- your comment is the best one in all this craziness! this is too funny

HikePolska

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HikePolska
Re: Beautiful Disaster

One of the most unique designs in the derby by far and love the colors, GMV

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Thanks for the votes to get this one in the hotness. Very exciting.

justrosie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justrosie

When you're ready for a luau, I know you're not just thinking leis, coconut bras, grass skirts and tiki torches. You've also got "Mmmmmmm, pig roast!" on your mind. Well, move over Don Howe. Step back Fergie. We've got Pigalicious (so delicious) here, welcoming the crowd of island loving carnivores! "Aloha! Have some poy!"

msj11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msj11
klswoot wrote:Thanks for the votes to get this one in the hotness. Very exciting.

I voted for both of the collaboration designs. Before I even clicked on them, I guessed they were KLS - since I am a guy, I prefer this one.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

tools26

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tools26

awesome picture rosie

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
msj11 wrote:I voted for both of the collaboration designs. Before I even clicked on them, I guessed they were KLS - since I am a guy, I prefer this one.

It's funny because when we talked about the finished "Luau Girl" we said it may be too girly. So, we wanted to be sure that the fire dancers had a bit more manly look to it without losing the softness in the Matisse dance poses. I'm so impressed with Toe's highlights and shadows. Just perfect. Can't stop looking at it.

Thanks for the votes MSJ!

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
Re: Plumeria Paradise

This design is inspired by Hawaiian tribal tattoos, and is a dark olive print on a grass-colored shirt. All hand drawn in Inkscape. Enjoy!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Oh! The Cocanity!

*giggles*, well done, well done. I like the way to framed the bottom of the design with the log table.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny

This is really simple but very cool.

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

love the design, but what colour is this on? looks like a lighter green than woot has to me, but it would look good on kelly, too

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Luau Girl

Thank you everyone for the comments and the votes Sorry for being so late with this and so short, but I'm kinda busy at the moment with a third design. It was a pleasure working with you too Kristen

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
meh3884 wrote:love the design, but what colour is this on? looks like a lighter green than woot has to me, but it would look good on kelly, too

**because i've never heard of grass

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ArcaneHondo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArcaneHondo

Very nice Brendan. Love the color

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254

Thanks for the comments and the votes everyone I'm busy at the moment with a 3rd design so I'm sorry this is short and generalized. more later It was a pleasure working with you Kristen

sokowa

Re: Luau Fire

Thank you to all the comments!

@kylemittskus - thanks for liking the style. I plan on trying a few more things in future derbies like this. Maybe if I polish it up and hit the right design there'll be one you'll wear

@AnnaJo - thanks anna, your fire effect is lovely as well. I like how we have two fire designs in the fog atm but both representing it completely differently.

@cenerslaveshop - *giggles*, thanks. But it's ok. Anneandkita had a well written comment and I appreciate those since someone took the time to point out examples, etc. I took no offense.

@ Patchitect - thanks Patchitect, I always love your ideas and style. So for this to catch your eye makes me happy Sadly they burned the raft and the cruise ship that came by to rescue them, but man . . what a party.

@SmijinGT - wooHoo!

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm
Re: Slushed

Way to make a shirt good for summer or winter... love the expresison on her face... reminds me of many a weekend in college. 8)

>insert funny quote here<

sokowa

Re: Fire Dancer

Love the fire Very close to realistic with just a touch of stylized.

sokowa

Re: Midnight Luau

LOVE your style and how you use solid and halftone colors for shading. You need to get something printed soon.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

I like the name as much as the design. Your work always evokes a grin, rglee. gmv fo sho.