Lomky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lomky
Kaliko2005 wrote:Because there's no place like Ohm for the holidays. Please don't "resist" voting for my shirt design! We could all use a little energy for Christmas!

I like it, but I find the text a bit hard to read. Love the pun though. ahuhu

SaritaBeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SaritaBeth
Re: continuous solitude

beautiful. I agree that it does look like a carving. it has such a zen feel to it, so so so pretty. I want this to win in the worst way, will be in for 3 if it does. please consider submitting it for a daily or printing it elsewhere if it doesn't make it.

and another Edgar gets printed:

Fiction vs. Non-Fiction

http://cameesa.com/buy/design/168/fiction-vs-non-fiction

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
SaritaBeth wrote:when I looked at the larger image, I was able to follow it as one continuous line. you did a great job of going over and under with the line, sometimes its on top, sometimes on bottom. very impressive, got my vote.

Look at the car on the top area. The area underneath is defined by a unique line. I had the same problem with my snake design originally, but I realized it before I submitted it.

SydneyB

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SydneyB
Re: Winter Solace

Oh! How pretty!!

GMV!

crunchybitesized

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crunchybitesized
Re: Do It Yourself Shirt Design Brown (resub)

I totally missed the little area under the car where two separate lines are created. Fixed it here. Hope you all will re-vote for your favorite color! View larger version here!

Also, for those interested, here's a line seperated version that details the continuous line.

crunchybitesized

Re: Do It Yourself Shirt Design Royal Blue

I totally missed the little area under the car where two separate lines are created. Fixed it here and thought I'd submit on blue as well. Hope you all will re-vote for your favorite color! View larger version here!

Also, for those interested, here's a line seperated version that details the continuous line.

crunchybitesized

sekiyoku wrote:I hate to be one of "those" people, but this is not one line. The area under the car is a separate line, as well as the area under the arrow and balloon. Everything else looks valid, but you need to fix those parts otherwise woot will probably reject it.

Dhagnabit! I stared and stared at this thing before I submitted, can't believe I missed that. I resubmitted, just in case. Thanks for making that call sekiyoku... I totally appreciate it.

kaylamom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaylamom
sekiyoku wrote:I hate to be one of "those" people, but this is not one line. The area under the car is a separate line, as well as the area under the arrow and balloon. Everything else looks valid, but you need to fix those parts otherwise woot will probably reject it.

I'm glad you said something, sekiyoku. It stinks, but hopefully crunchybitesized can resubmit and climb fast. This design rocks and absolutely deserves to print!

kaylamom

crunchybitesized wrote:I totally missed one little area where there were two separate lines. Fixed it here and thought I'd submit on blue as well. Hope you all will re-vote if the other gets rejected. View larger version here!

I voted on both 'cause I LOVE this shirt, but I do prefer the brown.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

The car one is a separate line. Not seeing what you mean by "the area under the arrow and balloon". I think you subconsciously drew a line sealing off that area, when it's actually open and perfectly valid.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eHalcyon

Blueprinty!

Voted again.

kaylamom

eHalcyon wrote:Blueprinty!

Voted again.

Out of curiosity eHalcyon, did you vote for the brown resub?

eHalcyon

kaylamom wrote:Out of curiosity eHalcyon, did you vote for the brown resub?

Yes ma'am. It's a quality design so I voted for both resubs.

crunchybitesized

eHalcyon wrote:Blueprinty!

I had originally thought about having it on blue with the blueprint idea in mind (just thought I'd look better in brown if it actually printed). Thought I'd submit blue version on your recommendation and see what happens.

kaylamom

eHalcyon wrote:The car one is a separate line. Not seeing what you mean by "the area under the arrow and balloon". I think you subconsciously drew a line sealing off that area, when it's actually open and perfectly valid.

sekiyoku saw the sphere next the the car as a balloon. It's actually two little bits right there next to each other under and to the right of the car....under car and under *sphere* and arrow.

kaylamom

kaylamom wrote:sekiyoku saw the sphere next the the car as a balloon. It's actually two little bits right there next to each other under and to the right of the car....under car and under *sphere* and arrow.

Wow! That filter is something. sphere= b a l l

kaylamom

eHalcyon wrote:Yes ma'am. It's a quality design so I voted for both resubs.

rockin! I was wondering if having more than one option would fudge things....but at this point why not, eh? Boy, I hope you miraculously fog, crunchy!

schirfmt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schirfmt
TurboGraphx16 wrote:You instead want people to believe you're a mindless fool who doesn't think scientific facts prove anything?

It would appear that way.

[/facepalm]

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: An Incomplete Zebra Resub (Complete Version)

Second Version on white - how I originally planned. Also, line is corrected, and the eye is now a more sucky, yet unambiguously rule compliant, line segment.

SpicyPoptart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpicyPoptart
Re: WHY ME!?

I think I did it wrong..... D:
Sad day

mrgodly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgodly

from the bottom up, the line stops at the car .... not exactly continuous.. =x but very nice concept and design gj

stevothomas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevothomas

stevothomas

eHalcyon

kaylamom wrote:sekiyoku saw the sphere next the the car as a balloon. It's actually two little bits right there next to each other under and to the right of the car....under car and under *sphere* and arrow.

Ahh, I see. I was looking at the actual balloon.

Crunchy, you should remove this entry. It'll be rejected eventually anyway, but in the meanwhile it may be diverting attention away from your resubs. You can remove your own entry within 24 hours of submission by clicking the red X that appears above your design on the right.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
kingannoy wrote:What software are you using? If you use Illustrator you can easily click one line and if everything is connected it will all be selected.

Less acurately but still effective you could use the magic wand tool in Photoshop on the line. Just be sure to set it to contagious ;)

ROFLMAO
I do believe you meant contiguous

choptop82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choptop82
DavidShenoda wrote:Second Version on white - how I originally planned. Also, line is corrected, and the eye is now a more sucky, yet unambiguously rule compliant, line segment.

Hey, it may not be as satisfying, but at least it's compliant. I'd love to see some sort of tut on how you planned out your lines.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Glad to see you resubmitted, I too, prefer the blue one. Very clever idea, it must have taken a very long time to plan out.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

I like the brown better personally.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

Wow, I totally missed the error in line continuity in the old one, and I traced it from start to finish too. Re-voted.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl

I would love to see this back in the fog.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
yankeebird wrote:You're still out of the printable area.

and, the drops are not lines, they're filled.

skibbereengirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skibbereengirl
Re: Resist

I would love to see this back in the fog.

jda318

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jda318
Re: I lub you (Ode to a Tennis sphere)

Better late than never....

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat
Re: And So Beats the Music of My Heart

love it! love it! love it! i'm a musician.

jsmorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsmorris
Re: Offensive Line

sorry for the bad pun

eHalcyon

Random tip: Before the 24 hour window closes, you should remove either this entry or the brown version to avoid splitting your votes. Choose to keep the one with a higher vote count; if the totals are relatively close with no apparent difference in popularity, just pick the one you personally like better.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M

I like the "blueprint" idea myself. +

stevothomas

Well, thanks for the comments. I can assure you that there is only one line. Shrinking the image down can meld some very close switchbacks.

Note to self: No politics on future Woots.

xxchange

quality posts: 44 Private Messages xxchange
Re: beeline

Should resub on yellow

My Colours: 6 Black, 9 Asphalt, 7 Cranberry, 4 Royal Blue, 10 Navy, 7 Silver, 7 Grass, 2 Orange, 2 Kelly Green, 8 Brown, 1 White, 2 Lemon, 7 Baby Blue, 3 Cream, 2 Heather Gray, 5 Olive, 1 Pink, 1 Eggplant

Last 12 of 85: Little Dreams, Black and White, Fall, I'm not prickley on the inside..., Released, Nature Owl, Mirror Mirror, The Last Day, Playful Foxes Remix, My Special Day, My Special Day Tote, Circuit-ulatory System Remix

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez
Re: Marionette

DANG!!!!

that is incredibly sinister-awesome -

unbelievable! nice work. . .

I don't see why this isn't up at the top