ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Update on the quarter, please.

Good Luck getting an answer. I've asked him twice already and gotten nada.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
DA59 wrote:Good Luck getting an answer. I've asked him twice already and gotten nada.

Well, that's not very nice.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Well, that's not very nice.

Well, we can all send him a email on his school account!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Well, we can all send him a email on his school account!

Or each of us can keep bugging him here.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

Just heard on the commercial for the Slap Shot(that weird guy):

You're gonna love my nuts.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

DA59 wrote:Just heard on the commercial for the Slap Shot(that weird guy):

You're gonna love my nuts.

"We're gonna make America thin again!!!!"

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac

Hey! Sorry for the interruption - I'm helping JudyL1118 with an update on our wine.woot group page on Facebook. I'll pop in periodically just in case some people won't have the time to read every post on each page. Bear with us for a bit? You can follow the link in my signature line, or if you're already a group member, please check into the forum for just a moment. Thanks!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody!

mornin' folks

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226

http://fredericksburg.com/weeklychallenge

My local newspaper does a "daily challenge" contest, and today (27 January) there's a picture for question #2, and the guy's wearing a woot T-shirt!!

(the picture for the first question is the sign for the "Spotsylvenia Towne Centre," which used to be called the Spotsylvania Mall until the organized crime boss owners decided that "towne centre" was classier. This mall, er, centre, is about 1.5 miles from Chez 9226!)

Josephus

Yikes! some woman gave birth to 8 babies, all alive! all are off the ventilators.

inconceivable.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Josephus wrote:Yikes! some woman gave birth to 8 babies, all alive! all are off the ventilators.

inconceivable.

Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Also inconceivable, I have an entry in the derby this week!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all.

My word of the day, via email:

groundling
1: a spectator who stood in the pit of an Elizabethan theater *2: a person of unsophisticated taste
*The movie reviewer blasted the new romantic comedy, calling it “a raunchy, lowbrow romp guaranteed to appeal to no one but the groundlings.”

My son and I must be groundlings. We love lowbrow comedy.

FORUM MODERATOR

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Also inconceivable, I have an entry in the derby this week!

not just inconceivable, but also quite weirdly, someone has voted what looks like 20 votes for my 2 designs and Laura's design this morning. so we sit there, in the hotness, getting no more votes, because no-one is getting any votes at 9:30 AM, looking like I'm cheating by voting up my designs. WHEN I'M NOT. very odd.

SkekTek

Josephus wrote:not just inconceivable, but also quite weirdly, someone has voted what looks like 20 votes for my 2 designs and Laura's design this morning. so we sit there, in the hotness, getting no more votes, because no-one is getting any votes at 9:30 AM, looking like I'm cheating by voting up my designs. WHEN I'M NOT. very odd.

Who has that many votes that can put that kind of spin on their own designs?

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Josephus wrote:not just inconceivable, but also quite weirdly, someone has voted what looks like 20 votes for my 2 designs and Laura's design this morning. so we sit there, in the hotness, getting no more votes, because no-one is getting any votes at 9:30 AM, looking like I'm cheating by voting up my designs. WHEN I'M NOT. very odd.

Maybe it's the "DIVA EARTH" person, since that one still has more votes than you?

Probably not.

I have a couple accounts that I can influence voting with, but certainly not 20.... yet!

SkekTek

kenney9226 wrote:Maybe it's the "DIVA EARTH" person, since that one still has more votes than you?

Probably not.

I have a couple accounts that I can influence voting with, but certainly not 20.... yet!

Same here... but maybe... working in concert... nah.

Josephus

SkekTek wrote:Who has that many votes that can put that kind of spin on their own designs?

I don't know. To buy that many different items, using that many different email addresses is certainly beyond my compulsion levels. It is annoying, though, especially since someone claimed I was somehow cheating last night, long after I'd gone to bed. My only thought is that because both my and Laura's design got votes last night, someone thought we were voting them up as a pair. I think it far more likely that there was some cross referencing going on that gave both of them votes. I wish woot'd fix this mess with the multiple accounts, though I don't see how they really can.

Clearly someone has that many accounts, and all those votes in the hotness are going to disappear probably at the same time. I know when I got up this moring, you could be in the hotness with as few as 2 votes, because most of the designs had from 2-3 votes, including my mosaic (a nice moring surprise), which had 2. At some time after 8:00 all 3 of mine had 20. just disturbing.

Josephus

In the real world, I have partially repaired my oak desk I got from Indpls. The top is all scratched up, making it impossible to write on, but the desk itself is solid, and weighs approximately 3 tons. I really need to figure out what to do about the top.

joyner

Joe, I just voted for your three headed dog and for laura's design but where is another one of yours?

Josephus

joyner wrote:Joe, I just voted for your three headed dog and for laura's design but where is another one of yours?

Thank you.

Here:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=27161

My wife (who didn't vote for it) said it is the worst drawing of mine she's ever seen!

I like it myself- I just love the look on Ulysses face when he sees what a little thing Polyphemus is. I was expecting this one to be my favorite design to get no votes at all. :^D

finally those 20 votes disappeared, which is why that shirt dropped out of the hotness.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Josephus wrote:Yikes! some woman gave birth to 8 babies, all alive! all are off the ventilators.

inconceivable.

I wonder if the mother also will try to force herself down the world's throat while exploiting her children like that unlikeable and alienating Kate What's-Her-Bucket!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

joyner

Josephus wrote:Thank you.

Here:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=27161

My wife (who didn't vote for it) said it is the worst drawing of mine she's ever seen!

I like it myself- I just love the look on Ulysses face when he sees what a little thing Polyphemus is. I was expecting this one to be my favorite design to get no votes at all. :^D

finally those 20 votes disappeared, which is why that shirt dropped out of the hotness.

those are fine eyebrows! I vote for you and skek just 'cause. Is there a way to search by artist?

Josephus

joyner wrote:those are fine eyebrows! I vote for you and skek just 'cause. Is there a way to search by artist?

the closest thing you can do that I've found is to go to http://www.shirtderbystats.com, and find one of the artist's designs, and click on their name, which will have a link that then shows all their entries in the current derby. you can also search through previous derbies once you've done that.

ThunderThighs

Staff

PemberDucky wrote:I wonder if the mother also will try to force herself down the world's throat while exploiting her children like that unlikeable and alienating Kate What's-Her-Bucket!

I watch that show now and then on channel surfing. The kids are cute and I will say that Kate & what's his name seem to be great parents. But dang, she sure gets uptight easily. Can't fault them for finding a way to fund their family.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Well, we're waiting for the freezing rain & road icing to start. We're at 30 (22 w/c) now. The falling precipitation is just north of us. Could be dicey getting home. Wondering if they'll end up releasing school early. That's always a mess because you can't let the little ones go until bus time or their parents pick them up. Could be a delay tomorrow morning.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Morning everybody. Got 3 to 5 inches of snow overnight, depending on if you ask me or husband. I think 3. Doing nothing now, but supposed to start sleet/freezing rain later today and then turn back to snow again.

Great breakfast today! Husband got up first and cut grapefruit and fried bacon. Then I had leftover egg mixture from egg muffins last night and scrambled that, which looked really Christmasy with the green onion and diced red pepper in it. Add sourdough toast and, voila!, brunch.

The woman who had the litter of eight babies said last night that she was going to breastfeed. Okay. That sounds like the easiest part of the job because, obviously, she won't have time to do anything but sit and nurse.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:The woman who had the litter of eight babies said last night that she was going to breastfeed. Okay. That sounds like the easiest part of the job because, obviously, she won't have time to do anything but sit and nurse.

Unless she's a cow, she's going to have to supplement her milk with formula, I'm betting. But kudos to her for doing it!

FORUM MODERATOR

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

//smack daj

poof! you got your to the top button!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
pooflady wrote:Morning everybody. Got 3 to 5 inches of snow overnight, depending on if you ask me or husband. I think 3.

I think we all know who's right here.

//must...resist...randomly quoted posts thread...

pooflady

cruzer wrote:morning all.

//smack daj

I was wondering when you were going to come up for air. Glad to be home?

pooflady

mwiseman wrote:I think we all know who's right here.

//must...resist...randomly quoted posts thread...

L O L - husband took a ruler out - 4 inches.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
pooflady wrote:L O L - husband took a ruler out - 4 inches.

STOP IT!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:morning all.

//smack daj

//smack smack smack smack smack

There, that should catch you up for a while.

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

Wow, the plow's been down the street three times in the past ten minutes, once down each side and once throwing salt. Talk about service!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Wow, the plow's been down the street three times in the past ten minutes, once down each side and once throwing salt. Talk about service!

That is us tomorrow. I just canceled a eye doctor appointment.
First of all, I never went to the eye doctor (the guy with the PhD, not the MD. The guy who does all the work!) to get my history.
I can't remember when the eye went blind...when the sight came back, what it was called. When the cataract was taken out, when the rest of the cataract was lazered out (the meds that got the sight back cause cataracts and the cataract was huge by then.

so, in other words, I'm looking for a reason not to go in the snow tomorrow. The other cataract isn't ready to come out anyway. That is why I'm going. It is just too hard to park where the doctor who did the other one has his office.
I want a nice surburban parking lot!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Well, it is mom day. Gotta get there early so we can go to the hospital...again. Then, once we are there, she makes excuses on why we have to leave.
Dog was out. I did a cleanup at the park, so my dog poop Karma is set for weeks and weeks now! If I can't find his poo, I picked up a ton of someone elses and it all evens out in the end!
Plus a broken beer bottle.

Stupid dog doesn't like chasing grapenuts. How the heck can I run him????
Met two dogs, neither could play.

Rats clean and fed!

Now I need to clean me...but I'm typing to myself.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

grapenuts? What happened to spheres?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Well, it is mom day. Gotta get there early so we can go to the hospital...again. Then, once we are there, she makes excuses on why we have to leave.
Dog was out. I did a cleanup at the park, so my dog poop Karma is set for weeks and weeks now! If I can't find his poo, I picked up a ton of someone elses and it all evens out in the end!
Plus a broken beer bottle.

Stupid dog doesn't like chasing grapenuts. How the heck can I run him????
Met two dogs, neither could play.

Rats clean and fed!

Now I need to clean me...but I'm typing to myself.

You are an interesting read, you know that?

FORUM MODERATOR