waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Patchitect wrote:Wow - i think you hit every word filter woot owns with that one, They are going to have to come up with some extra $$ to pay for new ones now. thanks alot! that's going to drive up their costs to the point where they have to charge 11$ for every shirt, and drive away half the voters cause they wont be able to afford them any more, what with the run on their piggy banks lately.

But it works in my favor now, cause my voting block all has scads of money and can now buy a majority of the votes once all those loser critics are gone, and i can now win every derby from here on out with my bad designs!

But dont worry, i'll toss you some new rims when i get paid!

wait...what!? Nice rant, please return the soap box when your finished.

I once ate a cricket.

12sunflowers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 12sunflowers
lkackman wrote:This derby is full of issues... people are so angry and terse.

I personally love this design and think it will show just fine on the shirt. It may be dark when printed, but that is the point in this design, I say go with the original and ride it out. GMV and good luck.

PS: Oh and welcome to all that is a Woot derby, good and bad.

*giggles*- when ISN'T there a derby that has issues? =)

bigb0yo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigb0yo6
Re: Sweet Revenge

Love it

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
Re: Chinese in Fine China

I would have liked this better if it was simply a bowl full of mini-pandas. Now that's good eatin'!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
mactraveler wrote:turns out you're right - see http://theswca.com/images-speci/recycle/

poor Friar Tuck had a real identity crisis when making the switch over to a toy.....

I knew it!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
Re: Let it show, let it snow

I love the wintery feel of this one! GMV!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
mactraveler wrote:great!! don't wait, you can buy it right now at threadless!

Whoa there mac, show a bit of curtesy. Sure Kdeuce's shirt resembles others but it's not like he meant it to. A lot of people create designs that are similar to others, thats the way the cookie gets dunked into the milk and popped into your mouth (YUMMY!!!!!!). What I mean is a lot of people will think of a design and not have seen another design similar to theirs, like a lot of people did a mario themed design (games through art history) which could have been similar to a lot of things.

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
mrgordotime wrote:GMV! *giggles*

Why? While I admire the design and the remembrance it invokes, it is completely off topic.

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

SpastasticNomadic

Re: Pocket Dinosaur

I have no fake pocket tees as of yet but I love green, I love dinos, and I always choo-choo-choose pencils over pens. So yes, GMV!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Kidgoldstein wrote:Yeah... the other one I liked better. It seemed to make more sense to me.

Oh yeah? How so?

kiz5252

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiz5252
Re: Belly Porthole

Pretty cool, I wonder if it has a chance to move up in the votes... you've got mine!

SpastasticNomadic

I'm pretty sure I already own way too many radiomode shirts (not that I'm complaining), but I'd definitely add this one to my collection. I'm ready for it to snow already!

SpastasticNomadic

Re: CMYK of the brain

I'm not a fan of grey, but it works with the colours here and your execution is really great. Nice work! GMV.

BootsBoots

tgentry wrote:

I'm always amazed at how the people who get printed are accused of being successful because of their ability to formulate a conspiracy, not because people like the shirts they design...

(And what Cho said too)

Agreed and well said by both of you. But, to play devil's advocate, you guys have to admit that you get some votes tossed your way just because you're both really good designers and have a decent fan base. You know... (some) people WANT to like your current designs because they like your past designs. They have it in their heads that you're good and whatever you do will be good. It's like when I was younger, I had a crush on Corey Feldman (nobody laugh!) and I actually convinced myself that Dream a Little Dream was an EXCELLENT movie. I think you guys get a few more votes than you should on some of your designs because of this phenomenon. It's certainly not enough to make any real difference, but maybe that's where some of the (I think unwarranted) resentment comes from. Personally, I don't think there's anything really unjust with getting those few extra votes. You've earned your fan base by being super good and consistently submitting really great designs. I mean, I had the crush on Corey because he was in Stand By Me and The Goonies. It didn't just come out of nowhere.

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein

Despite my lack of artistic skill... in all reality I was not trying to be offensive. Remove all my unintentionally (believe me... it was) hurtful characteristics added to the people. All my simple joke is trying to show is miniture human beings living in another form of "China." That's it. Not that stereotypes that Chinese/Asians are not as tall as others or if they eat weird foods or if they're smarter/dorkier or any more ridiculous than any other race. The China flag is just saying that the bowl is CHINA, like a form of bowl or plate. Chinese in China (not the country) is all the joke is trying to imply. I'm sorry that my humor is either too simplistic and just not humorous to others or that my drawing skills are not up to par with most on this site or even that my drawings have offended some but I did not mean in no way to offend anyone. If the rice patty hat guy is offensive, he's honestly the only one I'd be willing to take out, cause I didn't like him anyways. That's why I pushed him into the middle.

<insert something witty>

tommyt827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommyt827
Re: People of the Fireflies

Congrats on a very nice first submission. I like the design a lot. But like so many others have commented, I'm worried about the colors not showing up on the dark shirt. If this does print I wouldn't purchase it on the firs day. Instead, I'd wait to see pictures of how it printed before buying it.

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
tommyt827 wrote:Congrats on a very nice first submission. I like the design a lot. But like so many others have commented, I'm worried about the colors not showing up on the dark shirt. If this does print I wouldn't purchase it on the firs day. Instead, I'd wait to see pictures of how it printed before buying it.

That's exactly my observation as well. I agree it is a cool design, but I would wait and see how it prints before considering buying one.

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

eyeslikesugar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
iris420 wrote:Wow, this is great! I love the bright colors and the hilarity of it all. GMV!

Thanks, Iris; that means a lot to me.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

reganrai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reganrai
Re: Pocket Dinosaur

All the awesome dinosaur shirts as of late are going to make me broke! I wish I had a pocket dinosaur for real... Nice design!

woot: 5 | shirt.woot: 19 | wine.woot: 3 | sellout.woot: 0

krouth

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krouth
BootsBoots wrote: I'm very anal.

Wow...

SpastasticNomadic

reganrai wrote:That's exactly my observation as well. I agree it is a cool design, but I would wait and see how it prints before considering buying one.

Ditto.

I have to join the lot that doesn't think this is going to print well. I don't think I have any navy shirts from s.w, but I can think of one navy shirt from teefury that has black on navy, which didn't show up at all. However, the black was outlined in grey, which didn't really take away from the shirt since it made the black just look like negative space. The black ink was practically the exact same colour as the navy. I just don't see how this one would possibly work. And would worry that it would simply look like some bright dots on a shirt until someone got all up in my breasts to see what was really going on.

That being said, it's a really beautiful design. Really. But I couldn't bring myself to purchase it without first seeing proof that the colours did indeed print well, or weren't completely changed which would then alter the entire appearance of the original design.

SpastasticNomadic

Re: Waiting For A Comet

Wonderful colours and design, Drakxxx. I'm a total bright green jellybean monster queen for your skills, man.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Waiting For A Comet

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words, I truly appreciate it.
I've personally enjoyed creating all the designs I've submitted into the various contests so far, and I'm sure if I keep at it, my day at woot! will come.

Thank you again!

hmmxkrazee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmmxkrazee
Re: People of the Fireflies

Wow this thread is crazy!

I don't blame you houmadesigns. that's alotta money on the line and even though you probably would have been back up there with a resub, it's still a risk.

and is your name houmade designs or houma designs? i kept reading it as hou made (who made) designs.. which may be the point.. a clever point..

Slinkums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slinkums

WARNING: No rats were harmed in the making of this design. It is not advisable to hug small critters.

Welp, this is my second time submitting, and this time around I decided to go with a little homage to all the rats I have had since I was a kid.

I'm in process of learning illustrator and critiques are welcome:-)

bitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bitz
BootsBoots wrote:This certainly deserves more votes than it has.

I was a little bummed too that no one is voting, I was thinking of making it more simple and iconic for a resub, and making the shoe more easy to spot (so far I have gotten that it is a sun, a cloud, more birds and a logo)

Anywise thanks for the comment BootsBoots, always appreciate when one of the guys whose work I admire drops me a line!

noisdois

quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois

I always love your designs, kdeuce. Your "To the Top" design was brilliant, as was one of my all-time favorites "Wolloomoo Way." I just really like your style.

I've also discovered that if there's no opposition on the comment threads of my shirts that they have no chance of winning. If people are just loving it and are really nice the whole time, it's probably not going anywhere. I kinda use that to gauge how well I'm doing.

Looks like this one will win for sure!

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
BootsBoots wrote:Yes, yes. I'm sure the virtual world was all a twitter. "Mavis, did you hear? Did you HEAR?"

Wow, my real-life name is Mavis! COINCIDENCE?!

(fact-check™: no one born since nineteen-aught-four has been named "Mavis", so I am obviously lying)

BootsBoots wrote:Sorry to hijack the comments on your design, TG. To you, I still say: WITHDRAW!

Travis, I too apologize for engaging in verbal shenanigans in your thread. That being said, I second the call: WITHDRAW. If you do not do so in the next 6 hours, I will put well-known hero cop John McClane through a series of increasingly excruciating/torturous tasks for no other reason other than that they are terribly amusing. Failure to comply will likely mean McClane will never make good with his beautiful ex-wife.

You don't want that on your head, man. You just don't.

Slinkums

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slinkums
Re: Raindrops on roses and whiskers on ratties...

WARNING: No rats were harmed in the making of this design. It is not advisable to hug small critters.

Welp, this is my second time submitting, and this time around I decided to go with a little homage to all the rats I have had since I was a kid.

I'm in process of learning illustrator and critiques are welcome:-)

blythe228

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blythe228
waacodemon wrote:well carp.

I see similarities, but yours is much better, and i think there are plenty of differences. I hope they let it stay here!! Its only good shirt here!

Agreed! I liked this one much better.

paulhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

I have no idea why this shirt isn't in the top 4..??? C'mon voters.

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

sfenix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfenix
Re: Why mice scare elephants

Its super cute and clever. Excellent job!
<-- wants one

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog

i normally hate snowflakey, wintery type designs cause here in the desert it doesnt snow and they look l ame.
i managed to not vote for this for 4 days.
you guys should be proud of my willpower.

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
BootsBoots wrote:Yay, first sub! It's a good idea. I like what you were trying to convey. It's not really executed as good as it could be, but it's certainly not bad at all. Pretty sure you're going to get a lot lot better after a few more subs. (Ima give you a vote because I like your idea so much and like I said, the execution isn't too bad).

Thanks very much for the encouragement! Glad you liked it.

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
blammoed wrote:Love it! Very cool patterns and colors.. I'm convinced you've mastered the brown-shirt canvas. Really glad it's so high up-- just a few more places, I know this one can do it!

Also, poop about your probation.. but at least the story is hilarious.

Hope this gets back in the fog.... it's really beautifully executed.

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane
tommyt827 wrote:Congrats on a very nice first submission. I like the design a lot. But like so many others have commented, I'm worried about the colors not showing up on the dark shirt. If this does print I wouldn't purchase it on the firs day. Instead, I'd wait to see pictures of how it printed before buying it.

Me toozies. Although I fear that not too many pictures (if any) will get posted, just because all the 'old timers' (which i am not) who usually post their pictures will most likely wait...

BootsBoots

waacodemon wrote:well carp.

I see similarities, but yours is much better, and i think there are plenty of differences. I hope they let it stay here!! Its only good shirt here!

Ahhh! Nice sig! If mine wasn't so filled up with my shameless self promotion, I might write in there "Waacodemon knows what he's talking about."

And I'm really sorry to see this design rejected. You're much more noble than I am, David. I would have just kept it all hush hush (I know, I know, I'm horrible). Your design is so much better than that other one. And not to start controversy or anything, but shouldn't the dandelion riders be rejected for the same reason, then? That's a good design, too. Just saying... it doesn't seem very fair.

theutbk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theutbk
Re: Viva La Revolucion

That looks like a p3nor.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Kidgoldstein wrote:Despite my lack of artistic skill... in all reality I was not trying to be offensive. Remove all my unintentionally (believe me... it was) hurtful characteristics added to the people. All my simple joke is trying to show is miniture human beings living in another form of "China." That's it. Not that stereotypes that Chinese/Asians are not as tall as others or if they eat weird foods or if they're smarter/dorkier or any more ridiculous than any other race. The China flag is just saying that the bowl is CHINA, like a form of bowl or plate. Chinese in China (not the country) is all the joke is trying to imply. I'm sorry that my humor is either too simplistic and just not humorous to others or that my drawing skills are not up to par with most on this site or even that my drawings have offended some but I did not mean in no way to offend anyone. If the rice patty hat guy is offensive, he's honestly the only one I'd be willing to take out, cause I didn't like him anyways. That's why I pushed him into the middle.

Really, I don't think you should apologize. Doing so only lends more credibility to the whole racism thing and only feeds reverse-racism. I think all this stuff about America being racially divided is mostly due to people bending over backwards to convince others they aren't racists.

Let your design be what it is... everyone's got their opinions.

jzeiggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzeiggy

yeah...the Grinch is definitely green...as should be the shirt, IMO. Cute idea, though.