sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: I need a toothpick!

hah, it's a woot filter changing the word.
Did you save your image as 600x600? (72dpi) my hunch is that it isn't.

kitekidette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kitekidette
Re: Luau Beach

Wow I really like this one!! Its really cool!

Barbequepork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barbequepork
Re: The Pig Fights Back

GOTTA HAVE THIS!

Barbequepork

Re: The Pig Fights Back

Defintely got my vote!

Barbequepork

Re: maiself-tai

Great design, gmv

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
female wrote:You may think so, but I sincerely doubt it. Mucha did many female figures standing up 'straight', but even these figures usually had an 'S' curve in them, if not in their body than at least in the form of their clothing (not the detail wrinkles, but the actual shape).

These 'S' shapes and contrapasto poses, however subtly done, create a feminine action line and silhouette. Toe's illustration has a very straight action line, which is rigid and masculine. The skirt wrinkles running diagonally help to break this up a bit, but the form and silhouette are still straight up and down. (I won't even discuss the shape that she and the bottom flower create as I don't want to be crude, but it also adds to the masculinity of what should be a very feminine design.) Just my opinion of course. I would be all over this design with some subtle modifications.

i freely admit Mucha was and will always be a better artist than i will ever be. my work pails in his masterful shadow. but i thank you for picking apart my design into pedantic minutiae and making it abundantly clear i will never equal his massive talent.

jmommav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmommav

I think this entry is too funny. . . I want one!

Jennifer Vetterick

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Andy47240 wrote:This needs more votes. It is one of the most beautifule "T-Shirt" designs I have ever seen.

thank you Andy.

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: You Have GOT to be Kidding Me...

I like your illustration gmv

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: Honu- spirit of Hawaii

This is REALLY well done! Great job on getting soo many votes so quickly! GMV!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129
Re: He's Watching

Is that MODOK? In any case, this is a cool design! GMV

bvillarreal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvillarreal
dlind41 wrote:Well, I never post on here, I just enjoy the shirts and looking at peoples design. With that said I like your design a lot. The Colors are my favorite and i love the idea of a liquid design for the flower. So here's to your design staying in the fog!!

Thanks for the post dlind41!

bvillarreal

karma1apple wrote:I don't understand, it seems like you could get a shirt identical to this at any Wal-Mart or Target.

But theirs wouldn't come with this entertaining debate ; )

bvillarreal

ekaywhy wrote:congratulations on having the most discussed entry i've ever seen. couldn't even dream of reading though all these comments.

Thanks, yea, it's a lot - Here's a brief summary: Some people think my shirt design vacuums and some other people think those people are being rude in their critical analyses and are defending my design. I submitted this having no earthly idea it would get any more votes than my submissions usually do. I'm trying to answer everybody, but have missed a few.

Dassassin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dassassin

noooo! This needs to win! It's the only one I'd buy...

bvillarreal

Translucent branch sounds like a good idea - I'll try to incorporate that if I should have to change it. Thanks.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

the4bagger wrote:Rejected for being off-topic? I really don't see how it's off-topic, but I guess it's a lost cause for me to argue with the rejectionator...

I'm not sure how it could be ON-topic. What is it? And how does it relate to a luau?

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sharptoothpiranha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharptoothpiranha

darn woot filter! this is my first attempt at this kind of stuff, could have sworn I saved at the right resolution. I'll trying againg in the morning, Thanks! Sokowa

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Passion Fruit

This doesn't look like a passion fruit. Here is a picture of one cut open.

What did you use to come up with this design?

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Plumeria Paradise

Pretty cool... has kind of a dollar-billsy look to it. :-)

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
no1 wrote:i don't have a vote, but here're my comments:
1. you got double digit votes, that's better than a lotta folks. we can't all be tgentry.
2. panda looks like a scary inbred creature. don't want to wear scary unless it's halloween. not scary in a funny way either.

I am not begging for votes, I just want feedback so I can learn. Thanks for taking the time to say something, it takes me a long time to make the design and I want to get better.

Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

I haven't much paid attention to comments on individual shirts in a while so skimming over these has been quite a treat. I haven't seen this much hating on a design since the comments on the hoodie design from trompe l'oeil. lulz

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

aenari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aenari
Re: Liquid Hibiscus

Pretty colors...but pretty boring, if you ask me.

Wanting is no art...to want rightly, on the other hand, is a great art, or rather, it is a gift.
-Kierkegaard

aenari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aenari
Re: Coconuts For You

Wow. Cute AND clever.

Wanting is no art...to want rightly, on the other hand, is a great art, or rather, it is a gift.
-Kierkegaard

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek
Re: Luau Fire

I haven't had the time lately to submit anything but I thought I would see what's up on woot, both of your entries for this derby are really nice Sokowa! wonderful job, I really like the style! your the only one who gets my vote for this derby. Great work and best of luck!

dustpuppy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustpuppy
ruby2uesday wrote:very pretty, LOVE the colors, but you can get the same type shirt anywhere, to include 5 for $20 bucks at the flea market in Hawaii.

But you know, as a Hawaii expat, that's exactly why I like it.

Join the march to save individuality!

sutheo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sutheo
caspianta wrote:some parties need to remember that no one is being accused of searching out an idea and recreating it to make profit off of someone elses' property but rather that there are similar shirts in existence and we'd rather have our precious woot days taken up with shirts that are significantly different than those available elsewhere.

Of all posts here I think you said it best, people are whining because this shirt isn't quite 'wooty' enough for them. That is why I personally only vote for shirts I would buy/wear, not just shirts I that are good designs.

As with most people on this site, I don't buy every shirt that comes up. I buy a shirt or 2 a month, and really refuse to get bent out of shape over peticular shirts not getting printed.

MostBestestBuddy

I would appreciate any comments about this design, this is an attempt to look less "scary"
I was trying to show the panda eating the bamboo hut, so this time I used bite marks... an improvment?
Also changed some other things (tree, flower...)
Thanks

deadslug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deadslug
Re: Honu- spirit of Hawaii

Finally, something actually Hawaiian. GMV!

timetank

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timetank
Re: Passion Fruit

Hi everyone, I'm trying this for the first time. I don't expect to win, but some feedback would be great.

Thanks,
Frank

MostBestestBuddy

sorry to see this one out of the fog Who doesn't like fire?

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
Re: Mt. Hibiscivus Erupts!

I friggen love this design!...why oh why did you wait so long to put this one up?... crud...Good luck to you... this one should print well.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

moonwick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moonwick
Re: maiself-tai

Absolutely LOVE the shirt color choice. Definitely voted for this one.

moonwick

wootleey wrote:Great pic, but its got that pedophile thing going on. It would be awkward as hell wearing this around anywhere.

There's absolutely nothing pedophile about this. If you think there is then I'd say you have more problems than you know...

moonwick

Re: Pacific Sunset

Love this! And definitely takes me back to OP clothing. =D

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
AnnaJo wrote:I like your illustration gmv

Thanks! Not expecting this one to do too well, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Groowalla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Groowalla
Re: Maori Love Birds V2 (RESUB)

There are some exceptional design this week but this is the one I wouldn't think twice about clicking 'want' for. I hope this gets up into the fog!

takekuru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages takekuru

My favorite out of the whole lot, great job.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thank you for all of the encouraging comments. Let's hope this pig has enough fight in him to get back in the fog!

amazingranda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amazingranda
Re: Slushed

I must have this shirt! Vote people! I love the second snowman, Noooooooooo!!!