mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

A good friend of mine, just 48 years old, recently had a stroke in the middle of the night. Luckily his wife woke up and called EMS. He's coming along slowly, although, His biggest obstacle is speech.

Good luck on your recovery, G'man. Stay positive and have a damn beer if you want one.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gman! Good to see you!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

hiya d'name!! it's good to be seen!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:hiya d'name!! it's good to be seen!

I'm not over the whole smack ya, hug ya thing.
(if I find that in the post that can be read more than one way thread, I'll put someone on probation for a billion hours)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

mwiseman wrote:A good friend of mine, just 48 years old, recently had a stroke in the middle of the night. Luckily his wife woke up and called EMS. He's coming along slowly, although, His biggest obstacle is speech.

Good luck on your recovery, G'man. Stay positive and have a damn beer if you want one.

tks and I plan on it especially Ssunday!!and Saturday angdFriday evening, too.
my speech recovered fairly quickly althouh i slur

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It didn't effect you ability to read d'name, did it?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:It didn't effect you ability to read d'name, did it?

nope

AZGman

dontwantaname wrote:It didn't effect you ability to read d'name, did it?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:nope

Good! I would hate to have to make sense.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 590 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Good! I would hate to have to make sense.

WAIT! That's been an option all this time?!?!?!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
dontwantaname wrote:Good! I would hate to have to make sense.

It's way too late for that.

AZGman

time to head back to my room; cya all later!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:time to head back to my room; cya all later!!

Come back soon!!!!
Miss ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:time to head back to my room; cya all later!!

Laterz then.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey again, been out all day. Man it sure is good to hear from AZ. I was imagining him under a bus or a horse from the inaugural parade. Our preacher just had a stroke. It was the terrible kind of stoke, I forget what it is called. He was not expected to live. The kind that the TPA stuff doesn't work on. He had it Thanksgiving week and still can't speak or do much with his left side. He's been in re-hab for weeks. Going to walk. See y'all later.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Darn driveway is in the shade and has a slight slope away from the garage. One step out and down I slid. Son came out and slid then plop. He managed to get back up to the garage and pulled me in with a broom. We just poured hot water on it to thaw it. Thankfully, it's aobut 40 out so maybe it'll dry before night.

FORUM MODERATOR

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
DA59 wrote:Darn driveway is in the shade and has a slight slope away from the garage. One step out and down I slid. Son came out and slid then plop. He managed to get back up to the garage and pulled me in with a broom. We just poured hot water on it to thaw it. Thankfully, it's aobut 40 out so maybe it'll dry before night.

just set your car on fire and leave it in the driveway to dry it.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

DA59 wrote:Darn driveway is in the shade and has a slight slope away from the garage. One step out and down I slid. Son came out and slid then plop. He managed to get back up to the garage and pulled me in with a broom. We just poured hot water on it to thaw it. Thankfully, it's aobut 40 out so maybe it'll dry before night.

Yeah, everything here that was shoveled has melted clean, even the stuff in the shade, like my steps and driveway. But it is all wet. Very wet. If the temperature drops it is going to be a sheet of ice.
Hubby never believes me. He will be driving home in ice.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:just set your car on fire and leave it in the driveway to dry it.

Maybe you should drive your car over and do that.
I'm sure daj would give you a cup of hot coco or something to make the trip worthwhile!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Maybe you should drive your car over and do that.
I'm sure daj would give you a cup of hot coco or something to make the trip worthwhile!

the therapist said i shouldn't try to drive while on meds.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:the therapist said i shouldn't try to drive while on meds.

Let miss1 drive!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Let miss1 drive!

she can't reach the pedals.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:she can't reach the pedals.

Glue some sticks to the pedals

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Glue some sticks to the pedals

ok, we're ready. what's the address?

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Don't suppose you have a security camera that got that on tape? I'd buy a copy.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:ok, we're ready. what's the address?

Texas you can't miss it!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:Texas you can't miss it!

there seems to be a lot of driveways there. can you be more specific?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:there seems to be a lot of driveways there. can you be more specific?

The 3,596th one on the left

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:The 3,596th one on the left

your left or my left?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:your left or my left?

yep.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
no1 wrote:the therapist said i shouldn't try to drive while on meds.

there's no traction. you really need pavement or some good rock.

no1

Josephus wrote:you really need ... some good rock.

that's what i keep telling my parole occifer, but he just threatens to send me back to prison.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Don't suppose you have a security camera that got that on tape? I'd buy a copy.

It was pretty funny. Especially when son fell....twice (once I was sure he wasn't hurt).

FORUM MODERATOR

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
DA59 wrote:Zombies Ahead! Hackers Crack Into Texas Road Sign

That's hilarious! I like that the guy in charge of the sign was just like, yeah, that was funny, but not what it's supposed to be used for. At least he admits it was funny and had a sense of humor about it! I love Austin!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It was horrible! No power for two hours!!!!
But now it is back.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:It was horrible! No power for two hours!!!!
But now it is back.

how were you able to microwave your pizza rolls?

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:It was horrible! No power for two hours!!!!
But now it is back.

Be thankful it was only 2 hours!

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Take a look at the newest failblog.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

greeneyedgal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal

So, I had a delayed start this morning due to ice. I was happy and excited I got an extra two hours of sleep! So, I walk out to my car in a good mood all ready to go. Even when I see ice on my car I think noting of it. "Oh, haha there's some ice on my car. Poor car, she's probably cold!" I unlock my car using the button and all's well until I try to open my door. It doesn't open. koi! My car is frozen shut... I pull on it until I'm afraid I'm going to break the door handle off and walk around to pop the trunk. The trunk pops and I'm able to open it with only a little struggle. I consider climbing through my car (you can put down the back seat to get into the cabin of the car) to try to force the door open from the inside. I'm dressed for work, though and don't really feel like climbing, so I decide to make this a last resort. It occurs to me that I might need to pry my way in. So I take my keys and dig at the ice on the outline of the door and force it open. "Yes! It's open I'm good! I'll only be about 10 minutes late!" I climb in, shut the door, look out the windshield and koi! I can't see anything through the ice. I turn on the car (thank goodness it starts without issue) and turn my defrosters on hot and wait. This is taking too long; I'm late and it's not melting fast enough. So, being the impatient person that I am I rummage through my glove box (that I wished had contained gloves because my hands/fingers are numb by this point) and find old sunglasses, car repair receipts, an fm iPod transmitter and a plastic spatula-looking thing. So, I take the spatula-looking thing and start hacking at my windshield hoping that I'm not scratching the glass but not really doing much to avoid it. Thirty minutes later, my fingers are REALLY numb, but there's enough ice off the windshield to see through it... mostly... I'm nearly 45 minutes late to work by now, but I'm in my car driving the 10 minutes to work. That's when it all occurs to me - you had a 2 hour delay for work this morning because of below freezing temperatures and rain. You live in an apartment complex without a garage or even covered parking, OF COURSE your car would be frozen shut! OF COURSE you're going to have to scrap ice off your windshield! But, spending my entire life on the southeast coast of Texas these thoughts never crossed my mind before hand when it would have done me some good. So, I get to work and no one's mad I was late, thankfully! I was, however, made fun of all day for being a complete and total ditz...

Oh well, I guess I deserved it...

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
greeneyedgal wrote:So, I had a delayed start this morning due to ice. I was happy and excited I got an extra two hours of sleep! So, I walk out to my car in a good mood all ready to go. Even when I see ice on my car I think noting of it. "Oh, haha there's some ice on my car. Poor car, she's probably cold!" I unlock my car using the button and all's well until I try to open my door. It doesn't open. koi! My car is frozen shut... I pull on it until I'm afraid I'm going to break the door handle off and walk around to pop the trunk. The trunk pops and I'm able to open it with only a little struggle. I consider climbing through my car (you can put down the back seat to get into the cabin of the car) to try to force the door open from the inside. I'm dressed for work, though and don't really feel like climbing, so I decide to make this a last resort. It occurs to me that I might need to pry my way in. So I take my keys and dig at the ice on the outline of the door and force it open. "Yes! It's open I'm good! I'll only be about 10 minutes late!" I climb in, shut the door, look out the windshield and koi! I can't see anything through the ice. I turn on the car (thank goodness it starts without issue) and turn my defrosters on hot and wait. This is taking too long; I'm late and it's not melting fast enough. So, being the impatient person that I am I rummage through my glove box (that I wished had contained gloves because my hands/fingers are numb by this point) and find old sunglasses, car repair receipts, an fm iPod transmitter and a plastic spatula-looking thing. So, I take the spatula-looking thing and start hacking at my windshield hoping that I'm not scratching the glass but not really doing much to avoid it. Thirty minutes later, my fingers are REALLY numb, but there's enough ice off the windshield to see through it... mostly... I'm nearly 45 minutes late to work by now, but I'm in my car driving the 10 minutes to work. That's when it all occurs to me - you had a 2 hour delay for work this morning because of below freezing temperatures and rain. You live in an apartment complex without a garage or even covered parking, OF COURSE you're car would be frozen shut! OF COURSE you're going to have to scrap ice off your windshield! But, spending my entire life on the southeast coast of Texas these thoughts never crossed my mind before hand when it would have done me some good. So, I get to work and no one's mad I was late, thankfully! I was, however, made fun of all day for being a complete and total ditz...

Oh well, I guess I deserved it...

Could have been worse- you could have broken your key off in the doorframe trying to pry it open...