ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Take a look at the newest failblog.

Son showed me that the other day. Gotta figure it's a set up since it's filmed so nicely.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greeneyedgal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
SkekTek wrote:Could have been worse- you could have broken your key off in the doorframe trying to pry it open...



True!! There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong. I was actually really lucky everything went fairly smoothly. Looking at my door, windshield and windows this afternoon, I don't think I left any visible scratch marks. I was just commenting on what will for sure be my ditziest moment of the week.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Hi All. Been kinda out of it mentally the last couple days (and letting Orc have a turn with the laptop). Looks like you all finally found something to chat about so I guess I will be back reading. . . .

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
greeneyedgal wrote:True!! There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong. I was actually really lucky everything went fairly smoothly. Looking at my door, windshield and windows this afternoon, I don't think I left any visible scratch marks. I was just commenting on what will for sure be my ditziest moment of the week.



Or so you hope.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

greeneyedgal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
pooflady wrote:Or so you hope.



ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

greeneyedgal wrote:Cold story..

May I suggest



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

greeneyedgal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
DA59 wrote:May I suggest



Yeah, probably a good idea. I know I need at least an ice scraper.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
DA59 wrote:May I suggest



Had that on the news tonight. Also
http://www.toolusa.com/4-12-acrylic-ice-scraper-w-warm-glove-p-2850.html?zenid=o5k72ug59o2g5nc0sqbib495j5. I have one something like this for years.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Hi All. Been kinda out of it mentally the last couple days (and letting Orc have a turn with the laptop). Looks like you all finally found something to chat about so I guess I will be back reading. . . .



hi! was wondering where you had wandered off to. hope you're back into the swing of things now.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Had that on the news tonight. Also
http://www.toolusa.com/4-12-acrylic-ice-scraper-w-warm-glove-p-2850.html?zenid=o5k72ug59o2g5nc0sqbib495j5. I have one something like this for years.

I just have the Long handled scraper



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

GEG....When I was first married many years ago, we had a Mustang and the doors and locks always froze shut.
We learned to get a big pot or pitcher of really hot water, pour it over the lock/handle and then open it fast.
Works faster than chipping away and no damage to the paint.

We got about 8" of snow in this storm, no ice.
Thank goodness!



dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

greeneyedgal wrote:So, I had a delayed start this morning due to ice. ..



Didn't I say that the delay is always spent getting out of the driveway.

For the future, you can break off your door handle trying to pull the door open.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:Hi All. Been kinda out of it mentally the last couple days (and letting Orc have a turn with the laptop). Looks like you all finally found something to chat about so I guess I will be back reading. . . .



I asked last night about you. Glad you're back.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:Didn't I say that the delay is always spent getting out of the driveway.

For the future, you can break off your door handle trying to pull the door open.



And they said on the news tonight not to do that. The water could refreeze. They suggested two things. (1) heat your key with a cigarette lighter a couple of times and insert it in the lock. (2) heat a wet cloth in the microwave and put it over the lock. The second one sounds kind of stupid. By the time you get the cloth to the car, it's cold.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
pooflady wrote:And they said on the news tonight not to do that. The water could refreeze. They suggested two things. (1) heat your key with a cigarette lighter a couple of times and insert it in the lock. (2) heat a wet cloth in the microwave and put it over the lock. The second one sounds kind of stupid. By the time you get the cloth to the car, it's cold.


Yeah, I never said it was smart.
But it worked for us.



SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
greeneyedgal wrote:True!! There were a lot of things that could have gone wrong. I was actually really lucky everything went fairly smoothly. Looking at my door, windshield and windows this afternoon, I don't think I left any visible scratch marks. I was just commenting on what will for sure be my ditziest moment of the week.



Thankfully here it turned to rain and kinda all fixed itself. Even though roads and sidewalks were fine, still had students trying to weasel out of class...

Of course, everything's wet now and going to get down to 25, so MY door is probably going to be frozen shut :O

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote: Thankfully here it turned to rain and kinda all fixed itself. Even though roads and sidewalks were fine, still had students trying to weasel out of class...

Of course, everything's wet now and going to get down to 25, so MY door is probably going to be frozen shut :O



I have a half inch of ice all over the car. Should have cleaned it off today, but decided to wait till tomorrow. Husband said earlier it was kind of misty out, probably more ice forming.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I have a half inch of ice all over the car. Should have cleaned it off today, but decided to wait till tomorrow. Husband said earlier it was kind of misty out, probably more ice forming.


So, if you had cleared it, you would have to clear it again tomorrow.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:So, if you had cleared it, you would have to clear it again tomorrow.



Probably. Not definitely, and maybe not as much, but probably.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

greeneyedgal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneyedgal
SkekTek wrote: Thankfully here it turned to rain and kinda all fixed itself. Even though roads and sidewalks were fine, still had students trying to weasel out of class...

Of course, everything's wet now and going to get down to 25, so MY door is probably going to be frozen shut :O



I probably would have been one of those students trying to weasel out of class. More so in high school than college, but still might have. If your car is the one frozen shut, my advice to you is two-fold:

1) Be prepared to crawl through your trunk so as not to break off your door handle.
2) Have an ice scraper handy. It will probably would better than my plastic spatula-looking thing.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
greeneyedgal wrote: I probably would have been one of those students trying to weasel out of class. More so in high school than college, but still might have. If your car is the one frozen shut, my advice to you is two-fold:

1) Be prepared to crawl through your trunk so as not to break off your door handle.
2) Have an ice scraper handy. It will probably would better than my plastic spatula-looking thing.



I did that once. Tried a melamine spatula. Broke the darn thing off. So now we have industrial-strength scrapers. I expect the following, based on past experience:

1) key doesn't unlock the driver's door- dunno why, prolly because someone tried to break in the car a long time ago and never got it fixed.
2) use automatic unlock on the fob. Unlocks everything but the driver's door. Again, it does that occasionally and dunno why.
3) have to open back driver's door, but it's frozen shut. Pull real hard, door finally opens.
4) unlock driver's door by lifting inside door lock.
5) open driver's door and get in.
6) Realize didn't scrape ice off windows, get back out, etc...

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead

it's like 45 degrees here. I'm freezing.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:it's like 45 degrees here. I'm freezing.


It was almost 40 here and I'm hot!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:It was almost 40 here and I'm hot!

It's 30 here and I'm cold.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
dontwantaname wrote:It was almost 40 here and I'm hot!



...can't decide whether to go with a joke about telling people about your level of attractiveness, or one about hot flashes...

I used to be accustomed to cold and felt like 60 was shorts weather.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
DA59 wrote:It's 30 here and I'm cold.



Are you posting from your back yard? Go inside!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Are you posting from your back yard? Go inside!



It's 72 here in my house and I'm comfortable.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:It was almost 40 here and I'm hot!



You're bragging again, aren't you?

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:...can't decide whether to go with a joke about telling people about your level of attractiveness, or one about hot flashes...

I used to be accustomed to cold and felt like 60 was shorts weather.



Try them both. I'm use to the abuse.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
dontwantaname wrote:Try them both. I'm use to the abuse.



no hablo ingles.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Good DB entry, Skek.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
dontwantaname wrote:Try them both. I'm use to the abuse.



Why aren't you posting on chunder anymore? We see you come in and leave, but you never say anything and then you leave the door open and let all the heat out.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

zea3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good frosty evening folks!

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Schrobblehead wrote:Why aren't you posting on chunder anymore? We see you come in and leave, but you never say anything and then you leave the door open and let all the heat out.



You sound like my husband!

You are talking too much. I never know what is going on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Schrobblehead


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
dontwantaname wrote:You sound like my husband!

You are talking too much. I never know what is going on.



I do talk too much.

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

cruzer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
acemom wrote:GEG....When I was first married many years ago, we had a Mustang and the doors and locks always froze shut.
We learned to get a big pot or pitcher of really hot water, pour it over the lock/handle and then open it fast.
Works faster than chipping away and no damage to the paint.




Sounds like a good way to break glass. could be fun to watch though

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Good DB entry, Skek.



Thanks. About to put another one up that's even better.

EDIT: Ack! Just after posting, IE crashed. So much for IE8 Beta...

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:Good frosty evening folks!



Hi, Zea.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

I'm sorry, sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to kill it.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Hi, Zea.



Way to kill the thread, poof