vixro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages vixro

Nevermind, my eyes saw what I wanted them to see.

For some reason I thought it had an additional pun on top of the original. With the monkeys wearing "monkey suits". But now that I look again, I see no tuxes. ;)

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
vixro wrote:Nevermind, my eyes saw what I wanted them to see.

For some reason I thought it had an additional pun on top of the original. With the monkeys wearing "monkey suits". But now that I look again, I see no tuxes. ;)

That would have been an added bonus.

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin

me likey. But I've been spending too much on shirts so I'll sleep on it.

second time I saw this I saw Bush as one of those monkeys and even that kid. gosh i'm tired

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale
dijin wrote:me likey. But I've been spending too much on shirts so I'll sleep on it.

second time I saw this I saw Bush as one of those monkeys and even that kid. gosh i'm tired

Waking nightmares?

Vegan

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vegan

Is anyone else getting tired of the "visual pun" Woot shirts? It seems like every other one lately is like, "Monkey bars, get it?" or "Fly paper, get it?"

Hyuck, hyuck!

smklung23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smklung23
Vegan wrote:Is anyone else getting tired of the "visual pun" Woot shirts? It seems like every other one lately is like, "Monkey bars, get it?" or "Fly paper, get it?"

Hyuck, hyuck!

agreed

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

Nice drawing, but not really something I want on a shirt.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

Is the kid screaming because there are monkeys playing on his monkey bars or because they have alcohol on the play ground or both? Either way lose the kid or the alcohol.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
mybell wrote:Is the kid screaming because there are monkeys playing on his monkey bars or because they have alcohol on the play ground or both? Either way lose the kid or the alcohol.

if there is a pun in any said shirt design, woot will print them. end of story.
the woot site is a pun in it's self. shirt.woot get it? 3 am and I still can't get windows 7 to install.

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lunchboxbrain

congrats on the print Ian!

twanda22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twanda22

This is so funny! In for 1.

twanda22

quality posts: 1 Private Messages twanda22
dijin wrote:me likey. But I've been spending too much on shirts so I'll sleep on it.

Where's the respect? Get over it.

Bonkars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bonkars

I think the shirt is a woot-hoot! I'm not buying my 6-yr old one, but I'm certainly going to sport it myself!

SpastasticNomadic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpastasticNomadic
ramyb wrote:Honestly, I feel that this design is very sad relative to his others, and it's a shame that he didn't do something better for woot when he's done so many good designs in other places. Just my two cents.

Because this designer knows his target audience and sadly many wooters don't like quality art. Have you not seen a lot of the cute trout that has won/placed in most derbies since the beg. of Dec (save the last one). Oh, wait...

That being said, congrats, Ian! I love your History on Two Wheels and A Voyage of Discovery shirts. Alas, this one isn't for me, although drunken monkeys really do make recess all the better.

wjmoss

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wjmoss

Cool, an Asheville artist!

Congrats, fellow Ashevillian.

cpinfx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cpinfx

clever!? NOT.

nothing like a pun literally drawn out to really ruin it. I think if the person, '21+' sign, and alcohol was taken out - then we'd have a winner.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots

I hate most puns. I really do. And overly obvious puns make me cringe. *cringe*
Nothing against the designer though. I'm sure he just knows his target audience, which does not include me and my pun-hating ways.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
sidecarsally wrote:Monkeys actually age like dogs, so those monkeys only needed to be 3-years-old to drink.

no they don't.

These don't look like monkeys, by the way, they look like chimps, which are great apes, not monkeys.

Since the woot text referred to chimps, macaques, and baboons:
average lifespan of chimps is about 50 yrs, macaques and baboons average lifespans are about 30-40 years.

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

NOOOO!

I want this shirt so badly. Why am I always short for cash. =/

daaave33

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daaave33

Yaaaaaay! Booze & Monkeys! Too bad it's another green shirt in my woot closet but oh well, I'm in for two!
~ D a3 v e ~

~ daaave33 ~

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
JadenKale wrote:Does every shirt HAVE to be for kids?

Amen to that!! There are some folks in the world who don't have kids...and don't want them. No offense. ;o)

koopadaisy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages koopadaisy

I know it's anal but it looks like the 2nd from the right bar missed a yellow fill. Now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it. Cute shirt, but not something I'd wear.

itsbeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

Perhaps I don't have a good handle on what's appropriate for kids, but I wouldn't think twice if I saw a kid in this shirt.

I'm pretty sure parents who don't want their kids wearing it will self-censor by. . . not buying it.

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
itsbeth wrote:Perhaps I don't have a good handle on what's appropriate for kids, but I wouldn't think twice if I saw a kid in this shirt.

I'm pretty sure parents who don't want their kids wearing it will self-censor by. . . not buying it.

Preach on!!

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I'd laugh if I saw a kid wearing this, and think the parents have senses of humor. Hell, a friend just sent me a photo of his baby wearing a shirt that had a pic of a bottle of whiskey and said "Mommy drinks because I cry too much".

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
wjmoss wrote:Cool, an Asheville artist!

Congrats, fellow Ashevillian.

Yeah, Asheville! That's where I am too. I've always wondered how many locals are into the shirt design thing. Congratulations on the print.

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot
yankeebird wrote:I'd laugh if I saw a kid wearing this, and think the parents have senses of humor. Hell, a friend just sent me a photo of his baby wearing a shirt that had a pic of a bottle of whiskey and said "Mommy drinks because I cry too much".

Love it!! I would totally buy my child a shirt like that. Some t-shirts are just for fun.

EricMDiaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EricMDiaz

Congrats on the print!

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin

I like puns so I'll likely get this shirt. maybe..

if only it wasn't so obvious with the happy hour and 21+ sign.

edit: I just noticed the beastie boys reference. haha

shananies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shananies

That shirt is great, in for one!

arslock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arslock

my first reaction to this was "what?" but now that i see the title, meh...

peawhy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peawhy

The design is OK, not the color of the shirt though.

mmmzzz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmmzzz

Everyone needs to relax on here. Did they ask any of you what you thought about their selling this shirt or others in kids sizes?

brieanna

quality posts: 47 Private Messages brieanna

Why must you offer this when I am broke??????

I would buy this for my 3 year old in a heart beat!!!!!!!!!

Also, you gotta have the kid crying in the pic. It's extra funny to laugh at some kid's pain.

I like my signature.

marypuppe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marypuppe
itsbeth wrote:Perhaps I don't have a good handle on what's appropriate for kids, but I wouldn't think twice if I saw a kid in this shirt.

Or maybe, they'll go for a deeper meaning. This shirt can be used to explain to kids that, yeah, something looks cool, but that's only because they can't do it till they're older. But if you really look, who's doing the drinking? Stupid monkeys that's who.

Don't be like monkeys kids! Retain your innocence!

(Sorry, I see metaphor everywhere, but apparently miss obvious puns, huhu)

In reality, I love this shirt, love the green, love the concept.

.....too bad I don't drink!

I'm picky, I just don't always express it

Vote on Threadless!:

camoor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages camoor

Is it just me or do the shirts seem more professional since the website redesign?

chandlervdw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chandlervdw

Does anyone notice that the bar isn't yellow in front of the martini monkey's grip? nylon.

-------
Chandeezler

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
chandlervdw wrote:Does anyone notice that the bar isn't yellow in front of the martini monkey's grip? nylon.

good catch ahuhu

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
SpastasticNomadic wrote:Because this designer knows his target audience and sadly many wooters don't like quality art. Have you not seen a lot of the cute trout that has won/placed in most derbies since the beg. of Dec (save the last one). Oh, wait...

Zing!

Lamar2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lamar2

i was so in to buying this shirt..but once i saw the alcohol..i was out..it would have been a better shirt with just the monkeys on monkey bars...oh well..