yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
TimScribble wrote:I didnt get my woot issued panties, was that in the woot off?

Yeah, but don't worry. They were "recertified".

Hoffpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hoffpa

Im angry... i went out for a beer with a friend and came back at 1:30 the first thing i did was check woot and it was already sold out. you all can SUCK IT

ShadowSquared

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ShadowSquared
yankeebird wrote:Yeah, but don't worry. They were "recertified".

Yea, and they weren't even compatible with Macs.

function numberofWOOTs_Callback(hObject, eventdata, handles)

number_of_WOOTs = str2double(get(hObject,'string'));

Qriz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Qriz

I love how such a simple design can kick so much ass

icecue7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icecue7

Looks cool, but I don't think I'd ever wear it. Not that it matters though, since it's already sold out (though I could order it when it's $15). And I already order a shirt from TeeFury, so I think that's my limit for the week.

Icebird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Icebird

This just has to be breaking some kind of copyright I would think.

TimScribble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimScribble
ShadowSquared wrote:Yea, and they weren't even compatible with Macs.

Did they come with underwear roombas? Guaranteed to remove all skid marks.

sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4
yankeebird wrote:Yeah, but don't worry. They were "recertified".

so gross....but so funny!

br00klyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages br00klyn
bjave wrote:sorry, dudette

& I hope the day turns around for ya! It's F-r-i-d-a-y!!! Whoo Hooooooo!!!

Little bit -o- love from Ohio!!!

It does make it a little better that its Friday, and I'll be ordering this shirt for my bro when its avail!
Thanks for the love... a little love to you to from Wisconsin

alihoopz43

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alihoopz43

darn it! this is the first shirt i would actually consider buying!

kihou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kihou

Dang it why didn't I check this earlier!! Oh well, nice print :D

Matingas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matingas

lulz.. the Videogame industry is sneaking behind the movie industry in terms of how much money they make.. its bigger now than before .. and its only getting bigger

new videogamers piss me off cuz they think XBOX is the coolest thing ever.. and its NINTENDO all the way.. I used to play tetris on a gameboy and i just got tetris party on the wii (recommend it to everyone)

anyway.. about the age thing .. I've been playing video games since I was 2 years old (.... actually playing.. not how you trick lil kids on thinking they are playing)
I'm 22 years old .. and it doesn't affect my social life what so ever... I work everyday and talk to a lot of people .. then night times come home get high, watch tv. play wii and check woot at 10 pm (west coast!) ... on the weekends I play videogames all day and party all nite and I'm a proud nerd.. but no one believes my passion for it

I got a TRIFORCE tattoo! >.>
enough about my life.. cant wait to have this shirt

sigh i just feel like typing a lot

SirFarceur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirFarceur

Aren't all hobbies., in one way or another, just a form of "escapism."

I'm an English emphasis on Literature/ Philosophy major. Trust me, you can put a spin on any idea that isn't grounded solidly in the bedrock of hard fact.

That said; I got one last night, and went to bed.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
SirFarceur wrote:Aren't all hobbies., in one way or another, just a form of "escapism."

I'm an English emphasis on Literature/ Philosophy major. Trust me, you can put a spin on any idea that isn't grounded solidly in the bedrock of hard fact.

That said; I got one last night, and went to bed.

I'm using Woot as escapism from my job right now......

Carpe shirtem!

DeathBot1406

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DeathBot1406
iris420 wrote:I'm using Woot as escapism from my job right now......

HAHAHAH!!! Me too!!! Honestly, I am very addicted to woot during work hours!!!

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed

Husband comes to bed at one in the morning, east coast time, and doesn't check shirt.woot. Shame on him. This is the only derby contender I was interested in. I guess I'll take solace in my Bandolier of Carrots shirt and random carp I scored in yesterdays wootoff.

OrangeBug

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OrangeBug

Okay, I'm over 50.

I don't get this shirt. There must be something very cool and obvious to Gen Y's but this Boomer is totally out of the loop.

Would someone please explain this one?

ShadowSquared

Also, no need for personal attacks. I haven't attacked any of you, and I am rather enjoying this discussion.

Deeger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deeger

The shirts sold out nearly 12 hours ago, and the cats haven't invaded yet. Is everyone feeling alright?

ShadowSquared

thewronggrape wrote:ORLY?

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20081022-study-squashes-myth-of-gamer-as-antisocial-comic-book-guy.html

I'm sorry, but I cannot accept this study as a valid study. It has a clear bias with a financial interest:

"Together with IGN Entertainment, Ipsos MediaCT published the study entitled "Are You Game?". "

paulayee9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulayee9

carp 14 hours too late!
if i checked last nite i wouldve bought it!
i <3 nintendo! llo

woot woot! ya digg??

mfnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfnc
OrangeBug wrote:Okay, I'm over 50.

I don't get this shirt. There must be something very cool and obvious to Gen Y's but this Boomer is totally out of the loop.

nightflesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightflesh

This is worse than the "sound" shirt. Stop using simple concepts and make something worth the effort.

Nice sell out though.

whitey9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whitey9
sjgilbert4 wrote:I love the people who are spouting off about "this isn't a real woot shirt!".....well, woot's sellign it, so it's a woot shirt. if you can find the "what make a shirt a woot shirt" guidelines you're referencing, I'm sure te rest of us would love to see them.

This is what's called a 'straw man' argument. Nobody said it wasn't a woot shirt, they said it was uninspired, unoriginal, borderline copyright infringement. Which it is.

ThaDuke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ThaDuke
Killerskillet wrote:Yeah, that tin-man vs. C3PO shirt was dreadful. Not even Hot Topic customers would have bought that shirt. Anyway, Thanks again woot for allowing another shirt that I can wear more than once a week and get more than a half-smirk wearing.

Y'all are just plain ignorant - Yes I love Star Wars and C3PO as much as the next guy, but the Wizard of Oz was a truly great film (yes, yes, much too old for all you young knuckleheads to take a minute and watch a classic) and had you been around to see it come out, you too would have been singing the munchkin songs - but instead, you run around LARPing in your Jedi outfits . . . . Pathetic. I'm only 30 and love both movies. I loved that shirt (the thought of the Tin Man kicking C3PO's ass was hilarious - C3PO is a bit of a whiner anyways). I bought that shirt. Funny. . . .everyone asks where it came from and wishes it was as simple as going to Hot Topic to get it!

ThaDuke

nightflesh wrote:This is worse than the "sound" shirt. Stop using simple concepts and make something worth the effort.

Nice sell out though.

Since when did simple become a bad thing - and think about it . . . one artist spends hours and hours and produces carp that got few to no votes (cuz most of us don't wear shirts with Manos, the Hands of Fate all over them) and this guy spent probably an hour at most and took the derby. . . . now, you tell me who's effort was worth it?????????????

I actually liked the sound shirt - it was a good use of an object (sound waves) to get the point across - but the reason I bought it was that it looks like a joint from farther away hahahaha

Poopelyse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poopelyse

seriously? it sold out in the 1 o' clock hour?! that's a shame because I really wanted this shirt!!! poops.

Bendial80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bendial80

i would never wear this in public, period.

TheCrowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrowing

My biggest gripe is that the derby only produces shirts on 3 out of 7 days in the week, so it's disappointing whenever an interesting theme comes up and one of the top spots is taken by a design that was less than inspired, leaving a much better shirt either in fourth place or out of the fog entirely. As a consumer, it makes me feel like I'm being robbed of a superior product.

Take into account that I'm getting Woot Shirts shipped to me in Canada, which means A) I pay more for the shirts regardless of when I buy them and B) I have to wait at least a month before they even get here, and I think I'm in the right when I get up in arms about something like this.

(P.S. A note about copyright infringement. Someone else stated that the design patent on the Game Boy expired a number of years ago so no, the design is technically not trespassing on copyright, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't "stolen" on some intellectual level. And if you're going to steal, you might as well steal something that no one ever thought of stealing before.)

ThaDuke

TheCrowing wrote:My biggest gripe is that the derby only produces shirts on 3 out of 7 days in the week, so it's disappointing whenever an interesting theme comes up and one of the top spots is taken by a design that was less than inspired, leaving a much better shirt either in fourth place or out of the fog entirely. As a consumer, it makes me feel like I'm being robbed of a superior product.

Take into account that I'm getting Woot Shirts shipped to me in Canada, which means A) I pay more for the shirts regardless of when I buy them and B) I have to wait at least a month before they even get here, and I think I'm in the right when I get up in arms about something like this.

(P.S. A note about copyright infringement. Someone else stated that the design patent on the Game Boy expired a number of years ago so no, the design is technically not trespassing on copyright, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't "stolen" on some intellectual level. And if you're going to steal, you might as well steal something that no one ever thought of stealing before.)

I agree, that when a shirt that you really want doesn't make it or, even worse, almost makes it, it is disappointing. And I am sorry to hear that that is the case for you in Canada, Does it really take a month? I guess it takes about 10 days for me.

But being that this was a Halloween Costume derby, wouldn't it be safe to say that every shirt idea was "stolen" on some intellectual level. (unless a completely original, never-been-thought-up-before idea?)

SirFarceur

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SirFarceur
OrangeBug wrote:Okay, I'm over 50.

No problem, it's really more of a late Gen X, early Gen Y thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gameboy

TheCrowing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCrowing
ThaDuke wrote:But being that this was a Halloween Costume derby, wouldn't it be safe to say that every shirt idea was "stolen" on some intellectual level. (unless a completely original, never-been-thought-up-before idea?)

Well, let's use the pirate shirt compared to the Game Boy one as an example. What's the difference? The difference is that a Game Boy is a Game Boy. It can never be anything more, anything less. It is a Game Boy. If you see a Game Boy on a poster and then another one in a commercial, they're both the same Game Boy.

Compare that to the pirate (or snowman or kangaroo, for that matter), which is not an exclusive design. There are fancy pirates and ratty pirates. There are those who carry swords and those who carry guns. Some have peg legs, some were a little more fortunate. You see where I'm going with this. Using a pirate design leaves the artist some creative license, whereas ripping a Game Boy design right off of the console doesn't.

As for the shipping - yeah, it's pretty brutal. Even processing times seem to be ridiculous. There are shirts that I ordered over a week ago that still haven't been shipped, so right now it's looking like it'll be closer to 5 or 6 weeks after payment that I get my product.

utaka95

quality posts: 1 Private Messages utaka95

I guess I am getting old, cuz to me this one of lamest shirts I've seen on here lately. And it sold out in an hour and a half! A pair of undies made to look like the Atari 2600 joystick would be cooler than this!

sjgilbert4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjgilbert4
whitey9 wrote:This is what's called a 'straw man' argument. Nobody said it wasn't a woot shirt, they said it was uninspired, unoriginal, borderline copyright infringement. Which it is.

straw man this:

sstrunks5555 wrote: I also don't see how SO MANY PEOPLE could possibly support a shirt like this. It's not wootish. It's not a shirt you'd look at and go "Hey, that's a woot shirt!" It's not cute or witty or anything, it's just a blatant ripoff of someone else's work. But who cares, because it makes us money, right? Right. GG.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
TheCrowing wrote:My biggest gripe is that the derby only produces shirts on 3 out of 7 days in the week, so it's disappointing whenever an interesting theme comes up and one of the top spots is taken by a design that was less than inspired, leaving a much better shirt either in fourth place or out of the fog entirely. As a consumer, it makes me feel like I'm being robbed of a superior product.

Who's to say if a design is "less than inspired?" It seems to have inspired over 1,000 people to vote for it and quite a few people to buy it.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007

This completely reminds me of my dad! He picked up my brothers gameboy one day and started playing tetris and became addicted to it. From that point on, my dad laid claim to the gameboy and it eventually became his. He would even call me to brag if he had beaten my previous high score. Unfortunately, I don't think he'd wear this t-shirt, but it still makes me laugh.

tinkochu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinkochu

... who would buy this? apparently a lot of people on WOOT are nerds

OrangeBug

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OrangeBug

Thanks, now I get it.

That is pretty cool. But joystick boxers would be a blast!

Emulhern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emulhern

Nice! I'd totally get it if I had money. But sadly, college vacuums money from you and does not give it back. Good work though. :D