erina7262


quality posts: 0 Private Messages erina7262
Re: Caution



I dont get it...

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Kwatson29 wrote:For some reason copy and pasting into a pattern is getting votes...2nd time seen this style and it got same votes off the start...maybe I'll try this next time. If it gets the votes, then something has to be done right.



"Done right" is such a relative term in relation to derby success.

dsb411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsb411
Re: Bobby, put that back before Greg goes surfing..



Ahh the Brady's trip to Hawaii. Now everyone can have a souvenir from America's favorite family vacation.


dsb411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsb411
Re: Bobby, put that back before Greg goes surfing..



Waiting for the ban-hammer...


ruesifus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
ambergreen wrote:Kinda needs to be the shape of a tiki idol too...the giant rectangle of art isn't very attractive.


Thanks for looking at my entry! I disagree with your opinion though. Obviously you didn't purchase 'Arrrrgyle'. I wish there were more shirts like it. Me and alot of my friends layer shirts, and having a t-shirt with a pattern down the middle works well. I had thought of making a larger image out of the pattern and decided against it.

MostBestestBuddy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy

So the idea is that a panda stumbles onto a luau setup and can't help but taste that delicious looking bamboo.... Please Comment !

jbedwar1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbedwar1
theinfinityloop wrote:Thank you for all your nice compliments and for your votes. I'm glad you guys think it's funny. I was worried how I could imply all of the luau party without making it too complicated, but fortunately the silhouettes weren't too hard.



well .... the silhouettes might not show up that well on the brown .... but i think that is fine in this case. They don't really need to stand out.

dogchainedtoapost


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dogchainedtoapost
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms



Winner, winner! Calamari dinner!

Drakxxx


quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
AdderXYU wrote:I like the art, and it's a fun concept, but that back hand on Jason is mos-def upside down. Also, I think if the machete was in his hand, it'd be a little more clear that the tiki-god was chasing off someone with a big knife... it sits a bit weird just placed there between them. And while I'm picking you apart, if you could get a little more fear in Jason's eyes, it'd be great... that smiley mask makes the "ohmigod I'm being chased" look more difficult to pick up.

Otherwise good stuff... definitely get the hand fixed up and you could possibly see a spark up the charts with it when you resub.



Thanks AdderXYU , I drew an additional hand after the fact and transformed it onto the existing image...upside down. This went completely unnoticed until you mentioned it. I took your other suggestions into consideration, re-worked the image, and re-submitted. Thanks again for the heads up.


cannibal0306tiki


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cannibal0306tiki
Re: The Pig Fights Back



I love this shirt! I wish I could vote, hopefully it will be my first Woot. Good luck!

Wonderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: Mine is Scarier (RESUB)



Awesome! I never noticed the little eyes instead the tiki mask! I hope this does well, I can see a family member enjoying a shirt like this.

ctajc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctajc
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)



LOve the humor here!

ctajc


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctajc
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms



Once again, your entry is awesome!

Wonderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: PandaSnacks



This looks too high on the shirt to be in the printable area. You might want to move it down and re submit.

cannibal0306tiki


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cannibal0306tiki
Re: Mine is Scarier (RESUB)




Ah, yeah, what the heck does this have to do with a luau?

cannibal0306tiki


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cannibal0306tiki
Re: Polynesian Mermaid




Way cute!

Wonderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
Re: PandaSnacks



Ok, not trying to harp but because of the size, if you move it down so it is printable it will be in a weird position on women. (I should know, I have a shirt that is very upper side heavy and I don't like wearing it much). So I would suggest either making it large and center or smaller for a pocket placement. ;)

I like the panda.

MostBestestBuddy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
Wonderbunny wrote:Ok, not trying to harp but because of the size, if you move it down so it is printable it will be in a weird position on women. (I should know, I have a shirt that is very upper side heavy and I don't like wearing it much). So I would suggest either making it large and center or smaller for a pocket placement. ;)

I like the panda.



thank you
will resub, with detail, do you think would be too small on pocket?

Wonderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
cannibal0306tiki wrote:Ah, yeah, what the heck does this have to do with a luau?



You could ask the same thing about what a tiki squid or island sunset has to do with a luau. I think it is on topic - far left of the topic but still on topic.

ruesifus


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ruesifus
dekonstruct wrote:wow, what is it about houndstooth that keeps it coming back?


Especialy since it hasn't taken a place in the fog yet! Cheesesandwich's was printed as an Editors Choice. Methinks it is because is a iconic pattern that people instantly recognize. I think it is classy.

SailorButterfly


quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
Re: Coconut Wonder



Ooh...no shirt placement, so we get to guess.

On the bottom back of the shirt? >: )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Re: Tiki Gods Bless This Limbo Pole



excellent use of limited color yo. pops.

Wonderbunny


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wonderbunny
MostBestestBuddy wrote:thank you
will resub, with detail, do you think would be too small on pocket?



I think if you tone the green down just a touch, having it large will work out really well. I think you lose something if you make it much smaller. I would recommend not making it huge but centered and maybe one or two inches larger everywhere.

blahmcblah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)



Fantastic and hilarious, Edgar, as usual. :D


dsb411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsb411
Re: Bobby, put that back before Greg goes surfing...


Fixed to avoid the Ban-Hammer...


GoldBerry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: Hula Time



Thank you both, Chris and Meh! I'm glad you like it.

kdeuce


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdeuce
Re: Ku



AKA Ku-ka-ili-moku "Seizer of Land". One bad ass tiki.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
cannibal0306tiki wrote:Ah, yeah, what the heck does this have to do with a luau?



The tiki god gives it a Hawaiian flair, which is more than I can say for most of the beach sunset things. It's a little outside the box, but I think that's what could give it an edge against other entries this week, since many if not most have gone very tired directions with the theme.

and I agree re: the eyes in the mask

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Luau Girl



This is astounding. The color choices, the style, everything.

Carpe shirtem!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Drakxxx wrote:Thanks AdderXYU , I drew an additional hand after the fact and transformed it onto the existing image...upside down. This went completely unnoticed until you mentioned it. I took your other suggestions into consideration, re-worked the image, and re-submitted. Thanks again for the heads up.



no prob.

I'd recommend hitting the little red X above the first one with the incorrect hand to remove it, in that case, so you don't split votes (and so you can remove proof of the mistake )

boni


quality posts: 2 Private Messages boni
Re: Liquid Hibiscus



I am thoroughly embarrassed to be part of a community that would treat a fairly recent addition like this just because her design is doing well.
Particularly since it is someone I encouraged to join. Yes, she used the same flower to create a pattern, but it worked because the flower was very well drawn and color was used exceptionally well. She has neither the time nor the resources that most of you use to create your designs - having a more than full time job, a family, and only paper, pencil, an old scanner and Photoshop Elements to work with and yet, she still manages to create designs that people like.
I loved the idea of shirt.woot... I think it could have been a great place to have fun with design and offer encouragement and support to those new to the game, but that isn't what it is...
Congratulations, bv, on being in the fog… I wish you the best of luck!
And thus ends my interest in anything shirt.woot related...

Andy47240


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Polynesian Mermaid


This is very good illustration. I would love to see other examples of this kind of work if you have any.



AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Re: eventide



This truly evokes the south pacific, and not some cattail marsh by Hick's Lake in South Carolina.

sayah


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sayah
Re: (Title eaten by giant fruit.)



The best Edgar ever....bar none.

Well played sir.

AnnaJo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Re: Tiki Beast from 50 Fathoms



This is great. I love the illustration style. I also love your color usage, they really look like they are under water. Kudos!

hasdgfas


quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
boni wrote:I am thoroughly embarrassed to be part of a community that would treat a fairly recent addition like this just because her design is doing well.
Particularly since it is someone I encouraged to join. Yes, she used the same flower to create a pattern, but it worked because the flower was very well drawn and color was used exceptionally well. She has neither the time nor the resources that most of you use to create your designs - having a more than full time job, a family, and only paper, pencil, an old scanner and Photoshop Elements to work with and yet, she still manages to create designs that people like.
I loved the idea of shirt.woot... I think it could have been a great place to have fun with design and offer encouragement and support to those new to the game, but that isn't what it is...
Congratulations, bv, on being in the fog… I wish you the best of luck!
And thus ends my interest in anything shirt.woot related...



It has nothing to do with the fact that she's new or that the design is doing well. It's just unoriginal. Flowers can be done well, and I would love to see a really creative flower design for this derby, but I don't think this is it. I understand that she might not have the same amount of time as some other people. The thing is, I didn't know she was new. I'm tired of people pandering to voters by doing things that end up winning every single week. I'm more than happy to give people advice and encouragement if they're new, but most people don't want it or act all hurt when they're given any criticism, whether or not it's justified.

That said, I like the idea of the design, but I feel more could be done with it. It could flow better, especially by changing up the flowers a bit and doing some more transition-y things. I'm not a designer, so I don't have any specifics, but as a shirt-wearer, I'm tired of the "X flowers" designs. Add something to it. Give it your own style and flair. That can't be done with copy/paste.

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Very beautiful shirt. I can just sit here and be entertained by the lines and the colors. Job well done guys!


theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I enjoy all of the details in this so much. Wonderful work and GMV.


DavidShenoda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
tgentry wrote:I posted this earlier, but somehow ended up somewhere else. I think is an awesome design too. My only suggestion would be to remove the beach chairs. It keeps it from having that epic, iconic feel. But it got my vote!



Thanks everybody for the feedback. I agree with you conceptually about the chairs, but then where am i gonna lay down to sleep since I didn't sleep at all last night while I was making this.