patrickh222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patrickh222

I don't usually comment, but that is the most depressing tshirt I've ever seen on Woot.

bearysoft

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bearysoft

Reminds me of "Donut Panic" Love that shirt! Still debating on this one...

baseproduct

quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct
yeawuteva wrote:finally a shirt people at PETA would approve of...unlike most of the animal shirts here, this one is in DEFENSE of the poor fishies, who, like humans, have a brain and emotions such as fear and loneliness. I applaud this artist for showing us in shirt.woot-land how eating animals for survival is cruel and should not take place. Viva la vegetarianism!

I couldn't agree more! Eating animals for survival is cruel. Because god knows a shark or a tiger wouldn't eat you, to survive.

We're animals kiddo. Deal with it!

Rynfryin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rynfryin

It's another great woot shirt but unfortunately I have too many brown shirts otherwise I would buy this shirt

methepainter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages methepainter

congrats!

lg316

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lg316

Love it! Don't know what that says about me, considering the posts about how "depressing" it is, but I know I'm not the only one buying.

Anyway, can't wait til it gets here! I'm going to wear it out to get sushi as soon as it does. Should be fun! =D

emsea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emsea

Woot writers,

You never eat carp as sushi. You have to save that one for Gefilte fish.

ScarFan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScarFan

I'm so happy this printed. In for one!

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

This shirt has put me off Sushi.

Which is bad because I live in the Sushi capital of North America. (Vancouver)

ahoyhoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ahoyhoy

Pretty weird and amusing, but not shirt-worthy.

jelzic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jelzic

One for me...one for my kid. Why brown?...I have way to many brown t-shirts already. Down with brown!

jimiyo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimiyo

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Wow I swear I've seen this shirt a thousand times. Whether its donuts, or little paper men, its been used way to many times.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
baseproduct wrote:I couldn't agree more! Eating animals for survival is cruel. Because god knows a shark or a tiger wouldn't eat you, to survive.

We're animals kiddo. Deal with it!

I second that! Its like humans are so disconnected with nature, themselves and reality.

I bet they watch Discovery Channel, Planet Earth ect, and yell at the TV when they see a baby animal get separated from the pack, gets hunted down and eaten.

Should we kill the meat eating animals, or capture them all and get them on vegetarian diets only to watch them wither away while lying to themselves about their health?

Anyone who studies the human body, biology, or just has any sense at all knows that the human body needs huge amounts of nutrients NOT FOUND IN ANYTHING ON THIS PLANET OTHER THAN MEAT. NO YOU CANNOT SUPPLEMENT THESE EITHER.

You can keep telling yourself the sky is red, but its always going to be blue.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

maiene

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maiene

loving the shirt and ordered one - now i would like to order another for a friend - system will not let me place a second order - anyone know how to do that??? thanks

rocknsupergurl83

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rocknsupergurl83

I love the design, but I have WAAAY too many brown shirts already...Would love to get it as a random though...Congrats!

My 10 Most Recent Shirt.Woots: Epic Battle; Just a Little Paint; No one left to play with; Calorie Burning; Tar Pit Painting; Otterrifying; A Simple Question of Weight Ratios; Rock, Paper, Dragon; Pup In Training; Fresh Cake

DrkRonin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DrkRonin

Mmmm, Sushi.. that was where my bf took me for valintines day, thats awsome that this shirt was printed!

briskbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briskbot
yeawuteva wrote:finally a shirt people at PETA would approve of...unlike most of the animal shirts here, this one is in DEFENSE of the poor fishies, who, like humans, have a brain and emotions such as fear and loneliness. I applaud this artist for showing us in shirt.woot-land how eating animals for survival is cruel and should not take place. Viva la vegetarianism!

Its is highly doubtful that fish have complex emotions if any emotions at all. Most fish simply will die when stressed and can only perform natural fleeing behaviors to stressors. They do not have as developed of a cerebral cortex, amygdala, or hippocampal formation as we do. So why should we assume they hold the same emotions?

BTW cool design, wouldnt wear it as a shirt though.

ralphk917

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ralphk917

I am a nice carnivore but not a mindless eating machine. I would never let a prey watch me kill its little buddy.

Fish are food, not friends.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5

I bought this when I got home from a crazy show/party thing, (sober!) and just gotta say I'm really happy for the designer, I hope to see more of her designs printed. ;)

The colors are so beautiful in this design! The bloody knife bothered me a little before, but I like the overall design a lot and that makes up for it.

Congrats!!

EDIT: Oh yay!! I had a feeling this purchase would push me into the black! :D

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
SarahPants5 wrote:I bought this when I got home from a crazy show/party thing, (sober!) and just gotta say I'm really happy for the designer, I hope to see more of her designs printed. ;)

The colors are so beautiful in this design! The bloody knife bothered me a little before, but I like the overall design a lot and that makes up for it.

Congrats!!

EDIT: Oh yay!! I had a feeling this purchase would push me into the black! :D

Thanks Sarah! :'))))))) Your comments make me really happy for some reason.

CarpoMarx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CarpoMarx
IchiTheKiller wrote:funny but true fact, in florida at our aquarium, we have a anual sushi competition/fund raiser.

I read that last part a little too fast, ahuhu.

andibabe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andibabe

I'm really happy this got printed, I liked it the minute I saw it in the derby.

Great design!

smedgrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages smedgrick
CarpoMarx wrote:I read that last part a little too fast, ahuhu.

Wouldn't that be something.

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani

Well February has been a good Shirt.Woot month. I hadn't made any Shirt.Woot purchases in 2009 till February where now I've already made 3 which includes this one.

bootlegzani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bootlegzani

Damn I need some TNT Rolls.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Andy47240 wrote:

Dude, that was shared...

not a fan of sushi, Andy? XD

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph

This isn't something I would personally wear but I think it's creative and beautiful. Nice job and congrats on the print.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

veemon147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veemon147

If it didn't have the knife I'd jump on it, but... it kills it for me.

theamazingkort

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theamazingkort

First WOOT! I love this shirt.

PatMcRotch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PatMcRotch
JadenKale wrote: I get a little teary knowing I won't have decent sushi again for a very long time.

What part of the midwest? Down here in Southwest Missouri, there has been a freaking explosion of Sushi (that sounds good). I had some expensive Sushi in Seattle and I thought the moderatly priced stuff arround here was actually better.

Like so many other folks, I will be wearing this to get some Sushi.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240
JadenKale wrote:Dude, that was shared...

not a fan of sushi, Andy? XD

I don't know. Seriously I've never had it. Some of the stuff on that tray looked pretty good, but some, not so much.
I've only came across sushi at China Buffets and the China Buffets around where I live are kind of iffy.

KidKobun

quality posts: 6 Private Messages KidKobun

Take your preaching elsewhere.
Oh and BTW: http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

woot! should restrict first time wooters from getting the infamous Bustin' out chainsaws.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

JadenKale wrote:I have to say, after having real sushi at a restaurant out east, I have a whole new appreciation for it that I couldn't achieve here in the Midwest. And since I am the adventurous sort, I was the one who ordered the uni, the friend was very hesitant to even try it. I think I would have been rather upset had I not ordered and tried it. She just pushed the quick order menu over and said "order what you think you want". And while it is a buttery consistency and unusual flavor, uni would be something I'd try again, absolutely.

We had a modified rainbow roll, modified california roll, and one called a burrito roll (basically tuna, scallion and avocado), but I really quite enjoyed the traditional sushi the most. And I've never had fish melt in my mouth... that was the best part about the nigiri. I also felt bad she couldn't have the eel I ordered but damn... grilled eel is amazing. I could eat eel and nigiri forever. I get a little teary knowing I won't have decent sushi again for a very long time.

We took a picture of all we had:

and yes...
that is Animal Hat in the picture

I eat high-quality sushi every Tuesday with my coworkers, nya nya~. ^_~

I feel like I should buy this shirt because...hilarious. XD

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte

Volunteer Moderator

fleamarketadict wrote:The bloody knife kills the design as well as the sushi. Does sushi bleed?

Nope, it just slimes.

PS - I'm joking...

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | tg.w: 0 | sp.w: 0 | a.w: 0 | k.w: 0 | s.w: 15 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

sonotthereason

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonotthereason

very disappointed....wanted Death has cooties to win...oh well

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

lokklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lokklyn
fleamarketadict wrote:The bloody knife kills the design as well as the sushi. Does sushi bleed?

Yes. I answered this before, but here's a copypasta:
"Let's just assume, for the purpose of the image, that the fish was fresh when it was cleaned. My friend, who is a sushi chef, tells me that frozen fish usually doesn't bleed; fresh fish, prepared for filleting, does bleed."

The fish could theoretically bleed if handled fresh, which it was. ;o

masterkraig

quality posts: 2 Private Messages masterkraig

Would a bag of these shirts be considered a "Bag Of Carp?"

bags bags bags bags bags. bags.
thanks for the support of "Sounds like Treble"!
www.craigwinslow.com

msspurlock

quality posts: 3 Private Messages msspurlock

Most sushi sock is actually flash frozen on the boat to ensure the death of any pin worms or other transferable parasites that might be in them. Good sushi sock never has them, though, because they live in deeper waters where parasites don't thrive. As for blood, by the time it reaches the itamae's table, any material that carried that has been pared away, so only the muscle is left. The heart and gills are up by the mouth. The best cut is way up on the back, away from internal structures.

400+ Items