yemicculus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yemicculus

I love this shirt so much, it's just so absurd. How did the squid even attach itself to the jet fighter? The world may never know.

Quite disappointed it hasn't hit the fog yet.

You got my vote!

joelterrific

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

Re: Penguins vs. Gravity

Alright...I'm over my irrational hatred of this topic. It was a momentary albeit intense hatred of the subject. I owe no one but the penguins who dared to dream an apology. Cho and I will sort it out in the cage.

prostoplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prostoplus
mactraveler wrote:my feelings exactly. not only is it in the fog, it's currently at #1. i keep asking myself WHO is voting for this thing? I hate the design, the color, the supposed 'joke', all of it. and i most especially hate that it's knocked my favorite design out of the fog. aaarrrhhhhgggg! seriously, people... WHY are you voting for this thing?

If you want to be serious (and this goes for several of the above comments, not just yours), try to stop being such a baby. I suppose babies can be pretentious about gag shirts since they don't know any better, but it still seems stupid to me. I like this one and I voted, so you are welcome to take it up with me.

prostoplus

Re: The Walrus vs the Eggmen

this is awesome, I love the glasses!

prostoplus

AlexIAm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AlexIAm
thejakeyl88 wrote:...and it knocked out Ghost vs. Vacuum? ME = FURIOUS.

Uh... this has been in the fog since Friday... hasn't knocked anyone out... Get your facts straight.

p.s. love it GMV.

>insert funny quote here<

drwolff79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drwolff79
Re: Left Brain vs Right Brain

I can't believe this made it into the fog! GMV

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

Ah, I used to be on the "Bone-Crackers" back in '72. They were the best team in the league... mostly because the other team would kick the ball around rather than throw it. Those were the days...

Okay, so I've never played football OR futball on a team before. And I was born in '85.

ragebassmasta

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ragebassmasta

I am pretty much with everyone else. I would dig it more if it was larger and in the center.

Spyder228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spyder228

vacuums this won't make it. For some reason, I LOVE this shirt.

jaimeelee27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaimeelee27
Re: The Walrus vs the Eggmen

I've been waiting every day waiting for a van to come. Sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun to come. Come on walrus don't let your knickers down, we are all together. ... High hopes that this shirt will grace the presence of my daily woot search. coo coo kachu!

nixonm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nixonm

Thank you, this is my first go but I will enter sooner

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
prostoplus wrote:this is awesome, I love the glasses!

glad you liked it. thanks

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp
SpastasticNomadic wrote:The texture, colours, and placement on this is really great. It's simple yet interesting to the eye all at the same time.

Many thanks, SN!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Scare Bears vs Unicorn

This is freakin awesome! I like the idea, design, and drawing a lot. Honestly, the only reason you're not getting more votes is the color, or lack of it. Wooters don't like creme very much. Also, you could probably crop your thumbnail even smaller around the picture, so that you can see more of the detail. People really can't make out anything from your thumbnail, so they are less likely to click on it. Keep up the good work!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
IndependentVik wrote:Great illustration! I'm tempted to vote for this, even though I once described all dragon tees as being slightly lamer than parking tickets.

Maybe my monitor's slightly out-of-whack, David, could you let me know what color shirt this is on?

Royal Blue. There's baby blue, royal blue, and navy. It would be the middle. I have tried to configure my monitor to a universal standard for color, so that people viewing my designs see what I see, but this is a lot harder than you would think.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
joelterrific wrote:Alright...I'm over my irrational hatred of this topic. It was a momentary albeit intense hatred of the subject. I owe no one but the penguins who dared to dream an apology. Cho and I will sort it out in the cage.

great response, Joel!

now, about that fear of gradients thing...

mactraveler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mactraveler

talk about being 'pretentious' - according to you, if i express my dislike of a shirt YOU happen to like, then i must be a 'baby.' ho, ho, ho. funny.

prostoplus wrote:If you want to be serious (and this goes for several of the above comments, not just yours), try to stop being such a baby. I suppose babies can be pretentious about gag shirts since they don't know any better, but it still seems stupid to me. I like this one and I voted, so you are welcome to take it up with me.

brittsbu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittsbu

Awesome... Finally a shirt that depics the lactose intolerant peoples suffering.

Re: stomach vs. dairy

WooT!

Oldyeller89

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Oldyeller89
Re: Left Brain vs Right Brain

Good idea, but I really wish there were colors on this. Also that it wasn't on a white shirt. I can't vote for it being this plain.

Bunnies Ogling Carrots#39;s:
4/1/10: 2.5 lbs---2/25/10: 5.6 lbs
12/25/09: 22.4 lbs---10/28/09: 5.4 lbs
9/25/09: 8.2 lbs---4/1/09: 3.2 lbs
9/22/10: 18.4 lbs---12/1/10: 2.1 lbs

kareh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kareh
DavidShenoda wrote:My personal favorite for this week.

Great work! GMV, and I'm taking back one of the two only other votes I've placed on other designs.

Good luck with this, it deserves to win.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Kidgoldstein wrote:Where's the third color? I see the tan and brown (dark color)... but is the illustration inside the circle a color or is it the shirt showing through?

yes, the illustration in the circle is my third color... slightly brighter than the shirt color, but similar.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: David and Goliath

I know my Calvin and Hobbes, and this is taken directly from Calvin and Hobbes. The swinging David is from the strip where Calvin fails to hit a baseball, leaves, and comes back with a golf club instead. It's not just a similarity, it's a blatant copy. Offhand I can't place the Goliath one, but I have no doubt that's from C+H too.

prpettet wrote:I take your comment noticing some resemblance to C&H as a compliment. That means that I have done a decent job of creating something that could be compared to the great Bill Watterson.

Hrmmm.

mactraveler

it's not only about my dislike of this design. i want to point out this design, if the words to describe it had NOT been inserted, would have failed in this voting round. why do you think an important part of the challenge was the NO TEXT rule? it fails in the ability, with an absence of explanatory text, to send an unmistakable message without the wearer having to, as has been pointed out by many commenters here, explain what the shirt means to casual observers. having to explain multiple times every occasion you wear something gets old quick, and the shirt ends up in the bottom of the closet. epic I am an un-original person.

prostoplus wrote:If you want to be serious (and this goes for several of the above comments, not just yours), try to stop being such a baby. I suppose babies can be pretentious about gag shirts since they don't know any better, but it still seems stupid to me. I like this one and I voted, so you are welcome to take it up with me.

mactraveler

dang word substitution! ;-)

'epic I am an un-original person' is supposed to be 'epic f a i l'

ejseader

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejseader
Re: Accoustic Vs Electric

Oh man, this shirt is so cool. I love the color too!

Can you put this on CafePress or something if you don't win? Love it! :-)

"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow

ejseader

Re: A REAL Spy versus A REAL Spy...

It looks more like pleasantly upbeat Vs. pleasantly upbeat :-)

llo

ejseader

ejseader wrote:It looks more like pleasantly upbeat Vs. pleasantly upbeat :-)

llo

That is I simply *love* this! Vs. I simply *love* this!...stupid filters

ejseader

ejseader wrote:That is I simply *love* this! Vs. I simply *love* this!...stupid filters

Arg...Woot.com: We HATE humor.

prostoplus

mactraveler wrote:talk about being 'pretentious' - according to you, if i express my dislike of a shirt YOU happen to like, then i must be a 'baby.' ho, ho, ho. funny.

It's not your dislike of the shirt that makes you seem pretentious, not even the multiple examples of why, it's complaining about those of us who voted.
Also, referring to this as "epic" seems incredibly overboard.

Jykinturah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jykinturah
Re: South vs East

If this doesn't print, I would be upset.

Maybe I can ask fablefire for the design so I can print one :/

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: TV vs. Reading

Thanks for the nice comments!!!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
tgentry wrote:I hope this makes it too. This and Fable's are top notch. Good luck to both.

Yes. This.

Here's hoping.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
shutts67 wrote:Why does Scorpion have a gun?

ha ha! Maybe it's a grappling gun? High-tech scorpion?
Yeah, I probably should have spent more time on this one

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

mrtonyclifton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrtonyclifton
Re: Jesus vs. Santa

this is the best shirt... i would def buy 3. how this is not winning makes no sense. maybe if there was a f'n octopus in the middle.

tbrosati

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbrosati
MicronXD wrote:u mean an email service? is the file too big? try gmail

well the file is 40mb and gmail mails something around a tops of 10mb, and woot can only accept files 20mb and under unless emailed to them... but what email provider allows 40mb attachments? I going to have to say i won't be winning so it no longer matters but its still good to know.

BTW, i do have to admit I'm really disappointed, this design took roughly around 10 hours and I'm getting beat by a really bad dog drawing that could have taken me 2 hours tops and in the fog right now is literally a stick figure design I could bang out in half an hour. its frustrating.

kiz5252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiz5252
Re: Ghost Versus Vacuum

Come on, people! Vote! This is the only derby shirt I want to buy and I see my chances slipping away...

kareh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kareh
Re: alien vs predator or predator vs alien?

Cute. I'll give it a vote. I like the Tiger.

spartankid125

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spartankid125
Re: Ghost Versus Vacuum

This one has to win!!! I bought died laughing...it is so adorable

mactraveler

silly me for thinking i can write MY thoughts without a committee. i'll be sure to run my proposed choice of word usage by you for approval next time. ;-)

prostoplus wrote:It's not your dislike of the shirt that makes you seem pretentious, not even the multiple examples of why, it's complaining about those of us who voted.
Also, referring to this as "epic" seems incredibly overboard.