cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Thought Origination

Reminds me of what Edison said about failure when he tried so many times to make the light bulb. GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: Beginning of the Day

I like the way you did the sun. GMV!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

cobolisdead

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=26364]In the Beginning, god created

Asteroids reference! GMV!

homeschoolwinner

quality posts: 4 Private Messages homeschoolwinner
Re: The Start of True Love

How cute I would imagine perhaps the puffer fish is the female since the hedgehog is offering it a flower...that's according to tradition anyway. Although my BF would probably like it if I sent him flowers.

Got my vote!

"Love is the meaning of life, Life is the meaning of love" The Rutles

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
Re: Hope Seed

i love this shirt so much! I want it! Why did it fall from the fog? Oh yeah, cause most wooters have no taste for art. I personally think that the dark on dark makes the shirt subtle. Anyone who has any sense of style WOULD stop and take a second look at this shirt. If they don't, then I don't need their attention.

cobolisdead

Re: It all begins with the candy like button

Wouldn't this be more of an ending?

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
cobolisdead wrote:I like the way you have drawn the T-Rex chicken. GMV!

thanks pascal, er, I mean, cobol.

cobolisdead

Re: Life Renewed

Yeah, I doubt that was her inspiration. Nice picture though, reminds me of some M:tG artwork.

grael

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grael
Re: Hope Seed

I really wanted this shirt. Really. And was so happy when I saw it in the fog. But then entirely depressed when I saw that something a lot less creative and beautiful took its place.

I'll be upset for days if this doesn't win.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.

I like it, but where is all his n.a.z.i. memorabilia?

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

fingers crossed for you!

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
SarahPants5 wrote:OHMG! I didn't think to click this one but finally thought "well, let's just SEE what it is..." and it's perfect!! I want this one to win so I can buy for me and my brother, and one as a spare for when I meet the perfect boy, because he will want this shirt. :P

Nice That's the same thing that happened with me and the Mickey Mouse shirt. I thought it was the declaration of independence for days.

baiguai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baiguai
smedgrick wrote:What a horrendous birth defect/disease! These people should be killed quickly before they have a chance to infect others. By the way, is the guy supposed to be "clowning around" with the kid? if so...gmv

ahuhu, it's a positive mutation - the next step in evolution oslt. hehe

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct

It's so awesome when self-important forum people try and tell everyone how they should think, using a rumor from a one-time poster who later pulled his post.

GMV Seki.

Copo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Copo
BootsBoots wrote:It was LEMON. Lemon is the new asphalt! (yes, yes, I know that it's even more unpopular than creme, but it looked the best that way. I suppose I could offer a blue version, though. Hmmmph!). I like your outrageous request.

Man, I couldn't decide which one it was on. I decided to guess creme, since I knew it was more popular. Don't like either though.
I like the light blue, the bright green, and the brown.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
SailorButterfly wrote:That's a dragon, and this design in a phoenix, which is a creature known to be reborn from ash and fire. I'm not the artist, but I do know her...and I doubt she's even seen this dragon picture before. Her inspiration was simply that she loves the phoenix, so she drew what she believes its birth to look like.

Exactly why I thought it might be inspiration and did not say it was some sort of attempted copy. It is not the same animal but it had the same feel to it, with the glowing body and the rising from a mound (volcano vs pile of ashes, I get the differences). And just for the record I am well aware of what a Phoenix is (look back at derby #5 or so, I made it to the Fog with a Phoenix)

binderhoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages binderhoff
Re: Frakin' Beginnings

NOOOOOO!!!!! I had one of those toys when I was a kid.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

The color choice on this works very well I think. The compisition also works really well on the shirt medium ;-)

Check out my blog:Here!

cobolisdead

25 hours and 20 minutes more to go! Come on folks keep this in third so it can get a print!

Josephus

baiguai wrote:ahuhu, it's a positive mutation - the next step in evolution oslt. hehe

I think that's Rudolf and his son.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

@Heartline - It would be cool as long as I got properly credited. Like if people said "Oh, man, ANOTHER Lemur? Yo, Loopy's the only one who can pull those off." L O L.

@jzlosman - That's a cool pic, but no. I perused some Phoenix images though.

@SailorButterfly - You are teh awesome.

@Cobol - Yeah, M:tG artwork has inspired me greatly. I'd like to design something in that style someday.

@Jimiyo - Thanks!!!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29

Man, I just LOVE this shirt! I really hope it wins. I hope everyone votes for this awesome design!!!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks Derek and Cobol!

Benvolio7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Benvolio7

How many times am I allowed to vote? I LOVE this shirt!

“Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

- Walt Disney

Kaliko2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
IG64Assassin wrote:Those are the only colors that can be used for the base, the color of the shirt its self. The other 6 colors that can be used for the design can be any color, but they have to be converted to PANTONE Solid Coated colors somewhere along the line (by you or by woot).

got it thanks so much guys

cerberez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cerberez

I feel like I need at least one phoenix shirt, and this one is pretty sweet -

voted

cortinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cortinator

yeeeessss

GMV 100%

incognito9x

quality posts: 0 Private Messages incognito9x
grael wrote:I really wanted this shirt. Really. And was so happy when I saw it in the fog. But then entirely depressed when I saw that something a lot less creative and beautiful took its place.

I'll be upset for days if this doesn't win.

Agreed. I really wanted to see this shirt stay in the fog. This one's my favorite design of this derby. It'll be a shame if I don't get to have one.

Josephus

Re: Cheep Shirt

This might be the iconic woot shirt. a cheep shirt.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
BootsBoots wrote:::gasp!::

Heh. Bootsboots is my favorite.

Despite my posts that sound contrary, I am sad to see this knocked out of the fog, except the fact of which shirt knocked it out.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: My 1st Screen Print

I completely forgot about my 1st screen print that I had made 10 years ago. Here it is! My 1st Screen Print!

insanecarbonbasedlif

quality posts: 0 Private Messages insanecarbonbasedlif
ltchambers330 wrote:Very nice design, but whats even greater is that you stayed with God's design in creation. I hope there is some way I can get one of these.

Which god? It certainly doesn't follow either of the Christian Genesis myths, and I'm not familiar with any other myth that it lines up with.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: In the Beginning was the Command Line...

Wasnt this done on thinkgeek?

BLT205

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BLT205
thethatcher wrote:fantastic fog. I can't wait to buy this shirt.

Yay 3rd place I hope it can stay there. Would you mind if we had the same shirt? I'm glad you asked me to vote for it. I hadn't checked the derby in a while and would have missed it.

CarpoMarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
hotcha wrote:How about now?

It's kinda hard to take your point that supporters of this shirt need to be open minded when you yourself seem to be broadly insulting everyone who likes it.

He has a very valid point on BOTH fronts.

To his first point: the community is predictable and easy to manipulate. Go to shirt.what.com, browse some of the past derbies, and have fun. Designs that are cutesy, feature stick figures, and incorporate elements of anime consistently fog and print. Hell, it's what wooters buy. Want a sellout? Give them what they want. Yes, these past couple of weeks, we've been getting some fairly artistic and outside the box designs, but this still largely holds true. These stereotypical "woot" designs tend to sellout more often than their anomalous, artistic counterparts.

To his second point: "Fairly mindless nostalgia pieces" isn't an insult. Furthermore, even if it was, it's not consumer-based. What this is saying is that there isn't a lot of creative thought needed when you're plastering a game controller on a shirt or making a shirt look like a gameboy. Yes, there are ways to have nostalgic pieces not be mindless, which he acknowledged in the rest of the sentence that you strangely didn't feel the need to quote. Would I rank this shirt in that category? Probably not, but I love the shirt and will buy one, because it is GOING to print.

I mean, if you feel insulted by either of those, fine. But looking at them objectively, they are both observations of two very real things around these parts.

As for the great shirt debate: Did anyone actually WATCH the cartoon clip? Distressed or not, these baby turtles look NOTHING like those baby turtles. More importantly, the cartoon had HOT PINK/PURPLE ooze coming out of a sewer pipe and the turtles were covered in it with a large puddle on the floor. Not even close to a shattered test tube. Yes, I'm aware that the scene in the movie is a LOT more similar, but then use THAT to make a point. It's the best example, barring the comics because I haven't had the privilege of seeing the turtles' origin in comic form.

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
Re: My 1st Screen Print

I like this! Very cool!

bradyson

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bradyson
lkackman wrote:Wasnt this done on thinkgeek?

Not sure. I googled "greater than AND underscore AND shirt", but did not come up with anything...
Maybe I'm not doing it right.

p.s. This shirt would be boss if it had a C on it. Oh yeah, no text this week.

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
SarahPants5 wrote:Is it just me, or does this look like osama bin laden? >.>

While I don't see the resemblance to Bin Laden, it does look more like a desert nomad of the Near East than a ninja of the Far East.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Cheep Shirt

What's it the beginning of? :P

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com