IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
RedHeadedGoddess wrote:Jeeze! I was just saying I felt like it was similar to other things out there. I never said he took it!

I'm sorry I lashed out, but I came to a fairly reasonable conclusion. You said "I feel like I've seen this tribal tattoo thingie elsewhere." Not that you've seen this _style_ elsewhere or this kind of thing elsewhere. If you'd said, "It's similar to other things out there" as you stated in your most recent post, I never would've commented.

If you didn't mean to accuse Dave of art theft, then I apologize.

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
lkackman wrote:I would call it more of an "Atomic Aqua Blue".... not realy a lime green, and I think it works on this design. It add's that needed pop!

Looks closer to eye-ease green to me, or institutional green. The kind they use in hospitals. There's a reason this color is associated with sickness. I'd suggest a light blue instead (minus the green), or good old fashioned white. These color choices are just weird and the green color shouldn't be used in anything.

Oeberon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Oeberon
iloveengl wrote:I think this shirt is quite cute and clever. The seven sins for those of you who don't seem to get it:
2 dwarfs with Snow White = greed and lust,
running dwarf = envy,
dwarf in train = pride,
dwarf on tracks = wrath,
dwarf with apples = gluttony,
sleeping dwarf = sloth.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, David.)

GMV!

Well said!

Imagine that! My Join Date is a palindrome: 8-11-8
It's finally available!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

I LOVE this. Oh my goodness I wish it would place.

Oeberon

yankeebird wrote:Kinda fits under lust too... it almost looks like the monkey is "enjoying" the banana.

ROFL!

It's finally available!

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific

I like this one better. I like it alot.

SaylaMarz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaylaMarz

I created an account just to leave you this comment:

I love this - the simplicity is really nice, and I think it does effectively draw attention to act of masquerading.

The horse loses form around the tail - I could tell that you had taken the linework away from another drawing. For the silhouette to read more clearly, try moving the tail out from his body so you can see the full shape of the legs.

Tluav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tluav

So it appears that this shirt and "Greedy Pirate" are battling for that 4th place spot In the Fog.

st3647

quality posts: 0 Private Messages st3647

... dig it

Tluav

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tluav

I think this shirt really deserves to be printed.

st3647

quality posts: 0 Private Messages st3647
Re: Height Envy

... dig it

Oeberon

paulhep wrote:This is brilliant! How did it fall out of the fog??

Time to update your signature there, Skippy! That derby is done and over with.

It's finally available!

Oeberon

vistew wrote:Stop being mean - if you don't like the shirt, fine, but it is clever and to the point. I don't plan on voting for your shirts in the future on principle.

To whom were you referring when you threatened to not vote for any of their future submissions?

It's finally available!

Oeberon

jadziadax wrote:Nice design. I just have one nitpick. The vertebral column is too long. There should only be five vertebrae (lumbar) after the ribs/thoracic vertebrae end and before the sacrum.

Perhaps he thought he needed a slimmer waist and had a couple of ribs removed? :-P

It's finally available!

Yasper25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Yasper25
Re: Acorn Greed

I like this shirt quite a bit. I agree that the green is very eye-catching, but I never saw it as a bad thing. To me, it's what made it clear that the the design represents greed.
Even though this shirt probably won't print (which is unfortunate ... but maybe there will be an 11th hour voting surge), I hope to see this little guy featured on a shirt in another Derby. Very well done, ramyb!

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
bro3of4 wrote:So cute. Love the line work. Love the pose. I'm torn on the green though (although it works very well for the eyes); maybe a light yellow would be better? I can't think of any bright green light sources in nature, so it makes me think of aliens or something.

It's the same kind of odd green highlights DavidShenoda uses on his entries. I agree it's an unnatural color and just an odd choice.

aerodino

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerodino
Re: Height Envy

If I was that giraffe, I would be envious of the elephant's cool trunk!

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

thatrobert

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
animalluver6 wrote:You have some awesome skillz!! I don't think I'd be able to wear this on a shirt (unfortunately, it would look odd for a girl to wear this, I think...) though I will definitely be looking out for your designs in the future!

Keep it up!

I'd wear it and I'm a girl. xD But in specific situations only.

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: A Slothly Sloth repents for Slothful Slothliness

That is awesome! Flying Sloth FTW!

GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: The seven sins...and their consequence

Nice! I was expecting to see something like this, and you did a good job. GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: Your Inner Wrath

Wow! GMV!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Gotta Hunch it's Envy

This is great, Keelmy. I missed it when I looked through all designs earlier, but now that I see it, I love it.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Oeberon wrote:Hmmmmm. A mirror image of this portrait.

Thanks for finding this.

LoreHera

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoreHera
Re: Flight of Icarus (Pride)

Great depiction of a fabulous myth. GMV.

cobolisdead

Re: Greedy Pirate

Awesome work! GMV! And it has got back into the fog now!

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: envious horse

This is adorable! I would so wear it!!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
gizmoduck1234 wrote:Looks closer to eye-ease green to me, or institutional green. The kind they use in hospitals. There's a reason this color is associated with sickness. I'd suggest a light blue instead (minus the green), or good old fashioned white. These color choices are just weird and the green color shouldn't be used in anything.

I appreciate your opinion, and I'd love to get together over lunch and discuss our plan of action. Let's say tomorrow round 11ish, or maybe 12. I'm anxious to hear more of your brilliant ideas for our t-shirts. Toodles!

Actually, I think you might want to check your monitor's color settings because there's no way this green is "lime" green. In any case, I tried blue but it just wasn't the same. Also orange lacked contrast.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
Re: Grapes of Wrath

Love it! Especially the one getting screamed at by the one behind him. Or is he getting eaten?

Kinda funny... this derby would've been perfect for clydefrog's entry from derby 61:

bluedragonflygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluedragonflygirl

Ok....I am new to woot and I have a stupid question. I LOVE this shirt and would really like to purchase. Is there a way to purchase?

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
AdderXYU wrote:When this doesn't print, I'd actually highly suggest you alter it so it's less boxy, blow it up so it covers more shirt, and consider trying it at DBH

i may do that, but it'll be completely different since DBH doesn't limit art to six flat colors.

toe2254

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toe2254
thatwouldbefun wrote:That is one Hell of a design. I'd love to buy it. Might you make it available if Woot won't print it?

they won't since it's not getting enough votes, but it'll be in my shop (see link below) in 60 days.

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
Re: Grapes of Wrath

Dang, no turtle?

Oeberon

dsatele wrote:No context? He's charging across the shirt, sword drawn, practically bleeding fury. The context is battle, so far as I see it.

Charging with sword drawn. That's what Samurai do.

Personally, I don't care for it; it doesn't show the sin. I see him charging at an opponent and screaming to unnerve said opponent, but I don't see the representation of Wrath. However, I can appreciate that there are those that like - and even love - this design.

Now, that is not to say I think kduece is not a talented designer. Quite the contrary. I liked the The Dandy Lion. If I remember correctly, someone called that design "lines and splotches" and it still won 2nd Place.

This one is done in the same style. Although is popular enough to make it up into the fog, the popular vote is all that discerning as evidenced not only by some of the placing designs in past Derbies, but also by some of the other entries garnering votes in this one.

That's my two cents . So, I'll just say, "Congrats, kdeuce, on another fogged design and may the fickle Woot-gods continue to look upon you favorably!", and then move on. :-P

It's finally available!