dmkooo

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dmkooo
AdderXYU wrote:Allow me to shock you then.

I just cannot get into this "style" of splotchy backgrounds and lines that look like they bled ink. To me this is one more example of wooters being unable to really analyze what they're voting for

I like this style...pen and ink. I know what I'm voting for, and I certainly don't consider myself superior to others because I have a more eclectic taste.

MMMMusic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MMMMusic
lynlynlora wrote:this one got a completely spontaneous surprised laugh from me. I though it was just a snowflake at first, and my thought was: boring. but then I saw the penguin. I'll definitely buy this if it prints.

The same thing happens to me, and now I'd definitely buy it. It's a great design and it's perfect for winter.

MicronXD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MicronXD
Re: Let it show, let it snow

I don't really like the concept :\

looks cute, but doesn't come across as a miniature penguin, but rather an enormous snowflake.. which kinda doesn have the same punch..`

MicronXD

MicronXD wrote:I don't really like the concept :\

looks cute, but doesn't come across as a miniature penguin, but rather an enormous snowflake.. which kinda doesn have the same punch..`

still gmv for cuteness tho llo

MicronXD

DavidShenoda wrote:Here's #3. It's Jack falling for that Giant's old tricks again. Silly Jack, when will you ever learn? Magic Beans are for Giant's!
...and Tricks are for the not-so-bright farmer.

Thanks for voting everyone! Look out for 1 or 2 more from me tomorrow. That's if I have the energy after ALL the stuff I have to do.

lulz this is cute gmv

dmkooo

I've been gone for awhile. It's definitely gotten more cat-like around here!

Feel the love!

MicronXD

Discobiscuits wrote:sorry, but what is going on?

i think the cat is supposed to have taken a dremel with the fine sander attachment and smoothed out a section of this brown lego with square dots and passed out after all his efforts... see... the cat is miniature! and the lego is normal sized!

dmkooo

D1C0M wrote:Needless to say, comments are much appreciated.

Cute concept! Since you asked, there is something that is a bit disturbing about the boy...not quite sure what it is. Shoulders? One leg? Baldness?

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
Re: Chinese in Fine China

Let me know your thoughts and if the color of shirt is a good choice. Thanks in advance.

<insert something witty>

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: The White Man's View!!

I dig your use of perspective here. I'd feel like a poser wearing it, personally, b/c I don't play ball, but it's an interesting design.

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
IndependentVik wrote:Snarkygal, it seems to me that I've seen plenty of criticisms that boil down to exactly that. I certainly remember someone called him a hack as recently as last week. I see that as equivalent to "you lack artistic ability".

As for whether it would make a good shirt, well, I'm on the fence about it, and I haven't voted for it yet, but I might. I'm glad we can at least agree that it's good art

david may not be the nicest person on woot but, no, he is by no means a hack.
it's too bad too, cause i tend to give votes to good designs in a derby of things i wont buy, but this guy never gets any of them because of that.
now if i could just amass enough votes to get edgar printed more often...

kamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamz

lego-my illustration is terrible, we'll here's my concept. The tiny cat with a big appetite & a bigger chocolate, ate more than he could digest & passed out(happily into dreamworld of more eating - hence the burp) Thank in advance for your vote

kamz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamz
MicronXD wrote:i think the cat is supposed to have taken a dremel with the fine sander attachment and smoothed out a section of this brown lego with square dots and passed out after all his efforts... see... the cat is miniature! and the lego is normal sized!

lego!!! my illustration is terrible. We'll here's the concept - the cat with a big appetite & abigger chocolate, ate more than it could digest & simply passed out (happily though, in it's dreamworld of even more binging - hence the burp) Thanks in advance for your votes guys!

lissaly127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lissaly127
Re: sperm attack

Bahahaha! Too funny! Perfect for anatomy class...

Mitamasan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mitamasan
Re: People of the Fireflies

Wow, this is gorgeous. Nice work!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
Re: Don't call pluto miniature.

Next time, go for the gusto and don't include a shirt template

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
Re: Cereal Prize (Resub)...Now with CREME!

I think this design and color combination is a great improvement. Good submission!

Jestik

Re: Sweet Revenge

just twisted enough I'd wear it!

very cool.

Jestik

Re: People of the Fireflies

I LOVE the colors of this shirt, and the swirls and movement patters...Reminds me of Van Gogh's "Starry Night".

definitely GmV

Jestik

Jestik

Re: They Tried To Run But Had No Legs -orange indécise

tragic.

I love the expression of the girl getting picked up!

Jestik

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=24647]The Ant

wow, this is fantastic, toe!

great job, you have received my vote.

Jestik

Re: Pocket Dinosaur

what would this shirt color be? kelly green? grass? just wondering what it would really look like.

Jestik

wako wrote:TOTALLY in for one...

too bad some stupid carp is going to win instead

I really doubt it. Every time I check, this has the most votes in the hotness. Unless things change in the next few days, this should be the top vote getter (and deservedly so).

Jestik

Re: Nanonauts

tgentry, I think I remember from the other thread, this shirt is Navy, correct?

(sorry, my monitor is dark-natured)...

Jestik

Re: Explanation for my Passion, or lack there of

......getting closer to the fog....

This really needs to get printed!

Paradox55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Paradox55
Re: Let it show, let it snow

This hopefully will be my second radiomode shirt. Wore Friends Are Forever yesterday. GMV, and good luck!

speedcheetah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages speedcheetah
Re: Taste Buds Meet Mr. Dangly-ball

Here's a resubmission of my first shirt design for woot. Here we see the never-ending struggle between taste buds and the evil dangly-ball.

sharptoothpiranha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharptoothpiranha

Cool design! Brings back memories of all my missing in action GI Joes who didn't come back due to lack of representation. Great job gmv.

vivosinemetu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vivosinemetu

I need to be careful what I delete :P

What about anonymous entries?

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Josephus wrote:yet. They can, though. They change enough rules, often enough that this rule could change on a whim this week, just for kneny.

With this number of votes, it's probably nothing to be worried about. To enter is to be successful enough.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
treebirdoctopus wrote:Something about the composition looks off. It's just too scattered for my taste.

I like the concept though.

It kind of has to be scattered to be raindrops, huh?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
eHalcyon wrote:I really, really like this, both for the idea and the art, but I don't think the black would show up very well on the navy shirt. The purple is pushing it too... Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's any way to rework the colours to fix the problem without losing the mood of the piece.

eH is right, as usual. The black tree won't show at all on the navy shirt. I'm afraid you've been deceived, like many before, by the lightness woot chose to use for the navy shirt. It is very very nearly black in person.

I'm not sure about the purple, but I suspect that it will be very dim too.

Paradox55

IndependentVik wrote:Durn you, paradox!!! I was so psyched about this design but then you had to go and point that out. And now I can't vote for it b/c I know if it went to print and I got one I wouldn't be able to stop focusing on that one, tiny detail

My deepest apologies! I'm usually a big fan of Edgar's (still hoping for an EC for O God Please Help Us), but this one is just not quite right for me.

Paradox55

Re: The Dandy Lion

Too many like designs out there, so I, too, am disappointed that this is in the fog. On a side note, I find myself agreeing more times than not with Adder.

uncchris

quality posts: 6 Private Messages uncchris
Re: Movie Popcorn

This is a great shirt! Good luck - hope it wins!

jamescho84

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamescho84
Re: Pocket Dinosaur

Incredible. Are you all grown ups? Seriously.. i'm dumbfounded. What the frak is wrong with you people. Let's get back to reality for a moment - This is a frakking T-SHIRT SITE. People vote for what they want. What the frak is the point of spending even seconds to type "this doesn't deserve a top place"?? What's your motive, try to mark the votes down? Hopefully convince the undecided in voting for something else?, maybe getting people to agree with your insecure ass? Or is it "I have a right to insult just like people have a right to compliment?" Get real, this contest has been around long enough for you to know how it works, and that you just can't get your way sometimes.

Look at the long ass responses some of you have about your theories - How misguidedly passionate must you be (and frakked up in the head) to come on here to argue your moot opinion anytime a shirt of mine does well? Did you know I the last time I entered a few weeks ago I didn't do well at all? I didn't see you frakking idiots talking Manos, the Hands of Fate about that? So lay that pancakes theory to rest, tell your parents to stop pampering you and get in your dense head that people here vote for what they want because they want it.

And some good news for you? This shirt lost momentum yesterday, and with some of the new shirts rising fast, I would say this shirt doesn't stand a chance. Whoop dee frakking doo. This is why this site is so great, because there's such a short turnaround time. Don't win this week
? Try again next week. It's a frakking privilege you have to be a user on this site. So stop being a twofaced odoriferous voids, learn a thing or two instead of calling foul everytime a shirt you don't like does well. frakking neon angry mole.

treebirdoctopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages treebirdoctopus
Josephus wrote:It kind of has to be scattered to be raindrops, huh?

Hence, the words "not on a shirt."

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

This is so imaginative and stylish.

lizzykorinj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lizzykorinj

This is fabulous! GMV.

Good Luck!