andrewlb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewlb
Re: Smile!

Ok I understand now

I'm only human

jimfrog67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimfrog67
DavidShenoda wrote:This is hilarious, but I gotta be honest it's flippin' ugly. I would wear it for halloween for sure, but never again - until next halloween. But it would be HellaCool for that one day!

Whaddayamean? You should totally wear it every time you go to the movies so that if, say, zombies attack the movie theatre, you can lay on the floor and be camouflaged, and they won't know you're there!

:-)

Love this shirt - wish it could win...

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy
talbotini wrote:thanks for the suggestion. I considered doing the under the shirt style, but if you watch the movie there are some parts where he wears a shirt over it, and there are some where he has it coming through the shirt. I thought it would be cooler to see the detail. One part in particular he is wearing a gray t-shirt like this one.

Right on, go with your gut. It's been awhile since I've seen the flick.

[/url]

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
rglee129 wrote:Cool! Very well done, I hope it gets more votes (got mine!)

Thanks robotking !

MostBestestBuddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MostBestestBuddy
Re: Gumball Machine

just noticed that you may have the wrong red for shirt color (on my screen anyway) just thought I'd give you a heads up, woot can be picky. This is the first time I've used red, but I used "Red #C60C30 / Pantone 186"

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: ...and then I was like BOOO!

So...... if woot rejects your design, does that mean that you are free to take that design and put it on Teefury or DBH or whatever? Sounds like plenty of people here would buy it there, including me.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
Jestik wrote:So...... if woot rejects your design, does that mean that you are free to take that design and put it on Teefury or DBH or whatever? Sounds like plenty of people here would buy it there, including me.

after 60 days he can submit it wherever he wants.

adamholwerda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages adamholwerda
Re: Dwarf-Back Ride

Hey guys. I had a hard time getting this from sketch to screen - but now that it's up, my only real goal is to break 100 votes. Can we do that?

When you wear this shirt, you're riding on the back of an imp. Or a dwarf. Or whatever little guy that is. I don't care. It's a costume inspired by this kid I went to elementary school, whose costumes were always awesome. His mom sewed them. One year he was a headless guy. One year he had two heads.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Wanted in the Woods

I actually like the use of asphalt here because it gives a feel of being in the woods at night during a full moon. Methinks its great!!!

P.S. I tried clicking on your signature, but there appears to be no link.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: I'M A DOOR MAT (WELCOME)

Go ahead, walk all over me.

farmerbob1111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages farmerbob1111

So is there a gradient on the sections coming out from the middle? would that slight of a gradient be printable? i cant really tell from the size of the detail image

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
adamholwerda wrote:Hey guys. I had a hard time getting this from sketch to screen - but now that it's up, my only real goal is to break 100 votes. Can we do that?

When you wear this shirt, you're riding on the back of an imp. Or a dwarf. Or whatever little guy that is. I don't care. It's a costume inspired by this kid I went to elementary school, whose costumes were always awesome. His mom sewed them. One year he was a headless guy. One year he had two heads.

pity vote?
alright ill give one... its not like some of those above you are more deserving of it.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
aerodino wrote:Go ahead, walk all over me.

I'm a rug everyday, I don't want to be one for Halloween too. l o l

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

Oh, man. I'm so sorry, David.

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55

Please keep trying David. I've been a fan since your first entry. I do agree though, not thinking this is incidental text (looking at other designs). I've never seen woot reverse a rejection though.

elpepe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages elpepe
vdingler wrote:me likey

I'd buy this one.

elfgirllana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfgirllana
Xanzibar wrote:Cute yet Menacing. GMV!!

Thanks! =)

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

How is this allowed? Its a blatant rip off

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22

QUiCK!! someone make a ninja one so i can buy it!
ninjas are way cooler then pirates!

Twistedmonkey22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twistedmonkey22
Re: You. Are. A pirate!

ok not sure how, but my post got attached to the wrong shirt, anyways,
someone should make a ninja one since ninjas are way cooler then pirates!

tgott6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgott6
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

I love this shirt...GMV, however... ♥♥♥I WANT Lassie shirt.♥♥♥ ..... I ♥ Lassie !!!!
I am new to this, is Lassie shirt ever going to go to print ? Possibly another t-shirt site?
Good Luck...tgentry........

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: bounty hunter

I like it. And, I really need to learn how to make my artwork flow with the shirt wrinkles like you have here. It looks great.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Paradox55 wrote:Please keep trying David. I've been a fan since your first entry. I do agree though, not thinking this is incidental text (looking at other designs). I've never seen woot reverse a rejection though.

I'm sorry for your misfortune as well David. I've only been competing for a short time, and I feel burned about a few things as well. it happens, but we'll be better for it as artists if we can get through it. Please don't give up man.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tgott6 wrote:I love this shirt...GMV, however... ♥♥♥I WANT Lassie shirt.♥♥♥ ..... I ♥ Lassie !!!!
I am new to this, is Lassie shirt ever going to go to print ? Possibly another t-shirt site?
Good Luck...tgentry........

Thanks tgott6. As for the Lassie shirt, I am planning on redoing the art for it and submitting to threadless or something. I actually didn't think it would do as well as it did and had only a couple of hours to put it together. I think with some improved art it might stand a better chance of getting printed somewhere. If/when it ends up somewhere else I'll post something about. Thanks for the interest!

ciro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciro
bradyson wrote:I actually like the use of asphalt here because it gives a feel of being in the woods at night during a full moon. Methinks its great!!!

P.S. I tried clicking on your signature, but there appears to be no link.

Thanks! That was the reasoning behind the grey, and mostly because when I paint my trees tend to be more grey than brown. That link doesn't work sorry about that

leelaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leelaaa
Urtawkin2adork83 wrote:How is this allowed? Its a blatant rip off

how has this not been rejected?

kjdal88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjdal88
victimlesmurder wrote:I'd be happier if all shirt submissions were Zelda and Nintendo references but that's just me. There is always room in my closet for another Link shirt.

Ha Ha, Very True.

lareign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lareign
DavidShenoda wrote:Quote from WOOT's own rules "Text is ok as long as it's part of a larger design"
Well W T F do you think the rest of the shirt is?!
Not to mention you wait till the 4th day of voting to reject it. It's not like it was down out the bottom somewhere. Seems pretty obvious to me!

Take it back woot, or at least let it be a daily. I swear I'm done with you if you won't.

David, I think you're a talented designer, and it's admirable that you want to win badly. But attempting to threaten Woot? I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish there. I hope you can come back and realize it's not personal when you're rejected, be it due to non-incidental text or not quite enough votes.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

Originally I would have considered the text bubble NOT to be incidental text, but Woot let it go before. Just one more inconsistent wrench thrown into the derby rules, I guess.

David, you could have resubmitted it wthout the speech bubble and still had a shot. Monday entries have won plenty of times before, especially fixed resubs of rejected entries.

And yeah... I don't think Woot is out to get you. You're not the first to be rejected from the fog. Derek for one has had it happen to him plenty.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

DarkSideMoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DarkSideMoon

I work at a movie theater so.. GMV

PS. Please take your trash with you on the way out....

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Hey, all, just thought I'd weigh in on the controversy, b/c I apparently have no life

I don't condone how Dave reacted to the criticism; it definitely had the effect of escalating tensions, and it really just took the situation to a much nastier place than it needed to go.

That being said, would it just KILL everyone on the forums to be a _little_ nicer? That goes to Dave, obviously, but to (some of) his critics, too. It was only a matter of time before a thin-skinned artist just completely lost his or her mind and decided to go tit-for-tat with the critics.

And, to the critics, we all know there's constructive and non-constructive criticism. It doesn't take very much effort to not be a jerkface. So that's my advice: don't be a jerkface. Note that I don't think everyone on this thread who was criticizing was being a jerkface, so please don't respond to me with an "I was being helpful--YOU'RE the jerkface". If you were being helpful, that's awesome! Keep it up

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
Re: Yabba Dabba Doo!

Ha! I love it! Good idea :o)

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: Instant Dragon

The costume example is great! I want a T-Rex one! Hmmm T-Rexes (Rexi?) could have been red...

jschway901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jschway901
jimfrog67 wrote:Whaddayamean? You should totally wear it every time you go to the movies so that if, say, zombies attack the movie theatre, you can lay on the floor and be camouflaged, and they won't know you're there!

:-)

Love this shirt - wish it could win...

I wish it COULD win also... Only 300 more votes and Im in!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Oh no..! What a sad surprise. It seems like your past this point, but I do want to encourage you to look past it and keep submitting, David. Keep your chin up.

StewieGilligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StewieGilligan
eHalcyon wrote:Originally I would have considered the text bubble NOT to be incidental text, but Woot let it go before. Just one more inconsistent wrench thrown into the derby rules, I guess.

David, you could have resubmitted it wthout the speech bubble and still had a shot. Monday entries have won plenty of times before, especially fixed resubs of rejected entries.

And yeah... I don't think Woot is out to get you. You're not the first to be rejected from the fog. Derek for one has had it happen to him plenty.

This is so very intriguing, (& confusing), is "THIS SIDE UP" incidental text?

Just asking?

jschway901

Re: Yabba Dabba Doo!

Yes! That rocks!

jschway901

Re: I have a long neck I am a giraffe!

You comp does not do this justice! Dang it! I really like this.

StewieGilligan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StewieGilligan
eharmon wrote:The Black Hole is cool, but I'm not sure I understand how this is a costume.

Yeah, I get the little green guy/giant one and like it, but this one???

kagreeley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kagreeley
Re: PRESS MY BUTTONS

i will buy this and wear it for all of eternity.