haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

I like it a lot.

swimmin247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swimmin247

Wow, I like the feeling of this one! It is very cool and sylistic.

_The Edinator_

joshf52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshf52

I wish the tiki octopus was on the shirt by itself. Nice design though tg

chrisdg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdg
Re: Polynesian Mermaid

While I don't think I could wear this shirt, I don't really understand why people think girl shirts shouldn't or wouldn't get votes from guys. I vote for both. I have EVEN bought shirts for people other than myself before.

I'm not sure I understand the controversy this shirt has stirred up either. I think her expression is priceless and don't find the skin tone or nudity to be off-putting or creepy. She's cute!

Just my two cents.

Great job, srglancey!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Plumeria Paradise

Beautiful design.

GMV!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
haxrox wrote:I like the name as much as the design. Your work always evokes a grin, rglee. gmv fo sho.

Thanks for the nice comments, folks.

Haxrox- My wife just thought of another title- "Master Libation" A little too pg-13 for woot, but pretty darn clever!

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129
Re: Luau: 10% Metal

The shirts sold me. GMV.

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: Volcano

Can we get a close up? Also, Woot often rejects if the thumbnail doesn't match the comp. You might want to fix that and resubmit.

Wonderbunny

meh3884 wrote:**because i've never heard of grass

Fat Unicorn is printed on grass so the shirt color should be fine.

sargentmatt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sargentmatt
dirtdirt wrote:I especially dig his shorts and the flowers. GMV!

Fun fact about the flowers... I originally had two more palm leaves where they were, but when I shrunk the whole thing down, I realized that it resembled a pot leaf. I changed it to avoid rejection.

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
bvillarreal wrote:Thank you Rachel1aaron. You are very well-spoken and I appreciate very much such positive feedback in my last check of the thread before I go to bed! Woot is truly an interesting social microcosm! Thanks again, Rachel.

Interesting, that was the last thing I did before going to bed! I can understand how your friend is fed up with some of what goes on here, as I too have been disappointed in the way comments have become so biting the last 2 derbies. If there are many people reading the designs' threads, I think this will be a turn-off. It is for me. I'm not saying people shoudn't voice their opinions, but if the barbs were taken out of the comments, I think it would make a huge difference. Good to know you have rhinoceros hide! Keep up the good work.

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht

Very cool design. It does look like a tattoo. The shapes are really sharp and perfectly done. Nice job!

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
rwoody wrote:GMV! like the color choices....hopefully i can pull this off as a guy.

Thank you, rwoody!

Wonderbunny

Re: Polynesian Mermaid

sglancey, I am so sorry to cause controversy in your shirt thread. I really love the illustration but in keeping the face, I would love to see green scales or some color of fish scales go all the way up to the shoulders, waist or somewhere. I keep looking at the face and thinking it is great but seeing the flesh tone all the way down is a little unsettling. The innocence of the shirt is wonderful but at the same time I couldn't buy it for one in my gaggle of nieces (as I have no kids) due to the fact that I think not all people would see this as beautiful and innocent but something more.

ruby2uesday

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruby2uesday
AdderXYU wrote:Shh. We're not allowed to comment negatively on this one.

llo sorry! i didn't read the posts above mine before i commented! llo doesn't mean i wouldn't get it if it makes top 3! always need a pretty blue shirt (and the design will look great on a womans tee) and it's been 7 years since i've lived in Hawaii so i'm going through withdrawals! just wasn't my top pick!

is that better??? it's true!!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

This artwork is amazing. The colors, light, and movement in this are mesmerizing. O.O Both of your colabs have my vote.

bvillarreal

Silverpsycho wrote:You can count me in as one of the supporters of this shirt. I love the colors, which is what sets your design apart from numerous other hibiscus shirts out there. I've purchased many many shirts featuring this awesome flower, but it's usually featured in different ways. Your placement is more original than the usual stripe of hibiscus going across the shirt like done on college type t-shirts (SDSU, UCSB...etc.) or even all the ones I see while vacationing in Hawaii. So sure, I will agree with others that the hibiscus is a commonly used flower but it should not be frowned upon because it's popular.

I believe you are deserving of being high on the list and I think both my mom and I would be in for one if this gets printed. It's simple, fun and like I said before...I love the colors.

Good luck and you've gmv.

Thank you for taking the time to share that - I hope you and your mom get the chance to buy one!

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Re: Midnight Luau

this is truly beautiful nice colors, well executed design.. just gorgeous

bvillarreal

peppersagooddog wrote:wow. i havent been around all day so i was checking the thumbnails.
i clicked to see this shirt to see how many people had said how wretched it is to make a shirt like those you can buy in a store.
now after reading oh lets say half way down the page maybe, give or take a few spins of the wheel, i want a turn!

ok hey, i see you took the time to draw it yourself. total props.
half of the crowd that is freaking out complains just as loudly about clip art and vectors. they whine incessantly (as do i) about the lack of give-a-stool around here.
yep, as a person that lives in vegas... where hawaiian people move to when they get sick of water... agreed. it LOOKS to be generic and just like alot of stuff you can buy at the flea market or where ever.
HOWEVER,
my personal verdict (as a person that has made exactly one design by the grace and help of far too many people) is this:
you took the time to draw it.
you have elements, as do i. bravo for putting out something people easily mistake for a run of the mill shirt. that means you made something 80 billion people would buy at walmart on a wing and a prayer.
now ill have you know that alot of my friends are gonna hate and berate me for this opinion, but for what you had to work with all the way around... hey you made something so palatable they all berate you for being too ordinary.
win or lose you have nothing to be ashamed of. if YOU drew it and YOU thought it looked nice repeated in a pattern rather than create a collage of different flowers, then there is nothing left to say.
if its all some ruse and you took some schmucks flower and repeatedly slapped it on a shirt without care... well then you should rot in hell.
if woot doesnt print it, go to a company called ocean pacific. i hear they LOVE this kind of work....

Thank you, peppersagooddog. It is not some schmucks flower, unless I'm a schmuck. I appreciate you taking the time to empathize with a fellow software-challenged artist. I checked out your peppart link - very cool stuff. I love the orchid.

goman114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goman114

I love it! I hope this wins cause I want to buy one!!!!

bvillarreal

p1k4 wrote:Even if this idea isn't original, i still think it's an awesome shirt. i love the colors chosen for this shirt. most of the shirts i've seen with this design/print are bright, flashy, and sometimes tacky-looking. this one has my vote, because it has a calm, but dark, color scheme, and because i'd wear it.

Thank you, p1k4!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Dancing in the dark

theinfinityloop wrote:This artwork is amazing. The colors, light, and movement in this are mesmerizing. O.O Both of your colabs have my vote.

Your pig entry is doing great too! Glad to see it getting votes. I can't wait to see Toe's 3rd entry. He's on fire this week...okay..that was bad, I know.

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

So much love that words escape me.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
Re: Tiki God Awakens

Thanks klswoot and heartluce. Eerie calm, I like that, maybe I'll have to incorporate that more into my style.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@Adder - I was concerned too, but it was really the only way I could do all the people and still be pleased with it. Since the pig is the focus, I'm hoping it will be okay that the people are subtle. You know what's weird? The people in that first picture you referenced are both very close friends of mine. O.O XD

@sharnar, @rwoody, @bootsboots, @bvillarreal, and @drtardy - Thanks so much!

@justjiggles - L O L. If I could have I would have.

@kwatson - Thanks! My husband said the same thing. He said it would appeal to people who have "had enough."

@ehalcyon - I thought of that too. That's one reason I decided to go through with it. Thanks for pointing it out.

bvillarreal

rachel1aaron wrote:Interesting, that was the last thing I did before going to bed! I can understand how your friend is fed up with some of what goes on here, as I too have been disappointed in the way comments have become so biting the last 2 derbies. If there are many people reading the designs' threads, I think this will be a turn-off. It is for me. I'm not saying people shoudn't voice their opinions, but if the barbs were taken out of the comments, I think it would make a huge difference. Good to know you have rhinoceros hide! Keep up the good work.

We must be on the same coast! Good morning! Thank you, Rachel1aaron!

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
dekonstruct wrote:Thanks klswoot and heartluce. Eerie calm, I like that, maybe I'll have to incorporate that more into my style.

Yes DK...I'd love to see this 'eerie calm' in more of your designs. I think it's great when a design evokes a feeling and this one did for me. I really like it!

ArkAngelsWings

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ArkAngelsWings

Another great design sokowa. Got my vote and I will be in for at least 1!

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
Re: Fine Young Cannibals

Great textures on the aboriginals, and holy pancakes! is this funny and oh so wearable!

mia3mom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mia3mom
Re: Fine Young Cannibals

tgentry wrote:Hahah, Freddie. Only a true mom would call that guy Freddie. ;)

thanks gentry. :P

*blushes* never watched any horror movies. I like nightmare-free sleep. All those characters run together.

BUT I'd learn the right name if I had a chance to wear the shirt. especially with the red shoes.

& the Gaggle of Girls; so many shirts, so little space in the dresser!

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

This is my favorite design of yours yet, sokowa. Nice one!

Edit: This reminds me of one of my all-time favorite games: The Curse of Monkey Island.

dekonstruct

bvillarreal wrote:I didn't have to look up hibiscus, because I live in Southern California and we actually have them. They're beautiful. Be glad to take advice from you on how to improve.

With such a wealth of visual reference I would have started by sketching at the very least 3 different ones. Your layout was ok but to improve it I would make the number an odd number 3 or 5 or 7 as these are more pleasing to the eye within an asymmetrical design. Also making the largest larger and the smaller smaller would increase the drama and make it more interesting.

From what google shows me there are many hibiscus with more than one color. This might help the design look less like an ocean pacific shirt by perhaps throwing in a muted complimentary color.

As for how you handled the curmudgeons of shirt.woot.com, change nothing. You did great job of rising above, may you never be bitter like me.

dekonstruct

Re: Limbo!

that dude must totally have some kind of anti gravity jet pack on or he's about to fall over. I looked up limbo in google images to post some reference but I got so creeped out. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

punkfiveo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages punkfiveo
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

push it back into the fog!

jbedwar1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
theinfinityloop wrote:@Adder - I was concerned too, but it was really the only way I could do all the people and still be pleased with it. Since the pig is the focus, I'm hoping it will be okay that the people are subtle. You know what's weird? The people in that first picture you referenced are both very close friends of mine. O.O XD

@sharnar, @rwoody, @bootsboots, @bvillarreal, and @drtardy - Thanks so much!

@justjiggles - L O L. If I could have I would have.

@kwatson - Thanks! My husband said the same thing. He said it would appeal to people who have "had enough."

@ehalcyon - I thought of that too. That's one reason I decided to go through with it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Just fogged at 148 votes .. pushing edgar's entry out

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib

Love his little face!! The colors are great - very bright and happy. Stellar, for sure.

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: The Pig Fights Back

Congrats on fogging!!

AnnaJo

LOVE this design, gmv!

AnnaJo

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=21753]

Clever! All those bunnies a just a little creepy... gmv

lynlynlora

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lynlynlora
Re: Oh! The Cocanity!

personally, I love it, but I'm waiting for the haters to get on here and tell you how over-used the horrified food theme is. They did the same with Jimmy... Is That You? and I bought it anyways. Seriously, great design, I like that the food-tormentor is actually featured in the design. very funny.

Jimmy... Is That You?, F5 Refreshes You!, At Last We Meet..., When Life Gives You Lemons, What Kitty?, 1986: The Legend Was Born, New Kid In Town, Fat Unicorn, The Cake is a Liar, Plan B, Eight Fists of Death, Rampage Wear, Easy Optimism, Tuesday's Gonna Be Rough, The Epic Begins, One more gargleblaster!, The Original Blue Hedgehog, Sun Wukong, The Monkey King, Navy Seals, Running Wild, I'm Sorry, Winning the Race, Read a Book, How We Roll

...and very proud of it.