Staxeon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
OnyxEyez wrote:Ahhh. I actually thought about Cloverfield, but I hadn't seen it and wasn't sure.

Haven't seen the Mac vs PC ads, so I wouldn't have gotten that one.



They're ok...kinda growing old on me. Thanks for the Bettie Page, I completely forgot about her.

I'm also not getting the shirt mainly because of the preggers trans-man on there. Hadron Collider > Preggers Bearded Lady & pigmy hippo combined.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
OnyxEyez wrote:---EDIT---Ooops wait not year of the frog, wasn't even thinking. Not sure but I think it's refering to the Aesop's fable about being to big for your britches maybe?



2008 IS year of the frog (not talking chinese zodiac here).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez

Missed one - that little manatee-hippo type thing - I can't place that one.

Humm the guy holding the Kendle - Allen Greenspan? Or maybe someone connected with the space program?

I think the guy playing guitar hero is someone too - it's triggering something in my memory

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

What is WITH shirt.woot, anyhow? Perhaps this would have been good as an "intentions t-shirt" at the beginning of the year or even a "mid-year-this-is-what-has-happened" item in the middle of summer, but for Bezoomny's sake I'm NOT going to wear a shirt that has "2008" plastered all over it in 2009.

Not to vilify the less-fortunate people among our population, buy I'm beginning to believe that these people are suffering from encroaching hydroencephelitis, Ménière's disease, mad-cow syndrome, early-onset senility and a host of other mental disorders.

So, how long will THIS post stay up,eh?

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
endangeredomega wrote:Am I the first one to mention Arthur C. Clarke?



D'oh! I feel stupid now - I was thinking Allan Greenspan for some reason, even seeing the name of the book on the Kendle!

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

Staxeon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
Stexe wrote:Also, there is Niko from GTA4 playing Guitar Hero.

I can't really read the captions, can anyone make them out?



I'm wasting my talent and intelligence on these dumb ads.
At least you have ____.

I can't make out the last word, looks like a d blank blank blank.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
JadenKale wrote:)
Barack Obama (since you didn't exactly mention him)



Hahaha you're right it was so obvious I neglected to state it.

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
eHalcyon wrote:2008 IS year of the frog (not talking chinese zodiac here).



Got it

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
OnyxEyez wrote:Hahaha you're right it was so obvious I neglected to state it.



yeah I quick went back and noted I edited that, and tossed in pygmy hippo. I almost missed that you didn't note him...

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Hey, for that matter, why not include that French aristocrat who lost $1 billion of his clients money and ever so delicately slit his wrists that he was almost no difficulty to clean up?

nitrousoxide52


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
Staxeon wrote:I'm wasting my talent and intelligence on these dumb ads.
At least you have ____.

I can't make out the last word, looks like a d blank blank blank.



The word is 'Some'.

05patriot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 05patriot
Stexe wrote:Also, there is Niko from GTA4 playing Guitar Hero.

I can't really read the captions, can anyone make them out?



Mac V PC Ads:
PC: "I'm wasting my talents and intelligence on these dumb ads"
Mac: "at least you have some"

Frog(2008) to Ox(2009):
"These boxes are for you! Happy new year and good luck!"

and the bottle Obama is holding in case it was missed says "Aqua Mars"

SpikeIsBack2


quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpikeIsBack2

THIS SHIRT VACUUMS L O L

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
JadenKale wrote:yeah I quick went back and noted I edited that, and tossed in pygmy hippo. I almost missed that you didn't note him...



Ah the pygmy hippo! That "might" be the last one.

So the list is:
The pygmy hippo
Betty Page died
so did George Carlin
Guitar hero
Thomas the "Pregnant man"
Arthur C. Clarke died
the Kindle
the tool bag floating away in space
the Chinese Olympics
the Pirate attacks off or Africa
Heath Ledger and the Joker
The "Lipstick on a pig" comment
and then the correlation the dog and Sarah Palin
the recession
the year of the frog, year of the ox
Isaac Hayes died
The puppy watching site
the penguins and the melting ice cap
Grand Theft Auto IV
Cloverfield
PC vs Mac ads
Barack Obama

Anything else?

---EDIT--- From Obama's bottle, Water found on Mars

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

05patriot


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 05patriot
OnyxEyez wrote:Ah the pygmy hippo! That "might" be the last one.

So the list is:
The pygmy hippo
Betty Page died
so did George Carlin
Guitar hero
Thomas the "Pregnant man"
Arthur C. Clarke died
the Kindle
the tool bag floating away in space
the Chinese Olympics
the Pirate attacks off or Africa
Heath Ledger and the Joker
The "Lipstick on a pig" comment
and then the correlation the dog and Sarah Palin
the recession
the year of the frog, year of the ox
Isaac Hayes died
The puppy watching site
the penguins and the melting ice cap
Grand Theft Auto IV
Cloverfield
PC vs Mac ads
Barack Obama

Anything else?



water on mars?

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

And why not a 2009 shirt when things like Greece turn into large scale wars, the Chinese start destroying Somalia (and perhaps other ships in the Aden sea), the Gaza strip gets the Iranians going and the Russians start backing them up, the economy goes through the floor and not only don't people in the USA get to buy their beloved iPods and Wii's but can't even feed their children and...

Oh, well, let's not talk just about gloom and doom, shall we? At least they got the toilet working on the space station.

nitrousoxide52


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
OnyxEyez wrote:Ah the pygmy hippo! That "might" be the last one.

So the list is:
The pygmy hippo
Betty Page died
so did George Carlin
Guitar hero
Thomas the "Pregnant man"
Arthur C. Clarke died
the Kindle
the tool bag floating away in space
the Chinese Olympics
the Pirate attacks off or Africa
Heath Ledger and the Joker
The "Lipstick on a pig" comment
and then the correlation the dog and Sarah Palin
the recession
the year of the frog, year of the ox
Isaac Hayes died
The puppy watching site
the penguins and the melting ice cap
Grand Theft Auto IV
Cloverfield
PC vs Mac ads
Barack Obama

Anything else?

---EDIT--- From Obama's bottle, Water found on Mars



What about that bear on the computer? Does it mean anything?

jules09012


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jules09012

Just because it has the m.o.r. o.n. Obama on it, not going to do it. Maybe the pregnant "man" on it was a little too much too. PASS!

ctarmann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctarmann

I am a little disappointed that they don't have anything on this shirt about Michael Phelps and his 8 gold medals. Pretty Huge thing!!!!!!!!

Adaria


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Adaria
JadenKale wrote:Also:
Cloverfield (movie in top left)
PC vs Mac commercials (2 guys)
Edit:
Barack Obama (since you didn't exactly mention him)
Pygmy Hippo!! (I almost forgot him)



OK two possibilities to the frog thing. One is this: http://www.amphibianark.org/yearofthefrog.htm The second is, just thought of it, LEAP YEAR! Hence frog?

And someone needs to clarify to me what zodiac the frog is from. THERE IS NO YEAR OF THE FROG. 2008 is Year of the RAT.



Simpsonized @ simpsonizeme.com

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
nitrousoxide52 wrote:What about that bear on the computer? Does it mean anything?



It's a puppy - the Shiba Inu Puppy cam that got everyone watching http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

ctarmann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctarmann

What a waste, they totally could have put Phelps in place of Obama and I might have bought 3!!!

nitrousoxide52


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
OnyxEyez wrote:It's a puppy - the Shiba Inu Puppy cam that got everyone watching http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shiba-inu-puppy-cam



Ah, it totally looks like a bear... accurate depiction though.

danduhman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages danduhman

had to get it

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
Adaria wrote:The second is, just thought of it, LEAP YEAR! Hence frog?



Got to be!

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

Staxeon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
nitrousoxide52 wrote:What about that bear on the computer? Does it mean anything?



thats the puppy watching site

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

Really, folks, don't keep patting yourselves on the back about how many cartoon figures you can recognize.

This is the worst example of koi I've seen for a LONG time.

cryss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryss

ugly and wouldn't accept it if it was a gift.

Staxeon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
zozzles wrote:Really, folks, don't keep patting yourselves on the back about how many cartoon figures you can recognize.

This is the worst example of koi I've seen for a LONG time.



What, you never did the Highlights hidden picture search, Sir Buzzkillington??

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

If they REALLY wanted to honor George Carlin, they'd have put up an almost, but not quite legible list of the words you can't say on radio/TV.

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
Staxeon wrote:What, you never did the Highlights hidden picture search, Sir Buzzkillington??



Heh I used to love those.

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

ctarmann


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ctarmann
cryss wrote:ugly and wouldn't accept it if it was a gift.



Hahaha, well if you get it for a gift there are several things you can do with it!

1. Toilet paper, but I would avoid the 08 portion that may leave a rash!
2. Wash Rag
3. Duster
4. Dipstick Cleaner (for when you check the oil in your car)
5. Blindfold
6. Or you could just burn it that is always fun
7. Hmmmmm anything I might be missing ( I would say regift it but that wouldn't be good for your self-esteem )

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
ctarmann wrote:Hahaha, well if you get it for a gift there are several things you can do with it!

1. Toilet paper, but I would avoid the 08 portion that may leave a rash!
2. Wash Rag
3. Duster
4. Dipstick Cleaner (for when you check the oil in your car)
5. Blindfold
6. Or you could just burn it that is always fun
7. Hmmmmm anything I might be missing ( I would say regift it but that wouldn't be good for your self-esteem )



Bleach it until everything's gone and then DIY shirt?

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles

[quote postid="2891476" user="Staxeon"]What, you never did the Highlights hidden

No.

Why should I waste the time? Or is it occupational therapy for sub-100 IQ individuals?

Which I promise you, I ain't.

eyeslikesugar


quality posts: 2 Private Messages eyeslikesugar
zozzles wrote:[quote postid="2891476" user="Staxeon"]What, you never did the Highlights hidden

No.

Why should I waste the time? Or is it occupational therapy for sub-100 IQ individuals?

Which I promise you, I ain't.



I doubt this statement very much, from someone who can't figure out BBCode.

-James Cho -EdgarRMcherly Shirt.Woot.Com - Ye Oldest Sucker - 2009

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
Staxeon wrote:"Dice have six sides for a reason, my friend. There is no thrill in surety." --Jarlaxle Baenre



Written just like someone who hasn't rolled a 20 sided die. Not that I have done so, but it just shows the shallowness of your reference.

This shirt vacuums worse than the hole in the window in the last Aliens movie.

OnyxEyez


quality posts: 6 Private Messages OnyxEyez
zozzles wrote:

Why should I waste the time? Or is it occupational therapy for sub-100 IQ individuals?

Which I promise you, I ain't.



The irony of this statement reeks. Ever heard of mensa-type puzzles?

Woot: x 41
Shirt.Woot: x 41
Sellout.Woot: x 11
Kids.Woot: x 4
Wine.Woot: x none. Wine gives me migraines. I'll take the cheese tho.

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
eyeslikesugar wrote:I doubt this statement very much, from someone who can't figure out BBCode.



Kiddo, I'm _way_ over 136, OK? And why, in particular, would I give a diddly about BBCode in the first place?

zozzles


quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
OnyxEyez wrote:The irony of this statement reeks. Ever heard of mensa-type puzzles?



Certainly. Have aced a few. How many of them ever look like this koi? Any?

Staxeon


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Staxeon
zozzles wrote:Written just like someone who hasn't rolled a 20 sided die. Not that I have done so, but it just shows the shallowness of your reference.

This shirt vacuums worse than the hole in the window in the last Aliens movie.



L-M-A-O. Yes, extremely shallow of me to forget about a d20, especially when the quote is from a R.A.Salvatore book, written in the Forgottem Realms campaign of D&D. Which, ya know, would NEVER use a d20.

Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
No man should have that kind of power.