nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52
Jamuko wrote:All these puns and not a single "tea-shirt" joke?

Damn, good call!

ericsdonut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ericsdonut
Jamuko wrote:All these puns and not a single "tea-shirt" joke?

VERY NICE

npwilson05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages npwilson05

I love this shirt!! I just wish the "tea-shirt" was a different color. Not so much on the red.

But I do commend the artist!

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

The shirt is great and works on so many levels.
As to the facial hair comments, who knows for sure, the ancients weren't much for taking pictures.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

what the hell is this, mosses parted the red tea? looks like milk.if it's mosses the halo isn't necessary. IMHO But I dont believe in that sort of thing anyways. makes for a good story though. I thought that picture look like a google one ..

zozzles

quality posts: 6 Private Messages zozzles
eHalcyon wrote:Thought - I think the water could have stood to have a red tinge. Then you have the line "Moses parts the red tea".

Edit: heh, I hadn't read the copy yet. Woot beat me to the punch.

Hah! I've been expecting someone to come up with some sort of sexist "parting the red t-shirt" comment.* But, alas, in vain. Or else I've missed it - only did an exceedingly cursory scan through the comments.

* OK: here's one. Dashed line down the front center of only the women's sizes of shirts. Dashes are fairly short, but are slit.

"Designed for those who love bodice ripping novels!" in the description.

zozzles

heartluce wrote:Yep, and Google confirms. :D

I reckon I do too. I'm the re-incarnation of John the Baptist and I keep having to trim the bits to the left and right of where my lips join or I find myself chewing on hair too often.

(note: I literally did have to do this yesterday. With the exception of shaving my neck more-or-less rarely, I have a full beard. One time, when it was longer than usual, I was at a restaurant and a couple of parents came up to me to ask if their children could ask if I was Santa Claus. Weird trip, that - I didn't fib to the kids, but they enjoyed it anyhow.)

zozzles

zozzles wrote:Hah! I've been expecting someone to come up with some sort of sexist "parting the red t-shirt" comment.* But, alas, in vain. Or else I've missed it - only did an exceedingly cursory scan through the comments.

* OK: here's one. Dashed line down the front center of only the women's sizes of shirts. Dashes are fairly short, but are slit.

"Designed for those who love bodice ripping novels!" in the description.

edit:
Oh dear. How forgetful of me! There was that terrible debates about - turnips, wasn't it - last night. People can get SO overwrought about root vegetables, it appears.

zozzles

XdeathxbedX wrote:moses had lots of cool.

Allegedly (who knows who put the report in or if it was truthful or not), he missed out on a chunk of cool when he got prideful about some miracle or something. Or did someone prove him innocent of the charge?

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1

To those mentioning the odd mustache... funny, I saw the tea in the bag doing double duty as a big bushy beard to go with that mustache, thus matching more stereotypical depictions of Moses. I realize that means the whole tea bag is his head, with no body, but are there really any rules for drawing anthropomorphic tea bags?

Either way, nice, clever design. Grats to the artist!

jenndow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenndow

I love it, big ups to the designer. I cannot wait to wear it.

IG64Assassin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IG64Assassin

Hmm, I was wondering if Woot supported dithering in their shirt printing. Noted...

MrBrookRiver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrBrookRiver

Radiomode, I really enjoy this shirt. Count me in for one! Thanks!

HexMaster

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HexMaster

Bungie.net would have none of this...*scared*

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
bcm1 wrote:To those mentioning the odd mustache... funny, I saw the tea in the bag doing double duty as a big bushy beard to go with that mustache, thus matching more stereotypical depictions of Moses. I realize that means the whole tea bag is his head, with no body, but are there really any rules for drawing anthropomorphic tea bags?

Either way, nice, clever design. Grats to the artist!

That's how I saw it too...just adds to the quirkiness. I had to buy one ;-). Been wanting a red woot shirt and this was just odd enough...

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
ChefRAZ wrote:what the hell is this, mosses parted the red tea? looks like milk.if it's mosses the halo isn't necessary. IMHO But I dont believe in that sort of thing anyways. makes for a good story though. I thought that picture look like a google one ..

I call broccoli on you ChefRAZ. Your conspiracy cup and the cup on the shirt don't match. I'm not saying that it's impossible that something from google images didn't "inspire" the shirt cup but I'm pretty sure that there are at least 4 different reasons it isn't the one you picked.

If you would have claimed it was a copy of this one, it might have believed you...

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Wasn't there previously a lot of flak given by Woot to stuff similar to Larson's Far Side pictures?

like this one?

fistpittingnork

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fistpittingnork
byrbwr wrote:
Oh, and 'parting the red tea'. Hiya? It's a Red T-Shirt. It totally works.

No no, it's a Red Tea-Shirt. *rimshot*

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

Congrats, radiomode!! Very funny!

anachostic

quality posts: 4 Private Messages anachostic

That's a misleading title. I was expecting

dankoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dankoni

Love it. I'm grabbing one now!

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex
eHalcyon wrote:Thought - I think the water could have stood to have a red tinge. Then you have the line "Moses parts the red tea".
Edit: heh, I hadn't read the copy yet. Woot beat me to the punch.

Ya I agree with that too.. otherwise it looks like milk or something non-tea 'ish

dubdubdub

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dubdubdub
Josephus wrote:Wasn't there previously a lot of flak given by Woot to stuff similar to Larson's Far Side pictures?

Nah, no no. The fishbowl picture was much closer to a Far Side picture than this (even though it wasn't a copy). Now if that tea bag was sitting at the table for breakfast...

Instead, I figured this would have fall under the "Uh, we're not going there." rule.

FlamingoNut

quality posts: 12 Private Messages FlamingoNut

I've always been a tea drinker, and would've purchased this shirt, had it not looked like milk, had it not had that Guiseppe mustache, had it not had that halo. Just not all that cute, unfortunately since it's so me

harrv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harrv
FlamingoNut wrote:I've always been a tea drinker, and would've purchased this shirt, had it not looked like milk, had it not had that Guiseppe mustache, had it not had that halo. Just not all that cute, unfortunately since it's so me

How would this have worked WITHOUT the halo? You do recognize that it is religious symbolism, right?

bcm1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcm1
iamjakex wrote:Ya I agree with that too.. otherwise it looks like milk or something non-tea 'ish

Well, it really shouldn't look like tea unless the tea bag were IN the liquid, right?

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
ChefRAZ wrote:what the hell is this, mosses parted the red tea? looks like milk.if it's mosses the halo isn't necessary. IMHO But I dont believe in that sort of thing anyways. makes for a good story though. I thought that picture look like a google one ..

you still wont let that go? sad...

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

katiebkool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katiebkool

Yep, Moses never had a halo -- he's not a divine being, and was just a man.

Katie

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

Congrats on the daily, Radiomode. I love your stuff. This one doesn't really do it for me enough for me to buy it, but ees steeel gooood.

houseofpearl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houseofpearl

Hmmm....I'm a tea drinker, I dated a guy named Moses, and I look good in red (and think the "Red Tee" bit is funny)...but for some reason I'm just not sold on it. Dang. I'll have to marinate on this one a bit.

"Get on your bikes and RIDE!" Freddie Mercury

notsomuch

quality posts: 6 Private Messages notsomuch
XdeathxbedX wrote:they hard long facial hair, sure.

but not necessarily silly mustaches. nor halos? oh well. biblical correctness is just one of those things i obsess over. much like red seas. and parting them. especially the ones in my veins...

woot will prolly delete this. but i guess thats understandable. im a killjoy for the rest of you guys.

Not a killjoy. A laughing sock. There's a difference.

Once you go Mac, you never go back.

nitrousoxide52

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nitrousoxide52

Another reason to buy this: To laugh at all the people who point out that Moses shouldn't have a halo, but say nothing about him being a teabag.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
flipmeister wrote:you still wont let that go? sad...

I think it's sad that you seem to think stealing someone else's work, without any penalty whatsoever, is acceptable.

flipmeister

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister
IndependentVik wrote:I think it's sad that you seem to think stealing someone else's work, without any penalty whatsoever, is acceptable.

its not the same mug... hes made his gripe about the broccoli many times now, let it go

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
flipmeister wrote:its not the same mug... hes made his gripe about the broccoli many times now, let it go

I have no gripe with radiomode; I don't think it's the same mug, either (was assuming Raz was being sarcastic, actually, though on second read maybe he wasn't).

In any case, apologies for the misunderstanding. I thought you were defending cheesesandwich's actions, not radiomode's.

fistpittingnork

I was tempted by this one, Radiomode, but thanks to the link in the description I ordered your Friends are Forever shirt instead. I've been meaning to pick it up anyway.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Would have been funnier if the tea had been colored...

Get it? Red tea?

Check out my blog:Here!

ProfHotpants

quality posts: 49 Private Messages ProfHotpants
Meraji wrote:Wow, that tea bag has a little too much going on - a halo, a staff and a barbershop quartet mustache! What is with the 'stache, by the way?

Everything is better with a mustache!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
ProfHotpants wrote:Everything is better with a mustache!

This makes for very odd dinner parties.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

fistpittingnork

ProfHotpants wrote:Everything is better with a mustache!

That's true.

Mustache = results