AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
BaldrickXYU wrote:Wow, it's really easy to create a whole new account. I thought I'd at least need another credit card or something, but I guess not. I kind of like this new identity. Adder, I have a cunning plan.....



So cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel?

I actually prefer you to the other dudes, TBH. At least you know where the name comes from.

mrgodly


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrgodly


more of a poster or picture than a shirt =x
but very nice design

HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
TurnipsOfJustice wrote:::SWOOOOSH!::

BEHOLD! THE TURNIPS OF JUSTICE HAS ARRIVED! WHEREVER THERE'S AN EVIL FAKE ACCOUNT HOLDER, I'LL BE THERE! BALDRICK! SEKI-DOPPLEGANGER! BEGONE! LEST YOU FEEL THE WRATH OF MY HEFTY ORGANIC BOSOM! OFF I GO NOW TO DELIVER VICTORIA'S SECRET CATALOGS TO POOR YOUNG BOYS WHOSE PARENTS DON'T SUBSCRIBE, BUT I'LL BE BACK!

::SWOOOOSH!::



I...I think I'm in love. Marry me?

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
peachwheels wrote:This shirt screams:
Dad?
Hmm?
We're pals, right?
Right.
And we'll always be together, right?
Simba, let me tell you something my father told me. Look at the stars. The great kings of the past are up there, watching over us.
Really?
Yes. So whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I.

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONIGHT?
It's coming from me and it's directed at this shirt.



awesome. best comment ever. thanks! when I started out this shirt wasn't really lion king inspired, but I can see the resemblance.

vykarius


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vykarius
Kaliko2005 wrote:i dont understand the proportion thing....i blew it up on my comp so that when Woot shrunk it it would be a shaper image but it doesnt work



What do you mean by shrunk it? If you mean when scaling down, next time while in photoshop, start a file with the canvas at the appropriate size of 600 x 600 pixels. That way, when you post it, Woot won't have to scale it down. I'm not so sure though about the best extension to use. I submit mine in JPG. Anyone else have any suggestions on the submission process?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
vykarius wrote:What do you mean by shrunk it? If you mean when scaling down, next time while in photoshop, start a file with the canvas at the appropriate size of 600 x 600 pixels. That way, when you post it, Woot won't have to scale it down. I'm not so sure though about the best extension to use. I submit mine in JPG. Anyone else have any suggestions on the submission process?



If you're working in raster, create it at 16"x20" 300 dpi. If it prints, woot will need the file at that high resolution.

For the shirt comp, submit at exactly 600x600 px. The design detail should be exactly 240x240 px. This is important - whether it gets sized up or down, it'll create artifacts. Best to avoid any resizing at all.

The images will get converted to jpg if they aren't already, and any conversion will cause artifacts. Submit in jpg to avoid.

Also make sure that it's in RGB.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Stellardig


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
theinfinityloop wrote:Good job on this. I like the tecture and colors. Interesting concept too.



Thank you Infinity Loop

rebcal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebcal
Re: Nuclear beginnings (resub)



wow, I never thought I would see the day... I think this shirt is too nerdy for woot. Those are neutrons... its the start of a nuclear reaction... like an atomic bomb? anybody? no...

rebcal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rebcal
Re: Nuclear beginnings



wow, I never thought I would see the day... I think this shirt is too nerdy for woot. Those are neutrons... its the start of a nuclear reaction... like an atomic bomb? anybody? no...

christermime


quality posts: 0 Private Messages christermime
theinfinityloop wrote:I like this. Good use of side placement and bright colors.



Thanks :D

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: Life Renewed



I think the colors on this are really good, you have a knack for making great illustrations from six colors.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.



Very nice, took me a bit to understand it though. xD This is so well done though, the mouse is drawn so well. GMV, and good luck. :D

viper88c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
bradyson wrote:Thanks, I figured it would be different. But it looks like it is not working for a shirt design.



Ya mine eiter... the people here have different tastes then all of my customers... oh well

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect
bibliophile8 wrote:I like the sansa at the top. This is Woot! after all.



IPOD NANO!!!! cause.. yanno - sansa would be woot related and thats BAAAAD...
we'll say its a nano!

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:Also the Water derby. We could have had Treacherous waters AND swimming Koi with one extra vote to the former, and a matter of 10 votes for any one of 2-4 could have completely altered the results.



Your point here just isn't valid in this case. First of all, sekiyoku has been on the losing side of several close(ish) derbies already, but never on the winning side. Her one entry that won so far did so by a margin of over 300 votes. I'll eat my words if this entry ends up winning by a single vote, but I don't really see that happening either. You can be as critical as you want, and I'm sure you always think it's warranted, but I can't help but feel that you just try to find new things to criticize when entries aren't stick figures and you can't find something valid to complain about.

dcomp1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcomp1
Re: Hope Seed



awesome graphic, simple but elegant

artulo


quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: beginning to fly



owl go boom? ouch!

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Beginning of the Day



dude, do you HAVE to post your shirt in damn near every entry thread? go to 'your account' and put the info in your sig. stop spamming the entries to get votes.

Patchitect


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

fredv


quality posts: 1 Private Messages fredv
crowjane wrote:awesome, they filtered a- hole to say "adder".



Ha! Made me spill my tea. Love the shirt, and since it is supposed to represent the beginning of the TMNT I'm not sure how you could design it without turtles and "goo" so the unoriginal idea makes no sense.

mwace


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwace
Re: And there was light



I totally dig this. I don't know why nobody seems to be noticing it...

PDHenderson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PDHenderson
Re: The epic begins



Pure awesome

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: beginning to fly



If this ever prints, I could see them renaming it to "gotta learn sometime" ;) great job, Art!

gizmoduck1234


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
fredv wrote: Love the shirt, and since it is supposed to represent the beginning of the TMNT I'm not sure how you could design it without turtles and "goo" so the unoriginal idea makes no sense.



It makes plenty of sense. The "artist" could have added his own personal twist on it, like the Mickey Mouse one. You know, something original. Instead he just took the original TMNT imagery and did NOTHING to it. I'm sure you would have said the same thing about Mickey Mouse. What could you do to make it different? Well, you could actually try to THINK of something that's unique. This is completely unoriginal and devoid of any merit whatsoever. I would call it clever if the origin wasn't known and the designer hypothesized what it might look like, or if he took an alternate "what really happened" spin on it, but this is exactly as it's portrayed in the originals. But who cares, that's the way it goes around here. "Designers" get paid big money for using other people's ideas and work, adding nothing to it of their own. Kudos to you. Maybe you'll donate some of the proceeds to Eastman and Laird since it's 100% their idea.

And please don't bother with the "there's no original ideas under the sun" defense that's usually used when someone blatantly copies other people's ideas. There's plenty of new ideas to be had and twists on old ideas, you just have to TRY to find them.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Again I say, "if someone was to make an extra account for nefarious purposes, they wouldn't choose a username so close to their regular one." Even so, I agree with all your reasoning. I also agree that we should wear the metaphorical tinfoil hat, but that doesn't mean we should state any suspicions as if they were fact. For all we know, this is all a clever ruse by some sekiyoku hater who thought, "if I make a fake account name that looks very similar to sekiyoku's and post with it a few times, people will notice and she'll be accused of cheating." Hooray conspiracy theories?



I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.

coryjeep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages coryjeep
Re: Kiss of Death



This Shirt is AMAZING! It needs to be made right MEOW! this one def GMV... id by three of these just so id have a couple backups

Woot! The Day Away!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.



That's why I called it a clever ruse.

No swapping yet. Just ramyb winning repeatedly, really. As for their high placements - tgentry has been doing just as well, and cho did in the past. I suppose you might argue that the difference is that tg and cho actually do quality work, but that's strictly subjective. Of the designs they've put out, even though I may not have liked them, I could see why the average voter might (with the exception of the stick people, but I was already confused by that when Row vs Wade placed). You were already complaining about the idiotic voting public before "charmander and charmeleon" showed up; why should their voting for "junk" change now?

Anyway, I think your suspicions are sound. But they're still just suspicions.

Also - who would charizard be? And what of squirtle and bulbasaur?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Adder, you are so dumb.... Just... get out of my thread. You have no prior knowledge, and if you actually looked at the way these contests have gone, you have no reason for suspicion.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

Based on prior knowledge of Charmander and Charmeleon here, I think it's a safe suspicion. Not fact, no, but if a convicted burglar lives in your apartment building, you'd be right to have him be the first suspect. Similarly, if two people start consistently placing in the top 5-7 week after week immediately upon coming to the site, even double-fogging until someone brings to light their shady past, at which point they appear to begin swapping wins, it isn't a huge leap to presume there's a whiff of impropriety going on. Fact? No. But enough evidence to form a theory. Evolution is only theory, too, but it is solid enough that most scientists accept it.



Evolution isn't a theory, only the mechanisms by which it occurs are theory, and those aren't just accepted by most scientists. And in contrast to something like evolution, which has direct supporting facts, you are presenting faulty logic based on tangentially related suspicions of a group of people that you don't even know. You are quick to blindly accept anything as fact, so long as it supports a claim you are desperately trying to make. Ultimately, you can try to cast doubt on myself and sekiyoku, but until you can explain the fact that my designs have won by considerable vote margins (up to 800 votes), and that I've had two shirts sell out, you really just have no argument.

As a side note, your analogy to a burglar in your apartment is not actually applicable to the current circumstance. In that case, if something is stolen, then someone who has stolen before can be a suspect. In this case, though, the offense is having an account. You cannot project the same kind of logic onto the situation, because there is no real life equivalent.

Your tactics remind me a lot of those of Karl Rove for the Bush campaign in the 2000 primaries, but ultimately your claims will lead to nowhere, because an investigation on the situation will most definitely lead to finding nothing exposed. Why don't you be smart and send an email to the woot staff, and try to see if there is an IP match between the two usernames? I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do, but I'm sure you are afraid of taking such a proactive approach because all it will do is prove innocence in this case.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
ramyb wrote:Evolution isn't a theory...

As a side note, your analogy to a burglar in your apartment is not actually applicable to the current circumstance. In that case, if something is stolen, then someone who has stolen before can be a suspect. In this case, though, the offense is having an account. You cannot project the same kind of logic onto the situation, because there is no real life equivalent.



They do call it the "Theory of Evolution". But can we not get into an evolution debate? I hate those.

The DA debacle concerns two people pretending to be many people in order to further their own interests. I think that correlates well to using multiple accounts. I'm not knowledgeable of DA, but people who are seem to know all about it, and the people who brought up the issue seem to have done their research.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

thethatcher


quality posts: 3 Private Messages thethatcher
Keelmy wrote:Pandering to animators. You should be ashamed. It totally has my vote, but you should be ashamed.


nothing to be ashamed about, animators are so often ignored as a demographic! we need to be appreciated sometimes!

about the shirt, Ub Iwerks is one of my heroes in animation, it is the first shirt I have ever seen and knew I was going to buy it immediately. fantastic artwork, superior concept. I seriously can't wait to buy this shirt.

Conrads


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Conrads
Re: Arrrrrrrrgh!



Tie funny

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: The Beginning of the End



Since this is unlikely to win here, could you please make the rounds on the various competitions sites with this design? I'm loathe to buy from Spreadshirt because of the lower quality and higher cost. If you put this on Cameesa, you'll have my support. And if not any of those, could you please TeeFury it before going to Spreadshirt?

Same goes for Big Words.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
macntosh wrote:Daughter is going on a Make A Wish trip to Disney in February and I would love to have this shirt to wear! Simple but not too much Disneyfied.


Wishing you a Disneytastic time!!

nbrosas


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)



Come on, this has to get in over another Phoenix shirt!

andirel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages andirel

only a pompous ass would submit something like that. i think you should look deep into your soul and look for a better person, because the person you are now just won't cut it. you think you're soo funny. you are sadly mistaken my young padawan

PhilSandifer


quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)



Don't like the composition at all. This will look awful on anyone with even a little bit of a gut.

sigaru


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sigaru
Re: begin the journey v2



i like this one better. it's very nice.

PhilSandifer


quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: The epic begins



I'm torn. It's cute, and I like it as a design. But A) I am disinclined to wear something with faux distress, and B) It really is just a straightforward Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shirt without additional commentary. The rejected Pokemon shirt last derby had more parodic content than this.

PhilSandifer


quality posts: 17 Private Messages PhilSandifer
Re: Birth of the Moon



Gorgeous design. Not my style, but it got my vote because I'll totally push my wife (whose style it definitely is) to get it.