Emulhern

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Emulhern
tinkochu wrote:... who would buy this? apparently a lot of people on WOOT are nerds

Nothing wrong with a little bit of nerd. :P

nightflesh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightflesh
ThaDuke wrote:Since when did simple become a bad thing - and think about it . . . one artist spends hours and hours and produces carp that got few to no votes (cuz most of us don't wear shirts with Manos, the Hands of Fate all over them) and this guy spent probably an hour at most and took the derby. . . . now, you tell me who's effort was worth it?????????????

I actually liked the sound shirt - it was a good use of an object (sound waves) to get the point across - but the reason I bought it was that it looks like a joint from farther away hahahaha

This shirt probably took 5 minutes to make, nothing more. Eat your own words, no one said it was a bad thing. This is just a waste to the people whom actually tried hard to make a nice design, instead get beat by something like this.

I've already thought about it, a shirt like this would be laughed at if seen in public. It's a shame that people actually voted for this. I didn't see the derby (I was on vacation) but I know there were at least 5 different designs better than this.

Simple designs for simple minds.

icecue7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icecue7
Emulhern wrote:Nothing wrong with a little bit of nerd. :P

True, but I think this shirt is a little more than a little bit nerdy. Of course, this is just my opinion and obviously not shared by everyone since the shirt sold out.

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday
nightflesh wrote:This shirt probably took 5 minutes to make, nothing more. Eat your own words, no one said it was a bad thing. This is just a waste to the people whom actually tried hard to make a nice design, instead get beat by something like this.

I've already thought about it, a shirt like this would be laughed at if seen in public. It's a shame that people actually voted for this. I didn't see the derby (I was on vacation) but I know there were at least 5 different designs better than this.

Simple designs for simple minds.

Ridiculous to make the generalized statement that whoever likes this shirt design is 'simple.' Get over yourself. It's a tee shirt for Gawd's sakes. Everyone needs to calm themselves.

That said, I am pretty sure that after people laugh at this shirt, it will be followed up with "That's so awesome... where'd you get it?"

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac

My laptop went on the fritz early this monring so by the time I put the extra parts laying around the house together to make a ok working computer...the dang shirts were sold out! I wanted 2 of them too! Dang it!

KryseeMac

nightflesh wrote:This is worse than the "sound" shirt. Stop using simple concepts and make something worth the effort.

Nice sell out though.

Hey...I bought 2 of those 'sound' shirts and both the guys I gave them to liked them very much. My son likes the little quirks in it. He would have loved today's shirt. Wish I could have bought one before they sold out. He still has his original Gameboy by the way.

TAYLORT5

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TAYLORT5

I am not young enough to give this as a gift to anyone .

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Ok, I deleted it 3 times. Do you not get it? (24h) Personal attack/useless post.

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 20 hours and then try posting again.

KryseeMac

OrangeBug wrote:Thanks, now I get it.

That is pretty cool. But joystick boxers would be a blast!

Great....that was not a picture I really wanted to visualize.

dopey5007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopey5007
TheCrowing wrote:My biggest gripe is that the derby only produces shirts on 3 out of 7 days in the week, so it's disappointing whenever an interesting theme comes up and one of the top spots is taken by a design that was less than inspired, leaving a much better shirt either in fourth place or out of the fog entirely. As a consumer, it makes me feel like I'm being robbed of a superior product.

Take into account that I'm getting Woot Shirts shipped to me in Canada, which means A) I pay more for the shirts regardless of when I buy them and B) I have to wait at least a month before they even get here, and I think I'm in the right when I get up in arms about something like this.

(P.S. A note about copyright infringement. Someone else stated that the design patent on the Game Boy expired a number of years ago so no, the design is technically not trespassing on copyright, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't "stolen" on some intellectual level. And if you're going to steal, you might as well steal something that no one ever thought of stealing before.)

Woot may pick a good entry from the derby that didn't win, and print it later

~D

mandahax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mandahax

I feel the $15 purchase was justified. *hoards collection of 21 game boys*

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

jackie31337 wrote:Hey, there's an idea for enhancing this shirt... cut out tetris pieces from felt and pin them to your shirt.

On a side note, has anyone here had their shirts shipped internationally? I've ordered before, but I've always had them shipped to friends and family in the USA. Any idea whether an international order would have a chance of arriving by Halloween?

Highly unlikely. It takes a month to get to Canada, and two weeks to Japan (it's air mail here...and Japanese post is extremely efficient). I've never heard of quicker shipping for a shirt.

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

cayton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cayton

Late, but still in for one. As a sucker for nintendo products, I have owned nearly every iteration of the Gameboy (except for the micro).

Being a super hero is not a fantasy, it's an option.

SoccerRay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoccerRay

I ordered this for Halloween but didn't get the expedited shipping. I want to change that and pay the extra 5$. Is there anything I can do?

CaptainDDL

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CaptainDDL

I think I'm going to pony up the $20, so I have something to wear on Halloween. :p

robopanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robopanda

>.< Arg... $15 for a controller shirt? GET OUT THE GLUE! I'M MAKING A SHIRT TONIGHT! XD

hahahha! NO! I'm just kidding! I love this shirt! =]
GREAT JOB!!! MAKE US ANOTHER ONE!

"Being Asian Stunt my Growth..."
-me

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
SoccerRay wrote:I ordered this for Halloween but didn't get the expedited shipping. I want to change that and pay the extra 5$. Is there anything I can do?

If it hasn't shipped yet, you can try e-mailing Woot at service@woot.com to ask if they will overnight it and charge you the extra $5 (don't forget to include your order number). No guarantees they will, but the worse they can do is say No.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

shadcrkd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadcrkd

Just came in today. Looks pretty cool!

ChrissyFish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChrissyFish

After missing the woot by a couple of minutes I broke down and paid the extra money. It seems like a great everyday shirt. The design may be simple, but it is wonderfully clever.

kumaku

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kumaku

I took my chances.. COMMON SMARTPOST, you can do it!!!
(I like to imagine the snail in the smartpost logo is hauling it now with its tounge up and a sweatband. man im sleepy.)

A Roomba for only $150? WOOT!

Earthboundkid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Earthboundkid

This is is my second favorite shirt on shirt woot. I want it, but whenever I try to order something , I do something wrong.

Zenverse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zenverse

I ordered the shirt the day it came out and I usually get the shirts pretty fast via Smartpost so I figured I'd have them by today....But here's what my tracking says:

Manifest ID: 2921244
Est. in Home 11/05/2008
Date Time Description Location
October 30, 2008 11:33 PM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
October 30, 2008 5:03 PM Sortation Center Arrival MARTINSBURG, WV
October 29, 2008 10:11 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
October 25, 2008 12:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 25, 2008 11:00 AM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

I live in NJ, why the heck did it go from WV to WI!! That's going in the wrong direction!

UPdownLoAD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages UPdownLoAD
Zenverse wrote:I ordered the shirt the day it came out and I usually get the shirts pretty fast via Smartpost so I figured I'd have them by today....But here's what my tracking says:

Est. in Home 11/05/2008

I live in NJ, why the heck did it go from WV to WI!! That's going in the wrong direction!

That's "Smart"post for ya!!
Mine is aparently at the post office according to tracking number, but it didn't get delivered today Guess I'm going to have to make the 3/4 mile walk to find out why!!

huntertrek

quality posts: 1 Private Messages huntertrek

finally got my shirt yesterday. I ordered a medium and I am about 5'11, 175 lb but these shirts are pretty tall... the buttons are at my groin area I was hoping they'd be a little higher

sirhcmin6

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sirhcmin6

gawd I love this shirt!!! I got mine today!! love it!

Eightstar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eightstar

I hesitated to get it on the first day because I thought this shirt might scare guys away. I paid extra the very next day--one for me, another for my dear brother.

I am still waiting for the shirts. Estimated delivery date was a few days ago. Oh well...

Seraphixla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seraphixla
Zenverse wrote:I ordered the shirt the day it came out and I usually get the shirts pretty fast via Smartpost so I figured I'd have them by today....But here's what my tracking says:

Est. in Home 11/05/2008

Hopefully you've got yours by now; I ordered the shirt the 1st of the month and I have yet to receive it - and I live four hours south of the Dallas area. My tracking says that the shirt is currently in Denver, Colorado, which doesn't make the least bit of sense.

My last shirt arrived within just a few business days. If not for that, I probably would let it go, but I think I should drive up to the Woot offices and just ask for a shirt, then drive back home. It'll be faster, since tomorrow there's no mail (Veteran's Day).

dvdwebz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dvdwebz

i bought mine 11/10 and i'm still waiting for it... i from spain, and i don't know how long takes to ship it here... anyone?

rushblume

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rushblume

Thanks everyone for their support of the Game Boy shirt! Check out a very silly interview if you're interested --

http://bestlosers.com/?displaypage=Interview_with_the_1st_place_winner_of_Derby_65

smklung23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smklung23

very simple and it works quite well. also classic, old school game boy........... good times

wtfock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wtfock

a dope ass shirt!
but its sold out...
is there any way for me to order this?

shreekant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shreekant

you can buy it here! http://hotpotclothing.com/#/gamingtshirts/4533402493

inputstream

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inputstream

This shirt is awesome, please redux it.

livingwithlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livingwithlove

How the Bubba Bo Bob Brain do I buy this shirt? O.o (Joined shirtwoot just to buy this shirt)