benwing08


quality posts: 0 Private Messages benwing08

Might as well put Ramy on the payroll.

werdwerdus


quality posts: 15 Private Messages werdwerdus
ramyb wrote:Thanks for letting us know, I don't recall her having said that.



Oggling my goat? post of the day

BCBunny99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages BCBunny99

It's funny, and hamsters are very cute, but there is a huge flaw with the message: if you're a guy and you wear it, your friends will be like "is that what SHE said?" to YOU, and you're a girl it simply won't make sense. It would have been better without words.

Woot! + Sellout count: 31 (2 BoCs)
Shirt count: 18 (2 random, never again...)
RIP: SAY NO TO SCURVY

k17k17


quality posts: 1 Private Messages k17k17
jel2301 wrote:Which begs the question: What are the best possible places?



I know this was supposed to be a smarty-pants comeback, but in all honesty it is treatable unless it affects major organs :P albeit painful.

The other response? My brain, so I never have to process overused faux "witty" retorts again. I've actually gone around and counted how many times I have to hear it during a typical workday. 12 is the all time high right now, 4 being the lowest.

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
werdwerdus wrote:Oggling my goat? post of the day



Oh come on, I set it up!

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

nostalgicBadger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nostalgicBadger

Oh..
See, to be honest, I hadn't really even considered the innuendo.

I appreciate the irony of innuendo from cute animals when done tastefully -- and I really do enjoy this design, but I would be concerned about it being a conversation piece.

A tshirt as a conversation piece gets old pretty quickly, and then I would never wear the shirt anymore.

Therefore -- another night, woot.

corruptdcrusadr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages corruptdcrusadr

LOLOLOL IN FOR A FRIEND.

I wouldn't wear it though.. I get the feeling this joke's going to die soon!

cuchalainfilms


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cuchalainfilms

Not my fav, but congrats to ramyb. Another print. Your on a roll. This one, not my style, however your entry for derby 84 is Amazing. If it stays in the fog, I will buy that fo sho.

Hamsters with a 15 year old joke, Notsomuch.

waacodemon


quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon
JadenKale wrote:I personally hope woot finds a damn filter to replace it.



thats what... she said?

I once ate a cricket.

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
Zenne wrote:That's what she said.



Thanks, Zenne. That laugh is just what I needed!

Carpe shirtem!

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Hey, for anyone who is purchasing this as their first shirt, be warned that AA runs on the small side. I once ordered a size S and it was much smaller than I expected.



That's what Seki said?

EinnaFK


quality posts: 8 Private Messages EinnaFK

I would wear this shirt around Richard Gere, because his middle name is Tiffany and it would amuse me.

dolphinfan2k8


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dolphinfan2k8

Just made my first purchase, got a medium... Probably a mistake if they run small...

schrute


quality posts: 0 Private Messages schrute
JadenKale wrote:yeah the shirt is sickeningly cute... the joke the squirrel makes is sexually demeaning.

So great, woot... does this mean if I put an almond headed animal on a shirt, but have a crass joke in it, I too can have a demeaning sexual innuendo shirt printed?



I agree completely. This is such a distasteful joke because of how widespread it is used without thought. Everyone is 'desensitized' to it so that just makes it acceptable to them. No sexual jokes are acceptable!! It's the SECOND time today I've had to endure this stupid 'joke'...it's so base. Earlier at work I was printing off some reports. This is a small office and the printer is in the middle of the room. The paper jammed (our copier is pretty old and does this a lot). Unfortunately, the office Dark Helmet was waiting for his stuff to print behind me and I made the MISTAKE of saying "Huh, it's jammed in there pretty good today" because I couldn't fix it. OF COURSE...the first thing out of his mouth was "That's what she said!" and the WHOLE office started laughing at me. I hate these kinds of jokes in the workplace. I rarely hear anyone talking about how demeaning it is...yeah we all know it's corny and Rollerball (2002), but I was just SO upset. Thank you for saying this. Ignore all the people who might say that you're too uptight or call you a feminazi (comparing women's rights to Can someone recap World War 2 for me???? what are people thinking?) for saying it...it needs to be said. I don't hear it often enough.

I'm sorry for posting so much in this thread. I just feel strongly about sexual harassment. Jaden, you sound like a smart woman who knows when words can be hurtful. I wish more people were like that. There are not enough smart, cunning, linguists in this world who understand what words can do to people.

sidecarsally


quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

"This is one of my favorite Woot shirts ever! I just want to be covered in it."

"That's what SHE said."

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
schrute wrote:There are not enough smart, cunning, linguists in this world who understand what words can do to people.



I don't mean to offend because I understand your concern and why you take offense, but I was just wondering if when you used "cunning linguist" you had in mind the old joke "you may be a master debater but I'm a cunning linguist". Because it just... kinda fits with the subject matter.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kawi007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawi007
sidecarsally wrote:"This is one of my favorite Woot shirts ever! I just want to be covered in it."

"That's what SHE said."



HA HA HA!

iris420


quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
schrute wrote:I agree completely. This is such a distasteful joke because of how widespread it is used without thought. Everyone is 'desensitized' to it so that just makes it acceptable to them. No sexual jokes are acceptable!! It's the SECOND time today I've had to endure this stupid 'joke'...it's so base. Earlier at work I was printing off some reports. This is a small office and the printer is in the middle of the room. The paper jammed (our copier is pretty old and does this a lot). Unfortunately, the office Dark Helmet was waiting for his stuff to print behind me and I made the MISTAKE of saying "Huh, it's jammed in there pretty good today" because I couldn't fix it. OF COURSE...the first thing out of his mouth was "That's what she said!" and the WHOLE office started laughing at me. I hate these kinds of jokes in the workplace. I rarely hear anyone talking about how demeaning it is...yeah we all know it's corny and Rollerball (2002), but I was just SO upset. Thank you for saying this. Ignore all the people who might say that you're too uptight or call you a feminazi (comparing women's rights to Can someone recap World War 2 for me???? what are people thinking?) for saying it...it needs to be said. I don't hear it often enough.

I'm sorry for posting so much in this thread. I just feel strongly about sexual harassment. Jaden, you sound like a smart woman who knows when words can be hurtful. I wish more people were like that. There are not enough smart, cunning, linguists in this world who understand what words can do to people.



I really see your point. I work in a heavily male dominated field and I hear this joke at least three times/day. When I first started working with all these guys, it really embarrassed me. Now I'm able to shake it off pretty well. I can't help but feel that no matter what we say in this thread, though, that someone will be able to make it into a "That's what she said" joke. And for the record, every time Michael Scott says it on The Office I lose my Rollerball (2002) laughing so hard. Not so funny when it's your 60 year old boss saying it to you, though.

Carpe shirtem!

Holyshnikez


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Holyshnikez

4th shirt woot. Thanks alot, I enjoy the design personally as I'm a huge fan of The Office and "thats what she said".

kawi007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawi007

in for 1

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:I don't mean to offend because I understand your concern and why you take offense, but I was just wondering if when you used "cunning linguist" you had in mind the old joke "you may be a master debater but I'm a cunning linguist". Because it just... kinda fits with the subject matter.



iris420 wrote:I really see your point. I work in a heavily male dominated field and I hear this joke at least three times/day. When I first started working with all these guys, it really embarrassed me. Now I'm able to shake it off pretty well. I can't help but feel that no matter what we say in this thread, though, that someone will be able to make it into a "That's what she said" joke. And for the record, every time Michael Scott says it on The Office I lose my Rollerball (2002) laughing so hard. Not so funny when it's your 60 year old boss saying it to you, though.



I don't even watch the office and can tell you that a blank-box poster named "Schrute" is being totally sarcastic and in actuality thinks this is the height of humor.

That said, it's not. Like any catch phrase, it has its moments, and I think the "offensive to me as a woman" concept is as ludicrous as "offensive to me as a native american or chicken" was on Chief Many Feathers. But it is incredibly tired, just like this style of "illustration." Using an overdone and menially-funny-at-best joke with an overdone and menially-cute-at-best style really sums woot up lately. VOTE FOR OTTERS AND SQUIDDIES!!!

eHalcyon


quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
AdderXYU wrote:I don't even watch the office and can tell you that a blank-box poster named "Schrute" is being totally sarcastic and in actuality thinks this is the height of humor.

That said, it's not. Like any catch phrase, it has its moments, and I think the "offensive to me as a woman" concept is as ludicrous as "offensive to me as a native american or chicken" was on Chief Many Feathers. But it is incredibly tired, just like this style of "illustration." Using an overdone and menially-funny-at-best joke with an overdone and menially-cute-at-best style really sums woot up lately. VOTE FOR OTTERS AND SQUIDDIES!!!



Oh ha, good point.

In my defence, people get offended by everything all the time.

So next derby with text allowed... mom jokes?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

AdderXYU


quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
eHalcyon wrote:Oh ha, good point.

In my defence, people get offended by everything all the time.

So next derby with text allowed... mom jokes?



Probably. It is dramatically rare for a text derby to pass with good winners.

I have to say though, in the defense of anyone who might be sexually inhibited enough to believe that their own gender doesn't objectify the other plenty enough that a subtle zinger is the least of their equality worries, if this wasn't a pop-culture reference, it would have been rejected for tawdry content. We've all been derbyists long enough to know this, right?

I mean, I figure woot pays Rob Glenn for koi because he hooks them up with blo... er, free XM radio, but I have no clue what Ramy is doing to make him exempt. His shirts are not selling THAT well.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
kawi007 wrote:in for 1



thats what she said!

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
iris420 wrote:I really see your point. I work in a heavily male dominated field and I hear this joke at least three times/day. When I first started working with all these guys, it really embarrassed me. Now I'm able to shake it off pretty well. I can't help but feel that no matter what we say in this thread, though, that someone will be able to make it into a "That's what she said" joke. And for the record, every time Michael Scott says it on The Office I lose my Rollerball (2002) laughing so hard. Not so funny when it's your 60 year old boss saying it to you, though.



Just for the record, I wasn't saying I'm offended by the joke because of it's sexual reference. I'm simply disgusted with the joke in its entirety. It's a horribly unpleasing joke and as everyone here knows, it's been done to death.

mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
eHalcyon wrote:In a honeymoon suite after marrying a billionaire?



I was thinking it was never a good idea to catch "it", but if you have to thats the place, why can't there be a clean billionaire out there for me?

kawi007


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawi007
ChefRAZ wrote:thats what she said!



good 1......

mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
JadenKale wrote:Just for the record, I wasn't saying I'm offended by the joke because of it's sexual reference. I'm simply disgusted with the joke in its entirety. It's a horribly unpleasing joke and as everyone here knows, it's been done to death.



I am going to show my age here, but that joke was old when I was in high school in the 70's.

JadenKale


quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
mybell wrote:I am going to show my age here, but that joke was old when I was in high school in the 70's.



Then it should have been buried in the '70s.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
JadenKale wrote:Then it should have been buried in the '70s.



Jim: Does that include 'that's what she said'?

Michael: Mmhh, yes.

Jim: Wow that is really hard.


You really think you can go all day long?

Well, you always left me satisfied and smiling.

Michael Scott: Mmmm... THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Ha Ha!

takelondon


quality posts: 1 Private Messages takelondon
JadenKale wrote:yeah the shirt is sickeningly cute... the joke the squirrel makes is sexually demeaning.

So great, woot... does this mean if I put an almond headed animal on a shirt, but have a crass joke in it, I too can have a demeaning sexual innuendo shirt printed?



Thank you. Can't believe you're the only person to say this.

-10 Faith in Humanity ;_;

VonMonkey


quality posts: 3 Private Messages VonMonkey

baseproduct


quality posts: 5 Private Messages baseproduct
eHalcyon wrote:I don't mean to offend because I understand your concern and why you take offense, but I was just wondering if when you used "cunning linguist" you had in mind the old joke "you may be a master debater but I'm a cunning linguist". Because it just... kinda fits with the subject matter.



Dude's account name is "schrute". If he was being serious, I will not only buy a copy of this shirt, but I'll eat it, too.

StillVictorious


quality posts: 1 Private Messages StillVictorious

For all the women getting really offended...you girls do realize the shirt is about a premature ejaculator, right? Who's that offending, exactly?

I'm a woman, and I'm not buying the shirt because it's nylon and silly...not because I'm offended.

mrmanoman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrmanoman

THIS SHIRT inhales sharply and creates suction.

BootsBoots


quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
Zenne wrote:That's what she said.



I'm the only person I know that still hasn't watched the American version of the Office, but I think I might have to now...


mybell


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
JadenKale wrote:Then it should have been buried in the '70s.



That's the problem with bad jokes, they are like zombies and just will not stay buried.

CardinalGoldstein


quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

I don't think the shirt is very funny. The drawing is eh, OK, but not great. Definitely not something I'm gonna buy.

dartingd


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dartingd

in for 1

SmartBugger


quality posts: 2 Private Messages SmartBugger

Just got one =) Be really surprise if this doesn't sell out.