WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Monkey Bars

Speed to First Woot:
0m 35.000s
First Sucker:
DangerMouse9
Last Wooter to Woot:
amorgan6513
Last Purchase:
3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 41% of Shirt Woots
Top 13% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
1863

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 93% second woot
  • 7% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 9% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 5% one month old
  • 39% one year old
  • 46% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 93% bought 1
  • 6% bought 2
  • 1% bought 3 or more

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

11%
3%
2%
1%
1%
2%
4%
9%
10%
9%
6%
5%
4%
4%
4%
3%
4%
3%
2%
3%
3%
2%
2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

1%
1%
96%
1%
0%
1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting







boredterry


quality posts: 0 Private Messages boredterry



*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

Once you get your shirt, why don't you post a pic?

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

This doesn't look like kids apparel to me. o-o It has alcohol on it?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Terrible pun.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

Irrelevant


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Irrelevant

not a bad concept and design....can't see myself sporting it though. i think i've grown up enough lately. congrats to the artist on the print though. it could make a really fun wallpaper

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

L O L grats on the print, Ian. Nice to see those martinis are shaken, not stirred XD

vikingnaz1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages vikingnaz1

Thats a lot of green... Congrats, just not my type of shirt, sorry.

flipmeister


quality posts: 4 Private Messages flipmeister

more alcohol relatedness.... im so confused woot, and may end up buying this shirt.

[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Uh...interesting? I don't really get it, and also feel that this shouldn't be available in kid's sizes, unless, of course, there are adults that prefer to wear kid's sizes.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sekiyoku wrote:This doesn't look like kids apparel to me. o-o It has alcohol on it?



Does every shirt HAVE to be for kids?

techspecs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages techspecs

oh!!!! the puns!!!!

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
JadenKale wrote:Does every shirt HAVE to be for kids?



In the user bio, it says the designer was hired to create kids apparel. It just seems weird.

skateboardstef


quality posts: 0 Private Messages skateboardstef

As a college student, I'm naturally attracted to this shirt. Love the color as well. In for one!

soliver


quality posts: 27 Private Messages soliver

Ha! That reminds me of those monkeys on Madagascar.

clsoetaert


quality posts: 0 Private Messages clsoetaert

I'm sad. I've been waiting for a green shirt, this shade of green nonetheless, and all I get is this silly monkey nonsense. In for none. I really don't like the alcohol reference.

Congrats on the print?

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:Does every shirt HAVE to be for kids?



nope doesn't have to be , but also true is the words of ramyb. "shouldn't be avalable in kids sizes."

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

these are impressively square-headed monkeys

Leichenhalle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Leichenhalle

Love the idea!

I'd buy it if it wasn't for the kid...

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sekiyoku wrote:In the user bio, it says the designer was hired to create kids apparel. It just seems weird.



I've created a relatively kid-friendly prints, done kid designs in the past and family friendly designs and logos, but don't pigeon-hole myself to one style simply because I've done that style primarily in the past. Does putting that on his bio mean he's required to do so every time he submits a piece? I applaud him for not sticking to what he always does and changed things up.

darthfluffy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthfluffy

Always like shirts taking things literally...

http://shirtwoot.blogspot.com/
Woots: 6
Sellout Woots: 3
Shirt Woots: 1

GeneralSpecifik


quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeneralSpecifik

would have been better without the kid.

cuchalainfilms


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuchalainfilms

I like the joke, but just couldn't wear it. And If you don't want your kids to wear anthropromorphized monkeys drinking, then don't purchase them. Besides, the little tykes really should be in bed, not to mention knowing your credit card number and or paypal account. I for one am waiting for a good drinking related shirt.

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
JadenKale wrote:I've created a relatively kid-friendly prints, done kid designs in the past and family friendly designs and logos, but don't pigeon-hole myself to one style simply because I've done that style primarily in the past. Does putting that on his bio mean he's required to do so every time he submits a piece? I applaud him for not sticking to what he always does and changed things up.



Uh, are you trying to pick a fight? When I looked at the shirt and read the bio, I thought it was intended to be a kids shirt, since the two fit together. Then I noticed the alcohol and was confused. Maybe woot was trying to be ironic by saying that he designed kids shirts but this one is obviously not for kids.

Also, do you know this designer? Maybe he actually always does alcohol shirts and the kids shirt are the anomaly. Whatever the case, I'm not attacking him, I couldn't care less what style of shirts he does, same or different.

antonious13


quality posts: 1 Private Messages antonious13

I think the kid ruins a somewhat humorous shirt . . . not that I would have worn this either way

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
sekiyoku wrote:Uh, are you trying to pick a fight? When I looked at the shirt and read the bio, I thought it was intended to be a kids shirt, since the two fit together. Then I noticed the alcohol and was confused. Maybe woot was trying to be ironic by saying that he designed kids shirts but this one is obviously not for kids.

Also, do you know this designer? Maybe he actually always does alcohol shirts and the kids shirt are the anomaly. Whatever the case, I'm not attacking him, I couldn't care less what style of shirts he does, same or different.


Did you even look at his portfolio? His numerous pieces he's had printed at Threadless? It's partially a joke. Yes, he's had child-like designs printed, but he's got much more range than that. For example, the beer labels he's created.

And yeah, I'm very familiar with his work. I do stray from woot to find better designs.

czs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages czs

My first woot & shirt.woot all rolled into one! The print made me laugh immediately as I love making small children cry..hahaha! ;-)

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
ChefRAZ wrote:with your comments ,I'm thinking your not. O_o !



I'm not starting an argument, I just can't see why someone would make such a comment when the information is practically handed to them to see what the person's artistic style is. You can't judge off one print.

xmercutio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmercutio

This is just priceless, got one for me and one for my 5 year old. Woot! woot! woot! you never stop surprising me. =)

-Cal

sidecarsally


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

Monkeys actually age like dogs, so those monkeys only needed to be 3-years-old to drink.

xmercutio


quality posts: 0 Private Messages xmercutio
czs wrote:My first woot & shirt.woot all rolled into one! The print made me laugh immediately as I love making small children cry..hahaha! ;-)




you sound like my brother...he can't listen to his nephews cry...but as soon as they forget what they are crying for and they stop, he reminds them again or sends them to timeout for no reason so they'll cry again. ahuhu

-Cal

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
JadenKale wrote:Did you even look at his portfolio? His numerous pieces he's had printed at Threadless? It's partially a joke. Yes, he's had child-like designs printed, but he's got much more range than that. For example, the beer labels he's created.

And yeah, I'm very familiar with his work. I do stray from woot to find better designs.



I wasn't commenting on his artistic style at all. :p I was commenting on the shirt in relation to the blurb about the artist. That's it, calm down.

cuchalainfilms


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuchalainfilms
ChefRAZ wrote:you can go to www(dot)windows_paint(dot)com and find better designs every day.



That is not actually a website. FYI.

To each his own. I like the joke, and think the art matches the humor, I just wouldn't be able to wear it.

smklung23


quality posts: 0 Private Messages smklung23

a painfully obvious play on words.

tdelmore


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tdelmore

Yeah, bad pun. Sorry. Not cute enough to make up for the pun.

czs


quality posts: 0 Private Messages czs

Love the color description too:

We call this color: Grass Monkey, That Greenish Monkey.

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
sekiyoku wrote:Uh, are you trying to pick a fight? When I looked at the shirt and read the bio, I thought it was intended to be a kids shirt, since the two fit together. Then I noticed the alcohol and was confused. Maybe woot was trying to be ironic by saying that he designed kids shirts but this one is obviously not for kids.

Also, do you know this designer? Maybe he actually always does alcohol shirts and the kids shirt are the anomaly. Whatever the case, I'm not attacking him, I couldn't care less what style of shirts he does, same or different.



Mr. Leino is pretty well-printed at Threadless, and the Black Rock Collective have been featured (both through side deals and other members) at woot a number of times, not to mention winning second place at DBH's big 10K design contest this fall. He's not exactly obscure.

Also, the bio only states that he was just selected to do some Beatles kids shirts. I don't think you turn down an offer from the Beatles' representation. That is ridiculous money and exposure. Of course, it's also worth reading woot's artist bios with a grain of salt... Wotto is not short for Wotholomew, for example.

ramyb


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
AdderXYU wrote:Mr. Leino is pretty well-printed at Threadless, and the Black Rock Collective have been featured (both through side deals and other members) at woot a number of times, not to mention winning second place at DBH's big 10K design contest this fall. He's not exactly obscure.

Also, the bio only states that he was just selected to do some Beatles kids shirts. I don't think you turn down an offer from the Beatles' representation. That is ridiculous money and exposure. Of course, it's also worth reading woot's artist bios with a grain of salt... Wotto is not short for Wotholomew, for example.



Honestly, I feel that this design is very sad relative to his others, and it's a shame that he didn't do something better for woot when he's done so many good designs in other places. Just my two cents. And as a sidenote, this looks like a kids shirt with alcohol added to me :P

LaPistola


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LaPistola

Funny! In for one.

peppersagooddog


quality posts: 0 Private Messages peppersagooddog
AdderXYU wrote: Wotto is not short for Wotholomew, for example.






o m g how can you say that? thats the coolest name ever devised.



as far as the shirt goes, maybe i should buy one for my 2 year old so when people freak out i can say "but they sell them in kids sizes!!!!" cause that totally negates the issue right?
then again i should have gotten the posthumous pale ale for my 12 year old since he loves zombies. what was i thinking missing out on that?
*heads over to teetrade*

sekiyoku


quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku
peppersagooddog wrote:
as far as the shirt goes, maybe i should buy one for my 2 year old so when people freak out i can say "but they sell them in kids sizes!!!!" cause that totally negates the issue right?
then again i should have gotten the posthumous pale ale for my 12 year old since he loves zombies. what was i thinking missing out on that?
*heads over to teetrade*



Make sure he doesn't wear it to school. xD