+ Add a Comment

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd vote for it, but the cut-off point really kills the design. Sorry :\

kjdal88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjdal88

Ha Ha! Love it! GMV

Sophers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sophers
Re: I've Got Heart...plus some other stuff

why is the heart in the center?

ZackieV

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZackieV
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

Spaceballs! F yeah!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
hmmxkrazee wrote:Great design tgentry.. as always..

And who are you fHalcyon? Are you eHalcyon? A wannabe? I'm confused.

f is not me. Someone along the lines of the Adder impersonator, I guess. There's also a cHalcyon out there. I don't know why people would want to use my name, but it's an honour, sort of.

I really like this Mr. Gentry. The only thing that could make this better would be a golden goose in his arms. You've gmv anyway though. I'm still undecided but I've been waiting for my first olive tee...

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

penclskrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penclskrt
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

shading is fantastic! well done.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Human Black Hole

Human Black Hole

bluffstudio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluffstudio
reparoby wrote:it's fabulous

Truly, this is an awesome shirt. Perfect for Halloween AND Christmas.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB

Fantastic!!

kiliaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiliaa

I love this design. I think it works as a costume (and I got the concept right away, even without the title), but you could also wear it just as a cool shirt. I don't particularly love the idea of "holiday" designs that I can only wear once a year, and I would totally wear this shirt on a normal day. Great work, tgentry!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

wow, i've never seen a hand coming out of a shirt before. this is totally original!

SydneyB

jewelwing wrote:

I can just imagine a guy wearing this and someone is like "why aren't you wearing a costume?" and he pulls a set of hands out of his pocket, sticks them on his nose and is like "what now?"

ROFL!! I was going to vote anyway - the mouse on the pendulum got me! But this explanation just finishes selling it! Heheh.

SydneyB

Re: I'm a classic payphone

If it were classic, it would have a rotary dial.

SydneyB

taylormorgan wrote:Not responsible for people grabbing and violently shaking you.

Hehehehehe, Cute, original design

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
jewelwing wrote:Thanks for the nice comments everyone. This clock is one of my favorite things. I got it from my grandparents and they had it forever before that. Then once the drawing was done I thought a little mouse would be a nice touch.

I can just imagine a guy wearing this and someone is like "why aren't you wearing a costume?" and he pulls a set of hands out of his pocket, sticks them on his nose and is like "what now?"

What, like human hands? That would be scary.

Great idea, great design. That's a pretty wonderful mouse.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

shutts67

quality posts: 19 Private Messages shutts67
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

Yet another shirt that would look better on silver... ::Giant Exhale::

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm
Re: Caring Bear

Be a caring bear for Halloween. If you don't remember, the blue one was the coolest.

jschway901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschway901
Re: Caring Bear

hhhaaa hhaa blast from the past! Great job!

jschway901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschway901
Re: Water

Reminds me of an Adam shirt! If it was a few inches over!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
shutts67 wrote:Yet another shirt that would look better on silver... ::Giant Exhale::

Yeah, this is going to look orbs on heather gray. Good thing wooters don't think!

Stay the course, wooters! You are on your way to yet another victory over well-conceived artistry!

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
poohyuki wrote:Completely from The Office, but hell, I'm voting anyway.

Hope this doesn't get rejected! D:

What??? No Necktie???
Yeah, I love big tuna too... :c)

Iambusyeating

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iambusyeating
Re: I Am Phelps

Good job. I tried to make almost this same shirt and gave up. Also smart move with the three rings, apparently any combination of five rings is copyrighted. Olympic jerk lawyers.

whateva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whateva
Re: Fresh from the Shower

I should probably get in the shower after trying for hours to figure out how you guys do this every week.

Ok, so I'm very new at this and I would appreciate any constructive criticism. I'd really like to learn how to do this the right way. I know my first problem is I don't have the proper software and I will work that out within the next week or so. If there is a site that anyone knows of that could give me some direction, I would love that.

Thanks in advance,
Whateva

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Stars Upon Thars

I designed this shirt based on the great Dr. Seuss poem, "The Sneetches."

To quote:

Now the Star-bellied Sneetches had bellies with stars.
The Plain-bellied Sneetches had none upon thars.
The stars weren't so big; they were really quite small.
You would think such a thing wouldn't matter at all.

elpepe

quality posts: 13 Private Messages elpepe

I'm not sure this is "incidental" text. This is more like "central theme" text.

Anyway, I'm not one to tattle -- I don't think there should be ANY restrictions, EVER, as I have mentioned in the forums.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

Awsome sketchy style (as always ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

ChaosFox0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ChaosFox0
lexingtondk wrote:My girlfriend wants one. GMV

I think it's pouch shadow. And I love this one!

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

i just cant stop thinking about the HUGE ammount of ink right where it wont uh "fit well" over a woman.
i feel kinda like derek and gentry that its strangely endearing, but ive a nagging suspicion it will be rejected anyway.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
Re: I Am Phelps

this could only be better if not restricted by woots printing rules.
so many of these designs are made l ame by not being able to print around the neck

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

This is adorable. It's too bad woot can't print right below the collar, because a little bow tie would absolutely put this over the top.

lexingtondk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexingtondk
Shigwarm wrote:Be a caring bear for Halloween. If you don't remember, the blue one was the coolest.

I would buy it!

poohyuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohyuki
Re: UniPWNed

llo. Awesome.

lexingtondk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lexingtondk
whateva wrote:I should probably get in the shower after trying for hours to figure out how you guys do this every week.

Ok, so I'm very new at this and I would appreciate any constructive criticism. I'd really like to learn how to do this the right way. I know my first problem is I don't have the proper software and I will work that out within the next week or so. If there is a site that anyone knows of that could give me some direction, I would love that.

Thanks in advance,
Whateva

I like your idea, but it's gonna get rejected for being outside the printable area. I'm sort of new here, too, and I don't know exactly how close you can get to the edges of the shirt, but I think you're safe if you imagine about 2 1/2 inches from the sides, bottom, and bottom of collar. Your maximum area is 16"x20", so you can hold a ruler up to an actual t-shirt to get an idea of your printable area.

Also, your 600x600 shirt comp is supposed to be the one that shows the image on a t-shirt outline. I think you got it swapped with the 240x240 design detail.

As for software, Inkscape and Gimp are both freeware and perfectly adequate for doing designs. You can google them to find the download sites right away. The forums for those programs have lots of tutorials on how to use them.

This is only my third week doing this, so I haven't settled into a regular process yet. I started by drawing my design on paper, then scanning it, then tracing it with my drawing tablet in Gimp. Now I just sketch it on the computer with the tablet from the beginning. It's much easier to shift a digital drawing around to get the layout you want before tracing over it in neat lines.

I use the caligraphy tool in Inkscape to do my drawing and coloring, because I have a dated computer, and Inkscape runs much faster than Gimp at high resolutions. As a last step, I use Gimp to do detailed touch-up and separate the colors into layers.

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: Stars Upon Thars

To help jog your memory...

whateva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whateva

thanks for all the info. I guess I didn't read all of the submission information. Okay I'll take all those things into consideration for one of the upcoming derbies.

I have a tablet and I have dogwaffle software. I'm just learning how to use it. I'll probably have to try a few different apps before I decide what I am comfortable using.

Thanks again,
kim

Nytefey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nytefey
Re: Sorry I'm Late ...

Love it, you have my vote!

micnormal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages micnormal
Re: Pirate Spokesman

After reading about the Somali pirate spokesman speaking with the AP, I thought, "Wow! I never knew that was a job!" I don't think that is an option on high school career placement tests, but now everyone can be an "official pirate spokesman".

Add an eyepatch and a bandana if you want to go all out on Halloween!

eastcobbler

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eastcobbler
Re: THUG LiFE

2PAC R.I.P.

cak3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cak3
Re: may the force be with me

awesome shirt, GMV. picture could use some anti-aliasing, though (or higher res.)

shadowfist

quality posts: 8 Private Messages shadowfist
Re: Welcome to the Digital world

oh, i love it! reminds me of the '8 bit tie' at thinkgeek.com