snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
AGrant311 wrote:Wiley wishes the dog was white and instead of a cat, it was a Yorkie, but then, that would be different shirt... Oh well. I will have to debate whether to get this one or not. The doggie lover in me says, "Get it." I'm just not much of a cat person.

By agrant311, shot with KODAK DX6340 ZOOM DIGITAL CAMERA at 2008-08-30

Wiley has better taste than to wear this shirt

smthngcrprt726

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smthngcrprt726

i really can't believe this shirt won. the design is simple, but unfortunately, not in a good way. here's to hoping that better shirts (around the moon and resist) are printed in the next two days. otherwise, I think I will be ignoring shirt.woot for awhile as it has turned into a popularity contest instead of the best designs actually winning.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311

And I just saw this on the hidden side deal for today under the community (Owl Movement). Do I sense a theme?

By agrant311 at 2009-02-05

KillerRamen

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KillerRamen
JadenKale wrote:You mean you didn't even consider the 4 other woot shirts that they printed before this (which wasn't created as a V-day shirt in the first place?)

I know this wasn't directed at me, but...

I kinda liked the robot one, but I have always loved this one. ^^

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick

What's with that white dot in the middle of Missouri?

And don't say "your mother" because she isn't that big.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

I would buy this shirt if, instead of a dog and a cat facing each other, they were dinosaurs facing away from each other with a third one in the middle facing forward, and if, instead of being filled with love, they were filled with communist ideals for some reason.

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301
smedgrick wrote:What's with that white dot in the middle of Missouri?

And don't say "your mother" because she isn't that big.

I believe it's this guy.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
snarkygal wrote:Wiley has better taste than to wear this shirt

So true; he's currently wearing a little doggie shirt right now that says, "I forgot my pants." There's actually a picture of him wearing that in the picture thread.

MotherFogger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MotherFogger
roadmasta wrote:If Godzilla's foot was hovering overhead I would like it.

Ask and you shall receive. Click for more:

You're one bad mother... SHUT YO MOUTH!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
AGrant311 wrote:And I just saw this on the hidden side deal for today under the community (Owl Movement). Do I sense a theme?

At least that has a bit more going on with it. I love Owl Movement though... they have my platty I want so badly.

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
smthngcrprt726 wrote:i really can't believe this shirt won. the design is simple, but unfortunately, not in a good way. here's to hoping that better shirts (around the moon and resist) are printed in the next two days. otherwise, I think I will be ignoring shirt.woot for awhile as it has turned into a popularity contest instead of the best designs actually winning.

Psst...it's been that way for a while. Although, even that's silly, because more often than not, even if Seki or Ramy get a print, the other 2 designs are comparatively better for those that are all "RAR SEKI/RAMY"

Frankly, this isn't a surprise to me in the slightest. Even without looking at SDS or anything like that, I could have told you this would print and made a fairly confident prediction that it would hit first.

EDIT

On a lighter note, props to Woot for the Casablanca/"As Time Goes By" reference.

ctajc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ctajc

I checked shirt.woot for this?
How disappointing that out of all the derby entries this was on top.
Not that it's a bad design... there were just so many that were better. Ah well, there's always Editor's Choice.

Sky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sky
jel2301 wrote:I would buy this shirt if, instead of a dog and a cat facing each other, they were dinosaurs facing away from each other with a third one in the middle facing forward, and if, instead of being filled with love, they were filled with communist ideals for some reason.

Agreed. But I have a feeling we won't be seeing that shirt this time around, either, which is incredibly disappointing. But, hey, I guess that's the woot community's way of helping my own personal economic situation by not permitting the sale of shirts I'll actually spend money on.

Belmarduk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Belmarduk

Love it! In for one. Grats on the print!

HeartlineTwist

If you're wanting to peg the most artistic entry out of the fog, Moon takes it hands down.

Most Wearable gets a technical victory for Resist.

Concept is too close to call.

My opinions, granted, but I think Moon being the most artistic of the four is a pretty fair call.

sekiyoku

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sekiyoku

Hm, I'm late.

Thanks to everyone who helped this print, honestly among designs that I've done, this may not be the most technically advanced ;), but it was the design that I've been most interested in wearing myself. (and my sister feels that way too, ahuhu!) Since it was from the optimism derby, I hope it can make some people happy.

To those who are disappointed that it printed... you guys have six days of fun shirts ahead. :p Aren't you glad this got first so you got it over with?

HeartlineTwist

sekiyoku wrote:
To those who are disappointed that it printed... you guys have six days of fun shirts ahead. :p Aren't you glad this got first so you got it over with?

I ahuhu'd.

I think this shirt is going to enjoy a nice Valentine-related sales bump.

nonommy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nonommy

too cute!!!

fablefire

quality posts: 23 Private Messages fablefire
AGrant311 wrote:And I just saw this on the hidden side deal for today under the community (Owl Movement). Do I sense a theme?

=D

Love that.

Salinga

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Salinga
smthngcrprt726 wrote:i really can't believe this shirt won. the design is simple, but unfortunately, not in a good way. here's to hoping that better shirts (around the moon and resist) are printed in the next two days. otherwise, I think I will be ignoring shirt.woot for awhile as it has turned into a popularity contest instead of the best designs actually winning.

Hehe, that sounds like elementary/middle/high school elections.

Anyway, I didn't expect this to take first place. Second or third maybe, but ah well. It's a cute shirt.
Was hoping the Silver Lining shirt was more popular, unfortunately...

BetYouLoveThisName

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BetYouLoveThisName

its kinda corny. but the g/f's will love. had to get one for mine.

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock
sekiyoku wrote:To those who are disappointed that it printed... you guys have six days of fun shirts ahead. :p Aren't you glad this got first so you got it over with?

Does that mean you're going to win again in 7 days? ;)

MHBoston

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MHBoston
smedgrick wrote:What's with that white dot in the middle of Missouri?

I've explained that white dot once before here.

| w ~ 41 | s.w ~ 44 | so.w ~ 7 | w.w ~ 24 | k.w ~ 1 |

radcoregirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radcoregirl
Sky wrote:Slim to none. Pay the $5 and overnight it, if you must have one.

Edit: unless you live in TX, apparently. Even still, if you really want it by next week, I'd overnight it to be safe.

Bwahaha! Unless you live in Texas? I live only a few hours from the shipping center and it still takes forever. :-D It’s ok though. The anticipation makes it exciting... sometimes I order a shirt, and then forget I ordered it and then I am surprised when I do receive it! It’s like a Surprise present to me!

Cassandra J Boyle

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul

congrats to sekiyoku. I've ordered mine and am looking forward to seeing my special girl wear it. I also loved the Casablanca reference in the write up, so kudos to Woot.

nainebel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nainebel

It'd be real nice if people just stopped complaining. Considering the number of sales achieved for the shirts everyone complains about, its apparent that they actually -are- popular. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

On another note, I'll be buying one... In a few days. Y'know, when I have cash. Great design.

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

ah, love blooms, my heart swoons, so cute, puppy love. I am forever optimistic and references to Casablanca never hurt. ordered mine, can't wait to get it.

Sky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sky
rocketjohn wrote:I'm quite surprised not to see more complaints and conspiracy theories in this thread.

Are they all being hoovered up as quickly as they're posted?

Yup. Which tells us exactly what woot thinks of those conspiracy theories. I think the issue's been decided -- for better or for worse.

radcoregirl wrote:Bwahaha! Unless you live in Texas? I live only a few hours from the shipping center and it still takes forever. :-D It’s ok though. The anticipation makes it exciting... sometimes I order a shirt, and then forget I ordered it and then I am surprised when I do receive it! It’s like a Surprise present to me!

Ha, someone else had posted that they lived close enough to the shipping center that they would receive shirts in under a week, so that's why I said that. Personally, I'm lucky to get anything in under a week when I order overnight... if I order SmartPost, it'll come a week after the expected delivery date, so three weeks after the order date, if I'm lucky. Obviously this isn't woot's fault; it's just the way FedEx handles deliveries to my area, I guess.

And yes, I've usually forgotten about my order by the time it shows up, too, which is actually kind of fun when the order shows up.

MrImpatientpants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrImpatientpants

This shirt would look better on pink.

tabrazinski

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tabrazinski
MHBoston wrote:I've explained that white dot once before here.

this is great. i've asked this question before to no avail.

also, to the person who is telling everyone to stop complaining: i didn't even interpret the comments as complaining... you ain't seen nothin' yet ;)

radcoregirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radcoregirl
Sky wrote:
And yes, I've usually forgotten about my order by the time it shows up, too, which is actually kind of fun when the order shows up.

That’s why the slow post does not bother me! Its fun... :-D and I certainly cant complain because its free, and I'm cheap so it works out perfectly.

Cassandra J Boyle

eneref

quality posts: 13 Private Messages eneref

It's cute, but not overly so. Nor is it overly wearable or giftable for anyone I know.

Which is a shame. I really love some of Seki's designs, but not this one (Sorry, Seki).

Of course, that sentiment pretty much went to all the shirts in this derby except for one. There were some great designs, but overall, not great shirts. Some (like this one) would make excellent greeting cards, or posters, or some such. But to me, a shirt is more than just a great picture. It has to say something about the sensibility of the person wearing it in an understandable fashion (no pun intended). Great art doesn't necessarily make great clothing.

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver

My five year old daughter is going to love this!

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
radcoregirl wrote:Bwahaha! Unless you live in Texas? I live only a few hours from the shipping center and it still takes forever. :-D It’s ok though. The anticipation makes it exciting... sometimes I order a shirt, and then forget I ordered it and then I am surprised when I do receive it! It’s like a Surprise present to me!

Really? That inhales sharply and creates suction. I live in Wichita Falls, and everything I've ordered from woot I've received within 3 business days.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
whitey9 wrote:About time woot got a shirt with a CUTE design!

I'm in for twenty!

Indeed. About damn time! I've been wanting a cute design or two to win in the derby every week since the end of november, and I simply haven't gotten any! I will clearly have to shop elsewhere!

Rolet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rolet

This is an awesome shirt to give on valentines.

breakpoint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages breakpoint

I dont see how a guy would want to wear this unless he wants to get made fun of...

xoishyox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xoishyox

Finally, another super cute shirt. I love it! In for one :3

scottjl

quality posts: 12 Private Messages scottjl

meaning your favorites don't win? not everyone agrees with you. sheesh. get over yourself.

lemontree2099

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lemontree2099

yay! i know lots of people don't like this shirt but i love it. got mine on the way