Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Re: Heron Rising

Looks kinda like Sekiyoku's butterfly

incognito9x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incognito9x
ramyb wrote:Collab with the amazing Zenne, I did the original sketch and she did the beautiful linework you see here :D Hope you like, I may post some detailed closeups later if anyone wants to see them

I'd buy one.

undercurrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undercurrent

Love it! Very clean!

Zenne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zenne

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
eHalcyon wrote:Mitohapa is my hero.

Strange colour combination though. XP

it's a very classic color combo:
Ties look slick, Baby Rooms look muted and soft, even Wedding Cakes look very high end in the color combo. I think it works very well.
He certainly looks dapper in it ;)

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

bradyson is right, this does need zelda. another design banking on peoples' love of the nintendo. well, perhaps one day you'll have an original design of your very own!

Kilagria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kilagria
Zenne wrote:placeholder

I think it would look better without that girl in the back

wstovr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wstovr
Re: Times Square

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions in advance... This is just simply grey on black... Please vote!

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: I love Noodles

I love noodles as well! I'd definitely get this if printed.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: I love Noodles

The asian in me loves this.

choptop82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choptop82
Re: a heated discussion

2 gentlemen having a civil chat about the weather. The line starts/ends in their mouths.

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Kilagria wrote:Looks kinda like Sekiyoku's butterfly

Although I obviously can't prove that my sketch existed far before I saw Sekiyoku's entry for this week, you'll have to take my word for it. I had company yesterday, and my wisdom teeth were removed this morning, so this design was a little late in production. Composition-wise, I can see how you would make the connection, and I had my own qualms about submitting my version due to a shocking number of submissions along the same line. However, stylistically, they all diverge radically, so I eventually sent it through. I guess it's simply the case of similarities within flowing designs!

In other news, I'm glad you guys approve of the bizarre color choice. Thanks to those who helped me choose! Also, heartluce-- I'm glad to "see" you as well. I've been away for quite a while, but it's finally winter break! So I'm alive again. And a belated thank you to those who commented on my last design (which I didn't get to comment on).

shagooztribe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shagooztribe
byrbwr wrote:good, 'cept i don't believe in such evolutions so... no vote.

To build up my hopes by leaving a comment & then dashing them with the end of yout statement........Nicely played Sir.

MoreFull

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MoreFull

I like how the colors do make it a subtle design. If you resub, you still gmv. I look sickly in yellow so that's not my first choice. (Even though Lemon is the New Asphalt! ahuhu) Still a great design

I've bought cooler shirts than you.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: Non Violent Protest

I laughed out loud. Love it. Count me in for one.

kenney9226

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Continuous Line of Puckers Form One Larger Pucker

I cheated a bit at the end and made a little spiral there. Thank you for your consideration and have a nice weekend, folks!

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
eHalcyon wrote:This is very cute, but the blurriness of the larger image worries me. It looks like it might be due to resizing the image up. Did you make sure to create the image at a higher resolution first? If it makes it to print, you need to be ready to submit a 16"x20" 300 dpi print ready file.

I quite like the design though.

My thoughts exactly. Very cute but hoping it wasn't drawn on a default 640x480 canvas. If you take advantage of all the allowed horizontal space your image should be 4800 pixel wide.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Kilagria wrote:Looks kinda like Sekiyoku's butterfly

No, it doesn't.

Actually, since you're bringing that up, Sekiyoku's butterfly looks mysteriously similar to Mitohapa's printed "Against the Sky" shirt here.

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30
SydneyB wrote:This is very nice, and I am sure you came up with it on your own, but it ALSO happens to be the "logo" for my Cardiologist's office practice :/

NO WAY! Surely they got the idea from this very submission :-)

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
SydneyB wrote:This is very nice, and I am sure you came up with it on your own, but it ALSO happens to be the "logo" for my Cardiologist's office practice :/

Seriously? Like EXACTLY the same? Wow... yes, this was my own concept, albeit simple, I am shocked to learn it already exists... post a pic of the logo if you can, will ya?

FancyDad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FancyDad
Re: ...been hanging around this old town too long.

Good stuff, like the placement and splash page.

FancyDad

Re: Noah's Ark

Good drawing

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Midnight Thunderstorm

I really like the simplicity, Jaden. And the placement and amount of space it takes up on the shirt is great too.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Fleur Une Ligne

The smidge of asymmetry that you put in there is the best part. I like.

FancyDad

Re: paisley peacock

Really cool. Dig the colors

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: LINE-O-LION

Well, this is number two. Since it didn't get much play on the last derby, i decided to turn my lions head into a line drawing... Roar.

Comments are welcome! Cheers!

FancyDad

I think it looks really cool. I'd like it better without the mirror effect. Really neat dude though.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
kparedes wrote:HA! Nice!

Ridiculous that this got rejected for the reason stated (can't tell what color this goes on). I included the solid-colored t-shirt! How is that possibly confusing????

undercurrent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages undercurrent

Change of color might do it for me! GMV on a resub!

FancyDad

Re: Times Square

wow that looks great

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JadenKale wrote:it's a very classic color combo:
Ties look slick, Baby Rooms look muted and soft, even Wedding Cakes look very high end in the color combo. I think it works very well.
He certainly looks dapper in it ;)

Ok, I take it back. 'Tis a classic colour combination. Looks good either way. ^^

And yay, drama and accusations abound!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kdubbs29

kdubbs29 wrote:Hope you enjoy the simplicity of a single, continuous line.

I had no idea that it was against the rules to use a slight variation in color for thumbnails, even though I show the t-shirt color on the comp, and I can't find anywhere in the specs that say that my shirt is illegal.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Freedom Guitar

Tough to read he words, but I like the concept

kdubbs29

SydneyB wrote:Um. I think it is SUPPOSED to have exactly one start point and one end point.

It doesn't say that specifically. It just had to be continuous. It just said that they should only be able to see 2 ends to the lines. I think that just implies that there shouldn't be any MORE than 2 ends, not that it couldn't be one connected line.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Burnt Out

How funny that we both had the same idea. Yours is pretty cool! Much better then mind. Although I have another one that I will be submitting soon. Good luck! GMV

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
kdubbs29 wrote:I had no idea that it was against the rules to use a slight variation in color for thumbnails, even though I show the t-shirt color on the comp, and I can't find anywhere in the specs that say that my shirt is illegal.

Submissions page. Below the field for the design detail image, click on the "What?" link. It says:

What do you mean by "design detail"?
The design detail is an image of your design on a solid background of one of the shirt.woot base colors.

It's also listed in the "unofficial derby rules" compiled by derekfilley. Woot's not the best at providing all the rules, so it's the best thing we've got.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

FancyDad

byrbwr wrote:bradyson is right, this does need zelda. another design banking on peoples' love of the nintendo. well, perhaps one day you'll have an original design of your very own!

your mama

Mitohapa

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mitohapa
Re: Tiger line

I mentioned it before, but I really like how you managed to render an entire tiger so well with just one line-- and your line weight variation is lovely; it really generates a sense of atmosphere. And personally, I like the girl. She adds narrative!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Kind of reminds me of the artistry in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. I like.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Got Any Ideas!

Had an Idea.... and Ta Da..... Here it is! L O L Stellardig