ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Mayflower Mayhem

Thanks all, I was slightly worried about including the dead people, but decided that they weren't realistic enough to be an issue :P (Plus, it's just a reality of life)

f7eleven

quality posts: 0 Private Messages f7eleven
Re: Technology Outstrips Settlers

I love this! It reminds me of the band Roper!

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog
Re: Rabbits Win the Space Race!

GMV, I voted for this one before DFs.. I think I made him sad. Anyway, will totally buy it!

spyderiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderiii
Re: As Simple as Black or White...

If only all of history's problems were so easily fixed...

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Rabbits Win the Space Race!

MORE RABBITS?

But this really is a great design.

WidowFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages WidowFrog
DeadFrog wrote:Yeah, even after 2 months of submitting 1 or 2 entries a week I still can't figure out the tricks to getting the colors to look right or to consistently avoiding recompression issues. Maybe I just need to experiment more.

Should have waited for me to come home from class....

viper88c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viper88c
omnitarian wrote:It's not as silly as you'd think- the convention of making north "up" was invented by a 1st century astronomer and became the norm only thanks to the political and academic influence of the U.K. during the standardization of cartography. Basically, Britain decided to stroke its ego and make itself 'above' all other countries and at the center of the world. The tradition stuck.

There are grassroots efforts to bring this very sort of projection into the norm- see the wikipedia article.

So yeah, sorry for that rant. I'm a geography major, you see. :\

Wow... that was very informative, ahuhu. Very intersting too!
Thank you now I can say that the next time I have a conversation with my friend the rocket scientist and sound that much smarter!
.... but seriousley I will!

GregZimmerman1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GregZimmerman1010

Never would have thought of this. I like it. Has my vote. Makes you think for a second. Good job.

wmorrill

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wmorrill
Re: Japan's Defense

If only japan had invented the giant-sized Rockem Sockem Robot...

contraba55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages contraba55

Unless you own the picture, I could see this turning into another Broccoli debate.

nbrosas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nbrosas
Re: Columbus discovers seven stranded castaways.

Oh man, this is awesome. I'm hoping this one stays fogged the entire time.

mordicat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mordicat
Re: Technology Outstrips Settlers

this reminds me of Firefly, in the kind of space/sci fi western style. in for one, maybe two

Urban Painter, Random Shirt (x3), Stop Motion, Me-Too Birds Flee A Pander Tree, Plan B, Say No To Scurvy, Pockets of Spring, Why Can’t I Fly, Friend?, Swim, Little Nessie!, Lady out of water, Survival Tracking Guide, Do The Math, Anatomy Test, Cartons Of Death, Alice Painting Caterpillar, Full of Ink

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
Re: Maybe she said it for a reason

We're slashing prices! I really love the colors!

GregZimmerman1010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GregZimmerman1010

Personally, I just dont like black shirts... so maybe if it was on a different color, i'd want to buy it. Stll voted for it though, as I love the idea.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29

Thought about doing something like this, but figured it would be too touchy of a subject. Not to mention I didn't really have any good ideas on how to make it work.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: Good food fast

what if your favorite fast food had extra protein.

KarenClark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KarenClark

Got my vote! Hope it places, I want it.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Another career cut short.

I'm not sure if it was Harrison Ford's career or Indiana Jones' career cut short. I thought about it both ways. :^)

dracoxargenteus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dracoxargenteus

This is made of win. Seriously.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
Re: Let cake eat them!

What if Marie Antoinette said 'let cake eat them!' and then there were cakes that ate people.

roricha084

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roricha084

DONT LEAVE US PUCKER!!!!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Let cake eat them!

Man, I don't want to like this....but I'm afraid I do.

TheLarrikin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheLarrikin
Re: When You're the Best of Friends♪

When you're the best of friends, you'll do anything for each other. Optimus Prime and Megatron befriended each other - and now, nothing else matters. Their only care is making sure they don't trip, as they skip off into the sunset. Aww.

JTMosh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JTMosh

If it's there, it has my money.

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

oh, this is perfect! Edgar, fantastic idea and execution. I'd love to buy this and wear it proudly!

DeadFrog

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DeadFrog
mordicat wrote:this reminds me of Firefly, in the kind of space/sci fi western style. in for one, maybe two

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the show. I even parodied part of the opening lines from it in my explanation. I wanted to combine that feel with a Gennedy Tartakofski sp? Samurai Jack sort of a situation.

kdubbs29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kdubbs29
Re: That Gladiator Shirt

The fallen gladiator appears to have quite the bulge.

Kaliko2005

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kaliko2005
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=26410]

this is incredible i love it

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Slow and Steady LOSER

great line quality and style! and love the idea. gmv

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
Re: Original Sin Avoided

thanks! this was tough with only 6 colors... I would have liked the apple to be a brighter red. I'll try and post some detail pics this weekend.

nstgtr42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nstgtr42

This is the most interesting sub thus far, in my humble opinion.

Most of the others seem to hinge on some kind of unrealistic, cataclysmic event having occured at some unknown point resulting in, apparently, dinosaurs ruling the earth. This one, on the other hand, takes a well known and exhaustively documented event and asks, appropriately, "what if they weren't being recorded and televised?"

Unfortunately, as wootvan notes, this particular historical revision would probably have little to no recognizable effect on the present, but that's what makes it interesting. How often do people who have witnessed the film of this event (usually as part of a montage set to an epic, tear-jerking soundtrack and pasted amidst flaming monks, mushroom clouds and goose-stepping lemmings) actually consider what the outcome was?

Rather than some butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane of dinosaurs we begin with an event that is perceived to be a major hurricane, turn it around, and end up with - I must unfortunately assume - no change at all, not even a wing-flap.

Sardonic gallows humor veiling a solid political statement that actually makes you think, all accomplished with three doodle-tanks and a stick figure. Brilliant. I would definitely buy and wear this shirt.

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83

Love it! I just bought Gilligan's Island: The Complete Series on DVD about a month ago. The style is very cute and the colors are great!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
omnitarian wrote:I wouldn't resub- the rabbits look fine to me and the real colors are up to Woot's pantone pickers anyway, right?

Anyway, I love the whimsical artsiness you incorporate in your designs, boots. This one's no different. Best of luck with it.

Thanks for the color input everyone. Ok. No resubs. I feel much better.

And thanks for the great comments, too.

sharnar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharnar
BootsBoots wrote:I love the dead people.

oh i also love the dead people

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
WidowFrog wrote:GMV, I voted for this one before DFs.. I think I made him sad. Anyway, will totally buy it!

This is why he killed himself isn't it? (thanks!)

sharnar

Re: One Small Step for Mon

mm i do like this but it didnt immediately pick up on it either the flag blends into the background too much i think

sharnar

schneckerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schneckerl
Re: Dinosaurs Who Are Communist for Some Reason

fantastic! would be my first woot in a long long time here..

sharnar

sharnar wrote:

whoops, i got ahead of myself a little bit
but this is REALLY awkward placement

tpapp157

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tpapp157

Awesome idea but I think it needs the "feel the rhythm. feel the rhyme" quote on the shirt.