damightyanteater

quality posts: 12 Private Messages damightyanteater

Aren't you supposed to stand still when a T-Rex is chasing you?

My last 5 woots:
  • Robert Craig Mount Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon x2
  • Woot Cellars Boss Monster Zinfandel Six - Pack
  • Armida Winery Poizin Trio
  • Olivestri Siloro olio nuovo
  • Wellington Vineyard Designate Cabernet Trio

svengoolie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages svengoolie
Nightlullaby wrote:
Obviously there is an audience for it because people voted for it and it won.

Yeah, well, people vote on garbage shirts all the time. That doesn't mean they're going to buy them. Half the audience probably votes for bad shirts just to sabotage it. It's like voting for Sanjaya.

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011

Ugh, being on the fence inhales sharply and creates suction. I would LOVE to buy this shirt to go running in (I run usually about 40 miles/week), but I've already spent WAAAAAAAAY too much money the past few days at woot. Ugh. Decisions, decisions...

imdaman99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages imdaman99
svengoolie wrote:This is... terrible. I haven't seen this bad a shirt here in a long time. It's like he's trying to sell it on the very concept of the "motivational poster" style, but it's not funny. It would be better if he just copied a popular one. That would be bad too, but at least there could be something funny. As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

Pipe down, fatty :P

kcman011

svengoolie wrote:Yeah, well, people vote on garbage shirts all the time. That doesn't mean they're going to buy them. Half the audience probably votes for bad shirts just to sabotage it. It's like voting for Sanjaya.

Ya, only Sanjaya didn't win. And this design did. And I bet it sells out NLT 2 PM.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

So what's next, lolcats?

Hate it.

svengoolie

kcman011 wrote:Ya, only Sanjaya didn't win. And this design did. And I bet it sells out NLT 2 PM.

Right... but that's because it's woot. They let what people vote for win. It was proven that American Idol is completely fake and he was getting the most amount of votes when they decided to kick him off the show.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

i can't believe one of these made it onto a woot shirt. meh

Nightlullaby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nightlullaby
svengoolie wrote:Yeah, well, people vote on garbage shirts all the time. That doesn't mean they're going to buy them. Half the audience probably votes for bad shirts just to sabotage it. It's like voting for Sanjaya.

And yet he didn't win. Why? Because the people actually voting for the real thing outweighed the people voting to sabotage it.

Really don't like the shirt and have nothing meaningful to say? Don't say it then.

jlarmen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlarmen

I purchased 3...to each his own when it comes to striking the funny bone. Good job designer, I thought your design was awesome

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
aoviss wrote:So what's next, lolcats?

Hate it.

Already happened over a year ago. And it was bad too.

Much like the robot wrestlers, congrats on being the best thing in the fog and placing, but not too many congrats for not being a very good shirt.

NortonsArk

quality posts: 12 Private Messages NortonsArk

Bought to wear to my next doctor's appointment. She's always asking what it would take to get me to exercise more...

sleepyjen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sleepyjen

I LOVE this shirt. It made me ahuhu. I'm thinking of buying it as a gym shirt. I only wear black shirts to the gym... I'm confused on the person who indicated that white would be preferable. I hate sweating in white shirts!

kcman011

svengoolie wrote:Right... but that's because it's woot. They let what people vote for win. It was proven that American Idol is completely fake and he was getting the most amount of votes when they decided to kick him off the show.

Wow. Giving the people what they want. What a novel concept!

svengoolie

Nightlullaby wrote:And yet he didn't win. Why? Because the people actually voting for the real thing outweighed the people voting to sabotage it.

Really don't like the shirt and have nothing meaningful to say? Don't say it then.

Wrong.

AdderXYU

svengoolie wrote:Right... but that's because it's woot. They let what people vote for win. It was proven that American Idol is completely fake and he was getting the most amount of votes when they decided to kick him off the show.

It's also worth noting that Sanjaya was bad but entertaining. This is the major difference: people at woot vote for horrible, boring koi that isn't entertaining, because they like boring and horrible. Akin to Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks, if you'd like to take the Idol analogy to the next level. And just like the trite and weak stuff that wins at woot, those two yawns were the top 2 the year Sanjaya was around.

kcman011

AdderXYU wrote:Already happened over a year ago. And it was bad too.

Much like the robot wrestlers, congrats on being the best thing in the fog and placing, but not too many congrats for not being a very good shirt.

Wow, that's got to be the most God-awful design I've seen in a while.

pankay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pankay

I didn't think this was going to be first. I actually really liked the one with the chubby guys chasing the ice cream truck... but that was like 5th..

ill be waiting for tomorrow to buy a shirt probably.. not today though.

danielbog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages danielbog

Exercise, it's a killer. . . wait. . .

PermaBuzzed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PermaBuzzed
AdderXYU wrote:It's also worth noting that Sanjaya was bad but entertaining. This is the major difference: people at woot vote for horrible, boring koi that isn't entertaining, because they like boring and horrible. Akin to Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks, if you'd like to take the Idol analogy to the next level. And just like the trite and weak stuff that wins at woot, those two yawns were the top 2 the year Sanjaya was around.

Hmm 5k+ posts...remind me why are you on Woot again if you think this?

Aside from that, excellent shirt.

Bagelkabob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bagelkabob

Great shirt...for the creationists.

kawi007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawi007

crappy shirt.....sorry designer

I am waiting for the hamster shirt.....that's what she said!!

AdderXYU

PermaBuzzed wrote:Hmm 5k+ posts...remind me why are you on Woot again if you think this?

Half of woot spends every day at the tech side saying nothing but "THIS THING IS SO nylon I WILL POST A LOLCAT".

I'll relinquish my position as resident shirt.woot curmudgeon when they relinquish their positions as dolts.

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy

this shirt made me ahuhu, in for 1. like most of my other woot shirts, probably wear it as pajamas or on my monthly trip to the gym.

oh and where did ahuhu originate from anyway?

AdderXYU

mishy wrote:

oh and where did ahuhu originate from anyway?

Michael Jackson?

Wake101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wake101
nrarmen wrote:Thanks everyone Time for sleep ahuhu...

Hooray for a fellow Louisvillian! I'll be wearing this around, with pride!

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Congrats on the first print!

karenjmerrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages karenjmerrell

I, for one, absolutely love this shirt. I'm getting one. And wearing it. Maybe it'll even motivate me to run somewhere. We'll see!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88

Not too exciting... Not too fond of black and white, and the joke just seems made up without much thought, and T-Rex and excersice just have nothing to do with one another. Its like me putting together a shirt with a football player, playing basketball on ice, and calling it a sports shirt.

Or selling hotdogs only at a hamburger stand.

Maybe a guy jumping out of a plane with a faulty parachute, that he is unaware of, and calling it "Suicide".

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
PermaBuzzed wrote:Hmm 5k+ posts...remind me why are you on Woot again if you think this?

And with your 43 in just 4 years, I'm kind of wondering the same about you, because if you were around a lot, you'd know and understand you can critique, or even hate the shirts here and still be a part of the community, because thats how it works here, thats the beauty.

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
kawi007 wrote:crappy shirt.....sorry designer

I am waiting for the hamster shirt.....that's what she said!!

I prefer this over the hamster shirt.

mfbassplayer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfbassplayer

Congrats on the print!

Yaaaaaaawn. I'm bored.

shadowknight125

quality posts: 7 Private Messages shadowknight125
svengoolie wrote: As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

You apparently don't know very many fat people. I can't speak for all fat people, but I would love to wear this while feebly attempting get in shape. As for the simplicity, thats the beauty of it. I'm just happy that something got first that didn't have some cutesy anime-esque fuzzy animal on it.

Tr0nn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tr0nn
svengoolie wrote:This is... terrible. I haven't seen this bad a shirt here in a long time. It's like he's trying to sell it on the very concept of the "motivational poster" style, but it's not funny. It would be better if he just copied a popular one. That would be bad too, but at least there could be something funny. As it is, I can't imagine there being any audience for it. You think fat people are gonna walk around advertising that they don't work out?

I have seen many a fat kid wearing shirts that say "I beat anorexia" or was it "I beat bulimia" either way they were advertising that they don't work out. Good stuff

Maus24

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Maus24

It's not like it's difficult to stay out of arm's reach of a T-Rex...

geomz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geomz

ahuhu, in for 1

All you guys talking about working out in this shirt... to me it says the opposite message.

For all lazy asses (myself included) it says: running around like a hamster on a wheel doesn't carry the same motivation as being chased by a t-rex. When they resurrect t-rex and it starts rampaging through the city, I'll consider a good run now and again. Until then, eh…..

kawi007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawi007
dijin wrote:I prefer this over the hamster shirt.

to each their own

spider1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spider1981

Love it! This is my first shirt.woot shirt purchase ever!

salope

quality posts: 0 Private Messages salope

I like the black. I like the stick figure running for its life and the fact that the caption is "Exercise". But I didn't laugh. And I'm drunk. Seems like this missed the mark somehow but just now sure how right now. So I'm going to have to wait til I'm sober in the morning to see how I feel about it then.

eastercat

quality posts: 4 Private Messages eastercat
AdderXYU wrote:It's also worth noting that Sanjaya was bad but entertaining. This is the major difference: people at woot vote for horrible, boring koi that isn't entertaining, because they like boring and horrible. Akin to Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks, if you'd like to take the Idol analogy to the next level. And just like the trite and weak stuff that wins at woot, those two yawns were the top 2 the year Sanjaya was around.

Oh jeez. Can we find another American idol contestant to fixate on? The season ended a couple of years ago. If you like Sanjaya, go get his CD. If you don't, trash him on an American Idol forum.

edit: Forgot to mention that I like the shirt. However, my cat's medical bills pretty much prohibit me from buying non-essential items--like this shirt. Sorry.

if u cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb, bt if u rt lk ths u r a mrn.