kippyj

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kippyj
iamjessica wrote:Oh yeah no doubt I get the shirt. I was just being mildly amusing to myself.
You have friends who don't own computers? That is just plain wrong!

He's almost 50 and afraid of new technology unless it helps his T.V. or his gun collection. He's normal, though. Really.

"I love your red hair. It's not very common and YOU are FAR from common." Tom Harris

operationtrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages operationtrex

In for 1, booya!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
TerriStorer wrote:True but just get the regular XL size. The WXL is a lot smaller than a regular XL.

Signed,

Female who has XL and WXL from woot and prefer the regular XL. Or get one of each and check it out on yourself

I do know someone who compares the WXL to a Mens Medium only the men's style isn't tailored. I'd say that's a fair comparison.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

I see a bouncing button.

I really wanted to pick one up, as I'm apparently the only male in the world that didn't hate his character on Trek (probably b/c I was younger than he was during the first airing), but I've never played D&D so I'd feel pretty stupid parading around in this design.

jmchrysler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmchrysler
rdpollard wrote:This concept is tired. Almost as tired as everything Wil Wheaton puts his hand to. Do something original for once. Use your considerable nerd following for something other than perpetuating the bland status quo.

Pass.

Taking a T-Shirt design a little too seriously are we?

surgeterrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages surgeterrix

I loved the shirt, imagine my surprise when I saw it was created by the same guy I follow on twitter, met at PAX, listen to on the D&D podcast and well...want to read his books, not to mention was sort of a fan of his character in TNG.

JadenKale

IndependentVik wrote:I see a bouncing button.

I really wanted to pick one up, as I'm apparently the only male in the world that didn't hate his character on Trek (probably b/c I was younger than he was during the first airing), but I've never played D&D so I'd feel pretty stupid parading around in this design.

not the best sell out, but not bad by any stretch.

He's in the last 300 sales at this point.

JadenKale

jmchrysler wrote:Taking a T-Shirt design a little too seriously are we?

actually, we all do, since you make $1000 just for being chosen to print and then residuals after the first day's sales.

hajile

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hajile

The "I want" button, it is bouncing.

I'm still on the fence, though.
I think I'll have to pass, this time.

Nizo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nizo

I was playing my dwarf pally last night, throw a minion at the boss and killed her! Man I love D&D!

skateboardstef

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skateboardstef

I wanted it until I realized it was D&D related...eew.

schultzpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schultzpr
csmorgan wrote:Yea thats what I was thinking. d10 is rather important. Now I'm on the fence.

K, so I'm in the "where's the 10?" crowd, too. I"ll prolly pick this up on the backlog tomorrow, but Wil, I guarantee that this will be picked up and harped on by Dragon*Con.

schultzpr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schultzpr

Double

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
eneref wrote:That cartoon? Pure awesome.

But damn did I ever want to slaughter that unicorn. Why did it seem all the cartoons from that era had to have at least one 'super-annoying character that always ends up getting people into trouble' ?

Yes. Uni was a snugglewuggles. (and that "snugglewuggles" filter is pretty good.)

JadenKale

Congrats on the sellout, Wil

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Congrats :D

smcain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smcain

..wow. Its sold out.

There are more people that want to showcase they play DnD then I suspected.

radiodude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radiodude

Waaaa, theresold out and i was about to get one.

Woot, please please print more!!!

Duane Whittingham

Birkk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Birkk

Once again, woot has sub-par designs.

JadenKale

radiodude wrote:Waaaa, theresold out and i was about to get one.

Woot, please please print more!!!

Come back tonight at midnight and use this link:

http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=8110

It'll be $15 instead of $10, but those who snooze, lose.

marimacc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marimacc

Glad I snuck in under the wire; I am SO wearing this to Gen Con this year!

captpikel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captpikel

I saw it's not related to D&D. I say it relates to quantum physics. Probability wave ....probability of dice. Makes sense.

marajad3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages marajad3
marimacc wrote:Glad I snuck in under the wire; I am SO wearing this to Gen Con this year!

I'd wear mine to Gen Con but I'll probably be wearing my Beholder costume instead. I think this makes me lamer than you. Now if I can just wire it up so the eyes light up...

goopile

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goopile

Wil Wheaton? Or should we call you Bon Jovi?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4SKL94akKs

gizagiza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gizagiza

ITS SOLD OUT ALREADY?! Damn damn damn damn damn =(

donnaluvswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages donnaluvswoot

I guess it is the "real" Wil Wheaton since the shirt sold like hotcakes! Congrats Wil and I LOVED you in SBM. Have it on DVD. xoxo

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss
IndependentVik wrote:I see a bouncing button.

I feel the same way. I loved TNG and Wil's character on the show, but I was never into D&D. I was really looking forward to buying his shirt, but this just isn't the shirt for me.

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
emk1028 wrote:Right about the shrinking. Wooted the Birds of a Feather for myself in WL. It is more like kids large. I couldn't begin to fit into it.

I've only got two Woot shirts so far--both in WL, before I knew better. They fit me like a largish WM: I can wear them and not look horrible, but I'll be buying WXL in the future.

... including today! Huge gamer geek, less-huge Trek geek; husband same. No one of the three geek factors (atom, RPG dice, Wil) of this shirt would be enough for me to buy it, but with the three together, I'm in for two. (Yes, I know it's sold out, but I got my order in a few hours ago--just didn't get to the forum then.)

(And while I usually gag if we match, I'm sorely tempted to have us wear these together at cons.)

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

Yeah congrats!

I loved you in Toy Soldiers!

justinpitts1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinpitts1
mkrauss123 wrote:Come on people

None of you have any real cred. And this design makes Mr. Wheaton an obvious poser IMO. Old sk00l D4 had the numbers mid-line on the sides and not on the corners.

Huh.
So, D6: rolled number is in the uppermost position.
D8: rolled number is in the uppermost position
D10: rolled number is in the uppermost position
D20: rolled number is in the uppermost position
D4: corner style - rolled number is in the uppermost position.
D4: 0ld sk0o1 5ty13 - rolled number is in the upp - whoops! Looky there.

I have both kinds of D4, but one of these is clearly out of place. I'm not sure which is older, but I do know which is like every other die I own.

quango

quality posts: 4 Private Messages quango

wow, sold out before noon. great job, man.

foolnamedjon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages foolnamedjon

The Woot Off has sent me.

For Great Lulz!!!!

Devilofabird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Devilofabird
trekmiss wrote:I feel the same way. I loved TNG and Wil's character on the show, but I was never into D&D. I was really looking forward to buying his shirt, but this just isn't the shirt for me.

that sums up exactly how i felt about it.

jsignore

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jsignore

I bought two so that I don't have to share with the hubs. We'll be the matching dorks at Origins...

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

first shirt i wanted to buy without doubt and i didn't even get a chance.

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

None of you have any real cred. And this design makes Mr. Wheaton an obvious poser IMO. Old sk00l D4 had the numbers mid-line on the sides and not on the corners.

Except you have no real cred either. Old d20s used to only have single digit numbers and you had to put white powder in half of them to signify the 10 to 20 range.

I'm just surprised the shirt is missing d10s. Also, I'm surprised it sold out so fast. I guess it is just the author (Wil Wheaton) that got people to buy it. I mean even the Penny Arcade shirt is better than this one, and a lot of that money goes to a good cause. Oh well.

marinersk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marinersk

Newbie.

Original d4 had the numbers on the BOTTOM. You had to pick up the die to read it.

marinersk

Stexe wrote:Except you have no real cred either. Old d20s used to only have single digit numbers and you had to put white powder in half of them to signify the 10 to 20 range.

I'm just surprised the shirt is missing d10s. Also, I'm surprised it sold out so fast. I guess it is just the author (Wil Wheaton) that got people to buy it. I mean even the Penny Arcade shirt is better than this one, and a lot of that money goes to a good cause. Oh well.

Wil (designer of the shirt) indicates the d10 was left off because it's too visually similar to the d8 (which is why I call it the Susan B. Anthony die).

marinersk

mecos wrote:first shirt i wanted to buy without doubt and i didn't even get a chance.

Come back tomorrow. Sale restarts at midnight.

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

My wife and I have been watching through all the old TNG episodes recently... I love coincidences.

Check out my blog:Here!