+ Add a Comment

ack154

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ack154

scuzzmaster11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scuzzmaster11

it is the pinky that totally makes this great. nice work, gmv.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Re: Escaped Convict!

For the person who wants to wear a normal shirt, but give the impression they are actually a dangerous felon on the inside. Made to look like you ripped the t-shirt you covered up your orange duds with on the barbed wire as you escaped...

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse

ROFL! I think it looks fine the way it is. I don't think they can really take this out for copyright. Just hope no one has done it already =P. I would sooo wear this on Halloween while I'm giving out candy to the kids.

EPMailman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EPMailman
Re: The Dark Night

Nice bat

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

derekfilley wrote:I feel like I should be snobbishly condemning any design that uses the old 'nostalgia for nintendo products' card, but all I can find myself doing with this shirt is slowly wanting to buy it more and more...

I have to say I'm with you on that. I feel like I should dislike it but there's just something 'right' about it. It works really well. If/when it wins, I'll be hard pressed to blame the voters and might even have to get one.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Re: Roar!

I had to enter something.

Tirann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tirann
Re: I Always Wanted to Be an Arcade Cabinet

I once saw someone dressed for Halloween as a working Pacman Arcade Cabinet. Every since then I have always wanted to do the same costume, consisting of a cardboard case and an LCD monitor for the screen. Fortunately, this shirt is the next best thing. Click below to see it in high-res.

Click Here For Detail!

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
Tirann wrote:I once saw someone dressed for Halloween as a working Pacman Arcade Cabinet. Every since then I have always wanted to do the same costume, consisting of a cardboard case and an LCD monitor for the screen. Fortunately, this shirt is the next best thing. Click below to see it in high-res.

Click Here For Detail!

You did an awesome job with this Tirann, but unfortunatly Woot has a PacMan ban in the derbys. It ill probably get rejected, but if it does, I would just pick a different game from that era and re-enter.

naiad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naiad

I definitely didn't see that when I submitted this shirt. I got the idea for an etch-a-sketch shirt and I thought it would be perfect and easy for a red shirt. Afterward, I was trying to decide what I wanted to put inside the frame (because a blank etch-a-sketch is kind of male), and I thought it would be funny to use Escher. I've always been an Escher fan, and this pencil sketch is well-suited to the look of the toy, and I thought it'd be funny to have a drawing within a drawing. It was only until I was trying to think of a title that I realized the pun.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5
ack154 wrote:Already done... sort of:

http://www.80stees.com/products/Iron-Man-Costume-T-shirt.asp?val=CleverSet

This would be the new movie costume, not the old comic book one. Just in case. I can handle the rejection.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so very tempted...I'm crazy about LoZ stuff. I even bought LoZ manga that's in Japanese even though I can't read it! If you did Oni Link's armor I would freak out...but I think that would be taken down for copyright issues ='(.

(I <3 Oni Link)

RedHeadedGoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedHeadedGoddess
Re: BE THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I just ask, why is the design and the shirts different dimensions?

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Tennis, Anyone?

Who said you need expensive polos and sweaters to be preppy?

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

naiad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naiad

I definitely did not see that before I submitted this shirt. I got the idea for an etch-a-sketch shirt because I thought it'd be perfect for a red t-shirt and easy to do. When I was trying to figure out what to put in the frame (a blank etch-a-sketch) is kind of boring, I wanted to do an iconic piece of art because I thought that would appeal to more people. I've always been an Escher fan, I thought this pencil sketch would be well suited to the way the toy's drawings look, and I thought it was funny to have a sketch within a sketch within a sketch. It wasn't until I was trying to think of a title that I realized the pun of "Escher A Sketch," and then it was too good not to use. I did not mean any plagiarism, I was just unlucky enough not to come up with the idea first.

RedHeadedGoddess

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RedHeadedGoddess
lexingtondk wrote:My girlfriend wants one. GMV

your girlfriend wanted slashes on a shirt?

poohyuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poohyuki
Re: Three Hole Punch You

Completely from The Office, but hell, I'm voting anyway.

Hope this doesn't get rejected! D:

78LAYERS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 78LAYERS
klawrence wrote:Why do I want to wear this to work? Resub so we can vote on it!

Thanks for the props. I resubmitted a couple of hours later. Unfortunately I lost a fair amount of votes, but this is my 1st woot shirt, so it is what it is. Next time!

Thanks again,
78Layers

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
agreatrandom wrote:This would look awesome in glow in the dark. And they've done it in the past, so why not now?

That wasn't a derby entry but rather, a Daily Print. Derby entries are not allowed to request GITD printing. (even though they allow some things for dailies, they have stricter limitations on the derby entries)

boojits

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boojits

I love, love, LOVE this!

badTchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages badTchap
Re: MUMMY! resub

My idea was to make a costume that is typically not environmentally friendly a little greener. Because this way it saves all that TP, get it?

Also wasn't happy with my original image so I decided to resub. Any comments are welcome!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Devil Inside

Awesome design! I had a similar idea, and after seeing yours, I know I'd do best to let it go... no way I can beat this! I love it and hope it goes all the way up, good luck!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: My Heart is an Open Bookshelf

wow RM18, you're cranking out the submissions! Good work all.

jewelwing

Re: cair bear

I agree - it should be bigger. And centered. I like it though. Can't remember what the blue bear's name was tho.

CAMMS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CAMMS
Re: Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!

Excellent, voted!

sfabro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfabro
Re: corner pocket

8 ball, corner pocket

great job!

kjdal88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjdal88

Wow this shirt is awesome. So many people bash retro gaming shirts because people have made shirts in the same category before, but when you click to vote on something it says "I want one" not "I vote that this shirt is the most original and artistic in the derby". Thats right, if you want to win make a shirt that people will buy, not the one that you would see hanging in an art gallery. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. This shirt is awesome. When it wins I'll definitely buy it. GMV.

jewelwing

Re: Snowman

If you wanted to put just a little effort in, you could put your own red scarf around your neck and then it'd be the perfect costume!

hNgraya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hNgraya
Re: corner pocket

Clever. =o)

jessison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jessison
Re: Marathon Spectator

cute. I'm in

hNgraya

Re: DUDE, You're a Clock!

That mouse is so cute!

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron
Re: I Am Phelps

Nice! I like this the way it is - clean, simple & makes the point. This is on navy, right? I like the idea of the creme shirt, but I think this is something more people would wear.

dsladek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dsladek

great work! really, wonderful concept and execution. you have got my vote sir.

hNgraya

Re: Mano, Hand of Fate

You did an amazing job on this! =o)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Steelman

Steelman? not Stuporman? ;^)

calbach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calbach
Re: Exposed

I think it looks great. I'm not sure how many people are willing to commit to something this graphic though.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: McAlien!!! (RESUB)

heh. The tongue is not nearly long enough.

gallifreyanarchangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gallifreyanarchangel
Re: Darling, it's better down where it's wetter1

I love this. It so would be my costume.

TwoSolomons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TwoSolomons
Re: They call me Ben, Big Ben.

I bet you've always wanted to be a large British clock... Well here is your opportunity!