JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=21718]My Sister's Things Are Never Safe (

Love it!

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Tiki God (Not Happy)

I actually like your upset tiki. For some reason it reminds me of Dragon Quest.

GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: Four-Stringed Hibiscus

I love how this is so mocking the traditional shirts.

Also, I like that you mixed in Guitars with flowers. GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: Dinner at the luau (resub)

I like the Cute factor of this. Definitely would make a great Kids shirt. GMV!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
mjc613 wrote:I love the subtle humor here.

Subtle?!...Wow, I'm usually known for the smack-ya-in-the-face-its-so-type humor, but I definitely appreciate the recognition.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
DavidShenoda wrote:Subtle?!...Wow, I'm usually known for the smack-ya-in-the-face-its-so-type humor, but I definitely appreciate the recognition.

Captain Obvious reporting for duty!

cobolisdead

Re: Luau Gone Sour

Cute a disturbing at the same time! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Tiki Chef Attack!

Dark, but funny! GMV!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cobolisdead wrote:Let me start off by saying,t hat I love the way you did the sun here.

Personally, I am getting more of a swampy feeling than a beach one. Maybe it's because you don't see sand, or anything commonly associated with a beach. While I get what you are trying to do with the picture, I don't really think you captured it well since you removed the items that identify the setting.One last thing, while the preview image looks nice, once I saw the larger version, I do not really like how you did the sky here.

Congrats on getting into the fog though.

" hey, Joe, you really drew that left big toe really well. Every other single thing you did was horrid, and doesn't look anything like what a human actually looks like."

"nice job on not sucking when you drew the toe, though."

well, I am glad that you liked one part of my design. ;^)

This is the sky in a higher resolution than the 600x600 shirt lets us present it- if you click on the image you'll see a 2x higher resolution. I am curious about what you would have liked in the complete sky that I didn't do- if I'm gonna lose, I might as well try to learn something while I'm at it. :^D

thanks!

cobolisdead

Re: Who keeps drinking my Mai Tai?

Awesome shirt! I wish that I could get one in time for my beach honeymoon next week!

cobolisdead

Re: Mine is Scarier (RESUB)

AWESOME! Nothing like a Tiki guy chasing the klller! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Bird of Paradise

Very artistic and I love the colors!

GMV!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
blammoed wrote:Genius, *giggles*! That song always seems to get stuck in my head, and now it is again. Oi. Love the swirly fires, cutesy coconuts. Great job!

Yeah, it gets stuck in my head all the time. XD

@ Adder - Thanks! ...and you're right. Needs some ugly halftones, and maybe a tree silhouette - or a bird silhouette!

@ sumos - Thanks.

@ slomer - I see that too now. I always liked the shyguys though. I think they even had some tribal shyguys in the Yoshi games. That would've made for an awesome shirt.

@ AnnaJo - This is true. ...and thanks!

@ Kwatson - Thanks much!

cobolisdead

Re: Hot Tropic

You know, I really like this one. I think it would be fun to wear at night when vacationing at the beach.

GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Three TIkis

Nice! I'm digging the homage! GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Angry Tiki

I wish that I could get this on a collared shirt so I could wear it at work. GMV!

cobolisdead

Re: Tropic Unplugged

Neat idea! GMV!

makselarts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makselarts
Re: Turtley Dissed!

Hey Ckeilah thanks for the comment. How about buying it for 10 dollars (wink)

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: Honu- spirit of Hawaii

This is pretty sick, GMV.

lipunkscene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lipunkscene
Bryan818 wrote:where in L I are you from?

I am from Bay Shore.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Re: eventide

I love how this shirt looks like you can just escape right into the design. The sunset is perfectly illustrated. GMV

cainja1

Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms

I wish the title could be on the shirt... it's a great design and what a creative way to interpret the theme! Very cool shirt

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

I have a turtle mosaic stepping stone that I made. It's in my garden, and strangely...it looks a lot like this ... although a tad more dusty.

I think it looks great on the shirt. A different kind of ShekTek design this week, but I really like it.

cainja1

Re: Luau Fire

SO cool. I love the way you illustrated the flames and smoke. But it's the reflection that sealed the vote for me. Awesome!

cainja1

Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)

There are few words one can say about this shirt... I can only laugh and smile as I watch the giant coconut down a small family with the strange sun smiling in pleasant approval. Simply brilliant.

cainja1

Re: Slushed

This is the funniest design in this derby. I laughed when I first saw the design. Possibly one of the most unique theme interpretations I've seen. Who said snowmen didn't vacation? GMV

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot
Re: Dancing in the dark

ekaywhy wrote:...can't staaaart a fiiiiire withoooout a spark...

I saw this comment earlier...and now I can't get the song out of my head!! I've caught myself singing it a couple of times already!

drockabaka

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drockabaka

Hilarious, but I don't think I'd wear it. Good job!

cainja1

Re: Beautiful Disaster

What an aptly named title! The funny thing is I noticed how beautiful the design was before I noticed that it was actually depicting a horrible attack. Great shirt awesome sunset. GMV!

Wonderbunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny

This is cool and the mosaic looks keeps you looking at it.

cainja1

Re: Midnight Luau

You sir, are the king of shading. I humbly bow to your brilliance.

kadaan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kadaan

Awesome design, I love it. Just wish it was a bit smaller on the shirt.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
klswoot wrote:I have a turtle mosaic stepping stone that I made. It's in my garden, and strangely...it looks a lot like this ... although a tad more dusty.

I think it looks great on the shirt. A different kind of ShekTek design this week, but I really like it.

Thanks! I love Hawaii. One of my favorite places on Earth. Wish we'd see more native wildlife in people's designs, but I am kicking myself for not doing this sooner (start of second week of class, and things are hairy).

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy

OK so here is an example of a comment:
"I would have voted but I can't stand pink flowers"
Anything! I just want to know, I am trying to guess myself, would appreciate any opinions
Thank you

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Mechanical Island

I love this shirt!

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter

woot is going to make me broke, I really like this and love turtles. I am really surprised more people didn't make sea turtle designs. wish you did this sooner

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I like the mosaic effect as well. The very soothing color scheme goes well with this.

OpenDesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OpenDesign
Re: Plumeria Paradise

Thanks to everyone for all of the votes!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Re: Panda Snacks (resub)

MostBestestBuddy wrote:OK so here is an example of a comment:
"I would have voted but I can't stand pink flowers"
Anything! I just want to know, I am trying to guess myself, would appreciate any opinions
Thank you

i don't have a vote, but here're my comments:
1. you got double digit votes, that's better than a lotta folks. we can't all be tgentry.
2. panda looks like a scary inbred creature. don't want to wear scary unless it's halloween. not scary in a funny way either.

geleon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geleon
dekonstruct wrote:that dude must totally have some kind of anti gravity jet pack on or he's about to fall over. I looked up limbo in google images to post some reference but I got so creeped out. I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Therein lies the excitement of limbo!