artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Stick Figures Love Adder

I had no idea that Vipera berus was so popular.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, I appreciate it. I'm getting pretty high on the list too!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: On the Prowl

You guys are such a great team! Great job on this one.

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin
Re: Line Dragon

definatly got my vote!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
Re: Winter Solace

wow, this one really caught my eye. great design, definitely has my vote.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

pinkymcgee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkymcgee
Re: Goggle Fish

I love this design! What a great piece of artwork! I would love it with either white or silver on black as well.

pinkymcgee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pinkymcgee
Re: So what if I can't fly? (v2)

Really nice work - the jagged lines trick your eye thinking it is not one line - but it is. Perhaps a better title?? "Penline-guin"??? I really like it!

southpaw3687

quality posts: 1 Private Messages southpaw3687
Re: Argyle... the Hard Way

anyone think this would be better if submitted in another color and if so, what?

yellowpascal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowpascal
Conrads wrote:Pretty cool! How did you make it?

I drew it in adobe illustrator, unfortunately the quality of the pictures didn't come out right when I converted it to jpeg

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Stick Figures Love Adder

Congrats on managing the letter A with one line. :D

capture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capture
Re: Ablaze

Very nice design. This would go lovely with your other shirt I have "Against the Sky". Believe it or not, but I am wearing it right now. haha!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik
FancyDad wrote:well now i am, thanks jerk.

ROFLMAO, sorry

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
artulo wrote:I had no idea that Vipera berus was so popular.

I thought it was you, Art, that ranted about stick figures, at first. So I actually have a [Stick Figure] hearts Artulo saved on my computer. And then I checked and realized my mistake. I think it would have been more plausible to be on a shirt with "[stick figure] hearts Art"

<insert something witty>

SuperFi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SuperFi
jjmoffitt wrote:As a EE I require one of these.

Ditto that my friend.

Kidgoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kidgoldstein
Re: c for city

Yeah I loved this, but it isn't one line.

<insert something witty>

Quolace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Quolace
Re: Apollo

Argh, I want this!

jordie5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jordie5000
christermime wrote:It's supposed to be a lionfish...

I guess maybe some line width could have changed this for some people--but I prefer thin line use since a lion fish is pretty delicate and frail.

suprjone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages suprjone
Re: Mythic Creature

deff like the shirt...like...like

Dorkfish92

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Dorkfish92
Conrads wrote:That is totally a copy of another person's entry....

uh oh, i didn't even look. Is it the same words too?

arctiqz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arctiqz
Re: Heartbeat

SOOO awesome. I'd buy one if it wins. Voted!

uglyfatjoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uglyfatjoe
KessiTheNinja wrote:Well I love this shirt... nicely done!!!=]

Thanks. I'm glad someone does.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Spiteless wrote:Wow man, thanks for the compliment. That's the first design I've ever done. Is there another place I should be submitting my stuff for better results?

There are several other t-shirt sites with contests, but none that I've seen with this much feedback, however negative. I do think this could win, but coming in on a Saturday puts you at a slight disadvantage to the entries that came in earlier. Other than that, there are certain themes that bring in votes, and it's hard to say what the voters will think of this.

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: Heron Rising

I like the colors, not too crazy about the design though. still gmv

SailOf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SailOf
killasandra wrote:I really do like the design on this shirt... but it's going to get rejected, you're not allowed to change the line color... i would suggest resubmitting it with just one color.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25978

Fixed

christermime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
pinkymcgee wrote:I love this design! What a great piece of artwork! I would love it with either white or silver on black as well.

Thank you for the kind comments. And yeah, maybe I should have done more variation in the line width to give it more depth, ah well.

kingannoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingannoy
StudyAbroadFund wrote:oh bless your soul for putting my favorite animal of all time on a t-shirt and doing it remarkably well

I just put it on a digital t-shirt, it doesn't seem to be going on a real t-shirt any time soon
But thats the way it goes I suppose, I'm allready quite happy with this response for a first try :P

Do you know any alternative printing options I could try when the derby has finished? (provided I dont pull a miracle and get into the fog after all )
Or could I be rejected for a Honorable Mention if I submit it for printing elsewhere?

uglyfatjoe

Re: The Not-So-Linear Walk of Life

I can't believe this shirt isn't at the top of the votes...you must not have enough friends on here...seriously some of the shirt designs with twice as many votes are crappier than koi on a stick.

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Ablaze

Congrats Mito on the fog! If this places, I will hopefully have another great shirt of yours (I love Against the Sky and the one from TeeFury which is gorgeous - what was the name? Something about Daydream?). I'm so glad you came out of "retirement". Just kidding, hope school is going well. Now you make me wish I'd gone to RISD instead of Brown ;-). It's an amazing school.
Love this melty fiery flower. I would never know this was for a derby challenge:it just looks hella cool.

uglyfatjoe

Re: continuous solitude

Very nice.

Melkoret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melkoret

Guys shut up about religion.

its freakin shirt.woot.com !!! hahaha get a grip !

anyways EPIC SHIRT! no offense, I love "From the Ashes" A LOT, but this one is just so much better. I really really hope it places in top 3 so i can buy it

Any shirt you can keep finding new things on is amazing, and combining it with a single line... EVEN MORE AMAZING!

Top Honors! GMV

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

Oh I hope this wins.

I'm a sucker for a lion shirt, and this one is really well done.

spacedowtjedi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacedowtjedi
Re: Pride Lord

Let's see it with black lines and you get my love.

fenderG

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fenderG
Re: sea-horse

Horse of the sea

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: sea-horse

awesome, I love seahorses. did one a bunch of derbies back. gmv.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog

I love the drawing style on this. It's so whimsical and strangely unemotional.

choptop82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choptop82

Agreed, it'd have my vote in a heartbeat if it fit the derby's criteria. Smart thinking, creating a handful of buildings and randomly reproducing them until it looks like a whole city. Great work.

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
Re: Vicodin Haze

wont look like this if its actually printed.

I once ate a cricket.

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Sadly, too many people on this forum seem to think that T-Shirts should be artistically aesthetic pieces. They think the art on a T-Shirt should send a message, make people think, and impress yuppies across the world due to the deep meaning behind a design.

These people (Original content not provided.) to realize that it's a friggin' T-Shirt, and that the one criteria for any T-Shirt is how good it would look while being worn. You can show me the most ambitious, complex, drawing in the history of art on a shirt, but if I'm going to look like a fool while wearing it there's no chance I'd buy it.

You walk a dangerous line. While it is in the designers' best interests to create simple, cute, and kitschy designs for this particular arena, I don't think that such a direction is going to inspire ground-breaking artwork. And I honestly don't think that such shirts will attract a customer base that will support the direction that Shirt.Woot takes the other 4 days of the week. Yes, I am one to talk.(/sarcasm)

JyroBritannica

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JyroBritannica
Conrads wrote:Thats a really cool design! How did you do that?

A little imagination mixed with a little photoshop. When I read the contest rules this was the very first thing that entered my head. This is my first design, I hope to follow it with many more to come.

tnt138

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tnt138
killasandra wrote:this design appears slightly messy and confusing... at least to me it looks like your t-rex has two bodies, or a second set of legs and tail coming off its side, rather than there being two dinosoars

ya, I guess it didn't quite work out the way I had hoped. Here is a pic of my original piece that I was trying to simplify:

Comment! Vote!