vivosinemetu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivosinemetu

Why is a pocket dinosaur funny? Am I missing a joke here?

vivosinemetu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivosinemetu
Re: Not So Quiet On The Western Front

This is great! Why aren't more people voting for this??

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
eHalcyon wrote:David - I think this is an excellent idea, but spiders only have two body segments.

Yeah, I thought it was an ant, until I read the narrative and then counted the legs. Nevertheless, it is an excellent design.

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

bradyson

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bradyson
heartluce wrote:It's the brown that's keeping me from voting... black or navy would look good imo.

Thanks heartluce. Isn't brown the new black??? Okay maybe not.

jackalopejoe wrote:I personally like the brown, and I love the idea, I just think the bubbles could do with being a bit more random.

Thanks jackalopejoe. My kids seem to always blow bubbles that are the same size, (I know its weird and it kinda scares me). Methinks they have a future in quality control.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Hey thanks for the votes and great comments everyone. I'm not a bacteriologist or anything like that so really the concept here probably doesn't make much sense in real life. I thought it made a cool shirt, tho.

artulo

Makalohee wrote:A vote for using emptees

Awesome. Every vote counts, thanks!

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
Re: Small Wallet - Gas Giant

Does anyone else find it odd that Bush was blamed for the run up in gas... and he doesn't get the "credit" for it's almost cutting in half? When will people realize the president isn't the game changer... It's more-so the people in congress that control the helm.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

goodedesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goodedesign
lkackman wrote:LAWLS! I thought I would be the only one to get the joke. At least I am not the only uber geek.

nah, lots more geeks in the world... some saw the Sting version, some saw the sci-fi... many saw both... a handful actually made it all the way thru the book series...

I did not.

THEME IDEA: Sci-Fi novel/author tribute shirt!
wow, heinlin, asimov, herbert and all the other big-dawgs would have their hay-day.

[url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=8016]

GoldBerry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GoldBerry
Re: Small Wallet - Gas Giant

Gas is less than $2 a gallon here, so this shirt is definitely something I don't need. Might have been a better design a few months ago.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Oeberon wrote:Yeah, I thought it was an ant, until I read the narrative and then counted the legs. Nevertheless, it is an excellent design.

I thought the eight legs would be enough, but maybe not. And what if she was an ant!? Is that so wrong!? Just because she has 6 instead of 8 legs, does she not love?

jahrpm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jahrpm
snarkygal wrote:Are you kidding me?

this is taken from the movie white men can't jump...and seeing that most of the friends i played ball with were African american...this is how i felt!! HA! they called me white bread. Just didn't want anyone to think i or this design was racist.

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
fofmock wrote: artistic ability involved in the design.

Take a subject matter that's been done a million times before on every shirt contest site since the dawn of time: Dandelion seeds blowing away and the subset of those designs, something riding along. Use your premade template of little shapes flying off a big shape, plug in new object and apply edgy photoshop brush. Repeat ad infinitum. Why people aren't copying this license to print money every week is beyond me.

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
Re: Let it show, let it snow

That snowflake is really well done!

jjtenbensel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjtenbensel
Re: The Dandy Lion

I love your execution and style in this, but it does remind me a lot of this.

elstille

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elstille

greenriverdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenriverdog
jjtenbensel wrote:I love your execution and style in this, but it does remind me a lot of this.

Yes but the artistic value of this design is way cooler and more developed than the threadless one!

GMV, I just with it wasn't on cream

greenriverdog

quality posts: 1 Private Messages greenriverdog
vivosinemetu wrote:Why is a pocket dinosaur funny? Am I missing a joke here?

Why not funny? A dinosaur in your pocket chewing on your pencil! I love it!

Ive totally been a sucker for the dino shirts lately! I would definitely be tempted here!

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod

Ha! Mary POPpins. Nice!

I like celery.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you like it.
I was going back and forth between the army men fighting a teddy bear or a barrel o' monkeys. I chose the bear because of it's innocence and for it's scale.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Pocket Dinosaur

I would not personally wear this, so it does not GMV, but if it wins, I bet I'll end up getting one for my niece. Damn those kid sizes. Great job Cho.

Carpe shirtem!

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Re: Waiting For A Comet

You are an amazing artist, definitely one of the best on the site. I wish you the best of luck! GMV.

Carpe shirtem!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Electro-Highway

I love this! Good use of half tones and I like the plus and minus signs. GMV!

theinfinityloop

Re: Very Tiny People Make Our Candy.

This is my favorite shirt of the derby. I loooooove peanut butter cups. I hate to see this drop out of the fog.

theinfinityloop

Re: Explanation for my Passion, or lack there of

I don't know how you did it Boots, but you made organs very aesthetic. I love this design. I really like how you used an old tv too. That's a nice touch.

theinfinityloop

Re: Phagocytosis Is Always the Best Time of Day

I'm not really into amoebas, but I love the cat's expression in this! It's amazing how you were able to capture it so well in the simplistic style. Good job!

illuminator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illuminator
Re: Shall We Dance

Awww! That is adorable!

conhopper

quality posts: 20 Private Messages conhopper
toby8915 wrote:Thanks for this compliments, yes, it is on olive.

To be perfectly honest, this might've been better on a black tee or a warm-colored tee. The olive contrasts too much with the warm colors in my opinion.

Good design though. If you ever happen to resubmit with a warm/black tee, you'll GMV.

derp

conhopper

quality posts: 20 Private Messages conhopper
Re: Electro-Highway

GMV, even though I don't see any neutrons in the nucleus.

derp

AnnaJo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AnnaJo
Kidgoldstein wrote:Very nice use of 6 colors. Somebody's been watching Time Warp too much.

Nice connection...it certainly was my inspiration!

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
vertigosia wrote:I don't like how abruptly the net ends, but love the style, colors, and concept.

Thanks for the comment :] I wasn't quite sure how to end the net due to woot's placement requirements. I'll think more about stuff like that on my next sub!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
BorisTheSpyder wrote:That has got to be the best (non-tux) penguin drawing I've seen in quite some time
GMV!

That's NOT Tux ????!!!!

rachel1aaron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rachel1aaron

What a sweet idea! I love your concept and quote. Not that I'd ever come up with anything near this good, but I have a couple of comments/suggestions. I almost feel like the orange shirt is overpowering the muted palette. I wonder what it would look like on olive? Might give you an extra color to work with? I'd also like to see the fairy come forward visually, she seems a little lost in the intersection of legs behind her. I don't know if color/shading could bring her out a little more.

That said, this is really precious, and their expressions and body language are great! GMV

Segador

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Segador

definitely GMV. Great work!

Discobiscuits

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits

Those army men look great. GMV.

artulo

From one bacteriophage to another, good luck!

rachel1aaron

Re: Explanation for my Passion, or lack there of

Wow, this is really nice! I love the organic feel of your drawings, and this one is one of your best imho. I agree with Infinityloop, you did a great job of making an organ look appealing. I like the way you detailed the red veins with shading. I'd really like to see a detail of the interior of the heart, looks like you packed a lot into a small space! Great job!

rachel1aaron

And NOW I've got the song stuck in my head! (Favorite movie of all time - so it's okay)

opifan64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opifan64
Re: Nanonauts

Well, this is brilliant and perfect for the derby.

Chessiesmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chessiesmom

This is a really nice design. I love it as a teacher and I think my class would love to see their teacher with it. GMV from JadenKale's mom--Chessiesmom

oodonutoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oodonutoo

you my dear prateeko.....are my hero. thank you for being the one to finally say this to adder. i tip my hat to you.