KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
PemberDucky wrote:Durnit. Just found an opening for a job that pretty much matches my qualifications and pays more than my current gig. It was posted 3 days ago, and normally I'd figure the position's still open, but they made it a point to write "immediate opening."

I'll submit my stuff, but I hope I'm not too late. What do ya'll think?

If its a gov't gig I'd say they already have someone and the post is a formality, but HR may make them consider you.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

KtCallista wrote:If its a gov't gig I'd say they already have someone and the post is a formality, but HR may make them consider you.

Nah, private company. I sent all my stuff over. It's only been 3-4 days...maybe they're still conducting interviews. We shall see!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
PemberDucky wrote:Nah, private company. I sent all my stuff over. It's only been 3-4 days...maybe they're still conducting interviews. We shall see!

Good luck! They could be doing the opening in bursts then, so who knows. Goodness knows there are enough people looking for work!

I found a gig doing a lot of what I used to do, but it is on a three day post and at the University that is shorthand for "we already have someone, but we have to post the job to go through the official fairness loops." I didn't my Letter done tonight (the application is a letter explaining how you meet and exceed all the minimum requirements and desired - about 20 items total, bleh). Maybe I can do it tomorrow, we won't have chicken pox vaccine, and eye doctor appointments and chaos, just me- and my cold, two kids that are coming down with stuff, one of which I am fairly certain will be getting spots that upon professional inspection will be determined to be chicken pox. Then again, i could be wrong and she just has a very very bad cold.

Goodnight all!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Daughter needs to get dressed so I can take her to school. Hope everybody is warm and has power. Be safe!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning joyner.

morning lurkers!

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

morning all.

cruzer

morning joe. how goes it?

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3

Good morning!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
pooflady wrote:Yeah, but..but Zea comes on and says Hi. I say Hi back. And she disappears. She didn't want me to say hi?

I said "Hi" at 9:20. No body said "Hi" back so after 10 minutes I left. You said "Hi" at 9:41. I was already gone. And you didn't kill the thread, Skek did. His post was at 9:27, your post to say "hi" was at 9:41. So....the thread killer was Skek, with the coffee mug in the birdcage!

cruzer

zea3 wrote:I said "Hi" at 9:20. No body said "Hi" back so after 10 minutes I left. You said "Hi" at 9:41. I was already gone. And you didn't kill the thread, Skek did. His post was at 9:27, your post to say "hi" was at 9:41. So....the thread killer was Skek, with the coffee mug in the birdcage!

morning zea!

Way to make poof feel bad!

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
PemberDucky wrote:Durnit. Just found an opening for a job that pretty much matches my qualifications and pays more than my current gig. It was posted 3 days ago, and normally I'd figure the position's still open, but they made it a point to write "immediate opening."

I'll submit my stuff, but I hope I'm not too late. What do ya'll think?

This exact thing is going on in my office right now with about four jobs! If the guvment job was advertised for only a week or so, it's a safe bet they had someone internal in mind for that job, but there's hope.

If you're a veteran of the armed forces, you get bonus points that put you on the top of the pile of qualified applicants, and that makes it more difficult for the guvment to hire the person they had in mind (but not impossible).

The guvment is all about fairness, so as long as you meet the requirements, they ought to interview you, at least, and if they like you, they might have another job for you somewhere-- that's what I think is going to happen for one job that got advertised here and multiple qualified candidates applied.

good luck!

(edit: took me so long to write this that it appears the issue got resolved already and my comments are rendered pointless. why do I leave them? POSTERITY!!)

joyner

Hey texas people have you warmed up any?

cruzer

joyner wrote:Hey texas people have you warmed up any?

It was actually a fairly decent day here yesterday. Into the 50's I believe.

Supposed to be mid 60's today.

The whole ice thing was a big joke in south ATX.

joyner

cruzer wrote:It was actually a fairly decent day here yesterday. Into the 50's I believe.

Supposed to be mid 60's today.

The whole ice thing was a big joke in south ATX.

It is supposed to be 50 today here in western nc. We missed all the bad weather. Thankfully!

Josephus

KtCallista wrote:Our car freezes bad, one of the reasons getting a new car is on the priority list. Once temps get near freezing we can't lock the doors. Not only will the locks freeze but the door mechanism freezes, and without being able to disengage the lock there is no chance of getting the doors to thaw enough for them to latch again should you get the door open (yes this a problem!!!!) I am sadly proficient at driving a stick shift while holding the door shut because the mechanism isn't thaw enough. Some mornings it can take up to 45 minutes to get the doors to close (only driver and passenger).

Of course, I was planning on using our other car this winter, but it developed an "allergy to the cold", so it's been parked because no one trusts it to get it's tires off the campus parking lot at the end of the day.

No1 and Poof, I'm glad to be missed.

Well now we gotta try to get the kids to bed, and then I might try to throw an application together for a job that is basically already someone else's, but I should apply and just mess with them on principle.

When I was in grad school, I used to park my car at the top of the slanted parking lot, so that I could coast it up to speed and then shift into gear for it to self start, in case it didn't want to start with the usual turning-the-key thing. what a pain in the butt.

edit:L if the doors freeze bad as you say, you might try spraying the locks (inside and out) with some WD-40 or other thin oil. The oil ought to displace any water that can get in there, and limit the ability to freeze. same with the hinges to the doors, though they really ought to get greased.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Morning all. 29 now, heading for 49. Sunny though.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cruzer

DA59 wrote:Morning all. 29 now, heading for 49. Sunny though.

brrrr

//smack

joyner

cruzer wrote:brrrr

//smack

Hey cruzer, you are the only person I know that can appreciate my pain this morning...I'm writing thank you notes!

kenney9226

Who is this man?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:brrrr

//smack

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Josephus

kenney9226 wrote:Who is this man?

Why, that has to be Steve from Blue's Clues!

you know, he quit the show because he got tired of putting on the toupee every day.

kenney9226

Josephus wrote:Why, that has to be Steve from Blue's Clues!

you know, he quit the show because he got tired of putting on the toupee every day.

Yes!! You get the gold star for outstanding performance today! Way to go, Dr. Sephus!!

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
Josephus wrote:you know, he quit the show because he got tired of putting on the toupee every day.

Yeah, right...he really just wanted to smoke crack and produce p0rn.
Geez, just look at the guy...

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
zea3 wrote:I said "Hi" at 9:20. No body said "Hi" back so after 10 minutes I left. You said "Hi" at 9:41. I was already gone. And you didn't kill the thread, Skek did. His post was at 9:27, your post to say "hi" was at 9:41. So....the thread killer was Skek, with the coffee mug in the birdcage!

Oh. It was Skek's fault. Okay, then.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

And good morning. Another lovely day in the ice and snow. Our street hasn't been touched since the sleet/freezing rain and more snow started Tuesday. Husband just started working on my car. 19 cold degrees.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

ThunderThighs

Staff

zea3 wrote:Good morning!

Morning Zea!

//checks time

Dang, probably too late.

FORUM MODERATOR

Josephus

mwiseman wrote:Yeah, right...he really just wanted to smoke crack and produce p0rn.

You'll never shatter my illusion that he's gone off to college, and that idіot 'Joe' is just house-sitting until he returns!

PemberDucky

Staff

kenney9226 wrote:

...and if they like you, they might have another job for you somewhere-- that's what I think is going to happen for one job that got advertised here and multiple qualified candidates applied.

good luck!

Maybe something like that will happen.
Who knows??! I put it all in destiny's deft albeit agonizingly slow hands.

Greetings, party people. Hope you're all warming up.

PemberDucky

Staff

mwiseman wrote:Yeah, right...he really just wanted to smoke crack and produce p0rn.

Srsly...I don't really like the idea of THIS person spending time around children.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman
Josephus wrote:You'll never shatter my illusion that he's gone off to college, and that idіot 'Joe' is just house-sitting until he returns!

Ummm, sure, buddy. What's it been...7 years now?

cruzer

joyner wrote:Hey cruzer, you are the only person I know that can appreciate my pain this morning...I'm writing thank you notes!

ahhhhh!!!

lol

pooflady

cruzer wrote:ahhhhh!!!

lol

Just think, Cruzer, if you ever get married, there's lots and lots and lots of thank you notes to write. Used to be that was the bride's job, not anymore.

cruzer

pooflady wrote:Just think, Cruzer, if you ever get married, there's lots and lots and lots of thank you notes to write. Used to be that was the bride's job, not anymore.

Crap! I think we'll restore that tradition for my wedding.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

cruzer wrote:Crap! I think we'll restore that tradition for my wedding.

Wedding?

We all need to go.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:Wedding?

We all need to go.

will there be cake?

Josephus

no1 wrote:will there be cake?

the cake is a lie.

pooflady

Daj?

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Daj?

What? He ain't marrying me!!!

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Josephus wrote:When I was in grad school, I used to park my car at the top of the slanted parking lot, so that I could coast it up to speed and then shift into gear for it to self start, in case it didn't want to start with the usual turning-the-key thing. what a pain in the butt.

edit:L if the doors freeze bad as you say, you might try spraying the locks (inside and out) with some WD-40 or other thin oil. The oil ought to displace any water that can get in there, and limit the ability to freeze. same with the hinges to the doors, though they really ought to get greased.

We went on vacation once and the starter died. Luckly it was a shift car and small, so we just parked it on hills or at least out in the open and push started it for the whole week.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Wedding?

We all need to go.

Definitely.

FORUM MODERATOR