Alathald


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alathald

Thanks, here is a slightly higher res image, this is my first derby and I kinda screwed up the detail pics. Oh well, at least it's a rather appropriate first derby :-P

piankeshaw


quality posts: 0 Private Messages piankeshaw

OH, so you are down to 1 now?

jwchrono wrote:I lost 5 IQ points just from viewing this travesty.



Fortune favors the brave.

kev1nm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kev1nm

BAM! that's great!

unothatainttrue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages unothatainttrue
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.



love the idea and the art

khills5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages khills5
Re: Spring Beginning



Very cool shirt.

dest581


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dest581
Re: DNA Baby



That is much cooler than I expected from the thumbnail. Got my vote.

paulkremer


quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: The Bad Egg



This illustration just radiates awesomeness! I have been using your "Cheer Up" wallpaper for the last few weeks, and was muy happy...and now it has been replaced because I love this one even more! I definitely voted and will snag it if it becomes a shirt, but I think it may be even more awesome as my wallpaper! You're still my new hero!

dest581


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dest581

It would be excellent if shirt.woot! sold woot!-branded AA blanks for a day, but I'd buy a more interesting color than white :P

noisdois


quality posts: 1 Private Messages noisdois
theinfinityloop wrote:@noisdois - Silly. We've had the same amount of prints. In fact, yours stayed up for sale A LOT longer than mine. Thank you though. :D



Yea, but you've hit the top ten/best loser list WAY more times than I have. You've definitely produced more quality designs than I have.

dekonstruct


quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Giggletastic.

Kudos, dekonstruct. ;)



thanks spaz!

heartluce


quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: The Journey Begins Again Again (resub)



Still my favorite derby design and probably the only one I'd buy... ;-). Srsly dude.

macdjord


quality posts: 0 Private Messages macdjord

TychPsych


quality posts: 0 Private Messages TychPsych
palmettogirl wrote:It looks like clip art to me. I'm not saying it is clip art, it just looks like it. The blank canvas idea isn't bad, but the art style is too elementary.



That's why I like it so much. I never vote for the fancy artsy shirts. I like designs that are clever, rather than just eye candy.

southamptonkitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages southamptonkitty
disgruntled wrote:how the hell did this thing get a +6? it bothers me that 6 people would vote this



*agreed*

Kitty Ski

db26


quality posts: 0 Private Messages db26
thebrokenbox wrote:I don't understand why this is in the fog, I really don't think it's that good, esoecially compared to the other shirts that should be in the fog.



There are typically two philosophies for shirt design. 'Art as shirts' or 'shirts as art'. And at least from my experience, most people are pretty set in which one they like.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
hotcha wrote:How is the implementation of the reference not his idea? If i had made the shirt it would look different. So clearly the way it was drawn is his idea.

Of course you mean the objects in the shirt, ooze and baby turtles. But nobody is arguing that those are his idea, so at best you've got a strawman argument.

Maybe nobody is addressing your points because they fall over so quickly.



gizmoduck isn't arguing that the implementation is the same. He's saying that the idea BEHIND the design is the same. By misrepresenting his argument, you yourself are the one using the strawman argument.

I agree with gizmo and Josephus here. I don't know much about TMNT but from the screencap that was posted, I have to say that there is nothing new here. As others have said, there is no commentary or parody. It's basically the same as in the movie (and the comic?), only drawn in a different style.

No copyright infringement, so I'm sure woot will print it. Props to DF for thinking of putting this on a shirt. I also appreciate the style of the linework, even though I'm not fond of the distressing.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Barnhill5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Rise n' Shine!



Thank you for the comments, everyone! I would also like some feedback as to how to better it, since it is not doing well in this here Derby... any constructive criticism available out there?

dreams0in0blue


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreams0in0blue

Cute! If only this is the way that it really worked.

: D

theinfinityloop


quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@Seki, 100indecisions - Thanks!

@PhilSandifer - That's cool. No hard feelings.

@Kaliko2005 - Oh yeah, I already responded to you.

@noisdois - You're too kind.



HeartlineTwist


quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
Re: Blank Canvas (white) (resub)



The only thing about this design that I can't understand or get behind is why Adder seemed to like it after his multiple tirades against simplicity, anime, and stick figures. No insults because I LIKE the stick figure shirts, but this is about a half step up from it.

fairnymph


quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
eHalcyon wrote:Since this is unlikely to win here, could you please make the rounds on the various competitions sites with this design? I'm loathe to buy from Spreadshirt because of the lower quality and higher cost. If you put this on Cameesa, you'll have my support. And if not any of those, could you please TeeFury it before going to Spreadshirt?

Same goes for Big Words.



What (s)he said.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

JohnQ118


quality posts: 2 Private Messages JohnQ118



NICE! Another RIFFMASTER gem.

wOOt! 1st woot:20-AUG’05|43-w00ts|41-shirts|3-wine.w00t!Cheeses|11-Sellouts|2-Kids.w00t

viper88c


quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
Re: The Beginning of Sin


This is a great design, it would be really great if Woot would use fashion soft for the dark green instead of using all plastisol ink. The only problem is they most likely won't and then its all of that thick ink on the shirt and the seperation between the head and the snake will blend a little too much... oh well,
Great work though!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
HeartlineTwist wrote:The only thing about this design that I can't understand or get behind is why Adder seemed to like it after his multiple tirades against simplicity, anime, and stick figures. No insults because I LIKE the stick figure shirts, but this is about a half step up from it.



He's made no tirades against simplicity.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

acleogirl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acleogirl
Re: DNA Baby



I don't really like how the DNA seems to stop at a solid line. Maybe it would have been better if it faded into the background or something. But still...It's a cool design.

hotcha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha
eHalcyon wrote:gizmoduck isn't arguing that the implementation is the same. He's saying that the idea BEHIND the design is the same...



Yeah i was about to accuse you of using a strawman argument on me, but you do have a technical point. He's arguing against the idea being different, even though that's not what anyone thinks the merit of shirt is. So it's not quite really a strawman... it's just... belligerence?

hotcha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha
gizmoduck1234 wrote:Powerful metaphors.

My point is, was, has been that the content/concept/idea is 100% unoriginal. You all agree with me. The artist agrees with me. And yet even though we are all in agreement about that fact, my point, the thing I've been talking about the whole time, you all insist on telling me I'm wrong about it. We agree it's an unoriginal idea, but yet I'm wrong when I say that it is.



Yeah sorry about that, i guess i should have asked - why do you keep harping on this non-issue when everyone already agrees with you?

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
hotcha wrote:Yeah sorry about that, i guess i should have asked - why do you keep harping on this non-issue when everyone already agrees with you?



Probably because everyone seems to think it's a non-issue.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Josephus


quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
hotcha wrote:Yeah sorry about that, i guess i should have asked - why do you keep harping on this non-issue when everyone already agrees with you?



Well, one of the claims to fame that shirt.woot lays claim to (uh, I think that's what I mean) is that the work be original. They repeatedly have rejected shirts, not only for being similar to other shirts, but also for a general lack of originality. I can see his(her) point in this case, it isn't at all original. Here's the thing, though. It will sell a ton of shirts. They know that, I know that, everyone who's seen it and the comments it has generated knows that. Because of that, they won't reject it, unless they become convinced not only that it is a copyright infringement, but also likely to get sued over.

hotcha


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha
eHalcyon wrote:Probably because everyone seems to think it's a non-issue.



I guess that's right. Well, no better way to draw attention to your cause than zealous indignation. I hope you'll forgive me for getting caught up by the stream of insults.

Hutif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
BaldrickXYU wrote:I would love nothing more than to feel the heft of your organic bosom.

Adder: "First Name?"
Baldrick: "I'm not sure."
Adder: "Come on, you MUST have a first name."
Baldrick: "It might be Sod Off."
Adder: "Sod Off??"
Baldrick: "Yeah, when I was a young lad playing in the gutter, I used to say to all the other snipes, "'Allo, my names Baldrick". And they'd say, "Yes we know, Sod Off Baldrick"



My lord! If people use multiple accounts to further their design votes, the entire system of shirt.woot could be as broken as this vase.

Had to say it. Once I realized where your name came from I just couldn't resist.

Hutif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: Seeds



Really? I'm the first with anything to say about such a cool design?
...We'll it reminds me of the drawings I like to do. I take it it's a plant's roots growing out, but it looks like an angel to me, or a butterfly, or badly mutated DNA. Whatever, GMV.

Hutif


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hutif
Re: And there was light



Yea, Monochromatic. That's a good thing in my mind. Great entry, GMV.

Kaliko2005


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005

I made this shirt in Fireworks 8 but
i do have Photoshop and Illustrator
how do i use Pantone Swatches? and how does that allow me to use colors that are illegal?

Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
dekonstruct wrote:Yo dawg, I heard you like video games on yo t-shirts. So we put a t-shirt on yo videogame so you can wear it while you play it.



Discobiscuits


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discobiscuits
dekonstruct wrote:Yo dawg, I heard you like video games on yo t-shirts. So we put a t-shirt on yo videogame so you can wear it while you play it.

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
Anthony3419 wrote:Thanks for the link. That was very descent of you..



I am a very swell person indeed! I don't tithe though.

alexcampbell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexcampbell
speedcheetah wrote:you should be ashamed.



I cant believe my shirt got removed. Why?

jimiyo


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo
mjc613 wrote:I'm glad that this is still ahead of the other butt entry. Farts are better than poop? Today they are.



Im surprised this didnt get rejectorated. I assumed farts and poop jokes are the same thing, and if I remember correctly poop jokes are auto rejects right? Sure... poops jokes are just a little bit more solid than fart jokes but...

BA ZING!

alexcampbell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexcampbell
jimiyo wrote:Im surprised this didnt get rejectorated. I assumed farts and poop jokes are the same thing, and if I remember correctly poop jokes are auto rejects right? Sure... poops jokes are just a little bit more solid than fart jokes but...

BA ZING!



Everything is ahead of my poop shirt now, someone tattled on it because they couldn't handle the greatness.