hotcha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha
HeartlineTwist wrote: A bunch of stuff.

Fair enough - I'm satisfied that you were making a reasonable generalization. Sorry for personalizing. The truth is that your conclusion is spot on -
in general, i do agree with your critique of the derbies (i just think there's a bit more in this one case, as i've argued). In 4 years of watching every derby i've seen maybe 10 shirts that i'd pay for? Pretty scarce.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

duuukkke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duuukkke
Re: TIME: The Beginning

dude the hands shouldve pointed to like 11:11 ahuhu

mikan36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikan36
Re: from every end

I really like this illustration & the background color + white for the tree stump combination. Do you have a higher resolution image of the illustration itself? If not, that's ok - I was jut curious.

Thanks!

snwsk8rdr3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snwsk8rdr3
Discobiscuits wrote:

I agree with this person. That female is rediculous what an genius

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
Re: Birth of A Tree

HalfBakedScheme: I wish it could get into the fog but at this rate it's unlikely! Glad you like!

attopic: Never seen it! Post a link, lemme see!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

gizmoduck1234

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gizmoduck1234
hotcha wrote:Fair enough - I'm satisfied that you were making a reasonable generalization. Sorry for personalizing. The truth is that your conclusion is spot on -
in general, i do agree with your critique of the derbies (i just think there's a bit more in this one case, as i've argued). In 4 years of watching every derby i've seen maybe 10 shirts that i'd pay for? Pretty scarce.

Wow you must be an expert on shirts! 4 years of watching every derby huh? A true connoisseur! Too bad the derby's only been around since summer of '07. Not only do you make no sense in your arguments you come up with bald face lies as well. Hilarious.

Now then, how to backtrack out of that statement like the one against the Duck Hunt shirt being a problem because of the way it handled a cultural reference...

viper88c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
Re: My 1st Screen Print

Cool design! I've never seen a frame with the mesh wrapped that far around the frame before.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
bradyson wrote:I like this! Very cool!

Thank you bradyson

HarlequinHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HarlequinHeart

This is my favorite one! I love this idea, you executed this perfectly. Nice work on the texture and colors... something about this still captures the compassion of the original. Nice design!

Re: The Creation of Artificial Intelligence

Octocorpse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Octocorpse
Re: In the Beginning was the Command Line...

I like it, although its a bit too simplistic. Sorry man, but it does not take SUPER CREATIVITY to make this...

casey7725

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casey7725
Re: And there was light

click on the I'd want one text at top of design

Octocorpse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Octocorpse
Re: The Journey Begins

I'd vote for you, but a few things need to be fixed. I hate it when the shirts look like a big block printed on a shirt, instead of blending in. For example, the rays coming off the sun, why not make them fade into the shirt. Either by making them lighter, or by making them turn into dissipating dots. Same goes for the rest of it.

As a backpacker myself, this shirt is awesome.

bhsuzycue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bhsuzycue
bhsuzycue wrote:Could you also do the wallpaper with the text added, please? I really like the text with the picture.

BootsBoots wrote:Sure. Tomorrow though. What resolution do you use?

I use 1650 x 1080 at home and 1024 x 768 at work. Thanks for being so kind and providing these wallpapers for us! :-)

Caseyzilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caseyzilla

I'm just going to throw this out there...aren't those tortoises? Also nice design, I'd wear it, congrats...all that jazz.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
viper88c wrote:Cool design! I've never seen a frame with the mesh wrapped that far around the frame before.

I made my screen with some left over wood that i had laying around and I picked up the mesh from Jo'anns. All in all it was home made. My 1st one I every made. It worked for about 10 shirts then it was junk. I must of did something wrong? Oh well it was fun making it, a lot of work and messy, but fun to build. stellardig

blukat44

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blukat44

wow, this is just awesome, i feel obligated to buy this shirt

jabbasi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jabbasi
Re: Gonna Be Big in Japan

I love everything about this other than the shirt color, but still GMV because the idea and the toons are great

Shirt.Woot Purchases -
30 Shirts for Myself (15 Random)
9 Shirts Given to Friends
Most Recent Purchase: Random x3

lacelaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lacelaz

I need this shirt to happen, this is AMAZING!!! Brilliant, so so brilliant

ladeuxiemeetoile

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladeuxiemeetoile
Kaliko2005 wrote:mickey mouse?

...ok. Let's contribute to the list of Mickey minutiae!

Mickey was born a train from NY to LA.

Uncle Walt was the original voice actor but his habitual smoking lowered his pitch.

And Mickey's also exactly 62 years older than me.

I'm an avid Disney buff Quite proud to be one too, no matter what anyone says.
My username translates to "The second star," in reference to "The Second Star to the Right" from Disney's '53 adaptation of Barrie's novel. (Yes, that's nice, ladeuxiemeetoile.) yeah, k bye.

GMV!!

~ladeuxiemeetoile

kickfroggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickfroggy
fofmock wrote:This is my individual take on the game Frogger, the arcade original that became a well known legend of street and river crossing. Frogger was the beginning of (according to Wikipedia) 17 remakes and upgrades, one of the most prominent arcades. Listed as one of the top 10 games, this is where enjoyment from video games was born.

PS- for anyone that feels like being technical, the sizes are based on a Frogger scale, so the frog is 1/3 the size of a log, or alligator. I don't care to hear people trying to sound smart and telling me the frog is too big :P

Thanks for any votes in advance! Hope you all like it!

I always thought frogs kicked ass ;-)

although the colors were all different in the game version I remember,
it's well thought out, and I would buy one if it won

hotcha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hotcha
gizmoduck1234 wrote:Too bad the derby's only been around since summer of '07. Not only do you make no sense in your arguments you come up with bald face lies as well. Hilarious.

Wow, my mistake. I would have sworn it was derby from almost the beginning.

gizmoduck1234 wrote:
Now then, how to backtrack out of that statement like the one against the Duck Hunt shirt being a problem because of the way it handled a cultural reference...

Funny i thought you "bowed out". And now you're just straight up trolling? Crusading - check. Insulting - check. Can't see where i was wrong about that.

kickfroggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kickfroggy
dekonstruct wrote:doesn't look like this one's printable boss. Maybe if you took it over to DBH, I hear they do gradients.

please resubmit without halftones, we like the shiny

mjkelleher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjkelleher

Oh, yeah. Very nice!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: The Original Grill Master

Thanks Anthony3419 and cobolisdead.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
thatrobert wrote:

Thanks again thatrobert!

seraph87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seraph87
Re: beginning to fly

Incredible amounts of cute, especially with the little shove! GMV!

Seeking the elusive bag o' scaffolding.

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
eHalcyon wrote:lawl. I'ven't a conspiracy theory for this one though. Spamming old threads only serves to elevate post count, and what point is there to that?

Hmmm...this is peaking my super sleuth curiosity quite a bit. Hah, I'm joking of course(about the super sleuth part anyway..I'm more of a wannabe-amateur sleuth). I'm *definitely* curious about all this drama though. Especially after realizing I knew one of these guys from Deviantart.

One reason for upping post count:

When you see a name with many posts (and a colored square) you usually wouldn't think to suspect that name as being a 'fake' account.

Hence, more posts mean more authentic? Perhaps? I would think if you were going to try and rig a derby that having many names, each with many posts, would seem less suspicious in case anyone tried checking up on it. Then you'd have extra votes *and* a name where you could pretend to be your own fan/defender.

Of course, this is all just speculation..

casey7725

Re: In the Beginning was the Command Line...

To bad it wasn’t posted earlier, but good luck

casey7725

Re: The epic begins

my brother would love this, great idea

hasdgfas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hasdgfas
AdderXYU wrote:I would personally PM Sundbe11 and see how he or she feels about Sundbe10's work.

well, they're brothers, so I'd assume that he would like it.

casey7725

Re: The Original Grill Master

Makes me want to grill a burger even if it is10 degrees outside

casey7725

Re: Kiss of Death

Very cool, nice work

xhuong6t

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xhuong6t

I really want this shirt!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
marzipanapple wrote:Hmmm...this is peaking my super sleuth curiosity quite a bit. Hah, I'm joking of course(about the super sleuth part anyway..I'm more of a wannabe-amateur sleuth). I'm *definitely* curious about all this drama though. Especially after realizing I knew one of these guys from Deviantart.

One reason for upping post count:

When you see a name with many posts (and a colored square) you usually wouldn't think to suspect that name as being a 'fake' account.

Hence, more posts mean more authentic? Perhaps? I would think if you were going to try and rig a derby that having many names, each with many posts, would seem less suspicious in case anyone tried checking up on it. Then you'd have extra votes *and* a name where you could pretend to be your own fan/defender.

Of course, this is all just speculation..

Ahh, but one would have to be quite foolish not to realize that the forum regulars would notice all the spam posts. No, if I were to make fake accounts, I would create a bunch and then let them sit and age. If I were to post with one or two, I would pass them off as lurkers, for the most part. Of course, I would keep most of them under wraps.

Hmm... given the incredible winning streak these last few weeks, I'd say it's a reasonable assumption that, if we are in the midst of some grand conspiracy, that it must have been quite some time in the making. Maybe even a year's planning has gone into this. I wouldn't be surprised if the fake accounts were created way back in December of 2007, posting with a "talky" account only once or twice a week.

Wait a second... the puzzle pieces are all coming together... it all makes sense now...

What's the best way to ensure you aren't viewed as part of a conspiracy? To propogate that conspiracy! Who would suspect "someone" of being a user's puppet account when that "person" is setting forth theories AGAINST said user? And look at your account info - signed up just over a year ago, and with that number of posts you average 1-2 posts a week. It all fits. Therefore, I call you out, "marzipanapple". But that's not your real name, is it? You're one of them, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?

Bwahaha, I've seen through your ruse! I've hit the bulls-eye, and now the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

And haishasan was the catalyst to cracking this case. Clearly haisha is a masked vigilante, intent on unleashing vengeance on the criminally-inclined. And like so many dashing heroes, haisha used unconventional methods to bring about justice before disappearing, true identity unknown.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ssbaudi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssbaudi

no one cool would ever wear this shirt. on that same point, if a cool person did wear this, they would instantly become a gooey zit faced supergeek. planet shirts are now just as nylon as wolf shirts.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Interesting, but some of the pictures look like clipart (and poorly overlapping ones too)... plus, why is the sun/moon coming after the plants?

ssbaudi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ssbaudi
masterkraig wrote:HalfBakedScheme: I wish it could get into the fog but at this rate it's unlikely! Glad you like!

attopic: Never seen it! Post a link, lemme see!

I love this shirt man, I hope it somehow jumps into the fog!

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Nominate wrote:Ahh! Very upset that this dropped out of the fog.

Once again, the voters of woot (Original content not provided.) and select a "artsy" shirt with a dumb and overused subject like Phoenix that looks absolutely stupid wearing around in real life, but fails to vote in a genius idea that is well executed AND makes sense for if you're an artist.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
eHalcyon wrote:Since this is unlikely to win here, could you please make the rounds on the various competitions sites with this design? I'm loathe to buy from Spreadshirt because of the lower quality and higher cost. If you put this on Cameesa, you'll have my support. And if not any of those, could you please TeeFury it before going to Spreadshirt?

Same goes for Big Words.

An addendum - if it goes to a competition site, please oh please let us know. A shameless plug, be it in the derby thread or just in your signature, would be handy. I just found Big Words over on Threadless, too late to add my $5.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)