Helperbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Helperbot

I quite like this shirt...

electromaniacal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electromaniacal
Octocorpse wrote:I like it, although its a bit too simplistic. Sorry man, but it does not take SUPER CREATIVITY to make this...

It is quite minimalist, yes. But that was just the nature of the idea. What's there is really all that was needed. The viewer is supposed to fill in the rest. Just like we can recognize a drawing of a face with just a few marks, people can recognize via the symbols and composition what it is supposed to represent: a computer waiting to begin. Nothing more is really necessary... except, maybe, making it glow in the dark. :D

I suppose it also depends on your definition of "SUPER CREATIVITY". Is it clever ideas or the ability to produce images?

Just a thought.

Mancho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mancho
eHalcyon wrote:Lemon is good. Keep it on lemon.

/doesn't need another baby blue shrit.

Ditto. Don't you dare mess with the color of that shirt!

About this design... When I browse the derby, I usually only open up half a dozen or so of the designs, the ones that look the coolest based on the thumbnail, and I rarely vote for more than one or two. A few derbies ago (Optimism), one was yours. This derby, two were yours. And based on your site, it looks like a couple others from other derbies that I didn't know were yours were also among my favorites. Boots, you have a real talent. Thank you for sharing it with us, even if we can't get a shirt out of it.

mudbeast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mudbeast
Re: It was a dark and stormy night... (resub)

This. Is. Awesome.

Pride thundered through my mind, body and soul in unison while navigating the deep and cavernous history of that notorious rapscallion Paul Clifford, who stands as father, lover and care giver of the coquettish and wanton scullery maid of literature, Lady Prose, draped in her mock-majestic purple apron, and I felt myself again reborn as a wannabe literary nerd.

qdibble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qdibble
HeartlineTwist wrote:Is subtle your code word for "CAN'T SEE IT?"

Subtle is the skull on the Grim Optimism shirt. I can almost guarantee that this would be about as bad, visibility wise, as Yay Broccoli was before woot fixed it.

You can do dark on dark. It's a matter of doing it while it still being visible.

Saying wooters have no taste for art is quickly becoming a trite statement. At least half of the fog is good art. As much as 3/4 of the fog could be considered art. There are several shirts a couple of places below this that are also good art.

It's easy to say wooters have no taste for art. It's just as easy to say that wooters have no taste for things they find unappealing. Art can be unappealing.

This shirt has several critiques involving the splotches and the color on color potential for problems.

You're a comedian. Are you suggesting that people can critique a shirt for having "splotches" but I can't have an opinion as to what I consider good art? I was merely suggesting that some people have bad taste. That (obviously) is an opinion based on my own taste. I meant no ill will or disrespect. I just get disappointed when I see shirts I like not make the grade. It happens.

But I seriously appreciate your reply to my message. You may be right about the shirt not printing well.

databit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages databit
Re: In the Beginning was the Command Line...

I like it, but I hope it is not rejected on text.

ced22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ced22

*ahuhu* very cool!

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
qdibble wrote:You're a comedian. Are you suggesting that people can critique a shirt for having "splotches" but I can't have an opinion as to what I consider good art? I was merely suggesting that some people have bad taste. That (obviously) is an opinion based on my own taste. I meant no ill will or disrespect. I just get disappointed when I see shirts I like not make the grade. It happens.

But I seriously appreciate your reply to my message. You may be right about the shirt not printing well.

You can have the opinion, but the counter-opinion is just as valid when that's as far as the conversation goes.

I also get highly disappointed when shirts I like don't print or fog. It happens a lot. Too much for my taste.

I was pointing out that while it it definitely art, there are some issues that, in my mind, hold it back from being "good" art. I don't think it's BAD art or even mediocre art, but it has a few flaws that serve serious problems as a shirt.

HeartlineTwist

nbrosas wrote:Once again, the voters of woot (Original content not provided.) and select a "artsy" shirt with a dumb and overused subject like Phoenix that looks absolutely stupid wearing around in real life, but fails to vote in a genius idea that is well executed AND makes sense for if you're an artist.

Actually, if you want to target a shirt, your only beef is with the Mickey Mouse shirt. The phoenix shirt has been fogged and hotness'd for days. I hope I'm wrong, but the Mickey shirt probably won't make the cut, and this one wouldn't have either.

wicketswidget

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wicketswidget
Re: The Open Road Outback

.WOOT NEEDS MORE PLATIPI!!!!

Shaylan Turner

Xanzibar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Xanzibar
eHalcyon wrote:

Wait a second... the puzzle pieces are all coming together... it all makes sense now...

What's the best way to ensure you aren't viewed as part of a conspiracy? To propogate that conspiracy! Who would suspect "someone" of being a user's puppet account when that "person" is setting forth theories AGAINST said user? And look at your account info - signed up just over a year ago, and with that number of posts you average 1-2 posts a week. It all fits. Therefore, I call you out, "marzipanapple". But that's not your real name, is it? You're one of them, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?

Bwahaha, I've seen through your ruse! I've hit the bulls-eye, and now the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

By jimminy you've done it!! You've solved the woot conspiracy!! Does this mean Aliens do exist in Texas ?? Pigs can fly?? Who knows what other conspiracies EHalc and the masked maurauder only known as Haisha can solve next??

Tune in next time for the next exciting episode of ... (insert cliche tv show name here) !!!

What is this?
http://www.rewards1.com/index.php?referrer_id=1590902

cobolisdead

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobolisdead
Re: Life Renewed

Come on folks! Get this back in third so it can get printed!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
bhsuzycue wrote:I use 1650 x 1080 at home and 1024 x 768 at work. Thanks for being so kind and providing these wallpapers for us! :-)

Done! It's up at the same place!

DelCoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DelCoo
Re: The Beginning of the End

This is one of my all time favorite woot designs. Excellent job. I am really disappointed that I can't buy i t.

ejbilynsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ejbilynsky
Re: The Very First Date

WOW I LOVE IT. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut
Re: Horror Beginnings

I love a good horror shirt, and have purchased a few here on Woot, but I'm not crazy about the "Planet of the Apes" look when it comes to the classic monsters...sorry. It might appeal to my 8yo who owns a monkey skull & crossbone t shirt, which ironically, she's wore to school yesterday. I've purchased quite a few t's for her here as well, so don't take my opinion the wrong way. I'm not saying your design would appeal to kids, just my creepy kid.

EDIT: This design is growing on me, the more I look at it ;)

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
HeartlineTwist wrote:Actually, if you want to target a shirt, your only beef is with the Mickey Mouse shirt. The phoenix shirt has been fogged and hotness'd for days. I hope I'm wrong, but the Mickey shirt probably won't make the cut, and this one wouldn't have either.

ell, the problem is that the Phoenix shirts was fogged in the first place. Phoenixes aren't even original anymore! It is a nice design, I'm not saying it is, but come on. Theme has been overdone.

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

This thing's getting more votes now and I have no idea which shirts are going to make the top three!

I must say this is an amazing Pheonix design, unlike http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=7716 which just irked me for looking dull, but that's just me!

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Mancho wrote:Ditto. Don't you dare mess with the color of that shirt!

About this design... When I browse the derby, I usually only open up half a dozen or so of the designs, the ones that look the coolest based on the thumbnail, and I rarely vote for more than one or two. A few derbies ago (Optimism), one was yours. This derby, two were yours. And based on your site, it looks like a couple others from other derbies that I didn't know were yours were also among my favorites. Boots, you have a real talent. Thank you for sharing it with us, even if we can't get a shirt out of it.

That's such a nice compliment, I don't know really what to say. "You're welcome" seems a bit pretentious doesn't it? Thanks

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig
ssbaudi wrote:I love this shirt man, I hope it somehow jumps into the fog!

Thanks ssbaudi, I hope I get 1000 votes or so in the next couple hours! haha

I'll be making this available with some other designs at some point in the future.

Also I just noticed you joined on my birthday :o

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

lackofpies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lackofpies

I love this drawing style! Keep up the good work!

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
eHalcyon wrote:What's the best way to ensure you aren't viewed as part of a conspiracy? To propogate that conspiracy! Who would suspect "someone" of being a user's puppet account when that "person" is setting forth theories AGAINST said user? And look at your account info - signed up just over a year ago, and with that number of posts you average 1-2 posts a week. It all fits. Therefore, I call you out, "marzipanapple". But that's not your real name, is it? You're one of them, aren't you? AREN'T YOU?

Haha! I laughed out loud at this eHalcyon!

Of course, if an artist created dummy accounts to give himself votes, and then used his own dummy accounts to propagate conspiracies about himself when questions arose, he'd have to be careful to not go too far and actually have his dummy accounts' accusations cause an actual investigation to be launched. How ironic it would be for an artist to get his dummy accounts found out because of using his dummy accounts to try to diffuse suspicion about his dummy accounts? What a fine line to walk!

cobolisdead

Come folks! Get this back in the fog!

You can ride with me, or you can find your own path. Don't stab me in the back after I've cleared the way.

goopile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goopile
Re: The epic begins

Not a huge fan of the distressed thing, but GMV, and I'm in for 3 when it prints.

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Spring Beginning

Glad you guys like it, thanks!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
FlamingoNut wrote:I love a good horror shirt, and have purchased a few here on Woot, but I'm not crazy about the "Planet of the Apes" look when it comes to the classic monsters...sorry. It might appeal to my 8yo who owns a monkey skull & crossbone t shirt, which ironically, she's wore to school yesterday. I've purchased quite a few t's for her here as well, so don't take my opinion the wrong way. I'm not saying your design would appeal to kids, just my creepy kid.

EDIT: This design is growing on me, the more I look at it ;)

Thanks for commenting. I'm not taking your opinion wrong at all. I was a little late in thinking of something and probably could have added more detail. If it's only the subject matter that you're opposed to, I'm glad it's growing on you. As for appeal, I'm just hoping to appeal to anyone who would want to purchase it, be it 8 or 80 l o l.

Looking at it now, I see some things that I could have done differently. For one, I would make Dracula Monkey pop a bit more. He's kind of lacking compared to Franken Monkey. I would also redo the hands for The Monkey from the Black Lagoon.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who voted and I appreciate the comments. Cheers!

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: 1928. The birth of an icon.

Please vote for this one! I really want this shirt!!!!!

cobolisdead

nbrosas wrote:ell, the problem is that the Phoenix shirts was fogged in the first place. Phoenixes aren't even original anymore! It is a nice design, I'm not saying it is, but come on. Theme has been overdone.

Its been done less than a handful in a year on woot. Not even over done in the slightest.You don't like Phoenix designs, fine, but they are not over done. Birds are over done, Trees are over done, Cute little people are overdone, Talking Food is over done, Skulls are over done, and Fish are overdone, but there haven't been that many Phoenix designs.

cainja1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cainja1
Stexe wrote:Interesting, but some of the pictures look like clipart (and poorly overlapping ones too)... plus, why is the sun/moon coming after the plants?

Try reading the 1st Chapter of Genesis. I did my homework on this design. It isn't until the 4th day that God created the sun moon and stars.
And to the claim of clip art - I wanted to draw the animals as silhouettes because the would stand out better against the clock face and the black background of the shirt. The limited detail is intentional. The same goes for the man/woman symbols.
Thanks for the comment and interest

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
electromaniacal wrote:I suppose it also depends on your definition of "SUPER CREATIVITY". Is it clever ideas or the ability to produce images?)

sorry, can't resist butting in here. bad or dull ideas drawn really well and look great on a tee are a dime a dozen, just go to walmart and buy one. good ideas drawn poorly never go anywhere because no one would want to wear it. dull ideas that have been done over and over, done well or not, simply are never going to win a competition like this unless there is something in them them that takes the idea to a new place...in other words employ "super creativity". that design doesn't go anywhere interesting and has, quite honestly, been done so many times you can almost hear the audience groan when you see it.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
HeartlineTwist wrote:How do you know this is in third?

The Phoenix shirt and Blank Canvas one are swapping back and forth between in and out of hte fog so that would put this one in 3rd as the other 2 have like double the votes. You can get a pretty close idea of whats going on with Shirt Derby Stats

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
paulkremer wrote:Haha! I laughed out loud at this eHalcyon!

Of course, if an artist created dummy accounts to give himself votes, and then used his own dummy accounts to propagate conspiracies about himself when questions arose, he'd have to be careful to not go too far and actually have his dummy accounts' accusations cause an actual investigation to be launched. How ironic it would be for an artist to get his dummy accounts found out because of using his dummy accounts to try to diffuse suspicion about his dummy accounts? What a fine line to walk!

Such a fine line and I've finally crossed it! And I was such a mastermind all this time..

I knew my cutesy entry in the 'Optimism' derby would come back and bite me in the ass.

skladek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skladek
Kaliko2005 wrote:how do i use Pantone Swatches? and how does that allow me to use colors that are illegal?

In Photoshop or Illustrator, load the Pantone Process palette into the swatch window. It isn't letting you use colors that are "illegal." The swatches on the shirt template are the available shirt colors. The Pantone swatches are the available colors that can be printed on the shirt.

meh3884

quality posts: 24 Private Messages meh3884

arcsus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages arcsus
Re: The Genesis Clock

Awesome. GMV.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
nbrosas wrote:Once again, the voters of woot (Original content not provided.) and select a "artsy" shirt with a dumb and overused subject like Phoenix that looks absolutely stupid wearing around in real life, but fails to vote in a genius idea that is well executed AND makes sense for if you're an artist.

Not everyone on this site is an artist. If I wore this shirt, it would just look like a guy was about to start painting my boobs. :-P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
meh3884 wrote:glorious.

text. most certainly. I guess Joel went to the CES meeting.

jzlosman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jzlosman
SailorButterfly wrote:Not everyone on this site is an artist. If I wore this shirt, it would just look like a guy was about to start painting my boobs. :-P

I agree. It is a cool design, looks great onscreen, maybe a nice wallpaper for my desktop (in fact that might look really cool), but as far as on my clothes I don't like it. Shirts with nothing in the upper half of the shirt has never appealed to me.

Scooter1116

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Scooter1116

Nice.... will have to buy

HeartlineTwist

jzlosman wrote:The Phoenix shirt and Blank Canvas one are swapping back and forth between in and out of hte fog so that would put this one in 3rd as the other 2 have like double the votes. You can get a pretty close idea of whats going on with Shirt Derby Stats

Interesting, because I've never actually seen the phoenix out of the fog. I'd love for this to print, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.