quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: the beginning: kingdom of the frogs

the start of a kingdom.

skawty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skawty

This is hot.

Spira

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spira
Spira wrote:Pardon the nylon title, my mom submitted it for me because I was at work... Please tell me if you have suggestions or like the idea because I was going to rework and submit a better version if I got a positive response.

Is 'nylon' really censored? At least I think that is what I put...

dsatele

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsatele
TurboGraphx16 wrote:Yupp, I'd buy it.

I didn't dig the Stuck Inside shirt tgentry, but really like this one !!!

Weren't you just complaining about voting for or buying a shirt based on 'a story' that too many people take to literally?? Gee, I guess it is possible to buy/like a shirt even if you don't believe in the 'mythology' behind it.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: The Open Road Outback

He was tired of the snickering and sneers. He wasn't going to stand by and be ridiculed any longer. It was time for the the name calling and teasing to end. He had a new plan, a new journey... to start fresh.

The open road was calling and he was going to find somewhere he belonged.

This is my first entry for this week. It's the story of starting your life over in a new location. Honestly, I just really wanted to do a platypus in a design, so this is the result.

Comments are welcome! Cheers!

julnyes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages julnyes
Re: She Let Them Go

I really would like to get the chance to buy this shirt. I really like it (as I have liked and voted for your past derby entries)

Good Luck!

Stalemate by BootsBoots / Night Job by methepainter / I Just Can't Reach You by BootsAndRamy / The Cake is a Liar by geekfactor12 / Ablaze by mitohapa / Easy Optimism by sekiyoku / Less is More by crunchybitesized / The Dandy Lion by kdeuce

nayavin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nayavin
Re: Genesis in the Mind

i want this on a poster

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)

preview and shirt comp don't match again ?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ChefRAZ wrote:preview and shirt comp don't match again ?

They match fine. The only problem in the original was the funky image background in the design detail.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

epii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epii
Re: Life Renewed

I really like the baby phoenix--to me, it sets this design apart from the (many) other swirly bird/tree/fish designs that show up oh-so-often.
Nicely done!

Cobja

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cobja

I'm a painter in the summers. and I would SO wear this on the job

blistersoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blistersoul

how do i vote for you

ferfong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferfong
Re: The epic begins

ahuhu. I was a sad rat cuz I missed out on your adorable Narnia shirt, but if this prints I'll have to buy it. I loved the live action movies when I was a kid [sorry, hardcore comic fans].

The upside down turtle just *makes* this design. :D

Check out JAKKL, Inc.'s Android apps!

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
crowjane wrote:awesome, they filtered a- hole to say "adder".

Nope, still chocolate starfish. This was no filter... so are y'all saying "adder" is becoming a cuss word?

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
heartluce wrote:I also love the USB nest. Creative! GMV.

Thanks. My only concern was whether the lack of colors would be too drab.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
Re: Kiss of Death

Kiss of Death - what do you think of printing it on the back?

eHalcyon

jewelwing wrote:Kiss of Death - what do you think of printing it on the back?

Always a neat idea. But then you'll have to sub it and show it like that on the comp... and I don't know where to get the "back" version of the wrinkly comp. Anyone have a clue? It would come in handy...

Barnhill5

jewelwing wrote:Kiss of Death - what do you think of printing it on the back?

WOW. I had to stare at this for quite some time... thought for SURE it was more than 6 colors but no!!! Great job with the COLOR on this one, Jewel!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

This took way too long to do. Hope you like it. I think it would make a cool back print.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Come hither

Patrick Nagel wants his wife back.

eHalcyon

jewelwing wrote:This took way too long to do. You you like it. I think it would make a cool back print.

So is it supposed to be a back print? Because if so, you need to show that on the comp. XP

Nominate

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Nominate

Damn, I'd wear this everywhere if it gets printed.
GMV.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Wow, thanks so much for the response and all the comments.

For those of you who are curious as to the theory - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon#Formation

As for understanding what's going on - I wanted to make something visually pleasing to the general public, but for people who know what it is intended to be, it's that much cooler. :p I hope, anyway.

Weird, someone made a twin of me? Kind of creepy. xD

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
toby8915 wrote:Thanks. My only concern was whether the lack of colors would be too drab.

I like this one but could see it also in color and a bit larger perhaps...I still like it. I think it's a cool concept...

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

i take back all my other votes I WANT THIS SHIRT!!!!!!

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: The Race Begins

Actually, the first animal in space was a Russian dog named Laika. She ended up perishing in the mission.

Barnhill5

WOW. I had to stare at this for a long time counting the colors, thinking surely it was more than 6. But NO!!! Excellent job on the color selection, Jewel. This just jumps off the shirt!

Barnhill5

blistersoul wrote:how do i vote for you

Only people who have ever purchased something from a Woot site can vote. If you are a Wooter, you will see a tab at the top of the photo that says "I'd Want One". If it isn't there, you either aren't logged in, or need to Woot. And if you haven't Wooted, you really should consider checking out what it has to offer

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

Among the most awesome things...ever! =D

peppersagooddog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
gizmoduck1234 wrote:So because you have the turtles in slightly different positions you've said or added something that wasn't in the original versions? What exactly? Expressions? They all have blank turtle faces, just like the turtles in the originals . You're not using these "symbols" in any new way, nice try. It's still turtles crawling around ooze, the idea of which you didn't originate, you're just ripping it with no added comment of your own. Is it a copyright infringement. No. Is it unoriginal, uncreative, and downright shameful that you're getting any kind of credit for it. Yeah.

just cause you are being an ass i will point out that there sentence near the bottom that says, and i quote...
"Is it a copyright infringement."
you see, if you had ended that with a question mark, it might have oh i dont know, looked like a question and answer of no. instead you left it as a statement which technically makes no sense as a sentence, but closely resembles someone saying "copyright infringement" in a menacing sort of way.

brwnrthanu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brwnrthanu

Awesome, awesome, awesome! GMV and will buy when it prints!

Hutif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Birth of the Moon

Wow, I like the electric blue colors. Personally, I subscribe to the theory that the moon formed independently, but I'm not exactly a scientist.

P.S. You know, if you rotate it just right, it looks like a flying beetle. All you need is love, man.

Arnion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Arnion

I like your color combination -- quite vibrant. =)

Hutif

Re: Reincarnation: Bite the Roots of Life!

Cool, seams like you've got images from multiple cultures going on here. Probably wouldn't wear it myself, but I can think of at least four people off the top of my head that this would make a great gift for. GMV.

catz07b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz07b
Re: Evolution is rough

aww he is all sad n cute n stuff...

PopeYmir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PopeYmir
gizmoduck1234 wrote:I really like to take a big one in the bunghole.

ORLY?

Hutif

Re: She Let Them Go

COOL. I may be new to the derbies, but I can already recognize your art style, Boots. (It's the ones that look beautiful and disturb me at the same time)
GMV

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

is this hot? i'm not sure..

catz07b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catz07b
Re: A New Friendship

awwwwwww